Start by marking “Bouldering: Movement, Tactics, and Problem Solving (Moes) (Mountaineers Outdoor Expert)” as Want to Read:

2307290000000 Features: Includes technical photographs, charts, and illustrations Contributing photography and advice from Dave Graham, Daniel Woods, Jamie Emerson and others Appendix highlights top bouldering destinations all over the world Specifications: Pages: 224 ISBN-13: 978-1594855009 Publisher: Mountaineers Books Cover: Paperback
Published October 1st 2011 by Mountaineers Books

To ask other readers questions about Bouldering, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bouldering

Ash Moran
Feb 13, 2013 Ash Moran rated it really liked it
I bought this to give me a bit more of an overview on bouldering after taking a beginner's course.

I've learnt a lot from this, although I felt a bit plunged in the deep end. The author seems to assume readers will be experienced in some other form of climbing. If you're not, I highly recommend looking in the glossary as soon as you find an unfamiliar word. Content wise, it's covered everything I could have asked for: equipment, movement, training techniques, safety etc.

Another reviewer commented
Mark Douglas
Jun 28, 2012 Mark Douglas rated it it was amazing
Shelves: climbing
I saw a good review for this book in Rock & Ice magazine and bought it at REI. I've been learning to climb in a gym and wanted to start outdoors with bouldering. Bouldering doesn't require all the gear that trad climbing does and you don't have to drive as far usually to find places to do it compared to trad. Anyway, this is a great book for newbees (and probably for experienced boulders too). The writing is clear and it gives you the techniques (hand, foot, body positions) you need to solve ...more
Alexis
Aug 19, 2012 Alexis rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports
I borrowed this book from a friend who suggested that I read this as my first climbing book because it gives a good overview of the sport. It provides you with a brief history of the sport and the grading system, then moves on to generally discuss different types of moves and the names for those. I wouldn't recommend it for a seasoned climber, but it fit my purposes.
Rich Draves
Jun 06, 2012 Rich Draves rated it it was ok
I didn't really learn anything. It gives an overview of the sport but it doesn't get into details of movement, training, etc. Maybe it's impossible to teach movement with a book.
Tristan
Tristan rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Angelo Cheong
Angelo Cheong rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2014
Michael R Torres
Michael R Torres rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2016
Travis
Travis rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2013
David
David rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2012
mike surtees
mike surtees rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Valia
Valia rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2013
JAMES KIRK
JAMES KIRK rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2015
Ryan Forbes
Ryan Forbes rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2012
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2016
Justin Li
Justin Li rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2012
Kyle
Kyle rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2014
John
John rated it it was ok
Jul 20, 2016
shan
shan rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2013
Christoph
Christoph marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2012
Nadj
Nadj marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2012
Jasmeet
Jasmeet is currently reading it
Apr 14, 2013
Jamie Brook
Jamie Brook marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2013
Kyle Nugent
Kyle Nugent marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2013
Natania
Natania marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2013
Gabriel Peizner
Gabriel Peizner marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2013
Ron Smith
Ron Smith marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2013
Pris
Pris marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Daniel
Daniel is currently reading it
Apr 29, 2015
Logan
Logan marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Antoaneta Dimova
Antoaneta Dimova marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Joshua Giberson
Joshua Giberson marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Tamlin Matthews
Tamlin Matthews marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Eric George
Eric George is currently reading it
Sep 26, 2016