Start by marking “The Warlock Unlocked (Warlock, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Warlock Unlocked (Warlock, #3)

The Warlock Unlocked (Warlock #3)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  1,178 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In Gramarye, where everyone who is anyone is a witch, and where Rod Gallowglass has only just begun to learn of the awesome powers he possesses, a battle between worlds has begun. In the fight to preserve freedom, Rod is about to learn if his strength will be enough to save his precious world--and all democracy--from destruction. Reissue.
Published March 1st 1982 by Ace (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about The Warlock Unlocked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Warlock Unlocked

Abigail
I liked this one quite a bit more than the two previous Warlock books. I think it benefited from having actual chapters as it made it tighter. (As opposed to sprawling, undefined parts. Pratchett doesn't need chapters; I think Stasheff does.) Half of it was from a different perspective than Rod's so that may have helped too.

M.C.A. Hogarth has hosted discussions on her blog about how in many fantasy (and other) novels adventuring seems to stop once the heroes become parents. Not so in this series
Jim Razinha
Fun addition to "...in Spite of Himself" and the start of a lengthy series with several spawns. "Start" because while The Warlock in Spite of Himself was first, and A Wizard in Bedlam technically second, this kicked off the broader arcs. I read it long ago, but it came back as I went through it again. Nice memories.
Cindy
Mar 06, 2013 Cindy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: wizard and knight fans
I started this one not knowing that it was somewhere it the middle of a series. I have to admit that it got a little complicated in places, so it probably would have helped to start at the beginning. I did enjoy the basic plot line about Rod and Gwen. Rod is the High Warlock of Gramarye, but he comes from another place and time. It is his wife and kids who have the real magical talent. His son goes missing and Rod sets off to find him and is trapped in a distant part of the land. He is soon join ...more
Carole
I found this one quite unexpected, but both enjoyable and interesting. I almost want to read it again to see if there was anything I missed. I'm sure I will be rereading it at some point. This series is fascinating me.
Arlene Allen
Don't really remember the series but I did read lot of them.
Kione
Nov 11, 2009 Kione rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Entertaining.
A quick and easy read.
Peter
Good fun series -
Livia
Livia marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Alan Thompson
Alan Thompson marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Monika
Monika is currently reading it
May 18, 2015
May 06, 2015
Miriam
Miriam added it
Apr 30, 2015
  • The Moment of the Magician (Spellsinger, #4)
  • Shadows of Sanctuary (Thieves' World, #3)
  • Chronicles of Elantra Bundle
  • Sorcerer's Son (The Book of Elementals, #1)
  • Saint Camber (The Legends of Camber of Culdi, #2)
  • The Modern Magi
  • Flashing Swords! 2
  • The Changing Land
  • The Golden Horn (The Hound and the Falcon, #2)
  • The Gifts, A Jacody Ives Mystery
  • House Name (The House War, #3)
  • The Gratitude of Kings (Thieves' World / Lythonde)
  • Dragonrank Master (Bifrost Guardians, #3)
  • The Berserker Wars (Berserker)
Christopher Stasheff published his first novel, The Warlock in Spite of Himself, in 1969. He is often credited as one of the founders of the "science fantasy" genre. Over the next forty years, he wrote 44 novels, 29 short stories, and edited 7 anthologies. His most popular works are the Warlock of Gramarye series and its spin-offs, the Wizard in Rhyme series, and the Starship Troupers.

Stasheff has
More about Christopher Stasheff...

Warlock (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Escape Velocity (Warlock, #0)
  • The Warlock in Spite of Himself (Warlock Series, #1)
  • King Kobold
  • King Kobold Revived (Warlock, #2)
  • The Warlock Enraged (Warlock, #4)
  • The Warlock Wandering (Warlock, #5)
  • The Warlock Is Missing (Warlock, #6)
  • The Warlock Heretical (Warlock, #7)
  • The Warlock's Companion (Warlock, #8)
  • The Warlock Insane (Warlock, # 9)
Her Majesty's Wizard (Wizard in Rhyme #1) The Warlock in Spite of Himself (Warlock Series, #1) Escape Velocity (Warlock, #0) The Oathbound Wizard (Wizard in Rhyme, #2) King Kobold Revived (Warlock, #2)