Start by marking “Mein Kleiner Horrortrip: Die Kürzesten Schockgeschichten Aller Zeiten” as Want to Read:
Mein Kleiner Horrortrip: Die Kürzesten Schockgeschichten Aller Zeiten

Mein Kleiner Horrortrip: Die Kürzesten Schockgeschichten Aller Zeiten

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,506 Ratings  ·  292 Reviews
Lässt sich ein Leser in 30 Sekunden zu Tode erschrecken?
71 haarsträubende, atemnotverursachende, blutgefrierende und augenzwinkende Miniaturschocker – Horror to go!

71 Autoren und Illustratoren von Weltrang haben die literarische Herausforderung angenommen: In Mini-Prosatexten, Comics, Bildern, Gedichten und Limericks messen sie sich in der Kunst des schnellen Schauders. Da
160 pages
Published July 2011 by Beltz Gelberg (first published August 25th 2009)

Oct 22, 2010 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pseudonymous Bosch
Neil Gaiman
Lemony Snicket
Gail Carson Levine
Brett Helquist

I could go on forever...

So, I'm not huge on horror. Most of these stories I didn't find very horrifying... But some of my favorite authors were working on it so I just had to get it! I discovered some short, bizarre stories, none of which too scary to me, but nonetheless frightening for children under the age of ten. Except for the biscuit one.. I really didn't understand that...

Fine, I'm a huge Pseudonymous Bosch fan an
Reading Teen
Feb 16, 2011 Reading Teen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One day, I was at the library with a friend and I saw this book on the shelf. Just laying there, waiting to be picked up. And, upon picking it up, there was absolutely no contemplation on whether or not I should read it. This is probably the best short story book I've read since Jon Scieszca's Guys Write for Guys Read, which I recommend to anyone of the male category. It took one night to read and, it was so good that I put off eating dinner for a whole five minutes before putting it down. And, ...more
Susan
Jan 13, 2011 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best description of this short book is in its index. For example:

Basements/cellars, 49, 82
Mirrors, 7, 10, 72, 98
Moans, 59, 123
Monsters, 5, 27, 72, 75, 8
❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄
Not even a minute to scare you... coolio.

Nesa Sivagnanam
Feb 16, 2011 Nesa Sivagnanam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this collection. The stories really only do take a half minute each to read and here's a sample.

The Goblin Book by Brad Meltzer

On his deathbed, my grandfather gave me The Goblin Book.
"It'll work for you," he whispered. "It will."
Don't worry. I was confused too. I didn't like creepy old grandfathers who talked in riddles. It was annoying.
But he explained how it worked. How a reader - usually a smart one - would be holding a book, lost in a story. And then the book would feel odd
Taha
Aug 29, 2015 Taha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ÇOK KORKUNÇTU!!!
description
-Tam aradığım türde bir kitaptı bu: Lafı uzatmadan, birkaç cümle ve/veya paragraf ile etkileyici hikayelerin anlatıldığı bir kitap. Ama ben kapağına aldanıp, daha çok çocuklara yönelik bir korku kitabı olduğunu sandım. Yanılmışım.
-Kitabı dün gece, küçük yeğenlerimi korkuttuğum karanlık apartman boşluğuna bakan kapkaranlık odada evdeki herkes uyurken okumaya başladım. Daha ilk birkaç hikayeden itibaren tırsmaya başladım.
description
-Biraz sonra dışarda gök gürleyip şimşekler çakmaya da başla
Anne
Apr 13, 2016 Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good for reading aloud to kids. Especially at night!
Laurel
Oct 12, 2009 Laurel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
How scared can I get in thirty seconds? Well, I decided to find out. I picked up this book upon seeing the words "half-minute". This greatly appealed to my fluctuating attention span, which that day was extremely short. Overall, the stories were good; some more than others. It was interesting to see some of the big name authors that had contributed. My favorite, and in my opinion the creepiest, was "At the Water's Edge". Something about the lack of information the reader is given coupled with th ...more
jasmine
when you hear about a book of half-minute horrors for children, you kinda just shrug your shoulders and decide that you'll read it as a quick, easy filler in between books, right? but here's the thing: you're wrong. this book was absolutely not a buffer. it was actually creepy - and i say this as someone who reads a lot of horror books, so it's not like i'm just a wimp or something. most of these bite-sized tales were incredibly clever, and they took some quick twists and turns, and some of them ...more
Callie Rose Tyler
Is it possible to be scared in a matter of seconds....

Yes and no, some of these extremely short stories were creepy, others were weird, and one or two made me shiver. More often than not I was entertained but there were a few that just left me confused.

