Start by marking “Forbidden Embers (Dragon's Heat #3)” as Want to Read:
Forbidden Embers (Dragon's Heat #3)

Forbidden Embers (Dragon's Heat #3)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  384 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Erotic fantasy so hot it breathes fire.

Desperate to save his clan from deadly biological warfare, Dragonstar sentry Logan Kelly infiltrates the dangerous Wyvermoon clan- by posing as a rogue dragon. But his plan is compromised when he falls for Cecily, the Wyvermoon queen...

Published (first published October 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden Embers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden Embers

Catherine
After the dark, gritty events in the last book, Hidden Embers, I wasn’t quite sure where this book would take us. I was very surprised to find that it was considerably lighter in tone and that the focus had moved away from the Dragonstar clan. I was pleased by the chance to get a more well-rounded view of the world there, but I was shocked by what I found.

I’m not sure if this is the end of the series, but it does wrap up the arc about the deadly virus crippling the Dragonstars. The Wyvernmoons
Sandra
Lauren
Forbidden Embers
3 Stars

The problem with this book and the previous installments is that not enough information is provided regarding the main characters' pasts. Little is known about Logan's early years in Ireland and the details would have added an extra dimension to his characterization but are sorely lacking. More information is provided concerning Cecily's family history but once again it is insufficient.

The revenge plot continues the ongoing story of the Wyvernmoons' attacks on the Dragons
Josephine McNabb
I really enjoyed this installment. It took me a while to get into it as I didn't connect with Logan in the previous books. However, I did really enjoy the chemistry between him and Cecily. He helped boost her confidence while she took his down a few pegs. Logan was protective, caring and considerate towards Cecily (and boy did he want her bad). Cecily found Logan irresistible. I really enjoyed watching Cecily's character grow and develop as she tried to figure out what was wrong with her clan. I ...more
Cindy
The end of the Dragon's Heat series happens with a roar. Princess Cecily Fournier has inherited the Wyvernmoon clan of dragon shifters because of the death of her father and then her brother by the Dragonstars clan. As she tries to discover what's happening inside her clan from her own "conciel" of advisors, Cecily is finding male prejudice running rampant through her clan, that is slowly starving because of the monetary drains her father has put upon all her people. Dragonstar sentry Logan Kerr ...more
Alexis
Completely predictable. The writing of this book is exactly the same premise as the first two books with little divergence from the script. I wasn't surprised by this but one could hope.
I think the writer would do better if she stuck to writing action adventure books without females, the females in all 3 books in the series are essentially the same character in different guise. Every female that had a part in the books was a "I've been hurt by males in my past so I'm going to take it out on you
Bookaholics
Forbidden Embers by Tessa Adams
Paranormal Romance – Oct. 4th, 2011
4 ½ stars

Forbidden Embers is the third in the Dragon’s Heat Novels, and I really hope not the last. This story concludes the search for evil virus that has invaded the Dragonstar clan and is slowing killing the dragon shifters.

Logan Kelly is a member of the Dragonstar clan. He has watched helplessly as his friends have died of a horrifying disease that targets the Dragonstar DNA. But Logan is not genetically Dragonstar. He was ad
Sabine Honig
Some people might think that reviewing books is a great job. It is and it isn’t. On the plus side it is great because you get to read so many books and you get to discover lots of new authors whose books you might otherwise never have picked up. On the down side is discovering a fantastic new author by reading one of their books, that isn’t the first, in a series. That is exactly what has happened here.
It was only after I got Forbidden Embers by Tessa Adams that I found out it was actually book
Meaghan
I fell in love with this world with the first book, Dark Embers and liked the second book Hidden Embers, but I l-o-v-e-d Forbidden Embers. Tessa has made a lifelong fan out of me with this book and there is no way I will ever get enough of the dragons she has created!

When we last left the Dragonstar clan was in the middle of biological warfare with the Wyvermoon clan and out for blood. Wyvermoon has manufactured a violent virus that kills dragons, with a survival rate of zero and no cure in sigh
Ellie
Forbidden Embers, Dragon’s Heat #3, by Tessa Adams
Grade: C+

“You can’t mean that. I’m going to die if you leave me like this.” “Don’t worry about it. I know CPR.”

Cecily Frounier is the last of the royal family of the Wyvernmoons clan after her father and brother die and she is determined to prove everyone wrong and become queen. Cecily discovers that becoming queen without marrying will be much harder, if not almost impossible, with her very own council trying to sabotage her at every turn. As a
Liza Lara

The Dragonstar clan is under attack, endangered by an insidious enemy. Now a top sentry must go undercover, but the task will be more than he bargained for...

Desperate to save his clan from a deadly biological threat and put an end to the war, Dragonstar sentry Logan Kelly infiltrates the Wyvernmoons. Posing as a rogue dragon without a clan, he quickly realizes how close the Wyvermoons are to anarchy. Their leader has recently died, their ranks are thin, and their only hope lies in Cecily Fo

Lisa M
3 1/2* Logan, a Dragonstar sentry, infiltrates the Wyvernmoon dragon clan to end their biological warfare against the Dragonstars. But things get complicated when he falls for the Wyvernmoon princess, Cecily. He's caught between betraying his king and the woman he loves.

