Start by marking “101 Damnations: The Humorists' Tour of Personal Hells” as Want to Read:
101 Damnations: The Humorists' Tour of Personal Hells

101 Damnations: The Humorists' Tour of Personal Hells

Dear flappable reader:
Do you bristle at a handshake that resembles a limp fish? Do oblivious pedestrians bring you to the brink? What about museum gift shops, superfluous courtesy (do we need a gas pump to show us gratitude?), behemoth SUVS, or inexplicable operating manuals? Have you had it with screeching leaf blowers, beseeching telemarketers, escalating movie-ticket p
Published August 3rd 2002 by Thomas Dunne Books

To ask other readers questions about 101 Damnations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 101 Damnations

Toni
Nov 22, 2009 Toni rated it did not like it
Great title, great idea.....and that would be where I stopped liking it. To be fair, I didn't make it all the way through this book. The "humor authors" asked to contribute are ones I have never heard of, and possibly for good reason. The essays were essentially like those written by bad bloggers attempting to be funny. I finally gave up after reading about 10 essays. I thought 10% was a fair chance.

Not recommended to anyone
Rachel
Apr 28, 2008 Rachel rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, nonfiction
This is a great idea and a fun read. I like how some of the authors do really different things like charts or spoofs of other forms of writing. There's one chart about how every Eagles hit single was followed by a disaster within a week. It's nice to have all these different voices in one place.
Chris
May 02, 2015 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: really-funny
Looking at other reviews, I see I'm in the minority, but I really liked this book. It was a very clever idea, and most of the essays, although I did not recognize most of the authors, were quite witty. I could identify with a lot of them, and short entries make this an easy read.
Moira
Mar 28, 2010 Moira rated it it was ok
Great title, mostly not worth the trouble with the exception of Lewis Grossberger's brilliant essay "Antibody" on page 165.

The design of the book shows trendy graphics that quickly appear dated, in this case the early 2000's use of grunge fonts.
Kimberlee
Jun 14, 2008 Kimberlee rated it really liked it
Absolutely hysterical - it's kinda cathartic to read other kvetching about the things that irritate most of us. Short 'chapters', arranged into 9 'Dantean' circles of irritation, each entry individual, funny, and like an enormous inside joke.
Audrey
Jan 02, 2014 Audrey rated it really liked it
Good collaboration of stories and tales of personal hells.
tib
Jan 27, 2009 tib rated it liked it
So far (about halfway) the really truly bestest thing about this book has been the title, which I think is brilliant.
Denise
Sep 04, 2009 Denise rated it did not like it
Boring. Did not finish it.
Jillian
Jillian marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
e
e marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Sydney Irvin
Sydney Irvin is currently reading it
Aug 05, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Steve Altes
Steve Altes rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Janet Fraser
Janet Fraser marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Claudia
Claudia rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2015
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2015
Mina
Mina marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Jaina
Jaina marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Stephanie Nicole
Stephanie Nicole marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Angie Keranen
Angie Keranen marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Razvan
Razvan marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Krystina Meyer
Krystina Meyer marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Rosen's Website should provide all this and more. It's http://www.fidosopher.com.
Nonetheless: Michael J. Rosen is an American author and illustrator with over 120 books of fiction, nonfiction, humor, picture books, poetry, and more. With a strong interest in nature and animals, reflecting his animal behavior degree from Ohio State University, Rosen resides within a peaceful crease of Central Ohio
More about Michael J. Rosen...