Diviner (Dragons Of Starlight, #3)

Diviner (Dragons of Starlight #3)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  341 ratings  ·  40 reviews
For years, tales of
DRAGONS
from another world kidnapping and enslaving humans have been circulating in Jason Masters' world, while for a slave girl named Koren, the stories of a human world seem pure myth. Together, these two teens will need to bridge two planets in order to overthrow the draconic threat and bring the lost slaves home.
The mysteries unfold
As a Starlighter,...more
Published (first published August 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Diviner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diviner

Annie
This series has a lot going for it. It's got a really cool setting that's an interesting blend of science fiction and high fantasy. It has an exciting (albeit sometimes confusing) plotline. It has a wonderful message. It has dragons! Yay for dragons!

And yet, the more of this series I read, the more some things start to bother me.The main thingis how righteous and noble all of the characters are. Yes, they are wonderful heroes, and all-around "good guys". They are too much "good", and too little...more
Rimma
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Read

I do recommend this book and found this book the best in the series, however it doesn't seem the story is over. The story has a lot more to go on with many unfinished stories.
I could not figure out all the details until I finally got chance to read first two books. After that I enjoyed this book a lot more, as it explain the characters and relationship better. The story well developed from the biblical base and goes on into a more intrudin...more
Eustacia Tan
I decided to welcome my return from camp by having the giveawaycountdown movetowards the the second last milestone. After this, the giveaway will end a week after my review of Liberator. If you haven't entered my giveaway yet, you can do so here.

In Diviner, Koren has gone to the dark side. She's now (unwillingly) helping Taushin. Meanwhile, Jason, Elyssa and the rest are desperately trying to bring in the army from Major Four/Darksphere and rescue the humans. The two groups are moving towards a...more
Avry15
originally appeared on:Bookshelf Confessions

The Mysteries Unfold

As a starlighter, Koren knows her destiny is to save her fellow human slaves from the dragon’s bondage- but by following the orders of the smooth-talking dragon king, Taushin, has she in fact doomed her people and herself?

As Koren struggles over her choices, Elyssa discovers a new aspect to her Diviner gifts when her pendant begins to unlock mysteries surrounding the stardrops from the Exodus star.

Soon Elyssa, along with Jason and h...more
Carmen
Goodread's win...Advanced Reading Copy review

Beside's the biggest typo on the first page -> Koren to Karen, this book was really fun to read! Read the second book "Warrior" and now this. "Diviner" dives right into the story of how it ended off in the second book, so if you never read the other books, this will be super confusing and it still is because I didn't read how this all started.

So many of the passage reminded me of the Bible hahah...I feel like this Bryan Davis made a more fun-to-rea...more
Meagan Myhren-bennett
Aug 16, 2011 Meagan Myhren-bennett rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy fans, adventure readers, Young adult Readers, Middle Grade readers
Recommended to Meagan by: Z Street Team
DRAGONS OF STARLIGHT
DIVINER
By Bryan Davis

DIVINER picks up where WARRIOR left us. Koren has entered the castle of the White Dragon in search of Exodus. With her, she is carrying the stardrop she removed from Cassabrie's sanctum. When she finds the fallen star she enters through its wound and finds another Starlighter. Within Exodus resides an injured Starlighter called Brinella. But because of condition Koren's appearance Brinella rejects Koren as a Starlighter and instead accuses her of being a...more
Rachel
As we enter book 3 in the Dragons of Starlight, Jason and his father are returning to the Southlands when a they meet up with Elyssa and then one of them is kidnapped by a dragon and must be rescued before they are exicuted. Koren, mean while, learns more about Exudose and tries to make the slaves see their slavery but find that having someone see the truth and fight for something is harder than it sounds. As they all learn lessons about what slavery and freedom really is, things about themselve...more
Angela
Not having read the first two books in the series, I had a pretty hard time figuring out what Diviner was. But finally, I have read all three books in the series. Surprisingly, I enjoyed them all because of their high fantasy setting, which I always love.

In Diviner, Koren finds herself in even deeper trouble than before. This time, it's going to take more than what she has ever had expected to get out of this mess. I mean, the previous Starlighter refuses to admit that she is her successor. Not...more
Heather Bridson
This is the first book in this series that I have read, and seeing as it is the third in the series I was expecting to be lost. However, I found this book to be delightful! The characters were engaging, the story hooked the reader early and kept the pages turning. I truly enjoyed this book. I have been a fantasy fan for a long time, and this story fit very well into the genre. The underlying story of faith in mankind, yourself, and the creator above all was well done. The references to slavery...more
Cathrine Bonham
First off I have to confess that the highlight of reading this book was meeting the author. I mean really how often does that happen? Where you can be like, "Hi, I am reading your book right now. See the book marker. Can you Sign this?"

O.K. so I kind of knew where he would be and maybe I was reading this book on purpose. But that does not in anyway detract from the coolness of it.

Anyway about the story. Yes this book is just as good, better actually because more questions are answered and the a...more
Kim Heimbuch
This is the third book in the Dragons of Starlight books. Koren is a Starlighter and it is up to her to try and save the slaves from the enslavement from the Dragon's.This book is a bit difficult to get into as you can definitely tell it is part of series and is pretty important to read the previous two to thoroughly understand exactly what is going on. This book has a darkness to it that I thoroughly enjoyed as it filled in the gaps of feeling lost at times.This book does move along at a quick...more
Bethany Phillips
This is a third book in a series and it was so good. There was so many things that I wa not expecting to happen and it was so fun.

There were a lot of time where I was like did that really just happen and that character is that one. It was a fun read.

