Start by marking “Creating Flow with OmniFocus” as Want to Read:
Creating Flow with OmniFocus

Creating Flow with OmniFocus

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  77 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
- Grasp basic through advanced concepts of OmniFocus through real examples, unlike a manual.
- Learn how to build a trusted system and get things off your mind.
- Learn to take control of OmniFocus at a much deeper level by mastering perspectives.
- Learn to build custom perspectives that work for you.
- Use the strength of OmniFocus to get through daily responsibilities to ge
Published 2009 by The Dini Group, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Creating Flow with OmniFocus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creating Flow with OmniFocus

Trey Piepmeier
Dec 17, 2011 Trey Piepmeier rated it really liked it
Amazingly precious and written for the very tightly wound todo-list making individual. The level of detail that he goes into on how to make a template project for leaving the house, for example, borders on the absurd. But. He makes good points on how to setup tasks like this in order to get yourself out of a rut of deciding how to go about accomplishing a daunting project. The book goes into a somewhat therapeutic angle towards the end with regards to how to maximize your time on earth to do wha ...more
Cams
Aug 16, 2012 Cams rated it liked it
This book has been pretty massive for me.

I bought OmniFocus over a year ago and struggled with it based on David Sparks' excellent screencasts [Link]. For some reason, it just never integrated its way into my life, other than to give me weekly reminders to put the kids' pocket money into their piggy banks.

I know that I need something in my life to help me deal with my stuff, and I knew that OmniFocus was more than capable of doing that. I just found it so overwhelming!

I listened to the author
Mike Vardy
Nov 11, 2013 Mike Vardy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: digital-library
If you want to get the most out of the app and are willing to put in the time and effort to do so, then you owe it to yourself to pick up this book. It’s simply amazing.
Dinah
Apr 11, 2012 Dinah is currently reading it
Good but grossly overpriced.
Bonnie
Sep 28, 2012 Bonnie rated it liked it
Some good ideas and interesting takes on organizing with GTD and OmniFocus. Makes you think about how to better utilize your system.

With some editing improvements, I'd give it four stars. Would benefit from a wider variety of examples; "Make chocolate chip cookies" does not cover it for many of the situations. Writing needs rewording in many spots. Rewrite and find clearer way to present the "Core" principles. Cut out all the white space; it's not really anywhere near 500+ pages. For this price
Karl Kemp-o'brien
Apr 01, 2012 Karl Kemp-o'brien rated it it was amazing
An amazing guide to how to use OmniFocus. Perfect for after you have read David Allen's 'Getting Things Done' and would like to apply those methods in a sound way.

This book introduces you to the application, and slowly builds up your abilities until you feel comfortable and ready to 'create flow'. Through use of some very clever perspectives, the author imbues the reader with master level skills and relates it all to everyday life. His background as a psychiatrist really proves useful in how he
T Huang
Jun 05, 2014 T Huang rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
A life-changing view on living.
Leo Davilgen
Dec 27, 2015 Leo Davilgen rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that changes your life. It certainly changed mine. It took me so long to read it because you have to keep putting it down to implement each of the teachings of the author. It's very practical advice. It's like having a personal teacher help you learn OmniFocus.

You will finish this book feeling like a master of OmniFocus.

Until the next version comes out that is. Then we'll both be reading the 3rd edition of this book!
Davis Das
Nov 30, 2015 Davis Das rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who owns Omnifocus or is thinking of buying it
Whew, this took a while to finish up (highly technical) but was well worth the investment. OmniFocus is an amazing piece of software, and had made task management a real afterthought in my life. I feel much more free and less scatter-brained. Dini does a good job explaining the software, as it's quite clear he is an expert at it. Thanks Kourosh, you're a pretty cool dude.
Darrell
Jul 23, 2013 Darrell rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-challenge
Excellent manual for the use of OmniFocus. Really beneficial if you are interested in learning how to fully utilize the features offered by OmniFocus.
Mark
Aug 04, 2014 Mark marked it as to-read
Recommended to Mark by: That bastard Merlin Mann
Shelves: on-hold
After being an OmniFocus user for like...a million years, it's probably about time that I taught Kourash Dini a few things about using OmniFocus.
Al Valvano
Mar 03, 2012 Al Valvano rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I'm no black belt, but I am fairly comfortable with OmniFocus and GTD. I still found some very useful techniques I will incorporate into daily use.
Marcus Neto
Jul 06, 2013 Marcus Neto rated it really liked it
I love the idea of using omnifocus properly but the reality is that I will never take the time to do it. Lots of overhead.
Jaycruz Cruz
Aug 25, 2011 Jaycruz Cruz rated it really liked it
If you use OmniFocus and follow the GTD methodology you must read this book. Period.
Graeme Mathieson
No idea when I finished reading it, but I definitely did at some point!
Kimmy
Kimmy marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Peter Karlen
Peter Karlen marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Gavin Fitton
Gavin Fitton marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
John Lianoglou
John Lianoglou marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Fábio Fortkamp
Fábio Fortkamp rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2016
Alton
Alton is currently reading it
Jan 10, 2016
John Khawam
John Khawam rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Rochelle Chua
Rochelle Chua marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Hugo Melis
Hugo Melis marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
P
P rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
Praveen
Praveen marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Eli Slavkin
Eli Slavkin marked it as to-read
Ryan
Ryan rated it really liked it
Joshua Wilson
Joshua Wilson marked it as to-read
  • Paperless: A MacSparky Field Guide
  • Jesus Christ and the Life of the Mind
  • How to Interpret Literature: Critical Theory for Literary and Cultural Studies
  • The Critical Tradition: Classic Texts and Contemporary Trends
  • Engaging Ideas: The Professor's Guide to Integrating Writing, Critical Thinking, and Active Learning in the Classroom
  • Discardia
  • Hyperobjects: Philosophy and Ecology after the End of the World
  • Think Like a Pancreas: A Practical Guide to Managing Diabetes with Insulin--Completely Revised and Updated
  • Book Was There: Reading in Electronic Times
  • Prince of Networks: Bruno LaTour and Metaphysics
  • Original Sin: A Cultural History
  • Getting Results the Agile Way: A Personal Results System for Work and Life
  • Making It All Work: Winning at the Game of Work and Business of Life
  • Alien Phenomenology, or What It’s Like to Be a Thing
  • Mac OS X Leopard: The Missing Manual
  • How to Write a Lot: A Practical Guide to Productive Academic Writing
  • Writing Your Journal Article in 12 Weeks: A Guide to Academic Publishing Success
  • It Will Be Exhilarating: Indie Capitalism and Design Entrepreneurship in the 21st Century
Writings

Kourosh Dini is the author of Creating Flow with OmniFocus: Mastering Productivity. As he is known to do many things, Kourosh has needed a tool and method by which he could wrangle it all. The book describes this process of wrangling in hopes that others will find such wranglings useful, too.

He has written Workflow Mastery: Building from the Basics which combines his thoughts on psychoanal
More about Kourosh Dini...