Start by marking “The Seeker (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
The Seeker (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #1-2)

The Seeker (The Obernewtyn Chronicles #1-2)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  297 ratings  ·  12 reviews
New from acclaimed fantasy author Isobelle Carmody comes The Seeker, an omnibus edition of the first two books in the dystopian fantasy the Obernewtyn Chronicles—Obernewtyn and The Farseekers!

Discover the adventure! Elspeth Gordie has a secret: she's a Misfit, born with mental powers that would mean her death if discovered. But she's not alone, and her exile to the mysteri
Published July 26th 2011 by Bluefire

To ask other readers questions about The Seeker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seeker

Jen.talty

Obernewtyn review

book by: Jsovelle Carmody

Review by: Jennifer Talty

The book was very masterfully written, not only for its many different events but also for the human emotions that can be easily seen and felt while immersing yourself into the story. Unlike some novels, obernewtyn is very adventurous and keeps the reader on their toes as they continue on through the story, what with its mysteries, hidden secrets, and many intense moments, this book is a good read for those who wish to be immer
Stephanie
Because I must sleep soon, I will only give a shortened version of my thoughts at the moment, with promise of more to come, and they are as follows:

1)This is such a compelling read, it's like Harry Potter with the world-building and the prophecies, but so different at the same time. Though technically a children's book, I reccommend all people 4th grade and up read this.

2)I found my new OTP. And it is adorable.
Jennifer.talty

book by: Jsovelle Carmody

Review by: J

I found this book to be very interesting along with suspenseful due to the mysteries and also the plot line. Each character had their own personality which is a nice change to just bland characters who just show up and leave randomly within a novel. I would recommend this book to anyone in want of adventure and suspense!

Tabitha Hitchcock
I absolutely love this series! I think I've read the books 3 or 4 times over :) they are so well written as well.
Arianna Centrella
it was cool and mystifying and it was spell binding
Rosezeata
Jan 21, 2014 Rosezeata rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: e
Enjoyable and want to read more. However I didn't find myself having a hard time leaving the world of the book. It was not one I daydreamed about.
Adrienne
Easy to read and a mildly interesting story. I was considering continuing the series, but the combination of one-dimensional villians and the fact that it's not finished after 25 years changed my mind.
Jackie
This is a good 2 book novel that I own and love. The originality is great.
Lynda
I like it so far can't wait to see what happens next
Elizabeth
Rereading this series on my nook, still loving them!
Lelly
Dec 15, 2013 Lelly added it
Love this series! Can't wait for the last book

Draya
Draya marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Riley
Riley added it
Nov 03, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
city-of-alice-books
city-of-alice-books marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Juliet
Juliet marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Bryn Barton
Bryn Barton marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Alaa
Alaa marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Maximina Rios
Maximina Rios marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
  • Brimstone
  • The Complete Ivory: Gate of Ivory, Two-Bit Heroes, Guilt Edged Ivory
  • Die Trolle (Die Trolle, #1)
  • Fallowblade (The Crowthistle Chronicles, #4)
  • The E.L. Konigsburg Collection
  • Dragonlinks (The Jelindel Chronicles #1)
  • Assassin Fantastic
  • Enslaved by a Viking (The New Icelandic Chronicles, #2)
  • Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz; The Road to Oz; The Emerald City of Oz - Book 2
  • Wind Follower
  • The Fledging of Az Gabrielson (The Clouded World, #1)
  • Witch Rising (Witch Song #2.5)
  • Assassin & Betrayal (The Grace Mysteries, #1-2)
  • Journey to the Fringe (Stone Mage Wars #1)
  • A World Divided (Darkover Omnibus, #5)
  • Immortal Beloved (Knight Trilogy, #2)
  • Stranger (The Change, #1)
  • Magic in Manhattan: Volume One (Magic in Manhattan, #1-2)
Isobelle Carmody began the first novel of her highly acclaimed Obernewtyn Chronicles while she was still in high school. The series has established her at the forefront of fantasy writing in Australia.

In addition to her young-adult novels, such as the Obernewtyn Chronicles and Alyzon Whitestarr, Isobelle's published works include several middle-grade fantasies. Her still-unfinished Gateway Trilogy
More about Isobelle Carmody...
Obernewtyn (Obernewtyn Chronicles, #1) The Farseekers (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #2) Ashling (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #3) The Keeping Place (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #4) The Stone Key (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #5)