This collection boasts quite a few prominent names like Neil Gaiman and R.L. Stine but almost across the board I was unimpressed by what these big names had to offer with James Patterson receiving the honor of crafting my least favorite "A Grand
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Lesley for TeensReadToo.com

With over thirty stories, from one paragraph to two pages, these are written to scare kids and adults alike from your favorite Young Adult authors. Holly Black, Neil Gaiman, R.L. Stine, and even James Patterson have written for this frightening anthology.

Not only are there short stories within the book, but there are also comic strips, poems, and even haikus and limericks included in the mix to creep under your skin.

Some art in the book is drawn for you to
Alyssa Archambo
If you’re looking for a book to read aloud to your kids (or your classroom!) during Halloween time, this is the one to pick up. It includes various genres, such as short stories, haikus, comics, limericks, etc. Also, with monsters under the bed, possessed toys, alien parents, ghosts, and a handful of other things, Half-Minute Horrors pretty much covers all the bases for creepiness.

The stories are short (I think the longest one was a little over 2 pages), yet incredibly entertaining. Yes, there a
Madison
Nov 08, 2015 Madison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Half-Minute Horrors" by Lemony Snicket and more is a lot of stories that are scarier than the last. This book had me on the edge of my seat through each and every one of these stories. I recommend "An Easy Gig" by M.T Anderson. This is one of my favorite stories in this book because it has the modern day teenager laziness and I like the more modern day stories. Another one I recommend is "My Worst Nightmare" by R.L. Stine. I liked this story because it's the typical horror story. Your worst nig ...more
Daisy
Oooh, scary. I love the idea of this book and I think some really interesting results came out of it. I found many of the stories to be predictable, repetitive and just plain stupid, but most of them were pretty cool and there were some really great ones, so I would say this book is worth the read if you're interested. I read the first 20 pages or so of stories at night by candlelight, and I actually ended up being really freaked out. The story 'An Easy Gig' by M. T. Anderson disturbed me so muc ...more
Tracy Gomez
"Half -Minute Horrors" was about scary, creepy, and spooky stories. Some of them were good and pretty creepy but some of them were not so creepy and not so good. Some good short stories were, "The Chicken or the Egg", " The Old Man in the Picture", " Grand Entrance", "Tenton", Hank", and a lot of other ones. My favorite one was, "An Easy Gig". It was mostly creepy. The shorter stories and the poems are really easy to read. Some of the stories are hard to understand. " Halloween Mask" was hard to ...more
Auggie
Jul 02, 2015 Auggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite frightening! I certainly wasn't expecting the stories the be as disturbing as they were. I suppose that I thought that horror for children had been really washed out. I base this on the fact that the "Scary Stories to Tell In the Dark" series got new covers because the old ones were apparently too horrifying for the kids.

I grew up on those scary story books and don't remember being too horrified (I was properly horrified, not too horrified).

Some of these stories went over my head a bit, I
Miss Bookiverse
Von allen Kurzgeschichtensammlungen, die ich bisher gelesen habe, ist das hier wohl meine liebste. Sie enthält über 70 Mini-Geschichten, wie der Titel schon sagt: halbminütige Horrorstories, die meisten also nur eine Seite lang. Zur Auflockerung gibt es zwischendurch auch ein paar Comics oder illustrierte Limericks.
Das Schöne an dieser Sammlung ist, dass die Geschichten sich nicht auf lustigen Kindergrusel reduzieren, sondern wirklich einige gruselige Schocker dabei sind (natürlich nicht mit Spl
Orrin Grey
Apr 25, 2010 Orrin Grey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not usually a big fan of flash-fiction in most of its forms, but one of the places it works best is with scary stories, and the authors on the docket for this one made it something I couldn't ignore: M.T. Anderson, Holly Black, Richard Sala, Neil Gaiman, Margaret Atwood (?!), and lots, lots, lots more.

It was actually a lot of fun. The stories are all pretty slight, as you might imagine, but they're often clever, and there's a nice blend of comics, poems, one-paragraph stingers, and slightly-
Aad
Nov 16, 2012 Aad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Sesuai dengan judulnya Half-Minute (cerita-cerita dalam buku ini pendek-pendek dan bisa dibaca tidak lebih dari setengah menit) Horrors ( semua cerita bertema horor. Sebagian cerita benar-benar horor, sebagian lagi kurang terasa horor-nya, malah beberapa ada yang bikin senyum-senyum dan bikin bingung, karena ini buku anak-anak mungkin hal itu bisa dimaklumi.) Proyek buku ini bisa dibilang sebuah upaya persekongkolan para penulis terkenal untuk menakuiti anak-anak. :)

Ada dua cerita yang menurut s
Katie
Mar 10, 2013 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any fan of the horror genre
The first time I looked at this book, I was in the library, looking for some scary stories. I picked it up. Didn't look too interesting; the cover looked a little too humorous to be scary. I almost put it down.

