Start by marking “Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner (Texas Hill Country #3)” as Want to Read:
Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner (Texas Hill Country #3)

Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner (Texas Hill Country #3)

Big Lizard Bottoms--where getting hitched is a local industry--is not any place Lindsey Attwood, a play-it-safe paleontologist who's sworn off romance, ever expected to find herself. She's here posing as a horse psychology student to help recover dinosaur tracks stolen from a local guest ranch. After only a day at the ranch, things start spiraling out of control. Her horse ...more
Published November 1st 2005 by New American Library

To ask other readers questions about Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner

Amanda
Apr 01, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
This one was definitely the best of the trilogy. I had never even heard of Wingate until I stumbled across someone selling a number of books, including the second one in the trilogy, Lone Star Cafe. I got that and checked the others out from the library to read the complete series. I have to say, that dollar spent was well-worth discovering these stories! I especially related to the character Lindsey, a single mother who has been burned in the past, and is afraid to love again. As Lindsey gained ...more
Danni
Jun 20, 2017 Danni rated it it was amazing
Last book in the series. Loved all of them.
Erin
Jul 21, 2015 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemporary romance fans
For more than eight years, Lindsay Attwood has played it safe. After her ex-husband ditched her upon learning of the impending arrival of their daughter, Lindsay stopped traveling the world and instead took a job in the basement of a museum in Denver, converting her talents for archaeological discovery into those of restoration and cataloging. She wrapped her life around her daughter, Sydney, keeping new people at bay after learning the hard way that men can't be trusted. However, that approach ...more
Daria
Jan 31, 2016 Daria rated it it was amazing
This is another of my favorites books by this author. A quick, fun and witty read.

I absolutely love Lisa Wingate’s novels! I started with Tending Roses and have read and enjoyed each and every one of her books.

I enjoy Lisa’s writing style, character development, unique story lines and the fact that there is always personal growth, reconciliation and redemption in her novels. Lisa always finds an interesting premise, location or historical reference that leads me to do further research on the t
Barbara Lemere
Apr 01, 2015 Barbara Lemere rated it really liked it
I just received this book and I am about seven chapters in and I love it! It jumps right in to the story, the pace is good, the characters are interesting, true to life, and fun.

The main character is a paleontologist who's ex husband after 8 years of ignoring their child's existence (except for the occasional child support check), has suddenly decided he wants her to spend the summer with him in Mexico. So our heroine is off to Texas to investigate some missing dinosaur tracks on a ranch in Te
Kelly
Aug 03, 2009 Kelly rated it really liked it
Until I get around to reviewing each individually......

General review of Lisa Wingate:

Although I have liked some more than others, I have never read a Wingate book I didn't like. Her books are easy reads, but do have substance to them. Often romance is involved, but no ridiculous or smutty story lines. Her writing is funny and light.

Each series has books that are interconnected, but minimally. For me, it is nice to not read about the same characters over and over.

Finally, I adore most of her b
Susan
Feb 15, 2012 Susan rated it liked it
Enjoying this very much so far as a good audio book. Fun, humorous, good characters. Not to complicated which makes it good listening in the car.

My enthusiasm was a bit dampened as the story continued. It is still interesting but I'm getting a little annoyed at the romance schmaltz. And the main character's (Lindsey) continue mental self abuse and 'sure that whatever happens next, it will be bad' attitude.

Still, I'll finish and may try another book in the series because I do like the plot and t
Caroline
Sep 12, 2016 Caroline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, 2016
I enjoyed this more than the other two in the series. Though it had a emotionally struggling main character in a small town in Texas, handsome cowboy and other quirky characters similar to the first two books, this book doesn't follow the same template as the others.

Things I liked
1) Mr.Grits, the sheepdog
2) The multiple Lindseys in Lindsey's mind
3) Horse psychology

Johanna Parker once again does an excellent narration. Here, she shows off her 8 year old voice for Sidney.
Jeanne Adamek
Jul 27, 2015 Jeanne Adamek rated it really liked it
When I read I like to "see" the place in the story. It is sort of a mini vacation. Lisa Wingates lush descriptions are fantastic. I truly felt that I was in Big Lizard Bottoms! I could imagine the Lover's Oak...