I enjoyed the main characters more and more throughout the book. There were many moments where I could not or did not want to put the book down because I needed to know what was going to happen next.

I cannot wait to see how the story ends in the las...more
Alicia "Nee"
This book reminds me of Moses the true prophet of God and the counterfeits Jannes and Jambres. It also brings to mind the many persecuted servants of God burned at the stake who were mistaken for workers of darkness. I like the many characters that unfold throughout the pages of this book and throughout this series of books. Portals and vortexes that take you into another planet and the Creator is ruler of them all. Fiction with some core truths. I liked this book!
Shelby
Diviner is the third book in the Dragons Of Starlight series and if you love a suspenseful story that will keep you up late then this is the one for you! The pacing was rapid with barely a moment to breathe that made it hard to put down. It totally drew me in and had me flipping the pages as fast I could to read them. Spellbinding suspense kept me thinking of possible scenarios each time I had to lay it aside. I won this book from goodreads, thank you!
Carol
I won a free copy from a Goodreads First Reads Giveaway.

I am currently waiting to get the first two in the series from my local library so I know what is going on when I read this one.

1/21/14
I tried to read this without reading the rest of the series. It didn't work. I had no real sense of the world or the characters. Some things seemed interesting but I am not sure I will revisit this series.
C.J. Darlington
I had a whole stack of books to read for my work before this one, but I couldn't resist picking it up. Mistake! I couldn't put it down! What a fascinating world Davis has created in this series. You never know what twist he's going to throw into the mix, which makes for delightful reading. I am completely hooked and lamenting the fact that I have to wait until NEXT YEAR for the fourth book.
Jenny
This is a free book from the Goodreads First Reads giveaways.
This is the 3rd book in the Dragons of Starlight series and picks up where the last one ended. Not much resolution in this story to the Dragon/Human issue on the planet Starlight. This read had the characters running and flying around a lot without much progress. I'm getting a bit impatient for a resolution to this tale.
Janet Ferguson
The third book in this Starlighter series is a bit darker and more violent than the first two, but I still liked this book. I especially appreciated the discussions of the various torments and kinds of slavery. This was particularly thought-provoking. I do want to read the next installment of this series, but I am ready for things to be resolved (and hope for a happy ending).
Marla Oveson
This was a very well written book leaving me wanting more. I won an ARC of the first book Starlighter and after reading Starlighter I wanted more. Davis is an amazing writer and I can't wait until I can finish finish the series and find out what happens to all of these people that I have fallen in love with.
Evan
A fine continuation of this Christian fantasy series. Sides are chosen, tough choices are made, characters suffer loss, and the book seems to build toward a final confrontation. I have to admit, and this may or may not be a flaw of the book...the dragon characters intrigue me far more than the human ones.
I thought Diviner was awesome! The Third Book in the Dragons of Starlight series is the best one yet. The story unfolds even more and answers start to come to the surface, but it still leaves you asking more questions. I can't wait to see how it ends in the Fourth book Liberator. A must read!
Julie Rodriguez
I won this book through goodreads. It is wonderful fantasy fictions that keep me reading. I have not read the first two books but there is enough background and hints so I could understand the story. I like the characters and look forward to the forth book.
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
I absolutely love this series! It is magical and the fantasy world is so compelling. I can not recommend these books enough. Bryan Davis has quickly become a favorite author. If you enjoy fantasy books you simply have to check these out!
Chesky_division
With out the first two books I'm sure I am missing a lot of information but this story is very interesting. I like the struggle for freedom learning right from wrong and understanding what freedom is..
Clayton
Received a copy through one of the giveaways. Solid story line that continues the characters and plot development from Starlight. Finishes a bit abruptly but sets up for the next volume of the series.
Jesse Kimmel-Freeman
a very well written tale about a storyteller that brings words to life, much like the author! i thoroughly enjoyed this delightful book and look forward to picking up the others in this saga!
Gayle Little
For some reason this book was really hard for me to get into. Maybe it's because I didn't read the first two? I was completely lost through most of it. Sorry, I couldn't give it a good review.
Amanda
I loved this book. The whole series was really good, but In my opinion this was the best of the three. I would rate it as a must read!
Bill Tillman
Time to put down this series once more. This on just has not held my interest, so I will wait until I can read it with zest.
  • Dragons of the Valley (Valley of the Dragons, #2)
  • Judge (Books of the Infinite, #2)
  • Veiled Rose (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #2)
  • Isle of Fire (Isle of Swords, #2)
  • Eye of the Sword (The Angelaeon Circle, #2)
  • Shadow in the Deep (Binding of the Blade #3)
  • Insight
  • The Wolf of Tebron (The Gates of Heaven, #1)
  • The Blue Door (The Threshold #1)
  • From Darkness Won (Blood of Kings, #3)
  • The Guardian
  • The Restorer's Son
  • Kingdom's Reign (Kingdom, #6)
Bryan Davis is the author of the best-selling Dragons in Our Midst and Oracles of Fire series, contemporary/fantasy blends for young people. He has two books coming out this spring, Last of the Nephilim, the third book in the Oracles of Fire series, and Beyond the Reflection’s Edge, the first book in the new Echoes from the Edge series.

Bryan is also the author of several other works including The...more
More about Bryan Davis...
Raising Dragons (Dragons in Our Midst, #1) Circles of Seven (Dragons in Our Midst, #3) The Candlestone (Dragons in Our Midst, #2) Tears of a Dragon (Dragons in Our Midst, #4) Eye of the Oracle (Oracles of Fire, #1)