Start by marking “The Spellkey (Spellkey, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Spellkey (Spellkey, #1-3)

The Spellkey (Spellkey #1-3)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The heart of the story is a journey made by two outcasts: Caitlin, a wild girl-child accused of witchcraft and sentenced to exile in the Abbey of the Ninthstile; and The Badger, a disapointing ward of the Abbot of Thirdmoon See, who has been ordered to escort her. As they travel through the Thirteen Kingdoms, they are pursued and observed by a myterious man with red hair w ...more
Published January 1st 1995 by Baen Books (first published October 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The Spellkey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spellkey

Michelle
This was a book that I first read many years ago, and I remember being really impressed with the intricacy of the plots. The omnibus edition (which I think is the only one in print) is actually three books all put together: The Spellkey, The Glass Salamander, and The Books of the Keepers. The book(s) is/are geared towards teens, but a lot of the subject matter seems older, also the plots are very layered and there are numerous peripheral characters that one has to keep track of. It's kind of awe ...more
Apr 17, 2011 Laura added it
Here's a book I originally read back in high school. I've looked for a copy ever since, and happened to see it right in front of my eyes at the thrift store one day! Wonderful, romantic fantasy tale, full of strange and interesting characters. Includes two new chapters added by the author, with the original books: The Spellkey, The Glass Salamander, and The Books of the Keepers.
h
the story of caitlin and badger has stuck with me for more than half my life. it's haunting and simply told and incredibly lovely. magical without being cozy.

---

reread of an old favorite. i never grow tired of this story. a beautiful fantasy. definitely an underrated series.
Farfished9
I took this book everywhere with me for a couple of years...I haven't read it in nearly 15 years...I remember being enthralled and completely taken away...Who knows if it is really good or not...but I fell in love. =)Please read this book and talk with me about it!
Penelope
I read this when I was much younger and was delighted when I found a second hand copy in a charity shop. I reread and loved it just as much. A delightful story, filled with charm and simple joy.
Heather Moore
I loved this when I read it in highschool.
Tony
Tony marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Simon
Simon added it
Jan 26, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Neva
Neva marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Ali Thomson
Ali Thomson marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Abeer Kettaneh
Abeer Kettaneh marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Kushal
Kushal added it
Oct 04, 2014
emily
emily marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Froxis
Froxis marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Brianne Couey
Brianne Couey marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
jilly
jilly marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Finola
Finola added it
May 28, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Julianda Marseille
Julianda Marseille marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
the prince
the prince marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
What's The Name o...: SOLVED Young Adult - fantasy, Arthurian type setting? [s] 12 195 Nov 13, 2011 04:36PM

Spellkey (2 books)
  • The Glass Salamander (Spellkey, #2)
  • The Books of the Keepers (Spellkey, #3)
Hatching Magic (Hatching Magic, #1) The Dragon of Never-Was (Hatching Magic, #2) Elephant Talk: The Surprising Science of Elephant Communication The Spellkey (Spellkey, #1) The Glass Salamander (Spellkey, #2)