I am so glad that I decided to bring it home and read it.

This book really, legitimately scared me in some very clever ways.

I'm not going to pretend like I'm hard to scare. It's easy to freak me out. But this book is something more. It was clever and original and just plain fun to read.

The
Sam Williamson
Most of the stories were just really not even entertaining, never mind scary. Even for children. The ones that were vaguely unsettling relies more on gross out horror than anything else. I was pretty let down considering I enjoy a lot of the authors that contributed and really liking short form horror. Oh well.
Alejandra torres
i think this book is a very scary/horror book because it makes me have the shivers and makes think about more in the book.i could prove this book makes me have shivers and makes me think about more in the book because in one part of the story its says " no I'm first says the egg. no I'm first said the chicken. no i am. no i am. ok "said the chicken your first and pecked the egg seven times until you see all the yellow blood coming out from the egg." but i guess who's last "said the chicken with ...more
Renee
read it to my six and 12 year olds they loved it. some stories were funny, some dumb and quite creepy.
Tanya W
Oct 28, 2011 Tanya W rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
Really for older children... maybe not even for children even though they really like it and beg me to read them more. A collection of very short horror stories by various authors (some lasting 30 seconds and others 1-3 minutes).

This is a horror book, without the gory details. I thought it would be cool to read a few during the Halloween season. To me the stories are scary and some awful (not because of the writing but because of the scary content). I guess I'm not a horror story lover. I give i
Devon
Nov 12, 2009 Devon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
For those children that can handle it, this books is ton of fun!!! But. . . .

WARNING!!! This book may not be for children under the age of 12 or anyone with an overactive imagination. Some of the stories are downright horrifying and jaw droppingly inappropriate for a younger audience even though it is suggested to be for ages 8-12. This book would scare the crap out of most 8 yos I know. The babysitter story was enough to keep me from giving this to a friend of mine with a 10 yo boy.

Parents - pl
Alyssa
Nov 05, 2011 Alyssa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-review
This was a very cute anthology. Some of the stories did stand out. It was a very fast read, but I quite enjoyed it.

Great stories:

"Trick" by
Casey J
Jan 28, 2016 Casey J rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favs
I read this book in a group that I hated, in a after school program I hated, and as someone who really couldn't stand horror novels I was fully prepared to hate this book, and when the majority of my group wanted to read it I was so disappointed.
Of course, since I gave it five stars you know there's a plot twist coming and the plot twist was that I of course loved it. The stories were as promised, pretty damn short so if you sort of want to keep reading them all in a row, you can do that since e
Katey
I picked this up thinking the promise of half-minute horrors would hold the attention span and interest of my fiance's son, but no. I would say then this book would be more for at least an age of 10+, since while some of the stories just fall flat, there are literary techniques and story telling methods that many beginning readers don't particularly grasp.

Plus, some of the stories are just too scary/creepy for young kids. I think so, anyway. And so do the goblins under my bed.
Chris
One- to two-page horror stories, some told with graphics, most without, by many of the top writers in the business today. Many hits, a few not-hits (no real misses). Quite an excellent choice for anyone looking to be scared (or find new tales to tell around the campfire). One favorite:

The Legend of Alexandra and Rose
Sumi
There's a wide range of types of scary stories in this one - some are obviously scary stories for kids, and some are the more disturbing types that you'd want to save for some of the older ones. There is a little index in the back that might be helpful when looking for a particular story, although it didn't work for the one I was looking for (there's no heading for murder, only crime"
My Sibling The My...: Half-Minute Horrors 9 13 Oct 24, 2015 07:35AM
  • Darkness Creeping: Twenty Twisted Tales
  • The Restless Dead: Ten Original Stories of the Supernatural
  • Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror (Tales of Terror, #1)
  • The Zombie Chasers (The Zombie Chasers #1)
  • Sympathy for the Devil
  • Troll's Eye View: A Book of Villainous Tales
  • Guys Read: Thriller (Guys Read, #2)
  • A Dignity of Dragons
  • Ние, врабчетата
  • Frankenstein Takes the Cake
  • Cuentos por teléfono
  • Shelf Life: Fantastic Stories Celebrating Bookstores
  • Liar, Liar: The Theory, Practice and Destructive Properties of Deception (Liar, Liar, #1)
  • The Witch's Guide to Cooking with Children
  • Aligned (Immortal Essence, #0.5)
  • The 13 Best Horror Stories of All Time
  • Write This Book: A Do-It-Yourself Mystery
  • The Wonder Book
There is more than one author with this name
More about Susan Rich...