Just My Blood Type
read book

Just My Blood Type

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Romance author Therese von Willegen is bored out of her mind in her motel room. When she receives a mysterious text message telling her to meet a stranger at a bar called Pale Rider, she isn't at all prepared for the hunk of tall, dark and looming who's waiting for her.

Xan Marcelles thinks it's quite amusing when a literary agent asks him to interview her author. After al...more
Published June 22nd 2011 by Smashwords

Mav Skye
It’s the scene Crooked Fang fans crave. Vamp, Xan Marcelles, meets his match in a witty dance of dialogue with erotic author, Therése. The story switches back and forth between the two in a sultry give and take building to a climax that gives the title its name’s sake. For the price of only intoxicating your senses, Carrie Clevenger and Nerine Dorman deliver one hell of a story.
Jason Coggins
The classic boy meets girl "say, what bands are you into?" conversation but crafted with style enough to make you forget they've thrown a blood sucker into the mix. The dialogue is so compellingly convincing, when you finish this read you either have to acknowledge that here are two writers who know their respective characters inside out ... or there's a lone tavern out in the backwaters of god-knows-where with its own resident - smart arse - undead bass player.
Ava Riley
Absolutely loved this read! I felt as if I were sitting in the bar eavesdropping on the goings on of Therese and Xan and enjoying every moment of it. It's a nice short read and I can't wait to read more about Xan. He is a hot vampire I'd willingly offer over my neck and anything else he'd want.

I highly recommend this book!

Heather Wildman
I loved the way this collaboration flowed together. Highly recommend.

I've been a fan of the Xan for a while, so this little double entendre was a lovely way to spend a quiet afternoon. For anyone who hasn't has a chance to check out Carrie's stories, find a way to do so.
Noor Jahangir
This is Gothic Romance but at the cutting edge. If you're looking for Twilight fan fiction then you better go look somewhere else. If anything, this feels more like the True Blood books and TV serial. The writing is typically excellent, as expected from these two authors, reading flawlessly so that it isn't obvious that it was written collaboratively. The sexiness simmers under the surface for most of the story but never really boils over. There are also questions left unanswered in that Therese...more
William Copley
This has/is the best dialogue - internal monologue, shifted dialogue - I have ever read. It hits me like some of the best stories from Neil Gaiman's Sandman series, Anne Rice's Interview with a Vampire, Memnoch the Devil, or A Lee Martinez' Monster... and I expect will stay in my mind as long as those have. Both of the two main characters are highly interesting, dynamic, witty people. Super sharp and intuitive. Fictional, but they come off as entirely real. One is left wondering if the authors h...more
Shannon MacLeod
This was one of the most fun reads I’ve had in a while. Now admittedly, I’m carrying a major crush on Xan (but honestly, who wouldn’t? Tall, dark and fangsome *swoons*) but don’t let my bias fool you. This is a well crafted story with characters that take on a life of their own. Therese has just enough snark and sass to hold her own with the broody vamp and their dialogue and interplay is electrically charged with heat. The dual perspective is fantastic. Carrie and Nerine – well done!

I’d love to...more
Cari Silverwood
What a brilliant little short story. Innovative and adventurous. I know both Nerine and Carrie and I'm in awe of the way they've woven their own book characters and personas into this story of vampire meets romance novelist. That it seems real and gritty and as if the reader is having a conversation down at their local bar or cafe is a tribute to their skills. Bravo. My only (sigh) downer was towards the end, a deliberate omission that my lust-filled little heart yearned for. Otherwise the endin...more
Maria Keast
Fun, quick read. I loved the storyline. Carrie and Nerine did a great job of bringing these charters to life. Therese is witty, and fun. Xan has a great sense of humor with a "bite" of quirky. I have to say that Xan Marcelles is my favorite character. Can't wait to see what tall, dark, and looming has up his sleeve in Crooked Fang.......
Synde
Fun and flirty, blue collar musician Xan Marcelles has a secret.. Living in the backwoods of Colorado he plays bass in a band..smokes and drinks whiskey.. Full of humor and a bit of heat, this short story preps for the full length book out in 2012! Oh and that secret..read it and find out... Im not allowed to tell!
Nerine Dorman
Jun 22, 2011 Nerine Dorman rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Okay, so I'm biased, but who gives a damn. This was fun to write and the five stars go to my co-author, who's created Crooked Fang and the very delectable Xan Marcelles. Go check him out at http://www.crookedfang.com