The story was humorously written, and although Lindsey sometime irratated me, I found that I could appreciate her too!
Amy
Sep 27, 2010 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: bookcrossing
Nice little book -- Lisa Wingate seems to have taken on that approach to this kind of literature where she focuses on one character of a group or family per book. This is now the third book that focuses on a woman and her best friends, who happen to be (fraternal twin) sisters. They each find happiness in a little town in Texas. Other characters appear in side roles in the books. Tra la.
amypete
Feb 06, 2008 amypete rated it liked it
I've heard the Tending Roses group of books by this same author are really good, but my library system doesn't have them yet. I like Wingate's characters and writing. This book goes together with Lone Star Cafe, if I remember right. There is a bit of mystery, a bit of romance, and a lot of charm in these easy reads.
Debra
May 22, 2013 Debra rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-romance
At loose ends with her daughter Sydney away for the summer, straight-laces Lindsey travel to Texas to visit family and friends. What she never expects is to be dropped right in the middle of a stolen dinosaur tracks mystery. She also never expects to fall head-over-heels in love with the handsome Zach Truitt.
Susan
Jan 11, 2015 Susan rated it it was amazing
I always get so much from Lisa Wingate's novels. I have basically been hiding since my best friend & husband died 3 years ago. Just trying to live day by day. Maybe it's time to see what's out there. Maybe I have a last chance waiting?
Miki
Sep 15, 2010 Miki rated it it was ok
You know how you like the taste of whipped cream, but once you swallow it, you can't remember exactly how it tastes? This book is like that. I liked it while I was reading and could hardly wait to finish it, but when it was done, I realized I couldn't remember anything about it.
Christine Cheripka
Jun 19, 2015 Christine Cheripka rated it really liked it
I just finished reading Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner. This was a mixture of romance and mystery that was fun reading. Lisa Wingate is a flawless writer who takes you to the scene of the story with total believability. Worth the read.
Jessica J
Mar 17, 2008 Jessica J rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
The main character seemed so real, even if the story was a little too perfect. I liked the fact that the character had a few real problems and a sense of humor about the trouble she found herself in.
Kim H.
Jan 05, 2013 Kim H. rated it liked it
It was a quick read with likeable characters. The plot was predictable. I was disappointed not to find out if the T-rex was found. I did enjoy the ending newspaper story of the dog and all his "missions." That was fun!
Debbie
Aug 17, 2015 Debbie rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult
2.5 stars. This book served well as a light-weight, fun distraction. I skipped over some of the protagonist's longer self-doubt tirades, but otherwise it was a pretty decent book. The narrator does a great job for the audio book.
Chi Dubinski
May 17, 2012 Chi Dubinski rated it liked it
Lindsey Atwood, a paleontologist, is on her own while her eight year old daughter spends the summer with her father. Lindsey travels to Texas to investigate missing dinosaur tracks and falls for shy rancher Zack Truitt.
Diana S
Oct 16, 2013 Diana S rated it liked it
What a fun read! It has all the elements of a cozy mystery and lite romance. You got the Texas Hill Country, stolen dinosaur tracks and a romance with a handsome man, which makes for a quick, an entertaining read! I give it 3.5 stars ⭐⭐⭐! ...more
Sally
Nov 07, 2014 Sally rated it really liked it
At first I wasn't sure. But as I got into the book, I was loving it. Really funny spots and clever writing made this book one I had trouble putting down. It is a good book to read to take your mind off other stuff. I liked it!
Andrea
Apr 20, 2010 Andrea rated it really liked it
This was an engaging, light hearted story about Lindsey - single mother and fossil expert, who takes a leave from her job to work on a case of fossil theft in the Texas hill country. She meets the love of her life and takes a risk to keep him.
Kayrene Smither
Dec 19, 2014 Kayrene Smither rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
A very cute story; lots of humor in this with the "found" dog Mr. Grits. Interesting stories: stolen dinosaur tracks, taking horse psychology classes. As well as a little romance, family dynamics, etc. A Good Read!
Joanne
Feb 26, 2009 Joanne rated it really liked it
This book was a gift from my friend Paula. It was a very fun and fast read, typical Lisa Wingate!! Nothing profound, just a good story. A solid Texas romance novel.
Academicsupport
What do horse psychology and dinosaur tracks have in common? They both make this Lia Wingate novel a uniquely enjoyable experience.
Lisa
Nov 01, 2008 Lisa rated it really liked it
A funny romance.
AMY
Jan 26, 2016 AMY rated it liked it
My favorite so far
Nancy
Jun 23, 2013 Nancy rated it liked it
This book was predictable. Easy read, a bit too much fluff and revisiting each conversation and thoughts a few too many times. Like the easy going lifestyle of the cowboy country.
Deb
Feb 11, 2012 Deb rated it really liked it
Like the three books in this series. they are cute and just make you feel good. Good stories with interesting characters.
Kim S
May 09, 2008 Kim S rated it liked it
Fun, quick and easy. I read this in an afternoon. Rated G
  • Jane and Austen
  • The Amish Midwife (Lancaster Courtships, #3)
  • The Trouble with Tuck
  • Covered Bridge Charm
  • It Had to Be You
  • A Mother's Promise (Women of Pinecraft #3)
  • At Bluebonnet Lake (Texas Crossroads, #1)
  • The Path to Piney Meadows
  • Katie Opens Her Heart (Emma Raber's Daughter, #1)
  • Rising Darkness (Finding Sanctuary #3)
  • Redeeming Grace (Hannah's Daughters, #5)
  • The Bachelor (Plain City Peace #2)
  • Never Far from Home (Miller Family, #2)
  • A Rancher for Their Mom
  • A Plain & Simple Heart (The Amish of Apple Grove, #2)
  • The Amish Firefighter
  • Lost in Plain Sight (The Brotherhood of the Raven #1.5)
  • Rough Around the Edges Meets Refined (Meet Your Match, #2)
Lisa Wingate is a former journalist, an inspirational speaker, and the bestselling author of more than twenty novels. Her work has won or been nominated for many awards, including the Pat Conroy Southern Book Prize, the Oklahoma Book Award, the Utah Library Award, the Carol Award, the Christy Award, and the RT Reviewers’ Choice Award. Her work was honored by the Americans for More Civility for pro ...more
More about Lisa Wingate...

Texas Hill Country (3 books)
  • Texas Cooking (Texas Hill Country #1)
  • Lone Star Cafe (Texas Hill Country #2)

“But sometimes it's the things that require a leap of faith that we need to believe in most of all.” 7 likes
“...setting out together in a marriage is a lot like setting out on the river. Some parts will be rough; some will be smooth. You can't see from the start where it's gonna travel and where it's gonna end up. Sometimes it'll turn a sharp corner; sometimes it'll drift along awhile. Thing is, no matter what the river does, both parties gotta paddle equally, see?” 5 likes