Start by marking “Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner” as Want to Read:
Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner

Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner (Texas Hill Country #3)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  433 ratings  ·  58 reviews
Big Lizard Bottoms--where getting hitched is a local industry--is not any place Lindsey Attwood, a play-it-safe paleontologist who's sworn off romance, ever expected to find herself. She's here posing as a horse psychology student to help recover dinosaur tracks stolen from a local guest ranch. After only a day at the ranch, things start spiraling out of control. Her horse ...more
Published November 1st 2005 by NAL Trade

To ask other readers questions about Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner

Amanda
This one was definitely the best of the trilogy. I had never even heard of Wingate until I stumbled across someone selling a number of books, including the second one in the trilogy, Lone Star Cafe. I got that and checked the others out from the library to read the complete series. I have to say, that dollar spent was well-worth discovering these stories! I especially related to the character Lindsey, a single mother who has been burned in the past, and is afraid to love again. As Lindsey gained ...more
Barbara Lemere
I just received this book and I am about seven chapters in and I love it! It jumps right in to the story, the pace is good, the characters are interesting, true to life, and fun.

The main character is a paleontologist who's ex husband after 8 years of ignoring their child's existence (except for the occasional child support check), has suddenly decided he wants her to spend the summer with him in Mexico. So our heroine is off to Texas to investigate some missing dinosaur tracks on a ranch in Te
Kelly
Until I get around to reviewing each individually......

General review of Lisa Wingate:

Although I have liked some more than others, I have never read a Wingate book I didn't like. Her books are easy reads, but do have substance to them. Often romance is involved, but no ridiculous or smutty story lines. Her writing is funny and light.

Each series has books that are interconnected, but minimally. For me, it is nice to not read about the same characters over and over.

Finally, I adore most of her b
Donald L
A bit corny. We listened to this as an audio book as we drove to and from Great Bend, Labor Day weekend, 2011.
Linda Pettingill
If you like Christian books you will like this book.
Susan
Enjoying this very much so far as a good audio book. Fun, humorous, good characters. Not to complicated which makes it good listening in the car.

My enthusiasm was a bit dampened as the story continued. It is still interesting but I'm getting a little annoyed at the romance schmaltz. And the main character's (Lindsey) continue mental self abuse and 'sure that whatever happens next, it will be bad' attitude.

