Start by marking “Flirts! 5 Romantic Short Stories (Flirts! Collection #1)” as Want to Read:
Flirts! 5 Romantic Short Stories (Flirts! Collection #1)

Flirts! 5 Romantic Short Stories (Flirts! #1-5)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  807 ratings  ·  120 reviews
Flirts! 5 Romantic Short Stories features five contemporary romance shorts that stand alone, but also connect. It all ties up in a fab happy ending. (This is volume one of eight Flirts! volumes.)

The stories include:

“The Hot Girl’s Friend”
How can a plain Jane find love when her best friend is a curvy blonde man magnet?
Jane usually busies herself during a night on the town,

ebook, Smashwords, 150 pages
Published June 19th 2011 by Lisa Scott (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Flirts! 5 Romantic Short Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flirts! 5 Romantic Short Stories

Philisha Stephens
I found this book on Amazon for free and it was amazing! This is a set of five stories that occur within the same community and eventually they all tie back to each other, it really is a small world. I was looking for something fresh that actually completed and was not part of a series and I loved these short stories! I easily read all five in a day, remember I said they were short, and they were the perfect stories that left me feeling happy. There is no explicit sex scenes but a lot is implied...more
Amaranthine
Having previously read and enjoyed The Hot Girl’s Friend (the first story here) I had a pretty good idea that I would like this collection. It turns out I was right…and wrong. This is likely going to sound a bit crazy as I am about to complain about one of the things I actually liked.

The stories are formulated in a way so that they are interconnected. The beginning of each one ties into the previous, they all deal with the same locations, and briefly some of the same people. This is nice, becau...more
Liz
Super cute collection short stories. What was neat is that there's a connecting thread. While you don't have to read these in order, it's fun to meet characters or read about places that have been in the other stories but aren't integral to them.

All five are equally good, if not different.

1) Smartass woman challenges smartass bartender that a man wouldn't give her the time of day... and he sets out to prove her wrong and falls in love with her.

2) Realtor who is almost mugged and raped is rescued...more
Mare
I loved how each of the stories were interwoven yet independent of each other.

"The Hot Girl’s Friend”
Jane is the wingman for her gorgeous friend Miranda...so she only gets the attention of the guys trying to hit on Miranda. While sitting at the bar giving the guys funny excuse to keep them away from her blonde amazon friend the bartender notices & challenges her negative view on men. Brandy challenges her to accompany him out, without Miranda, to prove she's been fishing for me in the wrong...more
Caro
This was another one of my horde stockpiled freebies that I hadn't gotten to. This was really a treasure found and I enjoyed reading these stories. They were all kinda connected. The characters were great and the stories interesting and fun to read. I laughed, sweetly smiled, wanted to knock a few heads, loved the endings and pretty much had a good time reading them. Great for something fun, light, relaxing and...well...flirty. This is definitely something I would read again just for fun and am...more
K.L. Gore
Very cute story. Loved how the stories connected and wrapped up in the end.
Lynn
One of my guilty pleasures is short romance stories. I don't always have the time to read a whole book nor want to get emotionally involved with a story and just want a quick escapist HEA. This was free on Book bub so I gave it a try.

I am very lenient with short stories b/c of the constraints. Honestly, they are often cheesy, trite, and short on character development by nature of what they are.

I admit I was leery going in. I can enjoy short stories but they are so often very cheesy. I was especi...more
Judy
Flirts! 5 Romantic Short Stories by Lisa Scott
1 - The Hot Girl's Friend
Jane Jameson feels like plain Jane next to her tall, blonde, bombshell friend, Miranda. So why bother trying to get a guys attention when they go out, instead she sends the guys away with unique stories about her friend when they go to the hotties friend to get close to her.
She just can’t believe that Brady, the bartender at McGinty’s Bar, is really is not interested in her friend. And challenges her to spend time with him w...more
ReviewsByMolly
Jan 25, 2012 ReviewsByMolly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to ReviewsByMolly by: GoddessFish Promotions
Want a good escape after a long days work? Want a laugh out loud look into some fun loving romance? Grab up these amazing, funny romantic comedy collections by an absolutely FANTASTIC author! Lisa Scott takes a whole new world of laughs and puts them into 3 volumes of 5 short stories each, for the readers to enjoy. But, be forewarned.....these stories WILL make you laugh out loud so many times, that it's best not to have a drink in your mouth at the time. ;-)

These three volumes are totally aweso...more
Mariana Bezerra
The Hot Girl’s Friend – First Story

Can a plain Jane find love when her best friend is a curvy, blond man-magnet?

