Guardian Agent (Agents Under Fire #1)

Guardian Agent (Agents Under Fire #1)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  282 ratings  ·  39 reviews
When Gabe Cannon's commando team is tasked with bringing down a rogue soldier, he doesn't expect to come face-to-face with the target's sister at the showdown instead of the man himself.

Jasmine is trying to lead the team away from her injured brother. Recognizing one of the hunters as her teenage crush is definitely a shock to her system. To save her family, she must convi...more
Published (first published June 17th 2011)

Shelley
Slight spoiler*

Great premise which fulfilled expectations right up until the very near end.
Why? For the love of God, do authors feel the need to go for the over the top incredulous, cheesy endearments which always lends to a gruff snort from me!
There was nothing from the MC to indicate his emotions for the Heroine where anything other than lusty and appreciative.
The whole insta-love thing turns a sexy, fun, entertaining and action packed novella into a unrealistic pile of drivel and makes me h...more
Lisa
Aug 25, 2011 Lisa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
This is a fast moving book. It's was way to short for me. Sexy as hell Gabe ( see the cover) was a once in the Army and then after the FBI and finally a private security firm. He finds himself in Venice looking for a old Army buddy who has gone AWOL and is wanted dead and not alive. Something seems fishy to Gabe the longer he gets into this OP. He finds himself face to face with who he thinks is his old friend Jake Tekla but it's not it's his sister Jasmine. Before he can find out anything she e...more
Paula Graves
This short novella started with a bang and the tension never let up. Marton is an accomplished thriller writer, and it shows. Everytime I promised myself I'd stop and turn out the light, I kept reading just one more page.

My only complaint was that the story just wasn't long enough to suit me. The relationship between the characters barely had time to evolve at all before the story ended with the assumption that they were now going to be a couple. I'd have liked a little more fleshing out of the...more
Linda
Gabe Cannon Felt Something Was Wrong As He Sneaked Quietly On A Church Roof In Venice, Brent The Team Leader Ordered Him To Take A Kill Shot. As A Former Solider And A Former FBI Agent, He Did Not Want To Kill Recklessly As He Had Killed Way Too Much Trying To Say Alive Yet Destroyed North Village And Left Widows And Orphans To Fend For Themselves. Gabe Waited For His Chance To Take His Former Friend Down And Ignored The Thought That They Knew Each Other, Served Together But Jake Tekla Was AWOL...more
In Guardian Angel, Jasmine is on the run with her little sister Mandy and their big brother Jake, an AWOL Special Ops soldier who has been framed for murder. Jake's former Army buddy Gabe is on the contract mercenary team assigned to find him. But Gabe is getting suspicious of his team leader's motives, and when Jasmine finds Gabe and asks for his help, his instinctive response is to help her. He remembers her as a teenager, but she has grown into a beautiful and brave woman desperate to save he...more
Jeannie L
This is my first book by Dana Marton and you can be sure it won't be my last.

I was caught in the fast moving story of this novella. Gabe, who is ex Military and ex FBI, is now working for a private securities firm and they are on a mission in Venice to capture a soldier who went AWOL. Coincidentally, the rogue soldier Jake, happened to be an old Army friend.

On one of their stakeouts, Gabe thought they were closing in on Jake only to realize the person was his sister, Jasmine. But before he could...more
Kathy
I loved this fast paced action novella infused with a budding romance! You will fall in love with Agent Gabe Cannon, ex- FBI, ex-US Army, as he is determined to discover why his new employer has a vengeance to kill Jake Telka and his innocent sisters. As Gabe discovers the truth, he makes saving Telka and his sisters, especially Telka's sister Jasmine, from harm his mission! Loved this quick read and can't wait to start on Book 2 of this series!
Elisa
3.5 stars: Liked it

This was a fast read, decent plot, nice characters and the right amount of action and suspence to keep me intrigued. The only real flaw in this story was the love story part.
Jasmine had a crush on the Gabe when she was a teenager 10 years ago...in the recent past in the story she has been sexually abused at the point when she recoils from men's touch...still she doesn't overthink about kissing, touching and planning a future with Gabe just days (hell, we could even say hours...more
Ariella
Very good book.
Kris hancock
Wonderful book!!
Caro
This was a really good freebie. I've had it for a while and was just now getting to it. I really liked the characters and the story. There was plenty of action, emotions, suspense, good characters and a good ending. I would most definitely want to read more in this series. This had me holding my breath in parts, my muscles twitching (for all the good it would have really done me), had me thinking awwww a little, thinking hurry, hurry, had me expelling a whoosh a couple of times and a smile at th...more
Tiffany
I bought this novella when is was bundled with the next two in the series and free (yay!). This one is about Gabe, but we meet Troy and Jake (the next two novellas).