I docked this book a half a star because I felt the book was a bit bland even though Logan was one of my favorite Dragonstars and I was looking forward to his book. Also, one of my biggest pet peeves is in this book--a virgin who
Joanne
I really liked the storyline about Logan...I wish there was another book! The characters showed depth, and I loved the dialogue between them. Interesting to find out there was yet another clan affected by the virus & I'd love to hear more about their story...hint hint. :)
Paraphrodite
This series showed promise, I wished there were more books to come as it would have been interesting to see more of the other dragon clans and the other dragon sentries in Dragonstar. And these books would have benefitted from some good editing.
Darcy
My feelings were like Logan's, I was tired of the Wyvermoon's and their actions. I thought he had a great plan to do something about it, so I couldn't get why the others were so mad.

I was glad to see that Cecily wasn't in on the evil plan. I hated how the council treated her so badly, that she was considered to be nothing. You knew that things would happen just the way they did. I knew that Logan would fall for Cecily, that she would discover the plan, and then things would fall in the capper a
TinaMarie
Deannie
the best book of the series! Tessa Adams can write. ... the storyline is so interesting not to mention the love between the characters. just all around 10 stars
Rachell Nichole
This book was even better than the first two. So much built-in conflict. Lots of incredible and inventive love scenes. Excellent external conflict and driving plot lines. Logan and Cecily made a great pair. Both very damaged and only able to survive the world as a couple. Cecily was such a strong heroine, befitting her royal status and Logan is her perfect match.

Sue
Loved Logan & Cecily. I was surprised when they hooked up but I probably shouldn't have been. All of Tessa Adam's Dragon's Heat book are full of surprises! I can't say this was my favorite of the series but I did enjoy it. I would give it 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Angarad
Kind of like Romeo & Juliet situation here, plus the dragon side ;)

A really interesting and intense read where loyalties collide, feelings are hurt but love surpass every obstacles. Great book!!

Please tell me there will be more books on this serie!!! I want more
Sandy
Absolutely fantastic!!! It was very frustrating at times, especially in the 2nd half of the book, but this story was amazing. I sincerely hope in her next book, she gives us little details about Logan's life with Ceciley in South Dakota. I love this series.
Melanie S.
Für mich der schwächste Teil der Reihe. Die Autorin hat in den Vorgängerbänden einige Aspekte zur Hintergrundhandlung angesprochen, die sie hier nun komplett ignoriert. Sehr schade...
Rhonda
I finished this book quite a while ago just haven't been on in awhile been busy with work, kids, summer, and now school. This was a good book, all 3 were. Can't wait for the next one.
Christine
Not much of a plot, basically the story was there to showcase sex. I'm more interested in good plots with sex when it makes sense. I like a good plot!
Missyb
Really like the characters, and enjoyed the other clan being the main focus. Great twists. Nice not having the main focus being the medical attack.
Laurla2
"if i dont ask now, you'll have me naked in ten seconds and then i'll forget my own name, let alone anything else important."
Hbeebti
As usual it was wonderful. This better not be the end!!!! What about Sean??? He needs a book tooo...
Patricia Wilcoxen
great read cant wait til the next one comes out though. Keep up the great work Tessa!!!!!!!
Caryn Block
Another great story in the series. I would read the other books first for the full effect.
Bridgette
OMG I hope there is more to this series! I am in love with this series!
  • Koishi (GateKeepers, #1)
  • Artistic Vision (Gray Court, #3)
  • Dragon's Moon (Children of the Moon, #4)
  • Ember's Kiss (Dragonfire, #8)
  • Dragon's Fire (Shadow of the Dragon, #2)
  • Last Minion Standing
  • The Black Dragon (Dragon #2)
  • Never Again (Wizards of Nevermore, #1)
  • What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)
  • Breath of Fire
  • Immortal Coil (Dragon Spirit, #1)
  • Dragon Down Under (Dragon Down Under, #1)
  • Silent Warrior (Dragon Kings, #0.5)
  • The Perfect Prince (Dragon Lords, #2)
1975671
Pseudonym for Tracy Wolff

Tessa Adams lives in Texas and teaches writing at her local community college. She is married and the mother of three young sons.
More about Tessa Adams...

Dragon's Heat (4 books)
  • Dark Embers (Dragon's Heat, #1)
  • Hidden Embers (Dragon's Heat, #2)
  • Eternal Embers (Dragon's Heat, #2.5)
Dark Embers (Dragon's Heat, #1) Hidden Embers (Dragon's Heat, #2) Soulbound (Lone Star Witch, #1) Flamebound (Lone Star Witch, #2) Eternal Embers (Dragon's Heat, #2.5)

“And since Logan didn’t seem the least bit antisocial . . .
“You don’t have to look like that, you know. I haven’t kicked a puppy in at least a decade.”
5 likes