Start by marking “Twelve Labors of Hercules (Step into Reading, Step 3, paper)” as Want to Read:
Twelve Labors of Hercules (Step into Reading, Step 3, paper)

Twelve Labors of Hercules (Step into Reading, Step 3, paper)

Although he is the strongest man in the world, Hercules must also use his wits to complete the tasks that the jealous king has in store for him.  From giant ogres to fearsome Amazons, Hercules tackles his foes gamely. With the rollicking humor of a tall tale, this retelling is an exciting first step into Greek mythology.
Published September 30th 1997 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published September 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Twelve Labors of Hercules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twelve Labors of Hercules

Paul Warner
Feb 29, 2016 Paul Warner rated it liked it
A good summary of the 12 labors of Hercules for young readers. However... although I understand that you can't tell elementary kids exactly WHY he had to do the labors (too violent & wrong), at least say something like "Hercules accidentally hurt someone and had to make up for it"--even that would be better than saying nothing for a reason. All this book says is he became a hero but "did not know what to do next" until the Oracle told him to do the 12 labors for the king. So, just because he ...more
Eva
Jan 19, 2010 Eva rated it it was amazing
I learned that Hercules had many adventures in fighting the Hydra and the mean lion and brought the stag with the golden horns to the King. He did not fail a single task, although the king tried to get the hardest tasks in the world. Hercules was very strong. The king didn't want Hercules to be as strong as he is, so he gave them hard tasks.
Shannon
It's a little easy reader on Hercules. Ha! The only negative about this one is it is out of print and hard to get. I finally found a nice used copy.
Feb 15, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer by: Daniel Stokes
This is a book my youngest son told me about and I just had to read it. I'm so glad I did. Hercules is a much more fascinating character than I'd ever given him credit for.
Olyvia
Olyvia rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2013
Caroline
Caroline rated it really liked it
May 17, 2013
Kari
Kari rated it liked it
May 08, 2010
Peter Berg
Peter Berg rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2013
Declan
Declan rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2011
Cydney
Cydney rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2014
Mr. Sheppard's
Mr. Sheppard's rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2013
Stephen T.
Stephen T. rated it liked it
May 05, 2013
Gage
Gage rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2011
Pianodino
Pianodino rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2011
Aug 10, 2008
Nancy
"love" the goofy (not intentionally) 80s illustrations
Kate Farrell
Kate Farrell rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2014
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2008
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2012
Aiden Gray
Aiden Gray marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Sonja Brand
Sonja Brand marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Casey
Casey marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Me
Me added it
Jun 28, 2016
Lisa
Lisa added it
Oct 14, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2016
Best-selling author, Marc Cerasini has spent time on the New York Times and USA Today best-seller's lists. His writing spans from children's picture books and young adult novels to adult mystery and military nonfiction. Along the way, he's managed to ghostwrite for Tom Clancy.
More about Marc Cerasini...