Start by marking “The Warlock Unlocked (Warlock, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Warlock Unlocked (Warlock, #3)

The Warlock Unlocked (Warlock #3)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  1,166 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In Gramarye, where everyone who is anyone is a witch, and where Rod Gallowglass has only just begun to learn of the awesome powers he possesses, a battle between worlds has begun. In the fight to preserve freedom, Rod is about to learn if his strength will be enough to save his precious world--and all democracy--from destruction. Reissue.
Published March 1st 1982 by Ace (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about The Warlock Unlocked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Warlock Unlocked

Abigail
I liked this one quite a bit more than the two previous Warlock books. I think it benefited from having actual chapters as it made it tighter. (As opposed to sprawling, undefined parts. Pratchett doesn't need chapters; I think Stasheff does.) Half of it was from a different perspective than Rod's so that may have helped too.

M.C.A. Hogarth has hosted discussions on her blog about how in many fantasy (and other) novels adventuring seems to stop once the heroes become parents. Not so in this series
Jim Razinha
Fun addition to "...in Spite of Himself" and the start of a lengthy series with several spawns. "Start" because while The Warlock in Spite of Himself was first, and A Wizard in Bedlam technically second, this kicked off the broader arcs. I read it long ago, but it came back as I went through it again. Nice memories.
Cindy
Mar 06, 2013 Cindy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: wizard and knight fans
I started this one not knowing that it was somewhere it the middle of a series. I have to admit that it got a little complicated in places, so it probably would have helped to start at the beginning. I did enjoy the basic plot line about Rod and Gwen. Rod is the High Warlock of Gramarye, but he comes from another place and time. It is his wife and kids who have the real magical talent. His son goes missing and Rod sets off to find him and is trapped in a distant part of the land. He is soon join ...more
Carole
I found this one quite unexpected, but both enjoyable and interesting. I almost want to read it again to see if there was anything I missed. I'm sure I will be rereading it at some point. This series is fascinating me.
Arlene Allen
Don't really remember the series but I did read lot of them.
Kione
Miriam
Miriam added it
Apr 30, 2015
Sonny Lee
Sonny Lee marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Chris Bartus
Chris Bartus marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Pat
Pat added it
Apr 01, 2015
  • Shadows of Sanctuary (Thieves' World, #3)
  • Chronicles of Elantra Bundle
  • The Paths of the Perambulator (Spellsinger, #5)
  • The Gifts, A Jacody Ives Mystery
  • Camber of Culdi (The Legends of Camber of Culdi, #1)
  • The Changing Land
  • The Modern Magi
  • Flashing Swords! 2
  • Sorcerer's Son (The Book of Elementals, #1)
  • The Doomfarers of Coramonde (Coramonde, #1)
  • Pegasus in Flight (The Talent, #2)
  • The Chilling Deception (Guinevere Jones, #2)
  • The New Springtime
Christopher Stasheff published his first novel, The Warlock in Spite of Himself, in 1969. He is often credited as one of the founders of the "science fantasy" genre. Over the next forty years, he wrote 44 novels, 29 short stories, and edited 7 anthologies. His most popular works are the Warlock of Gramarye series and its spin-offs, the Wizard in Rhyme series, and the Starship Troupers.

Stasheff has
More about Christopher Stasheff...

Warlock (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Escape Velocity (Warlock, #0)
  • The Warlock in Spite of Himself (Warlock Series, #1)
  • King Kobold
  • King Kobold Revived (Warlock, #2)
  • The Warlock Enraged (Warlock, #4)
  • The Warlock Wandering (Warlock, #5)
  • The Warlock Is Missing (Warlock, #6)
  • The Warlock Heretical (Warlock, #7)
  • The Warlock's Companion (Warlock, #8)
  • The Warlock Insane (Warlock, # 9)
Her Majesty's Wizard (Wizard in Rhyme #1) The Warlock in Spite of Himself (Warlock Series, #1) Escape Velocity (Warlock, #0) The Oathbound Wizard (Wizard in Rhyme, #2) King Kobold Revived (Warlock, #2)