Still, I'll finish and may try another book in the series because I do like the plot and t
Merrikay Shade
Light read that was fun, but predictable.
Susan
I always get so much from Lisa Wingate's novels. I have basically been hiding since my best friend & husband died 3 years ago. Just trying to live day by day. Maybe it's time to see what's out there. Maybe I have a last chance waiting?
Megowen
Simple romance/mystery without salaciousness. How cool!
bookczuk
Nice little book -- Lisa Wingate seems to have taken on that approach to this kind of literature where she focuses on one character of a group or family per book. This is now the third book that focuses on a woman and her best friends, who happen to be (fraternal twin) sisters. They each find happiness in a little town in Texas. Other characters appear in side roles in the books. Tra la.
amypete
I've heard the Tending Roses group of books by this same author are really good, but my library system doesn't have them yet. I like Wingate's characters and writing. This book goes together with Lone Star Cafe, if I remember right. There is a bit of mystery, a bit of romance, and a lot of charm in these easy reads.
Debra
At loose ends with her daughter Sydney away for the summer, straight-laces Lindsey travel to Texas to visit family and friends. What she never expects is to be dropped right in the middle of a stolen dinosaur tracks mystery. She also never expects to fall head-over-heels in love with the handsome Zach Truitt.
Miki
You know how you like the taste of whipped cream, but once you swallow it, you can't remember exactly how it tastes? This book is like that. I liked it while I was reading and could hardly wait to finish it, but when it was done, I realized I couldn't remember anything about it.
Diana S
What a fun read! It has all the elements of a cozy mystery and lite romance. You got the Texas Hill Country, stolen dinosaur tracks and a romance with a handsome man, which makes for a quick, an entertaining read! I give it 3.5 stars ! ...more
Andrea
This was an engaging, light hearted story about Lindsey - single mother and fossil expert, who takes a leave from her job to work on a case of fossil theft in the Texas hill country. She meets the love of her life and takes a risk to keep him.
Sally
At first I wasn't sure. But as I got into the book, I was loving it. Really funny spots and clever writing made this book one I had trouble putting down. It is a good book to read to take your mind off other stuff. I liked it!
Jamie
This book was recommended to me by one of my best friends. It's what I term a "fluff" book. This is not a degrading term. It just means light reading, requiring not a great deal of deep thinking. Just plain entertaining.
Kayrene Smither
A very cute story; lots of humor in this with the "found" dog Mr. Grits. Interesting stories: stolen dinosaur tracks, taking horse psychology classes. As well as a little romance, family dynamics, etc. A Good Read!
Kim H.
It was a quick read with likeable characters. The plot was predictable. I was disappointed not to find out if the T-rex was found. I did enjoy the ending newspaper story of the dog and all his "missions." That was fun!
Chi Dubinski
Lindsey Atwood, a paleontologist, is on her own while her eight year old daughter spends the summer with her father. Lindsey travels to Texas to investigate missing dinosaur tracks and falls for shy rancher Zack Truitt.
Jessica J
The main character seemed so real, even if the story was a little too perfect. I liked the fact that the character had a few real problems and a sense of humor about the trouble she found herself in.
Kristiena
This is just a cute little romance book. I was just in the mood for an easy read and a nice little story. This book caught my attention because of the title, and it ended up working just fine.
Nancy
This book was predictable. Easy read, a bit too much fluff and revisiting each conversation and thoughts a few too many times. Like the easy going lifestyle of the cowboy country.
Susan
This is just light reading, but it is really fun...and should be given somewhere between three and four stars. I enjoy Lisa Wingate, and some of her books run deeper than this one.
Susannah Carleton
I liked this book a lot, and enjoyed reading it, but the second book in the series is my favorite. All Ms. Wingate's books are excellent and thought-provoking (in a good way).
Joanne
This book was a gift from my friend Paula. It was a very fun and fast read, typical Lisa Wingate!! Nothing profound, just a good story. A solid Texas romance novel.
Lynne
I read Lisa Wingate's "Tending Roses" and loved it so wanted to read something else by her.
The was a nice but predictable love story. It was a quick nice read.
Cindy
I've read this book before but liked it well enough to revisit the story! Living in Killeen, I enjoyed reading the place names of my hometown and surrounding areas.
Alissa
This was a very fun read. I found myself laughing out loud during some parts. I love that! I will definitely be reading other Lisa Wingate books.
Kristin
I loved this. She is one of my favorites now. She is a clean author. This was one of my favorites that she has written.
  • The Trouble with Tuck
  • Try Darkness
  • Light a Single Candle
  • Little Boy Blue: A Puppy's Rescue from Death Row and His Owner's Journey for Truth
  • Danger in the Shadows / The Negotiator / True Devotion (O'Malley #0.5-1)  (Uncommon Heroes #1)
  • Here Comes The Ride: An Andi Mc Connell Mystery
  • Celestine Insights - Limited Edition of Celestine Prophecy and Tenth Insight
  • The Mavericks (The Cowboys, #10)
  • Letters Across Time
  • Heartbreak Town (Lucy Hatch, #3)
  • Wanted: One Perfect Man (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
  • Inside the Animal Mind: A Groundbreaking Exploration of Animal Intelligence
  • Twist of Fate (A Holiday Romance Novella)
  • The Christmas Quilt / The New Year's Quilt (Elm Creek Quilts, #8 & 11)
  • Rahab's Story (Women of the Bible)
  • The Boy Named Lucifer
  • In Your Place
  • Season of Wonder
Lisa Wingate is a popular inspirational speaker, magazine columnist, and national bestselling author of several books, including Tending Roses, Good Hope Road, The Language of Sycamores, and Drenched in Light. Her work was recently honored by the Americans for More Civility for promoting greater kindness and civility in American life. Lisa and her family live in Central Texas.
More about Lisa Wingate...

Texas Hill Country (3 books)
  • Texas Cooking
  • Lone Star Cafe
The Prayer Box Tending Roses (Tending Roses #1) Talk of the Town (Daily Texas, #1) Good Hope Road  (Tending Roses #2) The Summer Kitchen  (Blue Sky Hill #2)

“But sometimes it's the things that require a leap of faith that we need to believe in most of all.” 7 likes
“I learned that life can change in an instant. It can flip over like a box of Styrofoam peanuts, and you're left scrambling to gather enough insulation to survive, before it all blows away. After that, you sink down into what's left, like a fragile glass vase with a crack in it, trying to avoid further damage.

One bold year is worth a dozen timid ones....”
4 likes