Start by marking “I Believe in You” as Want to Read:
I Believe in You

I Believe in You

The follow-up to the hugely successful If I Could Keep You Little (100,000 in print), I Believe in You showcases the spirit of a parent who is on a child's team no matter what. From a beloved bestselling author who has touched the lives of millions, Marianne's evocative text and beautiful illustrations will speak straight to a parent's heart, exploring that feeling of unwa

Published August 1st 2011 by Sourcebooks Jabberwocky (first published August 2008)

To ask other readers questions about I Believe in You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Believe in You

Christie
Jun 22, 2012 Christie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
Bawled like a baby in the target book aisle. I bought it immediately for Hailey's birthday. I know this sounds silly but it has changed my parenting the past couple weeks. I realized that I DO believe in my kids and need to act like it. The book was cheaper than a therapy session, buy it!
Maria
Oct 04, 2011 Maria rated it it was amazing
In My Honest Opinion:
This is my third book by Marianne Richmond, my first being If I Could Keep You Little (my review here) and the second being The Night Night Book (review here)

We are big fans of Ms. Richmond and read her books often. The kids book shelves are over stocked but they often pull these at night.

In I Believe In You a child is told that no matter what, you will have the power to:
Find new friends if a friend is unkind.
Believe in true beauty and never question your looks
Believe in yo
Rebekka
Jul 18, 2011 Rebekka rated it liked it
I Believe in You is an inspiring affirmation of affection and confidence for parents to share with their children. Life for young people, especially, can sometimes be overwhelming and confusing. Knowing your parent believes in you, and trusts you to do the right thing can mean so much, and can help you plant one foot firmly in front of the other when times get tough. The text in I Believe in You conveys these sentiments simply, and sincerely. The watercolor illustrations are whimsical and bright ...more
MaryAnn
Jul 20, 2011 MaryAnn rated it it was amazing
"I Believe in You" is a wonderful children's book with adorable illustrations from the author. It is a positive book that all children should have. The book has statements on each page that are easy for young children to understand, but states a powerful message. All statement rhyme nicely. It shows that children can have some problems and life may not always be easy but with the right attitude they can do the right thing and make their parents proud. Every page shows by pictures and words how t ...more
Rochelle
Jul 25, 2011 Rochelle rated it really liked it
Great book for all ages. I thought my 7 and 9 year old would feel it was to young for them but we loved it. I could read it over and over to them. Especially in times when they are feeling down or working through different situations in life. I wish I had this book sooner.

I received this book free through Goodreads First reads giveaways.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
happy or blue,
I’m here to say,
without a doubt,
that I believe in you!”

A poem of a parent to one’s child, reminding the child that the parent will never forsake the child, that the parent will always support the child, that the parent will always love the child.

Finn Pennekamp
Mar 27, 2012 Finn Pennekamp rated it liked it
Yeah, this book is nice. It has a good message, and it's very positive in tone. I mean, I don't expect to have friends who don't want to hang out with me, or a baseball team that won't let me play, but it's good to know that if I do, this book will be there for me.
Carol Harlow
Sep 29, 2011 Carol Harlow rated it it was amazing
This book is beautifully illustrated and written. Each page has a nice rhyming message that will boost a child's self esteem and make them more confident.
Amber
Aug 26, 2012 Amber rated it it was amazing
A wonderful read that I highly recommend for parents. The positive message is an important one that all parents hope to convey to their children.
Diana
Jan 13, 2015 Diana rated it really liked it
Shelves: toddler-books
Really sweet. I would buy this for my son when he's a little older (not quite 2).
Chris
Jul 29, 2013 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: lulu, picture, 0
LULU - "It was so so Awesome"
Designing.melissagmail.com
A wonderful book about how parents believe in their children
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
Beautiful story that shows the love and support of a parent. All parents should read this with their kids.P.K.
Adelina
Oct 05, 2011 Adelina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Wonderful inspirational book. I loved reading this my to my girls, and have had them tell me throughout the day "I believe in my stand up truth".
Kate Hastings
Nov 02, 2011 Kate Hastings rated it really liked it
Grades Pre-K to 3. Self-esteem. A great book for parents, teachers and school counselors about kids making choices when things get touch and how we always have their backs.
George
George rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2016
Anna Zbacnik
Anna Zbacnik rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2011
Danielle Mootz
Danielle Mootz rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2017
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2012
Ms.Weinfurter
Ms.Weinfurter rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2016
paeonia
paeonia rated it did not like it
Jan 27, 2012
MaryAnn
MaryAnn rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2013
Danielle Kotlajich
Danielle Kotlajich rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2017
Ava D
Ava D rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2013
Tina M
Tina M rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2015
Diana
Diana rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2013
Nichole Ponzer
Nichole Ponzer rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2012
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2012
Nanette Kastner
Nanette Kastner rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2013
Joan Nelson
Joan Nelson rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Perfect Hug
  • Where's the Dragon?
  • Ladybug Girl and the Big Snow
  • My Name Is Not Isabella
  • I Love You As Big As the World
  • Don't Laugh at Me (Reading Rainbow books)
  • If Kisses Were Colors
  • The Cloud Spinner
  • Dream Big, Little Pig!
  • Squish Rabbit
  • Moby Dick: A BabyLit Ocean Primer
Author and illustrator Marianne Richmond has touched the lives of millions through her delightful gift books, greeting cards and gift products distributed worldwide. Her enchanting artistic style and sincere sentiment, which adorn a growing number of products truly offer fans the most heartfelt way to celebrate the feelings of life.
More about Marianne Richmond...