Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)

Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy #1)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  26,560 ratings  ·  2,752 reviews
Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.
Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn't until she tu...more
Published May 1st 2012 by HarperTeen

Jennifer Armentrout
I just realized I hadn't rated this. Dur.

Oh, wow. Loved this book. Angel books are hard to do and this one is the best. And Kaidan? Can I lick him? Heck, I'll lick Wendy. Okay. Maybe shouldn't have written that. This is why I don't do reviews. Le sigh.
FreakChiq

Yes, Sweet Evil does put an original spin on all the angel/demons/nephilim stories that are out there. But nevertheless, this does not alter the fact that it’s still complete and utter rubbish. The sheer amount of ridiculousness in this 464 pages long novel is dumbfounding. I spent a great deal of time laughing in disbelief or growling in frustration because of it.

The characters are as one dimensional as a stick figure. Their behavior is odd (I don’t know of a single person who talks and acts l...more
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I walked right into this one. I admit it and I know it’s my fault, and I probably deserve what I got. However, that doesn’t mean it makes it less painful.

Sweet Evil is the most idiotic book I’ve read this year. And I mean it. I totally mean it. I could tell I was going to regret getting it since page one.
Running had become my new pastime five weeks ago, after I’d read how my body is the “temple of my soul.” Healthy temple: check.

Wha??

Ok, it’s not THAT bad but I still had a feeling deep down my...more
Ezmirelda
I'm going to be upfront with you about this book—Sweet Evil tops the books coming out in 2012 easily. There's no way I can tell you how much I utterly adore this book, which is why I took me forever to write a proper review for it. I'll start off with why I love this book so much. Originality—finally someone who gets it right! Among all the books out there about angels and demons Sweet Evil has the most original take on them that I've read. The whole badge concept and the fact that the Nephilim...more
Evie Jayne
MUAHAHAHAHA! I'M FIRST!!!! In your faces!!!
Review coming soon! As soon as we get the cover art! Reviews aren't cool without pretty cover art to go with them. :D Love you, Wendy!

Edit:

Wendy...can I have permission to shake my bum in everyone's faces? Please! Please! I am anyway! *shakes bum in everyone's faces* Muahaha! Okay, so yes, Wendy's one of my best friends, and yes, I got to Beta read this awesome book, but no, I will not lie in my reviews. So when I say it's awesome, I mean it!

Wendy comb...more
Lucia
Mar 02, 2014 Lucia rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: To all YA paranormal readers
Shelves: paranormal, favorites, ppb
5 TEMPTING STARS!

My Anna and Kaiden:

“...but even the devout have weaknesses. The demons have to take different measures with different cultures, because some are more accepting of sin, while others are stricter. It’s all a matter of semantics and presentation. They come up with ingenious ways to promote pain and apathy, kind of like marketing schemes. Seek pleasure. Eat, drink, and be merry. Carpe diem.”

Anna is ideal student and equivalent of a good girl. She never lies, because even small harm...more
Lisa Jayne
THREE I LOVE KAIDAN STARS.

description

First things first, this book may have a healthy helping of the sweet but it certainly delivered the evil with that cliff hanger ending. I need to get my hands all over book two in this series and luckily for me it's available to instant one-click. What a likeable, interesting and addictive young adult read. Wendy Higgins is an author who had a tale to tell and has shared it well. Packed to the brim with action, self discovery and a simmering attraction between good and...more
Danny
Review posted at Bewitched Bookworms

You know why I love reading? It’s because of books like this! This book seriously blew me away with it’s epic awesomness! Remember last week when I was raving and fangirling over Of Poseidon? Be aware, this will happen again, right now!

*takes a deep breath*

A Tale of Goodness and Evil, packed with an Epic Love Story
Sweet Evil is a story about evil and an epic forbidden love story! Anna was always able to see the aura of other people and she knew she was differ...more
Victoria
Jul 18, 2012 Victoria rated it 2 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Young adults who can stand annoying heroines, insta-love, love triangles, and stupid love interests
Recommended to Victoria by: Judith (Judith'sChoiceReads)
More like 2.5 stars. (A very generous rating)

First of all, I'm going to say this is not a bad book. It has a lot of flaws (Come on, every book has its flaws and merits.), but it also has a interesting take on angels, nephilim, and demons. That's probably the only thing I was looking forward to reading Sweet Evil. Sweet Evil was a very frustrating read and I mean the-hair-pulling-and-throwing-the-book-across-the-wall-frustration.

First, I had some problems with the characters. (Actually, minus tha...more
I am Mrs. Emerson
“What are you going to do?”
“Nothing that would compromise your virtue and have Patti hunting me down.”

----------------------------------------------------
If an angel and the devil were to fall in love, can their love transcend the laws of heaven and hell? Will he set her wings on fire?

