Start by marking “Legal Briefs: Short Stories by Today's Best Thriller Writers” as Want to Read:
Legal Briefs: Short Stories by Today's Best Thriller Writers
Preview

Legal Briefs: Short Stories by Today's Best Thriller Writers

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  3 reviews
William Bernhardt, author of seven bestselling novels featuring attorney Ben Kincaid, asked ten of his fellow lawyer/authors to contribute their most fiendishly clever short pieces for this anthology, and told them their imaginations were their only guides.The result is Legal Briefs, a smorgasbord of stories boasting a wonderful variety of themes and styles.From John Grish ...more
Published May 18th 1998 by Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Legal Briefs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legal Briefs

Diana H.
I initially picked up this book to read the Phillip Margolin title, The Jailhouse Lawyer. However, when I saw the other authors who had contributed to this anthology, I decided to read the entire book.
These are short stories about lawyers, written by lawyers, and enjoyed by anyone who picks up the book. If you are looking for quick reads, these short stories are for you. They manage to fill the need for a quick thriller-fix without taking too much time to get through.
I enjoyed each story in thi
Ceanne
Mysteries are my favorite genre of books and for some reason I really like the legal process as well. John Grisham remains one of my absolutely favorite and since he's an author in this book I was drawn to it. I was disappointed that John's story was the shortest one in this book but the rest of the authors are worth the read nevertheless.
Don A.
Great collection of stories-I really liked that John Grisham's story was such a departure for him. I bought it at Wordsworth Books in Little Rock soon after it came out and Grif Stockley autographed my copy. His story, "The Divorce" remains my favorite, followed closely by "What We're Here For."
Shamona Hagan
Shamona Hagan marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Mahreen Khan
Mahreen Khan marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Taoufiq Hebboul
Taoufiq Hebboul marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Nicole Donze
Nicole Donze marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Tim McMahan
Tim McMahan marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Federico
Federico marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Lee Lipps
Lee Lipps marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Sherri
Sherri marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Prasad
Prasad marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Teri
Teri marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Kaethe
Kaethe added it
Oct 17, 2014
Amber Vaughn
Amber Vaughn marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Rebecca Esmail
Rebecca Esmail marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The No-Nonsense Guide to Globalization
  • The Power of Impossible Thinking: Transform the Business of Your Life and the Life of Your Business [With CDROM]
  • Flight of the Buffalo: Soaring to Excellence, Learning to Let Employees Lead
  • My Life, Volume II: The Presidential Years
  • The Path To Power
  • The New Strategic Selling: The Unique Sales System Proven Successful by the World's Best Companies
  • Rules For Revolutionaries: The Capitalist Manifesto for Creating and Marketing New Products and Services
  • Jian (China Maroc, #1)
  • Hardball: How Politics Is Played Told By One Who Knows The Game
  • No Limits: The Will to Succeed
  • A Time to Kill / The King of Torts
  • Debugging the Development Process: Practical Strategies for Staying Focused, Hitting Ship Dates, and Building Solid Teams
  • The Dog Who Saved Christmas and Other True Animal Tales
  • When Did Wild Poodles Roam the Earth? An Imponderables Book
  • Stealing Home: The Story Of Jackie Robinson
  • Storming Heaven
  • A Woman's Eye
  • The Enemy Within
William loves his job and it shows in his writing. Library Journal has called him the "master of the courtroom drama;" his books have sold more than ten million copies worldwide. The Vancouver Sun dubbed him "the American equivalent of P.G. Wodehouse and John Mortimer." His novel Dark Eye was a psychological thriller that, in the words of bestselling author Lisa Scottoline, "will chill you while i ...more
More about William Bernhardt...
Primary Justice (Ben Kencaid, #1) Perfect Justice (Ben Kencaid, #4) Blind Justice: A Novel of Suspense (Ben Kencaid, #2) Cruel Justice (Ben Kincaid, #5) Naked Justice (Ben Kincaid, #6)