Start by marking “Look for the Lorax” as Want to Read:
Look for the Lorax

Look for the Lorax

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  13 reviews

From the Trade Paperback edition.
Published January 10th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Look for the Lorax, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Look for the Lorax

Alyssa Ruehl
Personal reaction –
I love this book. It reminds me of the movie, The Lorax, and was a super easy read! I can imagine students loving this book, and if they have seen The Lorax, they will recognize certain aspects.

read aloud to make a curricular connection
I would read this aloud to kindergarteners for the purpose of showing rhyming words. Although Dr. Seuss didn't write it, the book still has rhymes and such, which will be beneficial for the students. The repetitiveness within the book will hel
Jane LoBosco
Look for the Lorax is the perfect book for the beginning reader. The size of the book will get the students to feel confident in thru reading abilities. The bright pictures also help to tell the story, and help students picture the story in their minds. I personally love the Lorax, and was so excited to find book that goes along with it. This book is not a Dr. Seuss book, but it accentuates the story that Dr. Seuss told, and helps kids understand the basics of his book and the movie. I really en ...more
Edward Creter
This brief look into the world of Dr. Seuss' Lorax, the warrior who speaks for the trees and speaks to us about caring for earth's limited resources, is a fun, if too short, walk into the woods of his domain, and kids who may not have read the classic book or seen the recent film should enjoy this immensely. The Lorax is a little guy with a big heart, and maybe, just maybe, he can show us how much heart he does have.
Angie
Synopsis: "Look out for the Lorax! Dr. Seuss's lovable grump makes his Step into Reading debut in this wonderland adventure through hills of green where the Truffula trees sway. Through easy words and simple sentences, the youngest readers will discover the Lorax's paradise, from singing Swomee-Swans to playful Bar-ba-loots."

My Review: We read this in honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday. I was expecting a lot from this book with the Lorax being one of my favorite characters. Unfortunately if you aren'
Rosa Cline
This is a level 1 reader... I would say more on the l.5 to almost 2 level as most of the book is repeatitive rhyming words but there are some longer sentences with harder words to read. So if your child is reading on their own they may need a little help with some of it.

Very cute (illustrations are colorful) Dr. Seuss book.
Nikki
A Step into Reading book...this book was very easy for my daughter to read. I liked the rhyme and rhythm of the book. Like another review of the book, I would say it did remind me of one fish, two fish by Dr. Seuss.
I enjoyed the book because I saw a lot of sight words my daughter has become familiar with.
Mayumi Inoko
There are comparison, reputation and rhymes that children can easily get interested in this book. I did not expect the way to finish the end but there are many original and attractive illustration.
Kelly
My Kindergartener picked this up at the school book fair. I was happy with this choice as it has numerous sight words and an appropriate level of rigor for her. Plus, we love The Lorax.
Rebecca Sharp
In this Step Into Reading: Step One Easy Reader, the familiar story of Dr. Seuss’ Lorax is made beginning reader friendly with simplified a phonetic text and lively illustrations.
Brian
I might use this as an early introduction to The Lorax, but it doesn't touch on the environmental message of the original.
Wooden Horse
This one reminded me of "One Fish, Two Fish".
PWRL
OS
OS added it
Jun 14, 2015
Alysha
Alysha marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Brie
Brie added it
Apr 24, 2015
Aracely
Aracely marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
JJ
JJ added it
May 20, 2015
Familyarrington
Familyarrington is currently reading it
Mar 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
There's No Place Like Space: All About Our Solar System (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library) Oh the Things You Can Do That Are Good for You! Oh, Baby, the Places You'll Go! Clam I am Big Snowman, Little Snowman (Disney Frozen) (Step into Reading)