Start by marking “Circular Knitting Workshop: Essential Techniques to Master Knitting in the Round” as Want to Read:

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  211 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Circular knitting has many benefits, including making it easier to follow charts (with the right-side of the work always facing you) and eliminating the need for seams. And it's fun! In Circular Knitting Workshop, master teacher Margaret Radcliffe covers everything you need to know to master the art of circular knitting, presenting Fair Isle, twined, helix, tubular, and ot ...more
Published March 13th 2012 by Storey Publishing, LLC (first published February 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Circular Knitting Workshop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Circular Knitting Workshop

Julie Barrett
Circular Knitting Workshop Essential Techniques to Master Knitting in the Round
by Margaret Radcliffe
First starts out with what looks like colorful doll sweaters and vests as if I needed any enticing to continue on.
Like the comparisons it shows from circular to straight knitting, the ribbings.
Hands on diagrams make it easy to see so you can do what they are talking about in each chapter.
Multiple means of casting on and working with magic loop method is described along with binding off methods.
A c
Angela
When I first saw this book on the shelf, I made a face. I've been knitting circularly for years. What could this book teach me? Techniques used in a way I hadn't thought about. There are plenty of ideas here for playing with (helix knitting) and a few I didn't know about (chimney stitches to help with kitchener). This is gonna fit great on my knitting bookshelf.
Julia Hendon
Very clearly written and well-illustrated. The projects are interesting but I think its main value is as a reference and go-to book. Covers everything from icord to knitting on two needles.
Anne Hawn Smith
This is one of those books that belongs on every knitter's shelf. As several others said, I passed this one by because I had been using circular needles for years. Then I got the ebook from my library and checked it out. There are all sorts of things that I didn't know. I have never used Helix knitting and thought it was very interesting.

Most important to me were the chapters that dealt with changing a flat knit pattern to a circular. It's pretty easy if your flat knitting has the same gauge an
Some books you by and some you check out form the library this is a MUST buy . The amount of tips in here could last you 10 years to perfect. Ms. Radcliffe is also an amazing writer on knitting writing with passion and great descriptions so you do not have to rely on the photos.
Bettyann
Everyone in to fiber arts knows how important visuals and well written instructions are, and this book nails it. The Kindle edition was nicely edited and had plenty of illustrations and flow. In still not ready to attempt my circular projects yet but now I'm far less nervous.
Paula
Great book. I knit in round (circular knitting) almost exclusively and this book is an excellent reference book for this type of knitting. I recommend it to any knitter of any level of expertise.
Shaineinok
Library read. Nothing to new to me but it does look to be a great intro to circular knitting!
Found the afterthought heel explanation to be very good. I may give it a try now.
Renata Weissinger
Its a very useful addition to my knitting library. I much prefer knitting in the round and this book has helped me a lot.
Liz DeCoster
More of a 3.5, really - I didn't love all the patterns, but the techniques and suggestions were solid.
Tina Ambury
fantastic. wish I had seen this before converting the Forbrydelsen for Alexandra
Julie
This was an okay book. I was expecting it to be a little more educational. I did learn a few things. All of the patterns given to practice the techniques were great.
Cheriee
I might have to buy this book since the library wants it back:(
Connie Chappell
Ok, but I think most knitters would be better served just working on projects that incorporate circular techniques as needed, rather than trying to work through an entire book of technique-workshop type projects. Nothing in here that isn't in a good stitching reference, but it's useful if you haven't done a lot of knitting in the round and want to understand the geometry a little better in a theoretical way.
Kim H.
This book was a very enjoyable read. It lead me to convert a flat pattern for an embossed leaf & vine into a circular pattern I could do on a pair of socks I was knitting. I checked this one out from the library, but may consider a purchase as it's a good reference book for my knitting shelf. I HATE seaming and finishing work, so knitting in the round is the ideal technique for me!
Michelle
Great book for learning and practicing techniques. There are only a few projects I would really want to make for the finished product, but that's not the focus of the book. I love the emphasis on design and converting flat patterns to circular. Definitely worth adding to my library.
Dee
This is such a nice book. I don't own many knitting books but this is one that I am glad I do own. I will use it often for reference. Great photos with clear instructions. A must have for knitting in the round. Nice projects included.
Emilie
On my to-read list.
Anne
I'd like to have this more for the techniques than the patterns. I prefer circular knitting over straight needles but can always learn more....
Kim
Jul 03, 2013 Kim rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebook
I checked this out from the library in ebook format. Perhaps it's better as a physical book or maybe it would be better for a novice knitter, but I just didn't get much out of this book.
Linda
This book is amazing -- I considered myself above a beginner, having knit for over 50 years. So many new things to try, so much to learn. This is a book to be owned.
Jada Roche
I'm attempting to learn DPN knitting again....this is helping. nice layout, clear directions. I want to get a copy to own.
Leslie
What an excellent resource. I have the feeling I will continue to come back to this book as I incorporate new techniques.
Mary
Good book showing tips on how to make many things in the round in different ways.
Jules
So glad I purchased this book. It's filled with loads of useful information.
Rebecca Blankenship
Great resource for techniques and tips
Maureen
Great book on circular knitting
Peggy
good reference book -
Jean
Jul 04, 2013 Jean added it
Lots of good info. May buy
  • Cast On, Bind Off: 54 Step-by-Step Methods
  • Knit to Flatter: The Only Instructions You'll Ever Need to Knit Sweaters That Make You Look Good and Feel Great!
  • The Principles of Knitting: Methods and Techniques of Hand Knitting
  • Finishing School: A Master Class for Knitters
  • The Knitter's Book of Socks: The Yarn Lover's Ultimate Guide to Creating Socks That Fit Well, Feel Great, and Last a Lifetime
  • Knitter's Handy Book of Top-Down Sweaters: Basic Designs in Multiple Sizes and Gauges
  • Brave New Knits: 26 Projects and Personalities from the Knitting Blogosphere
  • The Knitter's Life List: To Do, To Know, To Explore, To Make
  • Socks from the Toe Up: Essential Techniques and Patterns from Wendy Knits
  • Weekend Hats: 25 Knitted Caps, Berets, Cloches, and More
  • 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders
  • Mastering Color Knitting: Simple Instructions for Stranded, Intarsia, and Double Knitting
  • Modern Top-Down Knitting: Sweaters, Dresses, Skirts & Accessories Inspired by the Techniques of Barbara G. Walker
  • Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting: Go Beyond the Basics
  • More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts
  • Adventures in Yarn Farming: Four Seasons on a New England Fiber Farm
  • 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More
  • A Treasury of Knitting Patterns
The Knitting Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem You'll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You'll Ever Ask The Essential Guide to Color Knitting Techniques The Knowledgeable Knitter: From Planning Your Project to Fitting and Finishing, All You Need to Know to Unlock Your Knitting Potential The Knitting Answer Book, 2nd Edition: Solutions to Every Problem You’ll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You’ll Ever Ask The Knitting Answer Book