Jane Jameson has been friends forever with the beautiful Miranda and when going out every guy is interested in the hot, blonde and tall Miranda, so Jane has all sorts of excuses for the guys that approach her.

And that’s how she met Brady Flynn, the bartender on the bar they used to go. And he’s busted Jane creating stories to save her friend from some guys. After some talk he discover...more
Ceri
This is a collection of five short contemporary romance stories. They are short reads, each prob about 15 mins of reading time but long enough to conclude each story. Each story deals with a different couple in their mid 20s getting together. While none of these romances are earth-shattering, and a bit predictable, they are nice enough light reads, with a good sprinkling of humour. Although sex is alluded to in the stories there are no detailed sex scenes. I particularly liked the fact that the...more
Haley Whitehall
This is the first collection I've read from Ms. Scott and probably won't be the last. I enjoyed these stories a lot more than I thought I would. I was surprised how each story connected with the previous one in some way. Genius. These quirky short romance stories are perfect for when you only have a few minutes to read. I loved the different ways the couples met and fell in love. I only wish that some of the stories were a little longer because the romance element seemed rushed.
Tricia
This was cute. I saw it on Amazon for free and decided to start reading it while having a bubble bath/Redbox type of night. I liked that the stories all linked together, sort of. Obviously short stories don't leave much room for character development and so they can be a little cheesy especially when they are of the romance variety, but it was a quick and cute read and it fit perfectly with what I was looking for.
Kate
Aug 07, 2014 Kate rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: e-rom
I really enjoyed these cute short stories.

“The Hot Girl’s Friend” - Loved the banter between Jane and Brady. Obviously saw the hook-up coming a mile away, but I thought it was cute that he was legitimately trying to set her up and then found himself getting jealous.

“Wrong Place, Right Guy” - Generally enjoyed this story. It was a little far on the insta-love spectrum for such a short story, but they're a cute couple.

“Not You” - Loved this. Obviously saw the morning-after run in coming but serio...more
Freda mans
The first story, The Hot Girl's Friend, was funny, charming and cute. I didn't really connect with the characters, but it's what I liked most. (4/5) The second, Wrong Place, Right Guy, first had action, then romance. Wasn't what I expected and I enjoyed it a lot. (4/5) The next, Not You, I started to notice a theme going on in the setting of each story. All connected in a different way. This story was about lies biting you in the butt later and it was fun to read about. (5/5) The fourth, Despera...more
elaine m. suda
Funny and cute 5 times

I enjoyed these stories very much. Each story was linked to the other, but still very different. I thought each story was witty and sweet. The characters really held my interest and kept me laughing most of the time. I look forward to reading more of Lisa Scott's books.

Katy M
Excellent. Unique.

I never put spoilers in my reviews.
This is a well written, loosely connected, unique series of stories.
I was going to read one story in between two full length books and ended up reading the entire book.
Fully fleshed characters with each story having quite different plots.
Stacy Juba
This was such a fun read! Each story reeled me in with sassy female characters, romantic chemistry between the leads, sparkling storylines, and a touch of humor. I love how in Lisa Scott's collections, the stories are intertwined. This collection is a wonderful read for the beach or for cozying up on the couch. It's exactly the kind of romance style that I enjoy reading - light, witty and flirty, but without graphic scenes. And it's so nice to read stories with happy endings. This collection wil...more
Loverlypurple
The first story "The Hot Girl’s Friend" was so good I found myself laughing and smiling all the way through. Just finished the second story "wrong place right guy" wasn't sure about this story when it first started but it really got good and I enjoyed how the story ended. The Third story "Not You" was a very interesting and amusing plot, which had me laughing. I really like how each story over laps just a bit. The fourth story "Desperately Seeking Cupid" was a nice story but I didn't like all th...more
Cristie Lagarde
Funny and charming

