Start by marking “Borderline” as Want to Read:
Borderline

Borderline

Presents a story of a normal boy in a crazy world - a fast-paced world of high-tech gismos, global air travel and antibiotics, a world in which high schools have replaced cafeterias with fast food counters and the scourges of autism, asthma, allergies, diabetes and obesity are the norm.
Published June 1st 2007 by Porcupine's Quill (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Borderline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Borderline

Vicki (The Wolf's Den)
Aug 28, 2011 Vicki (The Wolf's Den) rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Vicki by: Bonnie Rozanski
Amazon ~ Powell's ~ Jan's Paperbacks

This book was the very first author request I ever received for my blog. I probably knew then and there that it wasn't for me. I'm not much on realistic fiction—not enough escape for me. But it claimed to feature a wolf, and it had one on the cover, so despite my reservations, I said I would give it a try.

Unfortunately I was right, this book wasn't really for me.

Guy Ritter is a typical twelve-year-old boy. He doesn't pay attention in school, doesn't go out of
Glenn
Oct 15, 2007 Glenn rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
In Bonnie Rozanski's “Borderline” we see several children's powerlessness to control what occurs in their life, oft-times leaving them stunned and dismayed by changes around them. At one point Guy laments “Parents keep trying to force their kids to do what's good for them, but all that's about is what the parents want, not what the kids want, and that's not fair...” If you have a teen, or are one, you can surely imagine heads nodding in agreement and recognition.

Bonnie displays a pure grasp of t
P.
Oct 05, 2013 P. rated it it was ok
I picked this up in a bookstore in Canada because it was published by a Canadian publisher and looked kind of old school. Then I brought it home and read the preface and thought "oh boy, this is going to be a vaccine/autism conspiracy book, I better read it quick before I never read it". It ended up not buying into the vaccine/autism conspiracy but it did buy into infodumping like nobody's business. so, yeah. not my best bookstore choice.
Louise Marley
Jul 01, 2012 Louise Marley rated it it was amazing
Terrific read, with plenty to offer young readers and even more, I think, for older ones. The book is a persuasive blend of great voice, high stakes, and solid scientific underpinning. Rozanski uses autism as a focus to explore family issues as well as environmental ones, and does it in the most entertaining way, with a thirteen-year-old protagonist who is smart and funny and painfully human. BORDERLINE reminds me yet again why I love reading young adult and middle-grade fiction.
Carrie Martin
Carrie Martin rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2013
Porcupine's Quill
Porcupine's Quill rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2011
Dave Andersen
Dave Andersen rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
Rhiana
Rhiana rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2011
Hiromi
Hiromi rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2011
Robert Beveridge
Robert Beveridge rated it it was ok
Jan 10, 2008
Ashlee
Ashlee rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2013
Amanda Olson
Amanda Olson rated it it was ok
Nov 30, 2014
Christine Zelenak
Christine Zelenak rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2011
Sarah Ponari
Sarah Ponari rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2012
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2009
Krysta
Krysta marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2009
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2010
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
May 03, 2010
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
May 08, 2011
Jan
Jan added it
May 01, 2012
Anthea
Anthea marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2012
Edna
Edna marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2012
Debbie Cenotti
Debbie Cenotti marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2012
Denise Stewart
Denise Stewart marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2013
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2013
Jade M.
Jade M. marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Greg
Greg marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Elder Tome
Elder Tome marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2017
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Catherine Burton
Catherine Burton marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Beverly
Beverly marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Stephanie Clarke
Stephanie Clarke marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Book Haven: Coming-of-age award winner free on Amazon 3/6-7 5 13 Mar 06, 2013 07:56AM
Bonnie is an author and prize-winning playwright currently living in New Jersey. Born in Queens, New York, she has lived in Hong Kong, Canada, and all over the US. With degrees in Psychology and Artificial Intelligence, always fascinated by the human mind, Bonnie writes on matters touching on consciousness and the human condition.

BANANA KISS, Bonnie's debut novel, told from the point of view of a
More about Bonnie Rozanski...