Start by marking “The Sedona Method: Your Key to Lasting Happiness, Success, Peace and Emotional Well-Being” as Want to Read:

Foreword by Jack Canfield: I have been hearing wonderful things about the Sedona MethodA(r) from clients and friends for about 20 years. Recently, I finally took the course with my wife and my 12-year-old son. I've been amazed at the simplicity of the Method and the powerful impact it has had on my life. Through my work with Chicken Soup for the Soul and through Self-Estee ...more
Published June 19th 2014 by Sedona Press (first published August 28th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Sedona Method, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sedona Method

Lee Sinclair
Oct 04, 2011 Lee Sinclair rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
The "Sedona Method" is a really simple technique for handling emotions. But just because it's simple,it doesn't necessarily mean it's easy. You'll probably either understand and like the book or it just won't resonate with you. It's also more of a workbook, than a read-through book, and you're encouraged to go ahead and try it, rather than over-think things.

I've read bunches of both "spiritual" books and "self-help" books. This is kind of a crossover book which gives practical help from a semi-
Dean C. Moore
Mar 08, 2015 Dean C. Moore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The subtitle of this book is: Your Key to Lasting Happiness, Success, Peace and Emotional Well-being. That’s a pretty fair assessment of how I feel about the techniques given as exercises in the book. Just be mindful, there’s work to be done. The author gives you some great reasoning and rationales behind how the various meditative practices will help you, but in the end, not all that much comes from understanding if you don’t take the time to practice with the exercises.

This is one of those bo
Lael
Wonderful work for both personal and professional development.
Julia
Sep 05, 2008 Julia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like this book because it combines A New Earth with Law of attraction and shows how the two can work together.
Grant Koivula
Sep 07, 2012 Grant Koivula rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. I highly recommend.
Charmin
Jun 28, 2014 Charmin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
Highlights:
1. The first way of choosing to let go of the unwanted feeling. Second way is to welcome the feeling, to allow the emotion just to be. Third way is to dive into the very core of the emotion.
2. STEPS
Step 1: focus on an issue that you would like to feel better about, allow yourself to feel the feeling.
Step 2: Could I let this feeling go? Could I allow this feeling to be here? Could I welcome this feelings?
Step 3: Would I? Am I willing to let go?
Step 4: When? (This is an invitation to l
Laurie
Aug 05, 2008 Laurie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This course is available on CD for over 300.00. I was able to get 12 tapes and a workbook for $50.00 (used on Amazon). It was one of the best investments I have ever made.

Lester Levenson was the original founder of "The Sedona Method". He was very ill and the doctors told him he did not have long to live. He decided to start from scratch and live his life differently and that is when he discovered this method. In three months he was completely cured.

The method is based on accepting life as it is
Carol
Aug 04, 2012 Carol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think that this book has a lot to offer, and is a valuable handbook for dealing with emotions. It's philosophy is basically Bhuddist, though it doesn't explicitly say this. Being aware of your emotions, and trying out the technique of "letting go" - it's simple but effective. Personally, I prefer insight meditation and yoga, but I consider this a good back-up method, particularly when there is stress and not an obvious place for sitting meditation or yoga. This method can be done right while y ...more
Myrna
Jun 11, 2008 Myrna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good self-help approach on how to "let go" of unwanting feelings - at least for the time being. Explains how you need to ask more important questions about these feelings and to focus more on the question itself of where these feelings are coming from. Extremely simplistic, and easy to apply opposed to many other techniques preached from other books that explore personal liberation. Do no do the audio tapes. The author, although a very good speaker, has this very annoying laugh. I couldn't get p ...more
Hunter Lappen
Jul 18, 2012 Hunter Lappen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: success, spiritual
Incredible book with clear steps on releasing on your limitations and allowing you to take your life to the next level This book is broken into 2 parts: Part 1 explains the Method with exercises and Part 2 shows the Method in everyday practice. Part 1 is more like a work book with exercises but stay with it because the breakthroughs in Part 2 are incredible. Definitely a book to keep ready as a reference for personal development, being present and practicing indifference or "hootlessness" which ...more
Andrew
May 14, 2011 Andrew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book about how to deal constructively with emotions. It teaches that we often feel we are the emotions or that we just have emotions and we "just have to work through them." Then in an astounding twist we are brought to the realization that emotions are easily and quickly left go of an exchanged for others we would rather have. There is still quite a bit of time involved in changing our idealism of emotions but now with these new tools we can obtain the emotional and mental state ...more
Sunshine Moore
Jul 23, 2012 Sunshine Moore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Releasing. The method is about releasing your attachments. All kinds of attachments. Hale teaches you a method for identifying what you are holding on to and learning to let it go. I use it myself, and I use it with my kids - to dispel fears and nightmares, anger, resistance to doing chores... I read the book along with an audio course and I'm not sure how much I picked up from the book and how much came from the audio - but I think you really need to hear Hale walk you through the process.
Cherie
Apr 08, 2013 Cherie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, non-fiction
This was good. I need steps and he gave steps. Of course words are easy and actually doing it is more difficult but I believe with practice this method will be helpful. I don't agree totally with the application of logic to emotion though. It is all we've got most times but I'm hoping to find an emotional healing method that allows me to accept my feelings as essential to life instead of a method that dissipates them. Maybe that means I'm not totally ready to embrace the Sedona Method. Time will ...more
Kenneth Jr.
Sep 05, 2015 Kenneth Jr. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So much fluff