Even better, it's free download available to our readers.
Christel Grady
Fucking awesome! I dig that girl, Therese, and I'm pretty sure Xan does to. What an awesome idea of the dual narrative, and a very distinct way to get a variety of readers into Crooked Fang. And I adored the final line, "It's been awhile since I had type O negative."
Ernie
This is a really fun read. The characters play off each other in a way that makes your pulse quicken and hands get a little sweaty. It's a quick little taste that leaves you wanting more. I will be reading more of both these authors in the future.
Sonya Clark
Loved this short story! It's got a great concept and terrific writing from both authors. I look forward to more of Xan when Crooked Fang is released.
Icy Sedgwick
Just My Blood Type tells the story of an encounter between the moody Mr Marcelles and romance author Therése von Willegen. The story takes it in turns to leap back and forth between Nerine Dorman's Therése, and Carrie Clevenger's Xan, giving us a unique insight into our dual protagonists. The steady banter ups the sexual tension between the pair as they trade innuendo at the Pale Rider bar, in Pinecliffe, Colorado.

Just My Blood Type rattles along at a good pace, letting both characters (and thei...more
Dorothy Shaw
Well done!! Absolutely fantastic. I am so beyond proud of Carrie.

Xan is a force to be reckoned with and I cannot wait for his book! This story was so adorable. Just a taste... a small glimpse into Xan's world.

He's the perfect character and I absolutely adore him. Therese is pretty cute too!
Lindsay Klug
This was an amazing short story that kept me intrigued from beginning to end. The two characters could not have been better played out, and I would love to have seen this exchange in person. I highly recommend this one.
Lux Zakari
A fun, clever approach to the biography/interview approach re: Therese von Willegen. Already familiar with and love Dorman's style, and a good intro for me to Clevenger.
Suz
Fun freebie available for download on Smashwords! Male lead character will be primary protagonist in Crooked Fang by Carrie Clevenger, to be released August 20, 2012.
Susan A.
It was a free short story, so I can't complain about the length, except I'd loved for it to have been longer ... I'm addicted to Xan, what can I say?
Eva
My complete review can be found on my blog.

Lissy
I really enjoyed the two perspectives. I enjoy reading when the story makes me think.
Dylan
A short read, but it’s uniquely Carrie Clevenger and that makes it a must read. You can get through this in one sitting and you won’t be bored with it because the prose will hold you captivated and the musings of Crooked Fang bassist Xan Marcelles—a self-confessed asshole, but also a vampire—will hold you amused if nothing else does.

Xan has to interview romance novelist Therése von Willegen, and it’s a Q&A session loaded with innuendo. It has an inevitable conclusion but this was the story’s...more
Tiki
Nice little short.... an interview & mutually beneficial hook-up.....still liking Xan's laid back vamp vibe!
Mariana
WTF did I just read?

description

It had real potential..
They talk and talk and bore your brains out, and when you get to the good part, where they're supposed to hook up....nothing. NADA.
You get the suspense and wait for the hot sex scene and then you basically read: then we slept together.
???
And we don't even get to see her reaction when she realizes he's a vampire??
Cozen
Cozen marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Courtbey
Courtbey is currently reading it
Jun 12, 2014
Chanelle
Chanelle is currently reading it
Jun 05, 2014
Taya
Taya is currently reading it
May 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
3520560
Carrie Clevenger enjoys documentaries, non-fiction, Blue Moon, music, and coffee. Sometimes she writes poetry and short stories that have bad endings. She's the elusive sort and has a horrid fear of meeting people, but socialization isn't exactly how good books are written. Carrie is the author of the Crooked Fang series and has many more awful things planned.

More about Carrie Clevenger...
Crooked Fang (Crooked Fang) Blood and Fire Traitors Chances Are: A Roman Dalton Yarn Nothing but Flowers: Tales of Post Apocalyptic Love

“I'll even let her tie me to a chair if it'll make her feel better.” 2 likes
“Her gaze follows my every move. I think she can feel something is weird but hasn’t put her finger on it yet. Maybe she’s seen my fangs and written them off as gimmick. I fucking love gimmicks. They’re so convenient to hide behind.” 1 likes