Start by marking “Mein Kleiner Horrortrip: Die Kürzesten Schockgeschichten Aller Zeiten” as Want to Read:
Mein Kleiner Horrortrip: Die Kürzesten Schockgeschichten Aller Zeiten

Mein Kleiner Horrortrip: Die Kürzesten Schockgeschichten Aller Zeiten

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  1,334 ratings  ·  263 reviews
Lässt sich ein Leser in 30 Sekunden zu Tode erschrecken?
71 haarsträubende, atemnotverursachende, blutgefrierende und augenzwinkende Miniaturschocker – Horror to go!

71 Autoren und Illustratoren von Weltrang haben die literarische Herausforderung angenommen: In Mini-Prosatexten, Comics, Bildern, Gedichten und Limericks messen sie sich in der Kunst des schnellen Schauders. Da
160 pages
Published July 2011 by Beltz Gelberg (first published August 25th 2009)

Pseudonymous Bosch
Neil Gaiman
Lemony Snicket
Gail Carson Levine
Brett Helquist

I could go on forever...

So, I'm not huge on horror. Most of these stories I didn't find very horrifying... But some of my favorite authors were working on it so I just had to get it! I discovered some short, bizarre stories, none of which too scary to me, but nonetheless frightening for children under the age of ten. Except for the biscuit one.. I really didn't understand that...

Fine, I'm a huge Pseudonymous Bosch fan an
Reading Teen
One day, I was at the library with a friend and I saw this book on the shelf. Just laying there, waiting to be picked up. And, upon picking it up, there was absolutely no contemplation on whether or not I should read it. This is probably the best short story book I've read since Jon Scieszca's Guys Write for Guys Read, which I recommend to anyone of the male category. It took one night to read and, it was so good that I put off eating dinner for a whole five minutes before putting it down. And, ...more
Susan
The best description of this short book is in its index. For example:

Basements/cellars, 49, 82
Mirrors, 7, 10, 72, 98
Moans, 59, 123
Monsters, 5, 27, 72, 75, 8
Nesa Sivagnanam
I absolutely love this collection. The stories really only do take a half minute each to read and here's a sample.

The Goblin Book by Brad Meltzer

On his deathbed, my grandfather gave me The Goblin Book.
"It'll work for you," he whispered. "It will."
Don't worry. I was confused too. I didn't like creepy old grandfathers who talked in riddles. It was annoying.
But he explained how it worked. How a reader - usually a smart one - would be holding a book, lost in a story. And then the book would feel odd
bre
when you hear about a book of half-minute horrors for children, you kinda just shrug your shoulders and decide that you'll read it as a quick, easy filler in between books, right? but here's the thing: you're wrong. this book was absolutely not a buffer. it was actually creepy - and i say this as someone who reads a lot of horror books, so it's not like i'm just a wimp or something. most of these bite-sized tales were incredibly clever, and they took some quick twists and turns, and some of them ...more
Laurel
How scared can I get in thirty seconds? Well, I decided to find out. I picked up this book upon seeing the words "half-minute". This greatly appealed to my fluctuating attention span, which that day was extremely short. Overall, the stories were good; some more than others. It was interesting to see some of the big name authors that had contributed. My favorite, and in my opinion the creepiest, was "At the Water's Edge". Something about the lack of information the reader is given coupled with th ...more
Callie Rose Tyler
Is it possible to be scared in a matter of seconds....

Yes and no, some of these extremely short stories were creepy, others were weird, and one or two made me shiver. More often than not I was entertained but there were a few that just left me confused.

This collection boasts quite a few prominent names like Neil Gaiman and R.L. Stine but almost across the board I was unimpressed by what these big names had to offer with James Patterson receiving the honor of crafting my least favorite "A Grand
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Lesley for TeensReadToo.com

With over thirty stories, from one paragraph to two pages, these are written to scare kids and adults alike from your favorite Young Adult authors. Holly Black, Neil Gaiman, R.L. Stine, and even James Patterson have written for this frightening anthology.

Not only are there short stories within the book, but there are also comic strips, poems, and even haikus and limericks included in the mix to creep under your skin.

Some art in the book is drawn for you to
lacey
oh man, we never should have listened to them.

"there's nothing under the bed," they said.

