Start by marking “Karmivan suloiset amigurumit” as Want to Read:
Karmivan suloiset amigurumit

Karmivan suloiset amigurumit

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  905 ratings  ·  106 reviews
If you're a fan of amigurumi, you already know that super-sweet crocheted bunnies and kitties and pandas have taken the indie craft world by storm. Well, the dolls in Creepy Cute Crochet eat your typical amigurumi for breakfast.

This unique craft book contains more than 25 patterns for zombies, ninjas, Vikings, vampires, aliens, robots, and even Death himself. Each easy-to

Published 2011 by Atena Kustannus Oy (first published April 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Karmivan suloiset amigurumit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Karmivan suloiset amigurumit

Wart *Rainbows, beauty, and death* Hill
GUESS WHAT I HAVE!

I will be doing a series of blog posts when I start making these called 'Adventures in Creepy Crochet" complete with pictures.

When I write my review, I will cross post said pictures here.

That is all.

ETA: Adventures in Crochet Robot should be done later today.
Nikki
Pretty much what it says on the cover: creepy, cute crochet. Too cute to really be creepy, actually, but it is a halloween sort of theme. Not entirely sure about the knight, Trojan and Spartan's inclusion... Anyway, all of these look pretty easy and quick to make, too.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
While the critters aren't nearly as cute as those in other amigurami books, the "creepy" twist is fabulous. I love the blood coming out of the vampire's mouth and the gruesome looks on the monsters. This is a good book if you like alternatives to patterns of cute bunnies and simpering kittens. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...)
Jasmine
Brenna
Christen Haden (aka: "NeedleNoodles") loves her monkeys. She also is a huge fan of her ninjas, zombies, and sea monsters. So, she wondered, why not combine these with her passion for crochet?

In CREEPY Cute Crochet, Haden brings these monsters from her fertile mind onto the glossy page of this petite volume, in hopes of transferring them from the paper therein into the homes of the book's crafty readership. The temptation to dump all prior engagements and pick up a U.S. Size E hook becomes all to
Tabitha (Pabkins)
A friend bought this for me as a present. It's perfect for a beginner but very boring for someone like me who has been crocheting amigurumi toys for a few years. All of the patterns are the same base pattern with the only difference really being the embellishments. I think there were only two in whole batch that I thought were cute. I only recommend for beginners to crochet and amigurumi toy making. But after looking at a few other such amigurumi pattern books I think that is frequently the case ...more
78sunny
Ich hatte mich sehr auf dieses Buch gefreut und es zusammen mit einer Jugendlichen ausprobiert, die keine großen Vorkenntnisse hat. Ich selbst habe bereits so einiges gehäkelt, darunter auch viele Amigurumi.

Laut Inhaltsangabe soll das Buch ja für Anfänger und Fortgeschrittene gleichermaßen geeignet sein. Dies kann ich nicht bestätigen. Leider sind die Anleitungen für Anfänger eher schwierig zu verstehen und es muss sich sehr konzentriert werden, damit man nicht in der Zeile verrutscht oder etwas
Gus
Even though its been said, this book is totally NOT for beginners (like me)! There are no how-tos and the writing is sadly much to confusing for a noobie like me. It's very sad, but hopefully in a few months I'll be able to pick it up again and understand. For now, I'm sticking with another, easier amigurumi book!
Danielle
This book is too cute! I can't wait to make some of these! I do have to note that the back of the book says that one of the patterns included is for a viking however there is no viking pattern in the book or the table of contents. Oh well. I'll have to make up my own viking then!
Valerie Sherman
Completely wonderful crochet patterns, and all very do-able. So far I've made two ninjas and a cthulhu!
Heather
oh I LOVE this, I want to make them all! Too bad I don't know how to crochet...:)
Ami
Very awesome idea. I read the book, and I'm working through the patterns right now. I started with the alien, which I deemed to be the easiest since there is only one body instead of a body and a head. On that one, the double-ply yarn and the curliness of one of the recommended yarns makes it difficult, but it comes out a cute, sturdy ball-thing. My favorite part of that pattern was the way the antenna were made. Right now I'm working on the ninja.

