Start by marking “Claymore, Vol. 19: Phantoms in the Heart (Claymore, #19)” as Want to Read:
Claymore, Vol. 19: Phantoms in the Heart (Claymore, #19)

Claymore, Vol. 19: Phantoms in the Heart (クレイモア / Claymore #19)

Sexy, sword-swinging ladies in an epic medieval monster hunt

Reads R to L (Japanese Style).

Priscilla relentlessly pursues Clare's destruction, while Deneve and Helen remain just as determined to protect her. But when the combined form of Luciela and Rafaela attacks, Clare and her cohorts are pulled into the twisting mass. Meanwhile, in Ribona, Miria heads east to destroy t
Published November 1st 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 3rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Claymore, Vol. 19, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claymore, Vol. 19

Roxana-Mălina Chirilă
Aug 19, 2016 Roxana-Mălina Chirilă rated it really liked it
More fighting, more abysmally strong creatures running about and destroying the world (will there be anything left at the end of the series, or just a bunch of people floating about in space, looking at the asteroids around them and thinking "Well, this could have gone better"?)

And in the midst of it all, a lone warrior runs off to fight against the organization which started it all. You can tell for sure that for her, this *could*, indeed, have gone better.
Ana Mardoll
Dec 01, 2012 Ana Mardoll rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ana-reviewed
Claymore, Vol. 19 / 978-1421540788

I'm a very devoted fan of both the Claymore anime and the manga. I love the crisp black-and-white artwork, and while I realize it's not for everyone I personally think it's a perfect style for graphic novels. I find the action easy to follow, and the faces and body language to be surprisingly emotive. The story is complex and compelling, and I'm all in until the series finally finishes. I own this volume as a Nook Book e-book, and I assume it will shortly be por
Mike
Oct 11, 2012 Mike rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
"I wish everyone in my way... would disappear."

Not only does volume 19 directly continue a major arc started in volume 18 the series in general builds off all that has come before. This is not the place to start reading - go back to the beginning.

The end chapters of the massive The Ashes of Lautrec arc (parts 7-10) finish the Earth-shattering conflict between the greatest powers in the land. The ones left fighting are terrifying and near omnipotent, and a huge sacrifice will be required for anyo
Desi Ariyanis
Feb 11, 2015 Desi Ariyanis rated it really liked it
Miria T__T
x
Sep 15, 2016 x added it
ماني قادرة أوقف قراءة المانقا.
Mandy Sickle
Claymore is a manga about Yoma who pretend to be human in order to kill and eat the humans. The Claymore are the hybrid of the two stronger faster but still human with the ability to slay the Yoma which they do for a price. They travel from village to village slaying Yoma with nothing but the sword on their back using the Yoma abilities but slowly turning into a monster that they hunt. When the time comes a Claymore will send a black card to another claymore to be slain before the Yoma takes ove ...more
MissAnnThrope
Karissa
Feb 07, 2015 Karissa rated it really liked it
This is the 19th volume in the Claymore series. This series is rumored to be wrapping up later this year with volume 27. While the last two books in this series were amazing, I felt like this one lagged a little.

Helen, Deneve, and Clare continue to fight the Awakened Priscilla. Priscilla is pretty much going on a rampage in her effort to get to Clare. Their fight is further complicated when the joint Rafaela/Luciela evolves into something even more deadly.

