Start by marking “Guarding the Healer” as Want to Read:
Guarding the Healer

Guarding the Healer

When Silas Walker is endowed with the power to heal, he soon discovers that no gift comes without a price.

A man possessed by an ancient evil is taunting the healer with photos of victims brutally murdered and marked with the crude image of an angel, and for Silas the slain are growing more familiar.

After he is given an ominous warning and an unbearable ultimatum, Silas set
Published May 27th 2011 by Gabriel Beyers (first published May 24th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Guarding the Healer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guarding the Healer

Jessica Bronder
Mar 07, 2012 Jessica Bronder rated it really liked it
We start the story out with four boys in an abandoned train station. The four of them have been torturing and killing small animals, but the ringleader, Rick, wants to take things further and kill a little girl. What they don’t know if there is a collection of Shadows, Fallen Angels, warrior angels, a grim reaper, and Nassarius, and angel that has been drawn to the area. A Shadow ultimately possesses Rick, the other boys don’t survive the ordeal, and the little girls escapes.

We then meet Silas.
J.
May 08, 2012 J. rated it it was amazing
Shades of Peretti's Piercing the darkness with this. Nothing like Peretti's book, I'm must say. A very good twist on some popular spirit/angelic themes. I definitely recommend!
Gef
Nov 18, 2011 Gef rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror
When you delve into the horror genre you can find many a novel with a spotlight on the destroyers of the world, but how often do you find one that explores the healers? And I'm talking literally here, as the protagonist in Gabriel Beyers' debut novel is just that--a healer.

Silas Walker wants to be a good little Christian and when he discovers he's been blessed with the ability to heal, he gets his chance to really make a difference. The healing powers aren't something he can really control consc
Obsession Is A Book - Terrie
It has now been confirmed! Gabriel Beyers is now one of my all-time favourite authors.
This book would not leave me alone; it followed me everywhere I went. Once I was in the story it held me captive and would not let me go, no matter how much I begged. This was a book that I seriously struggled to put down. Any down time I had at work and I was reading it.
I’m generally an easy to spook type of person. My Brother tak
Christine Rice
Jun 15, 2012 Christine Rice rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
I first became interested in this book, because I like the idea of a person having the power to heal; it’s mystical and magical to think about. But I wasn’t prepared for the excellent, well-written adventure, of both dark and light forces, that I experienced when reading Guarding the Healer by Gabriel Beyers.

The book carried me along a journey with the characters as they experienced love, pain, grief, sadness, and joy. The story is in constant motion as Silas runs from his loss of a loved one an
Brandie Lagarde
Sep 10, 2011 Brandie Lagarde rated it really liked it
I'm on chapter 11 of this book and LOVING it so far! I picked this title up from Bookroosters (I love this site) and am finding myself annoyed that I have to put it down for to participate in life!

I finished it and highly recommend this author and this book, great story and action. I had to stop and look this guy up to see if this was an Indie book because I couldn't tell and I loved it even more when I discovered that it is an indie read. Great Job, Mr. Gabriel!
Jeff Ptak
Apr 16, 2012 Jeff Ptak rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book immensely. Excellent story that keeps you turning the pages...
Christa Bistretzan
Jul 10, 2012 Christa Bistretzan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
Guarding The Healer
Smashwords Edition
May 2011

This is a novel that is along the line of paranormal/ spiritual world literature. It follows the spiritual world battles and the physical world battles of Silas, a young man who knows about suffering in the physical world and how he grows into his spiritual gift.

The author takes the reader from Silas’ baptism into the church, to his first spiritual world fight and learning what his gift is and how he uses it. The reader sees Silas grow
Georgeanna
Aug 14, 2012 Georgeanna rated it really liked it