The symbolic patterns are a little difficult to
PBnJ
Grab this book if you're looking for a bit of a challenge and some seriously imaginative patterns! This book is chock full of crazy cute patterns that are well-written, well-photographed, and have instructions that are easy to follow. For those looking for a quick fiber fix, most of the projects can be turned around in only a day or two.

This would be a great pattern and inspiration book for a fairly experienced crocheter that likes to make cute little gewgaws and toys. Note: If you're a beginne
Grace
Creepy Cute is one of the many of hundreds of amigurumi crochet books out there on the market right now. What makes this one different is the fact that the designs center around the more Halloween-esque figures. This has everything from zombies to Cthulhu, skeletons and Medusa. All of them look adorable. There are even directions in the front of the book for special adornments for the eyes and weapons. There are also quite a few useful tips on how to fix little things, like uneven stuffing of th ...more
Lani
Cristin owns this, but I've been using it.

Absolutely adorable patterns that are a lot of fun to work with. They work up quickly and yield results within a few hours.

That being said, some of the instructions for new techniques are VERY confusing. Once you get the hang of what the author is describing, it all clicks and the methods ARE easier. But not the best explanations to get you there.

Absolutely NOT a book for a beginning crocheter. There are no 'how-to' sections, and the work is with a fairl
Farhana Faruq
Wonderful book! (Link below of what I crocheted)
There is a lot a really love about it:
- the 'creatures' are very cute
- there is actually a variety to make, from ninjas and robots, to skeletons and zombies
- they all pretty much use the same basic (head, body) pattern - so you have lots of room to come up with your own creations
- there is both a written pattern and an illustrated pattern
- they are unique - lots of amigurumi style creatures out there, but I personally haven't come across any like t
Rachel Smalter Hall
I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the tiny crocheted zombies, ninjas, and robots within these pages; this is the book that first introduced me to amigurumi. In fact, I learned how to crochet just so I could use this book. (YouTube Donna taught me.) Literary bonus points: contains an amigurumi Cthulhu.

These lil guys are very cute, and pretty simple to make even for beginning crocheters. The layout and illustrations in Creepy Cute Crochet are easy to understand, and each pattern is ca
Ris
This book is one of the most helpful crochet pattern books I've picked up to date. And Christen Haden has an adorable, quirky sense of humor--There's a super cute monkey pattern thrown into the mix just because--that made this book so enjoyable. It's wonderful! It's rare to find a pattern book where I actually WANT to read all the little blurbs and floating quotes.

The first part of the book is dedicated to discussing materials, pros and cons of different products, and options for customizing pro
Kate
I bought this book a few years ago for the library, and I had flipped through it back then. The patterns are cute but there wasn't anything I was dying to make. Then recently I decided I wanted to make the Cthulhu amigurumi. So far I haven't finished. The pattern seems to be a bit more difficult than I thought it would be, although why I thought a tentacled alien would be easy is beyond me.

The amigurumi patterns are not all horror-related, as the title says, there are ninjas and robots in additi
Devil's Playground
Favorite patterns: Queen Vampire -> Skeleton Bride & Groom -> Amazon -> Grim Reaper -> Trojan.

I like this book; it's a fun pattern book. The downside is that the patterns are clunky and not very clear, with the upside being that they're simple patterns to work once you figure out what you're supposed to be doing.

The biggest draw of this book is that it lends inspiration to original projects.
Ruby Ramone
This is a fantastic book for the beginner and seasoned Crochet artist. Very cute and clear, easy to follow instructions. The patterns are very adaptable, so you can change them to make different creatures. The projects take next to no time to complete, so they're good for last minute gifts. Cthulu is my favourite project to make in this book.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in crafts. :)
Pookpook
Nov 28, 2010 Pookpook rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Amigurumi fans around the world ^_^
Shelves: crafty
Creepy Cute Crochet is a brilliant pattern book full of seriously cute, Japanese style figures. I picked it up a few months ago and it usually takes me a while before I give a pattern a try but I couldn't wait to make these and managed 3 dolls in a week (which is very good for me!

