Start by marking “Julian, Secret Agent” as Want to Read:
Julian, Secret Agent

Julian, Secret Agent (Julian)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Secret agents Julian, Huey, and Gloria are already heroes. They have rescued a dog and saved a toddler from drowning. But what they really want is to nab a real-live bank robber. Just when it looks like they might catch the crook, the police chief steps in. The supersleuths find that they're the ones who are in trouble—with a capital T!
Published October 12th 1988 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published October 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Julian, Secret Agent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Julian, Secret Agent

Evan
More of an extended short-story than a collection of stories (as the previous works in the Julian series were), 'Julian, Secret Agent' gathers together the trouble-seeking trio of big brother Julian, little brother Huey and best friend Gloria. This time, the three see wanted posters while running an errand for their mother at the local post office and decide to become crimefighters. The rest of the book recounts their misguided mischief, as their innocent curiosity causes them more trouble than ...more
ChristinaW
This short chapter book is part of a series about the main character, Julian. Julian is a young African American who works as a secret agent with his best friends. The book is a fun read for students in the lower grade level, (it would not be appropriate for students above maybe 4th grade). I did like how Julian was a positive young African American boy. He had normal childhood experiences. He lived in a neighborhood where the African American culture was evident (MLK statue in the park). Howeve ...more
Joe Steward
Three young kids Julian, his little brother Huey, and best friend Gloria, find themselves stuck in the Post Office due to heavy rain. Whilst there they look through Most-Wanted posters and it is here they decide they'd like to investigate crimes and criminals, it is here our secret agents are born. The story follows our three little investigators through their investigations and explorations, which include saving a trapped dog and rescuing a lost toddler.

This delightful story is well-written, r
Amy Kannel
Did not enjoy this nearly so much as The Stories Julian Tells (maybe because the clever, wise father only appears at the very end?). Suddenly I'm much less excited to look for more Julian books.
Jesse Baldwin
I think at some point in time, all kids want to be a spy or secret agent. This book can help students escape reality and try to catch some actual bank robbers.
Maggiemyre
An excellent intervention book for 4th/5th grade students. Great mystery story that really engages the kids until the end.
Bailey Johannes
I have a really good friend name Julian and I liked secret agent books as a kid.
Danie P.
I love this series about Julian, his little brother and his friends. The main character is black/african american but it doesn't focus on that. Its just about kids having an adventure trying to find bad guys. I feel that there is a huge dearth in literature that allows kids to read along with a character they identify with that doesn't focus on the color of their skin. Thumbs up.
Mike Fiorentino
In my opinion of many books i've read, this one is really decent. The plot in my opinion was significantly long for a kids' book. The thing that i liked about this book is the characters attitudes. The characters have ambition to reach their goals, even if it was a waste of time. The mood of the book was rather boring in my opinion and i wasn't interested.
Joenna
When Julian, his little brother Huey, and their friend Gloria decide to be "crime busters," they find themselves in one adventure after another.

I would have given this more stars and I would have included it on our mystery booklist, but one chapter kept referencing "beer" which I don't think parents will appreciate for their 1st graders:)
Erica
I learned to love reading. I received the book for Christmas when I was in the 2nd grade from my Godmother, an english teacher. I read it over and over! I loved this book! This is the book that introduced me to reading and I still have that same tattered book from 1989.
Johnny
This is a cute children's chapter book about Julian, a young African American boy who uses a great imagination for adventure in his urban environment. The language is rather simplistic, but the storyline is fun!
Jenna
I recommend this book because it teaches you if you think someone is something, you can't always be sure.
Carol
Made my daughter want to be a secret agent, but the non-dangerous kind.
Campbell
This book was exciting, but wasn't very interesting.
Database
Database marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Holly
Holly added it
Jun 10, 2015
Amanda Young
Amanda Young marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Gabrielle
Gabrielle marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Kristine Pratt
Kristine Pratt marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Sanja
Sanja marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Ann Cameron grew up in Wisconsin. Today, she and her husband live in Guatemala. From her house she can see a waterfall and three volcanoes. Ann Cameron has been a teacher and an editor as well as a writer.

She says that writing is hardest for her at the beginning of a book. To get started, she follows this important rule for writing: "Apply seat of pants to bottom of chair."
More about Ann Cameron...

Julian (5 books)