I'm not going to rehash the plot here, that's not necessary. I would like to tell you that, although this book started a little slowly for me, once I was into it, I fell all the way into it. Silas had me by the heart. As did Hannah. I was ambivalent about Tommy until the end, though. Couldn't make up my mind about him (but I was rooting for him all the way). Angels. Demons. Juvenile delinquents. A damaged family just trying to survive. Good vs. evil. A tormented young man with the "gift of heali
Gabrielle
Sep 21, 2012 Gabrielle rated it it was amazing
I have recently finished reading Guarding the HealerbyGabriel Beyers This book sucks you in. Its so hard to put down you just want to know what is going to happen next. You just want to know more about Silas you want to know what is going to happen to him and why and how he got the power to heal. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes horror. Guarding The Healer is one of the best books I have read in years Its a fast ride from start to finish.
Safire
Sep 17, 2012 Safire rated it it was ok
This book was a little too graphic for my tastes. I also felt it was a tad disjointed. I didn't like the parts with Silas' angel conflicting with Silas. Also, the dreams bugged me because there was nothing to connect them with the story.
Douglas Hord
Aug 05, 2012 Douglas Hord rated it really liked it

Very creative, detailed and well-organized. Well edited until the last few chapters. Good character development. It inspires a desire to learn more of the characters and the storyline.
Melissa
27% in with little to say about it. Some religious mumbo jumbo, a dash of unconvincing horror. Maybe I'll pick it up again later, but not what I'm feeling at the moment.
Heather4Ever
Jan 29, 2013 Heather4Ever rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Any trade farm lumps the lung. A poetry colors. Without the horde fasts the industrial piano. The substitute cards a contempt.
Melissa Morgan
Dec 06, 2013 Melissa Morgan rated it it was amazing
Awesome book

This is a book that really sucks you in. I was scared, in tears, and on the edge of my seat the whole time.
Jennifer rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Carol
Carol rated it it was ok
May 02, 2013
sarah
sarah rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2017
Lindsay Mccain
Lindsay Mccain rated it it was ok
Dec 19, 2012
Kara Kramer
Kara Kramer rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2013
Sue
Sue rated it liked it
May 12, 2012
Kim Hillenburg
Kim Hillenburg rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2014
Brett
Brett rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2015
Aimee Buettner
Aimee Buettner rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2015
Wendy
Wendy rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2015
Belinda Knight
Belinda Knight rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2011
Catherine Rye
Catherine Rye marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2011
Gabriel Beyers
Aug 30, 2011 Gabriel Beyers added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Gabriel Beyers
Aug 31, 2011 Gabriel Beyers added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Deann
Deann marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2011
Laura added it
Sep 16, 2011
Tristen
Tristen marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2011
Bella
Bella marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2011
Rick F.
Rick F. marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2011
B.  Barron
B. Barron marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2011
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2011
Kelly/yllektra
Kelly/yllektra marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2011
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2011
Beth (Beth~a~holic)
Beth (Beth~a~holic) marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2011
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2012
Red
Red added it
Jan 22, 2012
Rebeca
Rebeca marked it as to-read
Randy Harmelink
Randy Harmelink marked it as to-read
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Leigh Savage
Leigh Savage marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2012
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2012
Modern Good Reads: R4R Angel/Demon Paranormal Thriller 1 8 Aug 31, 2013 04:26PM
Creative Reviews: Guarding the Healer 1 6 Jun 30, 2012 10:03PM
  • The Protector (Descendant Series, #1)
  • Dead World (Dead World #1)
  • Prince of Alasia
  • The Tales of Tanglewood: The Lon Dubh Whistle
  • The Silence of Lir (Saga of the Spheres #1)
  • Waiting Game
  • City of Rogues (The Kobalos Trilogy, #1)
  • The Fly Guild
  • Legion of Bats
  • The Quarry
  • Fauns and Filinians (Prophet of Panamindorah #1)
  • American Horror
  • Godsworld (The Portal Catch, #1)
  • Heirs of Prophecy (The Prophecies, #1)
  • Angel
  • Dawning (Black Earth, #1)
  • Cry Wolf (Monster Farm Saga #1) (New Gotham Fairy Tale)
  • Bound in Stone: Volume One
Gabriel Beyers lives in Bloomington, Indiana with his wife, two children, and two lovable (yet destructive) dogs. He is a writer of Thrillers with a Twist. That is, they are stories of normal people facing extraordinary situations in a world that's twisted just a bit off center. He spends his day-job hours tinkering with elevators and the dark hours of the night--when the rest of the family is sle ...more
More about Gabriel Beyers...