Start by marking “Film Production Management 101-2nd Edition: Management & Coordination in a Digital Age” as Want to Read:

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
This new edition has undergone a comprehensive update to address the shifting balance between digital and film technologies. The book includes everything a filmmaker needs to know, from budgeting to managing the production office, and comes with downloadable forms.
Published April 1st 2011 by Michael Wiese Productions (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Film Production Management 101-2nd Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Film Production Management 101-2nd Edition

Michelle
Great resource! If your goal is to become a PM or you just want to be in the know as coordinator, this is the book for you! Very detailed and easy to read. Gives great scenarios (many of which I've already run into). This is my go-to PM bible.
Livia
I read this book as part of my research before making the decision to move to LA to pursue my dream career of working in tv/film.

The author does a good job of giving the reader an overview of behind the scenes production positions. I really liked being able to see the the different paperwork forms that can be used.

I arrived in LA on August 1, 2011, and I landed my first on set indie feature film PA gig in late August 2011. Thanks to this book, I felt somewhat prepared for the experience.
Aselawati
i like this book...
Jane Torres
Jane Torres marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Nina Salvo
Nina Salvo marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Octavian Ghiuritan
Octavian Ghiuritan marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Curtis
Curtis marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Vengatesan
Vengatesan marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
Jul 24, 2014
Lauryn Guerrieri
Lauryn Guerrieri marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Kaitlyn.tsai93
Kaitlyn.tsai93 marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Bill Wu
Bill Wu marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Samantha Nemeth
Samantha Nemeth marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Pradeep Lingam
Pradeep Lingam marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Ronal
Ronal marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Laury Hernandez
Laury Hernandez marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Ossama Khalil
Ossama Khalil marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2013
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Logan
Logan marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Mắt Lạnh
Mắt Lạnh marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
Natalie
Natalie is currently reading it
Oct 04, 2014
Ferdinand
Ferdinand marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2013
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2013
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
May 09, 2013
Dennis Kullberg
Dennis Kullberg marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2013
Šarūnas
Šarūnas marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2012
Deborah Patz has been a filmmaker on award-winning productions since the mid-1980s, primarily as a production manager and coordinator, and then as production executive. She has worked with Lucasfilm, IMAX, MCA/Universal, Alliance/Atlantis, Nelvana, BBC, CBC, the Disney Channel, and the list goes on.

Based on her experiences, she wrote her first book on production coordination (published in 1997) an
More about Deborah S. Patz...
Film Production Management 101: The Ultimate Guide for Film and Television Production Management and Coordination (Michael Wiese Productions) Surviving Production: The Art of Production Management for Film and Television