After the above we fellow Phantom Miria
Wickedshizuku
Feb 23, 2012 Wickedshizuku rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Anime-planet.com
We begin with Chapter 102: The Akuma(devil) That Swooped Down.
The Abysmal Eaters have been set loose, and show their fearsome abilities. The drive to eat. Sending monsters after monsters. This just will not end well.
Meanwhile elsewhere Galetea reveals to Helene and Deneve Phantom Miria's plan to take down the organization. Then off into the action we shall go afterwards.
Good gods this has to be the crowning volume in this series because it has left me with my jaw on the floor, and my eyes wishi
machinaheart
Four to five stars for Claymore in general because ... SO MUCH! I guess individual volumes range from three to five, but at the moment I can't properly rate them individually because I ploughed through the manga re-reading a lot and just inhaling the newer volumes. I couldn't stop.
Super intriguing dystopia, mysteries over mysteries without getting less interesting, extremely creative body horror (ranging from beautifully other to horribly disgusting), carving your own path (sometimes, most often
Otakore Literantadodist
Mar 26, 2015 Otakore Literantadodist rated it it was ok
Dylan Murphy
Apr 27, 2013 Dylan Murphy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Oh man that was an intense volume!
More action and reveals than I am used to, and damn did it make for a fun read!
What will the Ghosts of the North do with Clare inside a monster and Miria in trouble with the organization? And how will the organization respond to the threats going on in the west? Damn but I can't wait to find out!
Ash
Aug 31, 2011 Ash rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-manga
I was planning to read this volume a bit later but I couldn't help it.
I just can't believe what's happening the events are unbelievable so far. I can't mention them it's tooo FAST. A hell of a ride.

EDIT: WHAT 7 MONTHS LEFT FOR THE NEXT VOLUME!!! KILL ME :'(
Alx_zero
Jun 13, 2013 Alx_zero rated it liked it
Shelves: cómic-manga
Se le está yendo un poco de las manos la historia. Aún así, pese a tanta acción descontrolada, al final consigue anclar emocionalmente lo leído con un final realmente descorazonador. Espero que no sea cierto...
Katya
Oct 24, 2012 Katya rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, 2012
Fuck, that was depressing.
Lauren
Feb 14, 2015 Lauren rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
What a dramatic series! Claire is such a strong female character and I loved to see how much she grew throughout the series. Her story was so tragic and heartbreaking along with everyone else's.
Infinite Scythe
Edith
Feb 11, 2016 Edith rated it it was amazing
No, Miria!!!
Kereesa
Ah. My god. This series. It gets crazy.

Clare?

4.5/5
Dorin
Jul 26, 2016 Dorin rated it really liked it
I don't know why Miria chose to fight the organization alone, but alone she went. Perhaps one of the toughest episodes, that finishes with a "this cannot happen"
Burak
Aug 18, 2013 Burak rated it it was amazing
Richard Enticknap
Richard Enticknap rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Ryan Seaba
Ryan Seaba rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2013
Nicholas
Nicholas rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Randy Wang
Randy Wang rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Andrea Evans
Andrea Evans rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2013
Anıl
Anıl rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2017
Gary Askham
Gary Askham rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2015
Konstantine
Konstantine rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2013
  • Dance in the Vampire Bund Vol 8
  • Berserk, Vol. 19
  • Ill-Conceived Magic (Monster Haven, #1.5)
Norihiro Yagi (八木 教広 Yagi Norihiro) is a Japanese manga writer and artist from Okinawa Prefecture. He started making manga in 1990.

Norihiro Yagi is a successful manga artist, having won the 32nd Akatsuka Award for his very first work, Undeadman. Undeadman appeared in Monthly Shōnen Jump and has had two sequels. Yagi's first serialized manga was his comedy-genre Angel Densetsu, which appeared in Mo
More about Norihiro Yagi...

クレイモア / Claymore (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Claymore, Vol. 1: Silver-eyed Slayer (Claymore, #1)
  • Claymore, Vol. 2: Darkness in Paradise (Claymore, #2)
  • Claymore, Vol. 3: Teresa of the Faint Smile (Claymore, #3)
  • Claymore, Vol. 4: Marked for the Death (Claymore, #4)
  • Claymore, Vol. 5: The Slashers (Claymore, #5)
  • Claymore, Vol. 6: The Endless Gravestones (Claymore, #6)
  • Claymore, Vol. 7: Fit for Battle (Claymore, #7)
  • Claymore, Vol. 8: The Witch's Maw (Claymore, #8)
  • Claymore, Vol. 9: The Deep Abyss of Purgatory (Claymore, #9)
  • Claymore, Vol. 10: The Battle of the North (Claymore, #10)