Anna was good.
She good in a way that she doesn’t commit any wrongdoing if she could help it.
She always had the urge to do the right thing.
She wasn’t normal and she knew that all too well.
She tried her best to blur...more
Abbi Glines
Couldn't put it down. BUT being the hopeless romantic I am, the ending upset me. I know there will be another book in this series but the waiting is going to be tough. Excellent read though.
Gianne
At a glance, Sweet Evil seems like another young adult paranormal romance book. And to be honest, it is... but Sweet Evil is just so much more than that! It's completely amazing and I'm pretty sure this review will not do any justice to how much praise this book truly deserves.

One of my favorite things about Sweet Evil is the world building. She took a very simple, basic concept and twisted it into something brand new and refreshing! Throughout the book, I couldn't help but think, "What if this...more
Kristalia
Final rating: ★★/★★★★★

Sweet evil quote

“...there is no way of truly knowing one’s heart until one is put to the test.”

Seriously, dafaq did i just read?

This was sooooooooo wrooooooooong, on so many levels. I have no other idea how to say this. But this book is wrong. AND THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE BOOK: WRONG!!!

And i really wanted to love this book...i really did :(
___________________________________________

Story :
____________________________________________

"Dukes are the only demons allowed to po
Kate
I'm absolutely in love with this book!! But what about the ending? Hell, I need more right now. Why isn't possible to give this book six stars? :D
Rane

One word can sum up this whole book for me: Captivating

As I started this book I thought it be about an angel falling in love, Wendy Higgins quickly throws anything I might of had about this book out the window and created an amazing tale of a young Nephilim, Anna Whitt, who doesn't know what she is, only that her senses are super hype, and she's able to see and feel emotions. Until she meets a drummer (stud muffin) Kaidan Rowe and everything she knows is turned on her head and the life she mus...more
Meli
May 31, 2012 Meli rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: YA readers, paranormal romance lovers
AHHHHHH!!!! How much AWESOME can this book get!!!
I loved this story so much,it was such a great read that by the time I reached the end I was like:

This book NEEDS to have a sequel and as far as I know it is probably going to be a trilogy and I hope so because with that ending I just
can´t take it,it is simply not acceptable!

One more thing,Kai and Anna...
[image error]

Come on!guys! just do it please!?I beg you! BE TOGETHER!!!

Oh please miss Wendy Higgins let them be together PLEASE!!! I think...more
b00k r3vi3ws
Anna Whitt is anything but normal and she knows it. She can see other people’s ‘feelings’ through the colour of their aura. She feels like a freak except when she is with her friend Jason. Jason eats, breathes and lives music and also has taken Anna into his fold. Around the time for her sixteenth birthday, it is through Jason that Anna meets Kaidan – the HOT drummer with no emotions that she can see/feel. Anna realizes that Kaidan is like her and they take a road trip to go and meet Anna’s fath...more
Amanda
I chose to read this book as a recommendation from twitter. I asked this simple question... "Can someone recommend a book with a heck of a good romance?".... Sweet Evil got the majority of votes, so Sweet Evil I decided to read!

Now I feel that a thank you is in order. Thank you to everyone on twitter that tweeted me about this AMAZING book! You were all right! Incredibly right! This was definitely my kind of read!

I got the romance I craved, the ever so swoon worthy Kaidan to pine over, and a sto...more
Natalia Ceitidh
Read more of my reviews on my YA book blog Dazzling Reads

Sweet Evil Reaches the Highest Level of Awesomeness!
Yup, it is THAT good!!

Oh Good Lord! If last year my favorite new series in paranormal romance was Die For Me by Amy Plum, this year it definitely is Sweet Evil! Wendy Higgins's debut novel absolutely stopped my heart, took my breath away, made me swoon countless of times and made me fall deeply in love with the sweetest evil I have ever come across!

Wendy Higgins masterfully created one of...more
Whitney
You can also see this review on my blog here. :D

Where to start... Well, I'd like to say first of all, that this was disappointing. I was expecting way more out of this book from the positive reviews I've been seeing all over the net. Some of you may know that I hardly ever down a book. But this just didn't cut it for me. It had definite flaws all throughout the book that were cliche and just downright frustrating.

Photobucket

As for the history/plot in the book, I think it was the only thing that kept me re...more
Mimi Valentine
This has to be one of the best angel books to ever hit the shelves! Not just because the angel lore was completely original or because there's a boy with an English accent, but because Wendy Higgins must be an angel in disguise since she writes them so well.

In Sweet Evil, the sole purpose of Nephilim is to be a bad influence to humans. But that's not as easy as it sounds when the angel hierarchy is so complicated. When we learn everything along with Anna in the beginning, it's hard not to say, "...more
kristina
Sep 17, 2013 kristina is currently reading it
My nerves are too sensitive at the moment so PLEASE be AWESOME!!!
Kelley
I don't even know where to begin because this book was just made of awesome!

I have to start off by saying BRAVO to the author for coming up with a completely FRESH and unique premise in the YA genre. Her spin on angels and demons is so detailed and unlike anything I've read before. I loved that about this story!