Although the patterns are simple and well instructed a word of warning to absolute beginners - there isn't a crochet basics section with any stitches. Easily found online though as you only need to know the very basic s
Harmony Rose
A great guide to some awesome and fairly simple creepy amigurumis. So far I have made several of the creatures and loved how they all turned out. I would recommend to people who already know basic crochet stitches.
Carol Harlow
Creepy Cute Crochet has lots of fun crochet projects~

If you’re a fan of amigurumi, you already know that super-sweet crocheted bunnies and kitties and pandas have taken the indie craft world by storm. Well, the dolls in Creepy Cute Crochet eat your typical amigurumi for breakfast.

This unique craft book contains more than 20 patterns for zombies, ninjas, Vikings, vampires, aliens, robots, and even Death himself. Each easy-to-follow pattern is presented with step-by-step diagrams, hilarious commen
Chrissy  Neff
LOTS of PATTERNS for creepy cute little critters. PATTERNS are easy to follow (even for a novice "hooker", like myself!)
My personal favourite is the Cthulu pattern!
Joshua Gage
A fun, clever amigurumi book (Cthullu!!!). However, the projects take a bit too much crafting (eyes are felt, etc.) and take away from the focus on the crochet.
Kiirsi Hellewell
May 10, 2012 Kiirsi Hellewell rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all fans of crochet and amigurumi and cute toys
Super, super cute designs...even the "villains" are adorable!...and my son begs me to make him all of them. But I find the actual patterns a bit strange. Instead of the standard crochet-in-the-round stitch counts of 6, 12, 18, and so on, the numbers are weird, like 13, 15, etc. And the creatures/people are so much bigger than I thought they'd be. I expected something small that could easily fit in a palm/hand, but they're actually pretty big.

Nevertheless, I keep checking this book out of the li
Jean
A friend of mine, who knows I love to crochet, found this at the library and brought it over to show me. Creepy Cute Crochet by Christian Haden has got some of the most adorable creepy critters to make for Halloween. All of the creatures have the same basic pattern to follow for the head and body, and then there are lots of embellishments and accessories to make or add to your creation. My three favorite creatures are the skeleton bride and groom, and the corporate zombie. So, if you have a knac ...more
Mortalform
O MUCH LOVE! It's been some time since I've felt I had to buy one of the crafting books I'd checked out at the library, but the little Cthulhu doll and his undead friends are just that awesome!
Some of the patterning was inconsistent (there were not always stitch totals after each row, some times the same things were written differently in different parts of the book) but for inspiration and for actual amigrumumi guys this book was so awesome that I showed it to every person who crossed my path.
Jenn Corker
A little difficult to follow, the directions aren't incredibly clear.
  • Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make
  • Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet
  • Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker
  • Amigurumi!: Super Happy Crochet Cute
  • Tiny Yarn Animals: Amigurumi Friends to Make and Enjoy
  • Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs: 144 Circles, Hexagons, Triangles, Squares, and Other Unexpected Shapes
  • Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!: Amigurumi
  • Zombie Felties: How to Raise 16 Gruesome Felt Creatures from the Undead
  • The Crochet Stitch Bible
  • 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More
  • Amigurumi Knits: Patterns for 20 Cute Mini Knits
  • Knitting Mochimochi: 20 Super-Cute Strange Designs for Knitted Amigurumi
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Amigurumi
  • Crochet Me
  • 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix and Match
  • The Cute Book
  • Anticraft: Knitting Beading & Stitching for the Slightly Sinister
  • Domiknitrix: Whip Your Knitting Into Shape
Yummi 'Gurumi: Over 60 Gourmet Crochet Treats to Make Gourmet Crochet: 20 Gourmet Treats To Make From The Amigurumi Patisserie