Start by marking “Rewrite: A Step-By-Step Guide to Strengthen Structure, Characters, and Drama in Your Screenplay” as Want to Read:

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Professional screenwriters know that the rewriting process is what separates the money-makers from the neophytes. This illustrated, step-by-step guide shows the process of re-writing and why it is so essential.
Published March 1st 2008 by Michael Wiese Productions (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Rewrite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rewrite

Gerald
I'm giving all five stars for how-to usefulness because it's not necessarily the most engaging book I've read on the craft of screenwriting. But the advice is solid, practical, and -- best of all -- step by step. Read it through once to get the concepts, then again performing each TO DO task in your script. I also like Save the Cat! as a guide for rewrites, especially for studying blockbusters as models.

Gerald.
Boychik Lit
Stephanie
So glad this book was assigned for my Master's programs reading. I came across it in Powell's books and saved it to my Good Reads "to-read" list. This books is filled with necessary exercises, definitely glad this is in my collection. Now onto applying Chitlik's exercises to my screenplay.
Roberta
Had to write a review just before I've finished...
This is the real deal. As any screenwriter knows: it's not writing, it's re-writing. Always.
Chitlik has done a masterful, and truly helpful, job of it. Writers will get it...and should get it.
Natalie
A brief overview on rewriting, mostly focusing on going back for key things like 7 part structure, character development, dialogue, etc.
Beamish13
Beamish13 marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Greg Fazekas
Greg Fazekas marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Greg
Greg marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Felipe
Felipe marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
A.J.
A.J. is currently reading it
Sep 26, 2014
Nathan L
Nathan L marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Emilia Robinson
Emilia Robinson is currently reading it
May 12, 2014
Guido
Guido marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Jenny Orelle
Jenny Orelle is currently reading it
Apr 18, 2014
Gregor Schmidinger
Gregor Schmidinger marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Rewrite 2nd Edition: A Step-by-Step Guide to Strengthen Structure, Characters, and Drama in your Screenplay Deviant Numbers Berns with an "E" Rewrite 2nd edition Trunk, The (The Script Publishing Project)