"those noises are just the wind," they said.

this book was genius. like, honestly, it was really good.

the premise is that it's an anthology of short horror stories that take less than a minute to read and they're written by a huge variety of authors like Neil Gaiman, Lemony Snicket, Lauren Myracle, Joyce Carol Oates, and a ton of others. some of the stories were actual stories which were all very short, betw
Alyssa Archambo
If you’re looking for a book to read aloud to your kids (or your classroom!) during Halloween time, this is the one to pick up. It includes various genres, such as short stories, haikus, comics, limericks, etc. Also, with monsters under the bed, possessed toys, alien parents, ghosts, and a handful of other things, Half-Minute Horrors pretty much covers all the bases for creepiness.

The stories are short (I think the longest one was a little over 2 pages), yet incredibly entertaining. Yes, there a
Auggie
Quite frightening! I certainly wasn't expecting the stories the be as disturbing as they were. I suppose that I thought that horror for children had been really washed out. I base this on the fact that the "Scary Stories to Tell In the Dark" series got new covers because the old ones were apparently too horrifying for the kids.

I grew up on those scary story books and don't remember being too horrified (I was properly horrified, not too horrified).

Some of these stories went over my head a bit, I
Miss Bookiverse
Von allen Kurzgeschichtensammlungen, die ich bisher gelesen habe, ist das hier wohl meine liebste. Sie enthält über 70 Mini-Geschichten, wie der Titel schon sagt: halbminütige Horrorstories, die meisten also nur eine Seite lang. Zur Auflockerung gibt es zwischendurch auch ein paar Comics oder illustrierte Limericks.
Das Schöne an dieser Sammlung ist, dass die Geschichten sich nicht auf lustigen Kindergrusel reduzieren, sondern wirklich einige gruselige Schocker dabei sind (natürlich nicht mit Spl
Orrin Grey
I'm not usually a big fan of flash-fiction in most of its forms, but one of the places it works best is with scary stories, and the authors on the docket for this one made it something I couldn't ignore: M.T. Anderson, Holly Black, Richard Sala, Neil Gaiman, Margaret Atwood (?!), and lots, lots, lots more.

It was actually a lot of fun. The stories are all pretty slight, as you might imagine, but they're often clever, and there's a nice blend of comics, poems, one-paragraph stingers, and slightly-
Aad
Sesuai dengan judulnya Half-Minute (cerita-cerita dalam buku ini pendek-pendek dan bisa dibaca tidak lebih dari setengah menit) Horrors ( semua cerita bertema horor. Sebagian cerita benar-benar horor, sebagian lagi kurang terasa horor-nya, malah beberapa ada yang bikin senyum-senyum dan bikin bingung, karena ini buku anak-anak mungkin hal itu bisa dimaklumi.) Proyek buku ini bisa dibilang sebuah upaya persekongkolan para penulis terkenal untuk menakuiti anak-anak. :)

Ada dua cerita yang menurut s
Katie
Mar 10, 2013 Katie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any fan of the horror genre
The first time I looked at this book, I was in the library, looking for some scary stories. I picked it up. Didn't look too interesting; the cover looked a little too humorous to be scary. I almost put it down.

I am so glad that I decided to bring it home and read it.

This book really, legitimately scared me in some very clever ways.

I'm not going to pretend like I'm hard to scare. It's easy to freak me out. But this book is something more. It was clever and original and just plain fun to read.

The
Mermaidrain
I stumbled upon this book at the library in my search for kids' horror. It is full of flash fiction from a variety of authors: Neil Gaiman, Lemony Snicket, James Patterson, Adam Rex, Holly Black, Margaret Atwood, & Brian Selznick to name a few. It's fun to see the different writing styles shining through in 500 words or less (round about). It's amusing to see such a variety of children's horror stories (some even told in picture form). But it didn't thrill me as much as I'd hoped. I'm not su ...more
Nick
Incredible! All my favorite authors, all the people I followed and love, combined into one spine-tingling, sensational short-story novel. With over 50 short stories including comics, scary art, haikus, short stories and more, this sure to keep you reading for a while. Although they aren't "scary" they are entertaining and some of them are creepy enough to make you shiver for the time being. A collection of horrors is just what I needed. Seeing as though I can't decide which author to read a book ...more
Alejandra torres
i think this book is a very scary/horror book because it makes me have the shivers and makes think about more in the book.i could prove this book makes me have shivers and makes me think about more in the book because in one part of the story its says " no I'm first says the egg. no I'm first said the chicken. no i am. no i am. ok "said the chicken your first and pecked the egg seven times until you see all the yellow blood coming out from the egg." but i guess who's last "said the chicken with ...more
Tanya W
Really for older children... maybe not even for children even though they really like it and beg me to read them more. A collection of very short horror stories by various authors (some lasting 30 seconds and others 1-3 minutes).