Anna Whitt is a breath of fresh air! She is a different kind of narrator than we've seen. She's innocent, but strong and though she's lived a sheltered life, she's willing to jump in ther...more
Marie
I just might read it again, and again and again and- well you get my drift!
Just wow! Amazing! Couldn't put it down. Was hooked from the first page to the very last!
Was left wanting more! Was like a drug, I was just addicted and hooked to every page- word even!
Read now if you haven't! Your missing out!
Erin
Jun 01, 2012 Erin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Fans of Hush, Hush and the Premonition series
HOLY SH%T, Sweet Evil blew me away!!! Without a doubt, Wendy Higgins' phenomenal story is the best series-start of the year, and I literally couldn't put this book down!! Wow, I'm floored and I'm going to be VERY impatiently waiting for the next book in this series!!!!

This was such a cool twist on the whole fallen angels theme!!! I think what I loved most about Sweet Evil was that instead of seeing an innocent heroine fall in love with the bad boy fallen angel, we actually get to be on the flip...more
Anna
Buddy read with my bezzie/baby cakes ❤️ Lisa Jayne let's see if this anna is part angel part devil too lol ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Zuleeza
This review is also available on my blog, Qwerty

Look, I'm aware of just how many of my GR friends are fans of this book. But, Kaidan didn't work his magic on me, nor I can tolerate everything else about this book.

Buckle up, boys. This ain't going to be pretty.

The whole time, I was trying to figure out the author. What was it actually that she wanted to convey? It was as if she was drunk herself while writing this!

I'm not saying that this is a total trainwreck. My 2-stars rating proved that. Some...more
Lexie
This book was a very quick, enjoyable read, but there were a few things that really soured my reading experience.

There were a number of things that I liked. I liked it's readability; I read the bulk of this in less than a day, constantly shunning my schoolwork in favor of reading another chapter. I wanted to read on, and I love when a book keeps me invested enough for that to happen.

I really enjoyed the whole concept of this, with the Dukes, the Legionnaires, and the Nephs. It was fascinating an...more
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Nice
Rating: NC-17
Overall: If not for an unbelievable premise this would have been 5 stars
Characters: Solid
Plot: A story about finding about yourself and falling into forbidden love
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Kaiden

SUMMARY (60 words or less)

If not for the unbelievable set up for one of the main events of this story, it would have totally rocked my stars. I still found myself unable to tear myself away from the pages of this...more
Ash Wednesday
DNF at 50%

I don't always rate my DNFs because there are times that it's the book's fault and there are times that it's probably me. I know which category this falls under but I'm not rating it because of... science. And I'd let the review do the rating for this one. I have never read Hush, Hush, I got introduced to YA-PNR angel books by way of Angelfall and Unearthly and I'm beginning to think that may have something to do with how I felt about Sweet Evil.

Now, clearly angel books aren't the bas...more
Teen Book Lovers ...: * Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins 3 23 1 hour, 11 min ago
Which Duke do you want as a parent? 7 31 Apr 19, 2014 08:09AM
YA Lovers: Kaidan Rowe 1 7 Apr 15, 2014 01:35PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Sweet Evil, by Wendy Higgins - Restarting April 1st 2014 81 62 Apr 10, 2014 02:50PM
Kaidan or Kopano 347 636 Apr 05, 2014 12:51AM
♥Reading Lovers ♥: Sweet Evil By: Wendy Higgins 12 7 Feb 21, 2014 09:16AM
Kindle Book Sharing: Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1) 3 5 Feb 19, 2014 06:33AM
  • Opal (Lux, #3)
  • Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy, #1)
  • Immortal City (Immortal City, #1)
  • Forbidden
  • Touched (Sense Thieves, #1)
  • Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #1)
  • Hemlock (Hemlock, #1)
  • Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
  • Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1)
  • Intuition (The Premonition, #2)
  • Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)
  • Illuminate (Gilded Wings, #1)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1)
  • Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
I will not be reading/answering GR messages...
Feel free to contact me by email at wendyhigginswrites at gmail dot com. (It's become difficult to keep up with requests/messages made via various social media sites.)

Thank you so much for understanding! :)

Bio:
After earning a Creative Writing degree from George Mason University and a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction from Radford, I taught high sc...more
More about Wendy Higgins...
Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2) Sweet Evil Extra #1 (The Sweet Trilogy, #1.1) Sweet Evil Extra #2 (The Sweet Trilogy, #1.2) Flirting with Maybe See Me

15 trivia questions
3 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“He was smoking hot. As in H-O-T-T, hott. I’d never understood until that moment why girls insisted on adding an extra t. This guy was extra-t-worthy.” 406 likes
“I know I’m just a human woman, but so help me, if anything happens to her while she’s with you—”
“I assure you she’ll be in good hands.”
“Mm-hm, that’s part of what I’m worried about.” She pointed at his hands. “Hands off, mister.”
318 likes