I am a compulsive worrier. I have read many books that have helped me on the matter. What I just read was eight hours of fluff. What I mean by fluff, is that there is a method that works in these pages that could have been explained clearly in one hundred pages or less. Instead, you waste your time and read seven hundred pages of worthless fluff so that they could make the book bigger and charge more money for it. That's my opinion. You can read the first two chapters and be done wi
Wayne Power
Well intentioned but ultimately I wasn't too sure if it was for me. Some parts resonated and made sense whilst for a lot of chapters I was just baffled. Maybe it is a simple Method but I found some things a bit contradictory.
I will revisit it now and again , but a lot of it I found confusing and way too simplistic. I did approach the book with an open heart and mind. It is very detailed to its credit. I will try it again as maybe my cynicism crept in.
Amy
Aug 21, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anxious people like me!
Recommended to Amy by: A Friend Who Shall Remain Anonymous
A friend who has the same anxiety issues as I recommended this book to me, and while it's kind of silly in places, it has been really helpful. The basic premise is learning to release our resistance and our wants...wanting approval, wanting control, and wanting security. It's not that those things are bad, just all the time we spend WANTING is counter-productive. So it was a nice next step for me from the Feeling Good book...identifying negative thought and then RELEASING them.
Vivianne
Aug 02, 2012 Vivianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book teaches you that by forgiving your want,hate,anger,need, and other emotional aspects or events that have taken place in your life you can release layers of pent up emotions that remain stuck in your core making you closed off to new opportunities and blessings in your life. Through the guided meditation provided you can actually set free these stuck emotions and feel light hearted once again.
Syed Irfan Kamyaby.org
The Sedona Method course is a workshop based recording course which was conducted by Hale Dwoskin (founder of the Sedona Method). I personally, listened and exercised the course and found it better and effective to release negative feelings and then become lighter. As being the student of emotional intelligence, I personally like the techniques, the Sedona Method presents.
Maria Andreu
Jan 02, 2008 Maria Andreu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this whole genre of personal development - really much more effective than the "feel better about your problems" methods. This is not about glossing over or changing your feelings, but about confronting them, sitting with them and really releasing their hold on your mind. Akin to Byron Katie's The Work, which I also recommend. Gets you results faster and more thoroughly.
Jenny
Oct 23, 2007 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone seeking emotional freedom
This book teaches a simple, meditative strategy for calming, centering, and releasing emotions that hinder clear-thinking, personal progress (self-actualization). I am listening to this program on tape.
Bill
May 02, 2016 Bill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: instructional
Really helpful anecdotes about how to live your life in a positive fashion! Borrowed and read it ironically enough at a drug rehab place I was inadvertently roped into. It certainly gave me the self confidence to run my own life!
Aimee Warrington
Jul 24, 2011 Aimee Warrington rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this book half a star as opposed to zero stars just to make sure you didn't think I forgot to review it. I mostly forget what this book was about; all I remember is some bs about "releasing". Waste of money; waste of precious time on earth spent reading this crap.
Melanie
Jul 04, 2013 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've used the method for years with great results, I've just re-read the book for the first time in a long time. It was good to be reminded that we are not our thoughts and feelings - we are so much more than that.
Dom
May 13, 2014 Dom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extremely enlightening & informative about different human behaviors, Traits, habits & misconceptions.
Shouda
Mar 08, 2013 Shouda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A workbook... Not just reading material!
Immi
Feb 01, 2010 Immi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Terjemahannya Busuk!
Brooke Simmons
Super simple method of not hanging on to emotional baggage and living in a place of peace.
Jody Danforth
Dec 22, 2011 Jody Danforth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another new favorite!! This book is AMAZING!! I also highly recommend this book to EVERYONE!! The steps are simple and practical and actually work! Enjoy! =)
Michelle Cantrell
Amazing book about releasing your emotions
Kiki
May 01, 2009 Kiki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't actually finish, seemed so simple I couldn't make it work. Seems lots of others have been helped by it and recommend it, even authors I love. So, I will try it again another day.
  • The EFT Manual
  • People Are Idiots and I Can Prove It!: The 10 Ways You Are Sabotaging Yourself and How You Can Overcome Them
  • Minding the Body, Mending the Mind
  • Happy: Simple Steps to Get the Most Out of Life
  • Energy Addict: 101 Physical, Mental, and Spiritual Ways to Energize Your Life
  • Developing Intuition: Practical Guidance for Daily Life
  • Buried in Treasures: Help for Compulsive Acquiring, Saving, and Hoarding
  • Strange Brains and Genius: The Secret Lives Of Eccentric Scientists And Madmen
  • Emotional Sobriety: From Relationship Trauma to Resilience and Balance
  • The Power of Resilience: Achieving Balance, Confidence, and Personal Strength in Your Life
  • The Cambridge Handbook of Expertise and Expert Performance
  • The Trauma Myth: The Truth About the Sexual Abuse of Children--and Its Aftermath
  • A Resilient Life: You Can Move Ahead No Matter What
  • The Triple Bind: Saving Our Teenage Girls from Today's Pressures
  • Emotional Resilience: Simple Truths for Dealing with the Unfinished Business of Your Past
  • Sacred Space: Clearing and Enhancing the Energy of Your Home
  • Awaken Your Strongest Self: Break Free of Stress, Inner Conflict, and Self-Sabotage
  • The Aladdin Factor