Start by marking “Natural Highs” as Want to Read:
Natural Highs

Natural Highs

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  70 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Patrick Holford and Hyla Cass are experts in psychology and nutrition. In this book they explain how it is possible to enhance motivation, elevate your mood and expand your awareness naturally, effectively and safely.
Paperback
Published March 1st 2002 by Judy Piatkus (first published September 27th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Natural Highs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Natural Highs

Petra
Mar 23, 2012 Petra rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!
It shows that there are non-addictive ways to get an energy boost without resorting to caffeine or nicotine. If you want to stay healthy and are looking for natural ways of 'staying high', this book is for you.
Are you a stimulant addict? This book will help you change your habits.
Gloria Reiser
Sep 19, 2008 Gloria Reiser rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Gloria by: Personal Research
Shelves:
Currently, I've just begun reading this book. Why? Because nearly everyone I know or encounter seems to be dealing with stress, anxiety, depression or some "mood" issue. I've noted all to well and often the many negative consequences associated with SSRIs and other psycho-active drugs - the legal ones pushed by the pharmaceutical industry - and the illegal ones. I will report more once I've gotten farther into the book.... it begins with a personal assessment of stress levels, energy levels, moo ...more
Janet
Jan 14, 2016 Janet rated it it was amazing
I have already purchase my own copy of this book AND already have given it away to my daughter because it is such a great reference book for anyone wanting to supplement instead of medicate. The information for supplementation for all kinds of issues, like anxiety, depression, ADD, ADHD, etc. is so valuable. The research is comprehensive and I learned a toN from reading this book. I should also say that when I find a great reference book I always order a hard copy (lasts longer) and I will be or ...more
Denise Messenger
Jul 04, 2012 Denise Messenger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are interested in boosting your brain function, feeling better and suffer from fatigue, depression, anxiety, etc. this book takes you through the steps of mind-body therapies that will help. The author uses strategies such as supplements for mood enhancers, improving nutrition, meditation, tips for overcoming cravings for sugar, alcohol, chocolate, caffeine, and tea. The author gives a good argument for getting people off of stimulants.
Phineas
Jun 03, 2008 Phineas rated it liked it
Good review of healthy living and supplements. The little bit I do know, lets me know that some of the info. is misleading. In other words, it is an excellent outline on thriving naturally - as long as it is remembered that its not the gospel.
Sharon Dreyer
Oct 24, 2008 Sharon Dreyer rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Sharon by: Jeanine Roussouw
This book made me a fan of Patrick Holford and what a true genius he is! Extremely informative- even for my father who has Parkinson's disease!
Karen Mcmullen
Karen Mcmullen marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Chase Mackey
Chase Mackey rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Robert Dunne
Robert Dunne rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Sara Williams de Buis
Sara Williams de Buis rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2016
Bryce Haymond
Bryce Haymond rated it really liked it
May 16, 2016
Tyler
Tyler added it
Apr 05, 2016
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Nicolai
Nicolai rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Suzana Martins Smith
Suzana Martins Smith rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Logan Harris
Logan Harris marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Anthony Bruhl
Anthony Bruhl marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Allison
Allison rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Nizam uddin
Nizam uddin rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Mary Ann
Mary Ann marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2015
Anastasia
Anastasia marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016