Start by marking “The Seeker (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
The Seeker (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #1-2)

The Seeker (The Obernewtyn Chronicles #1-2)

New from acclaimed fantasy author Isobelle Carmody comes The Seeker, an omnibus edition of the first two books in the dystopian fantasy the Obernewtyn Chronicles—Obernewtyn and The Farseekers!

Discover the adventure! Elspeth Gordie has a secret: she's a Misfit, born with mental powers that would mean her death if discovered. But she's not alone, and her exile to the mysteri
Published July 26th 2011 by Bluefire

To ask other readers questions about The Seeker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seeker

Lucy
Nov 12, 2014 Lucy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: australian, 2016
Obernewtyn - 3/5 stars, The Farseekers - 4/5 stars
Annmarie
Apr 17, 2016 Annmarie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was great loved it couldn't put it down its got everything in it I.I was completely swept up in it there's 7 books altogether it looks like I'm waiting on the 3 rd book now !I've been trying a lot of different types of book lately and now I've seen I've been missing a lot by only reading my regular genre !I loved that the animals were talking in it to I am hoping for some romance with her and the guy who loves her in the coming books. can't wait to read!!!!!!I'd definitely recommend th ...more
Jen.talty

Obernewtyn review

book by: Jsovelle Carmody

Review by: Jennifer Talty

The book was very masterfully written, not only for its many different events but also for the human emotions that can be easily seen and felt while immersing yourself into the story. Unlike some novels, obernewtyn is very adventurous and keeps the reader on their toes as they continue on through the story, what with its mysteries, hidden secrets, and many intense moments, this book is a good read for those who wish to be immer
Stephanie
Because I must sleep soon, I will only give a shortened version of my thoughts at the moment, with promise of more to come, and they are as follows:

1)This is such a compelling read, it's like Harry Potter with the world-building and the prophecies, but so different at the same time. Though technically a children's book, I reccommend all people 4th grade and up read this.

2)I found my new OTP. And it is adorable.
Linda Barnett
Jan 30, 2016 Linda Barnett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book was a little slow to start, but then the pace picked up as the characters, and their place in a post apocalyptic world where many have discovered latent psychic abilities, are developed. Some factions are striving to recover the "beforetime" technology to gain power and others realize that it would have the potential to finish destroying their world, and the last of humanity.

Over all I enjoyed both of the first two books and I am looking forward to finishing the series.
Jennifer.talty
Sep 07, 2014 Jennifer.talty rated it really liked it

book by: Jsovelle Carmody

Review by: J

I found this book to be very interesting along with suspenseful due to the mysteries and also the plot line. Each character had their own personality which is a nice change to just bland characters who just show up and leave randomly within a novel. I would recommend this book to anyone in want of adventure and suspense!

Adrienne
Easy to read and a mildly interesting story. I was considering continuing the series, but the combination of one-dimensional villians and the fact that it's not finished after 25 years changed my mind.
Jackie
Nov 30, 2013 Jackie rated it really liked it
This is a good 2 book novel that I own and love. The originality is great.
Tabitha Hitchcock
Feb 05, 2014 Tabitha Hitchcock rated it really liked it
I absolutely love this series! I think I've read the books 3 or 4 times over :) they are so well written as well.
Lelly
Dec 15, 2013 Lelly added it
Love this series! Can't wait for the last book

Arianna Centrella
Mar 22, 2014 Arianna Centrella rated it it was amazing
it was cool and mystifying and it was spell binding
Lynda
Jul 12, 2013 Lynda rated it really liked it
I like it so far can't wait to see what happens next
Barbra
Jan 14, 2014 Barbra rated it liked it
Shelves: e
Enjoyable and want to read more. However I didn't find myself having a hard time leaving the world of the book. It was not one I daydreamed about.
Elizabeth
Rereading this series on my nook, still loving them!
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2012
Ellie Bennett
Ellie Bennett rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2011
Manman
Manman rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2012
Ellenabobbin
Ellenabobbin rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2015
Danica
Danica rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2015
Jill
Jill rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2014
Kita
Kita rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2012
Learethus
Learethus rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2012
Naomi
Naomi rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2014
Alicia
Alicia rated it it was ok
May 02, 2017
Michael Farris
Michael Farris rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Tascha
Tascha rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2014
Allison
Allison rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2013
Emma Rose
Emma Rose rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2012
Suraya
Suraya rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2011
  • Beyond a Shadow (Smithson Group SG-5 #8)
  • Dragonfang (The Jelindel Chronicles #2)
  • Wind Follower
  • Exponentialdrift
  • The E.L. Konigsburg Collection
  • Assassin & Betrayal (The Grace Mysteries, #1-2)
  • Die Trolle (Die Trolle, #1)
  • Brimstone (Maggie Quinn: Girl Vs. Evil #1-2)
  • Circus Galacticus
  • Assassin Fantastic
  • The Complete Ivory: Gate of Ivory, Two-Bit Heroes, Guilt Edged Ivory
  • Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz; The Road to Oz; The Emerald City of Oz - Book 2
  • The Visconti House
  • Immortal Beloved (The Knight Trilogy, #2)
  • Homecoming: Earth (Omnibus) (Homecoming Saga, #4-5)
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • Worlds that Weren't
  • Magic in Manhattan: Volume One (Magic in Manhattan, #1-2)
Isobelle Carmody began the first novel of her highly acclaimed Obernewtyn Chronicles while she was still in high school. The series has established her at the forefront of fantasy writing in Australia.

In addition to her young-adult novels, such as the Obernewtyn Chronicles and Alyzon Whitestarr, Isobelle's published works include several middle-grade fantasies. Her still-unfinished Gateway Trilogy
More about Isobelle Carmody...

The Obernewtyn Chronicles (8 books)
  • Obernewtyn (Obernewtyn Chronicles, #1)
  • The Farseekers (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #2)
  • Ashling (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #3)
  • The Keeping Place (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #4)
  • The Stone Key (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #5)
  • The Sending (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #6)
  • The Red Queen (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #7)
  • The Obernewtyn Chronicles: Books 1 - 6