Loved reading these funny yet charming short stories. The bonus was they were all connected in one way or another. If you Want literally LOL read the Hot Girls Friend... I laughed so many times... I loved each and every one... Great Read!!
Tiana Dalichov
Absolutely loved how these five short stories all take place in the same community with characters that cameo in each other's tales of finding love. Very well tied together and quite adorable to read!

Maybe I'll have to try the feng shui thing ;)
Tanya
Feb 21, 2014 Tanya added it
Love these little short stories!!!! Beautiful sweet romantic chick flick type stories :) really good when you don't have much time, you can read one of the stories quite quickly. :) got me addicted to buy all Lisa Scott's other mini series.
Anna
This is a fun short-story collection in which each story begins in the setting where the last left off, but with new characters. The first and last stories are by far the book, but all were amusing, feel-good reads.
Roo Barb
I liked these short stories which was a bit of a shock as usually they frustrate me and I get muddled between characters and settings. I didn't have that problem with these as each story linked to the next with the last one linking back to them all. Good fun. I'm off to read the next set
Kim
Cute collection of romance storys

I wasn't sure how I would like these romance short stories but they were great. I truly enjoyed every one. Fun easy reading if that's what your looking for.
Elizabeth Wood
Love these stories!

Each story keeps you wanting more! The sarcasm and banter is right up my alley. I'm going to have to keep going with this series, just to find out what happens next!
Lyn
Love it! All 5 short stories was very entertaining & I love how the author connected each HEA of the H/h of each short stories.

It's free at Amazon so grab it before it ends. Definitely recommend it. :)
Lonely
Aug 19, 2013 Lonely added it
synopsis:

Flirts! 5 Romantic Short Stories to squeeze into your busy life. Fun, flirty, sweet and sassy—always with the perfect happy ending.

The stories include:

“The Hot Girl’s Friend”

“Wrong Place, Right Guy”
She’s in the wrong place at the wrong time. Can the guy who saves her be Mr. Right? Or will his past keep them apart?

“Not You”
One night with a stranger…gets even stranger the next day.

“Desperately Seeking Cup...more
Barbara Allen
Review

I enjoyed all the short stories. each story was mentioned in the next story but did not go into detail. Will probably read them at.a player time.
Carol
The first story was cute and clean, by the second it was going down hill fast and I never got past the first minute of the third story. Not my idea of sweet, clean romances.
  • Guilty Pleasures: A Collection of 3 Super Sexy Novellas
  • A Valentine from Harlequin: Six Degrees of Romance
  • Mad About You
  • Love Letters
  • Stranded with a Scotsman
  • To Be With You (Sunset, #1)
  • A Taste of Romance
  • If We Dare to Dream: The Evans Family, Book One
  • Hearts Aflame Collection
  • A Soft Place to Fall (Shelter Rock Cove, #1)
  • Keep Me Ghosted (Sophie Rhodes Ghostly Romance #1)
  • A Wedding Story
  • Ride the Rainbow Home (Avalon Career Romance)
  • Shameless
  • Cross My Heart (Landry, #2)
  • Dead Again
  • The Bachelor Pact
  • Got a Hold on You
I'm a former TV news anchor who know writes fiction for a living. I publish collections of sweet, sassy romantic short stories called Flirts! Bell Bridge books is publishing my Willowdale Romance Series. No Foolin' debuts November 25, 2012.
More about Lisa Scott...
The Hot Girl's Friend My Fake Fiancé (story #1 from Wedding Flirts! 5 Romantic Short Stories) Holiday Rush Ex On The Beach She's Hot Now