Gabe is on a mission. This is his first mission with a private company that takes contracts from any who can pay. This one is from the U.S. government. They are after a former army buddy of Gabe's who has gone rogue. The story begins as Gabe is entering a building that is supposed to have the bad guy and Gabe gets the order to "shoot...more
Leslee Anderson
For a short novella it's ok. I'm alittle disappointed because there wasn't much to hold on to to keep everything rolling. Novellas are short and sweet but it was too short. It was much to ask for the characters to trust as much as they needed to before the end.
Dorel
This is the 1st book I read by Dana Marton. This book's story line was really good. This book started off great. This was filled with action until the end. When I first started read this book I wasn't sure if Gabe was good or bad.
Donna
This is a good story told in a short to the point action packed way. Would have loved it to be longer, but I know that Dana Marton has other books in this Agents Under Fire series. On the Nook this book has 141 pages.

When Gabe Cannon's commando team is tasked with bringing down a rogue solider, he doesn't expect to come face-to-face with the target's sister at the showdown instead of the man himself.

Lori
A decent story, and the suspense plot intrigued me. But it was so short that the romance (over a few hours) was not believable. Sure, Jasmine had loved Gabe when she was a teenager, but there was no basis for an adult love there. Especially on Gabe's part, since he hadn't had any romantic feelings fir his friend Jake's sister back in the day. If the next book (Jake's) is a full-length, I would be willing to read it. I'd like to see if Marton can deliver a good romance with a higher page count. A...more
Christy
This was a good, quick read. It was an interesting story with lots of action and just enough romance. The end seemed abrupt, and though I know this is part of a series, it seemed a little unfinished. It definitely made me read the next one! While I enjoyed the story and the characters, it was missing the something special I needed to really get into it and rate it higher. There was nothing wrong with the style or the story, it just could have been something exceptional and wasn't.
Glmomich
Just the right amount of romance and suspense.
Pam H
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Short, intense and gripping. I was drawn into this short story quickly and thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. This is my third book by Dana Morton and I find each book as good and enticing as the next. Soldier good guy saving the heroine in general terms but fresh and absorbing. I eagerly look forward to my next read by this author.
Amanda
Jan 23, 2012 Amanda rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: won
After reading "The Black Sheep Sheik" I was wowed by her writing. In this one, I won a book that is Three In One Bundle. I'm not sure if its leaving out some information so it would fit into 3 in 1 book. I was little slightly disappointed. I thought it needed more. I am currently reading the 2nd story.
SheLove2Read
117 pgs. Short romsusp. It wasn't exactly bad, just didn't wow me in any way. I felt like I've read this same plot before, and better done, than this one. Hero was a bit boring and the ending a tad over the top. 2.5 stars
Probably won't be reading anything else by this author / cannot recommend.
Serena
This was really good for a short story! I am always wishing they were longer I am hoping to get a little more with the next book. I really enjoyed it. This is the first book I have read by this author I will be reading more.
P.e.
closes out the story and all three agents are able through the missions to overcome a past issue. This also ends there mission as they find the person they are looking for. Good three books.
KK
This was a fun, quick read! While I thought the main characters' relationship was quick to develop, I really liked all the characters, and am looking forward to the series' next story.
Linda
For a short story, this was a great read with both good character and plot development and nonstop action. I am looking forward to the next book in this series.
Sue
Very enjoyable...short, suspenseful, a little rushed but interesting story. Would have enjoyed it more if the relationship took a little longer to develop.
Kathy
Quick read but good. Cuts off in the end, to be continued in the other novellas. I definitely want to find out how it all ends.
Beth
I liked her writing style, and the storyline was great. I just wish this book would've been a lot longer.
Emily
Only 60 pages. It had the potential to be a good story but was basically just the outline.
  • Breaking Free (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #1)
  • The Protector (Crossfire, #1)
  • Curiosity Killed The Kat (Katherine Flynn, #1)
  • Safe in His Arms (Manhunt, #1)
  • Dangerous Kisses
  • Playing With Fire (All Fired Up #1)
  • The Huntress
  • SEAL Under Covers (SEAL Brotherhood #3)
  • Dirty Little Christmas (Marisela Morales/Dirty, #3)
  • Chasing Shadows (Shadow Ops, #1)
  • Come as You Are
  • Nightfall
  • Jimmy (Red, Hot & Blue, #3)
  • Deadly Fall (The 19th Precinct, #1)
  • Someone To Watch Over Me
Dana Marton writes fast-paced action-adventure romances that take her readers all over the globe. She is a Rita Award finalist and the winner of the Daphne du Maurier Award of Excellence. She loves writing stories of intrigue, filled with dangerous plots that try her tough-as-nails heroes and the special women they fall in love with. Her books have been published in seven languages in eleven coun...more
More about Dana Marton...
Deathscape (Broslin Creek, #2) The Third Scroll (Hardstorm Saga, #1) Deathwatch (Broslin Creek, #1) Deathtrap (Broslin Creek, #3) Agents Under Fire