This is a horror book, without the gory details. I thought it would be cool to read a few during the Halloween season. To me the stories are scary and some awful (not because of the writing but because of the scary content). I guess I'm not a horror story lover. I give i
Devon
For those children that can handle it, this books is ton of fun!!! But. . . .

WARNING!!! This book may not be for children under the age of 12 or anyone with an overactive imagination. Some of the stories are downright horrifying and jaw droppingly inappropriate for a younger audience even though it is suggested to be for ages 8-12. This book would scare the crap out of most 8 yos I know. The babysitter story was enough to keep me from giving this to a friend of mine with a 10 yo boy.

Parents - pl
Alyssa
This was a very cute anthology. Some of the stories did stand out. It was a very fast read, but I quite enjoyed it.

Great stories:

"The Old Man in the Picture" by Richard Sala
"The Legend of Alexandra and Rose" by Jon Klassen
"Trick" by
Katey
I picked this up thinking the promise of half-minute horrors would hold the attention span and interest of my fiance's son, but no. I would say then this book would be more for at least an age of 10+, since while some of the stories just fall flat, there are literary techniques and story telling methods that many beginning readers don't particularly grasp.

Plus, some of the stories are just too scary/creepy for young kids. I think so, anyway. And so do the goblins under my bed.
Chris
One- to two-page horror stories, some told with graphics, most without, by many of the top writers in the business today. Many hits, a few not-hits (no real misses). Quite an excellent choice for anyone looking to be scared (or find new tales to tell around the campfire). One favorite:

The Legend of Alexandra and Rose
Sumi
There's a wide range of types of scary stories in this one - some are obviously scary stories for kids, and some are the more disturbing types that you'd want to save for some of the older ones. There is a little index in the back that might be helpful when looking for a particular story, although it didn't work for the one I was looking for (there's no heading for murder, only crime"
Mcruz
Me ha gustado bastante esta colección de mini relatos de terror. Como promete el título, ninguno dura más de 2 o 3 páginas. Y hay muchísimos.
Por supuesto en una antología tan amplia no todos los relatos son de una calidad excepcional, pero muchos me han sorprendido muy gratamente. He descubierto varios nuevos autores entre los que destaca Jon Klassen. Algunos autores me han decepcionado un poco, como Neil Gaiman. Esperaba ansiosa llegar a su relato y me ha parecido de los más flojos de la antolo
Dennis
don't let the cover fool you - this one is not for younger children. the truly all-star lineup of authors and illustrators took their assignment seriously. the stories are grade-school level without being dumbed down. many of them really creeped me out. some of them could keep you awake at night.
Greg Bates
This book is basically My First Creepypasta for kids. It's made me realize the main difference between standard horror fiction and 'creepypasta' is the latter is unconsciously aping the writing style of those old Scary Stories/Tales For the Midnight Hour books we all read as kids. ...more
Michelle
These half-minute horrors were awesome. They are soo much quicker than short stories -I don't know why there aren't more of them done.They provide just the bit of a jolt you need to feel either frightened or think hmmmm.
Johara Almogbel
Excellent collection of scary stories. Some are meh, others are brilliant, and the rest is inbetween, but I enjoyed it very much. (The cover's a definite plus.)
My Sibling The My...: Half-Minute Horrors 3 5 Oct 15, 2014 01:55AM
  • Darkness Creeping: Twenty Twisted Tales
  • Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror (Tales of Terror, #1)
  • The Restless Dead: Ten Original Stories of the Supernatural
  • The Zombie Chasers (The Zombie Chasers #1)
  • The Witch's Guide to Cooking with Children
  • Ние, врабчетата
  • Guys Read: Thriller (Guys Read, #2)
  • Frankenstein Takes the Cake
  • Write This Book: A Do-It-Yourself Mystery
  • Open Mic: Riffs on Life Between Cultures in Ten Voices
  • Troll's Eye View: A Book of Villainous Tales
  • Cuentos Por Telefono
  • The Wolfman
  • Halloween
  • The Crossroads (Haunted Mystery, #1)
  • Sympathy for the Devil
  • The Wonder Book
  • The Cabinet of Curiosities: 36 Tales Brief
There is more than one author with this name
More about Susan Rich...