Start by marking “Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)

Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy #1)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  50,377 ratings  ·  4,348 reviews
Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.
Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn't until she tu
Published May 1st 2012 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Evil, please sign up.

Clary Fray I would say 13 is old enough as long as your mature about it.......btw it's amazing. I'm crazily obsessed with Kaidan Rowe

Jennifer Armentrout
I just realized I hadn't rated this. Dur.

Oh, wow. Loved this book. Angel books are hard to do and this one is the best. And Kaidan? Can I lick him? Heck, I'll lick Wendy. Okay. Maybe shouldn't have written that. This is why I don't do reviews. Le sigh.
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I walked right into this one. I admit it and I know it’s my fault, and I probably deserve what I got. However, that doesn’t mean it makes it less painful.

Sweet Evil is the most idiotic book I’ve read this year. And I mean it. I totally mean it. I could tell I was going to regret getting it since page one.
Running had become my new pastime five weeks ago, after I’d read how my body is the “temple of my soul.” Healthy temple: check.

Ok, it’s not THAT bad but I still had a feeling deep down my

Yes, Sweet Evil does put an original spin on all the angel/demons/nephilim stories that are out there. But nevertheless, this does not alter the fact that it’s still complete and utter rubbish. The sheer amount of ridiculousness in this 464 pages long novel is dumbfounding. I spent a great deal of time laughing in disbelief or growling in frustration because of it.

The characters are as one dimensional as a stick figure. Their behavior is odd (I don’t know of a single person who talks and acts l
I'm going to be upfront with you about this book—Sweet Evil tops the books coming out in 2012 easily. There's no way I can tell you how much I utterly adore this book, which is why I took me forever to write a proper review for it. I'll start off with why I love this book so much. Originality—finally someone who gets it right! Among all the books out there about angels and demons Sweet Evil has the most original take on them that I've read. The whole badge concept and the fact that the Nephilim ...more
Mar 02, 2014 Lucia rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: To all YA paranormal readers

My Anna and Kaiden:

“...but even the devout have weaknesses. The demons have to take different measures with different cultures, because some are more accepting of sin, while others are stricter. It’s all a matter of semantics and presentation. They come up with ingenious ways to promote pain and apathy, kind of like marketing schemes. Seek pleasure. Eat, drink, and be merry. Carpe diem.”

Anna is ideal student and equivalent of a good girl. She never lies, because even small har
b00k r3vi3ws
Anna Whitt is anything but normal and she knows it. She can see other people’s ‘feelings’ through the colour of their aura. She feels like a freak except when she is with her friend Jason. Jason eats, breathes and lives music and also has taken Anna into his fold. Around the time for her sixteenth birthday, it is through Jason that Anna meets Kaidan – the HOT drummer with no emotions that she can see/feel. Anna realizes that Kaidan is like her and they take a road trip to go and meet Anna’s fath ...more
Evie Janelle
MUAHAHAHAHA! I'M FIRST!!!! In your faces!!!
Review coming soon! As soon as we get the cover art! Reviews aren't cool without pretty cover art to go with them. :D Love you, Wendy!

Wendy...can I have permission to shake my bum in everyone's faces? Please! Please! I am anyway! *shakes bum in everyone's faces* Muahaha! Okay, so yes, Wendy's one of my best friends, and yes, I got to Beta read this awesome book, but no, I will not lie in my reviews. So when I say it's awesome, I mean it!

Wendy comb
Lisa Jayne

First things first, this book may have a healthy helping of the sweet but it certainly delivered the evil with that cliff hanger ending. I need to get my hands all over book two in this series and luckily for me it's available to instant one-click. What a likeable, interesting and addictive young adult read. Wendy Higgins is an author who had a tale to tell and has shared it well. Packed to the brim with action, self discovery and a simmering attraction between good and
Abbi Glines
Couldn't put it down. BUT being the hopeless romantic I am, the ending upset me. I know there will be another book in this series but the waiting is going to be tough. Excellent read though.
More like 2.5 stars. (A very generous rating)

First of all, I'm going to say this is not a bad book. It has a lot of flaws (Come on, every book has its flaws and merits.), but it also has a interesting take on angels, nephilim, and demons. That's probably the only thing I was looking forward to reading Sweet Evil. Sweet Evil was a very frustrating read and I mean the-hair-pulling-and-throwing-the-book-across-the-wall-frustration.

First, I had some problems with the characters. (Actually, minus tha
Review posted at Bewitched Bookworms

You know why I love reading? It’s because of books like this! This book seriously blew me away with it’s epic awesomness! Remember last week when I was raving and fangirling over Of Poseidon? Be aware, this will happen again, right now!

*takes a deep breath*

A Tale of Goodness and Evil, packed with an Epic Love Story
Sweet Evil is a story about evil and an epic forbidden love story! Anna was always able to see the aura of other people and she knew she was differ
May 22, 2015 Laz rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: angel lovers and such
A very well-written ya-paranormal novel about Angels and Demons as we've never seen them before. I liked the plot, and I liked the pace and how the heroine matured and developed throughout the book, and it's just the first novel in the series so character development at that level was not something I expected and it surprised me nicely.

Anna Whitt can see everyone's emotions, she can see and feel their feelings. Whatever that may be. It used to make her vulnerable but that's just history now. She
Seriously Ms. Wiggins I don't know how you do it but you made my legs like jelly again!

funny gifs

I love Kaidan's POV. I hope that there will be more shorts on his POV. :)
How can I have just read this now? Thank you Pang for letting me know about these shorts!

Merged review:

“What are you going to do?”
“Nothing that would compromise your virtue and have Patti hunting me down.”

If an angel and the devil w
Final rating: 2/5 stars

Sweet evil quote

“...there is no way of truly knowing one’s heart until one is put to the test.”

Seriously, dafaq did i just read?

This was sooooooooo wrooooooooong, on so many levels. I have no other idea how to say this. But this book is wrong. AND THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE BOOK: WRONG!!!

And i really wanted to love this book...i really did :(

Story :

"Dukes are the only demons allowed to
At a glance, Sweet Evil seems like another young adult paranormal romance book. And to be honest, it is... but Sweet Evil is just so much more than that! It's completely amazing and I'm pretty sure this review will not do any justice to how much praise this book truly deserves.

One of my favorite things about Sweet Evil is the world building. She took a very simple, basic concept and twisted it into something brand new and refreshing! Throughout the book, I couldn't help but think, "What if this
Apr 02, 2015 Kath rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: i-own
I'm absolutely in love with this book!! But what about the ending? Hell, I need more right now. Why isn't possible to give this book six stars? :D

One word can sum up this whole book for me: Captivating

As I started this book I thought it be about an angel falling in love, Wendy Higgins quickly throws anything I might of had about this book out the window and created an amazing tale of a young Nephilim, Anna Whitt, who doesn't know what she is, only that her senses are super hype, and she's able to see and feel emotions. Until she meets a drummer (stud muffin) Kaidan Rowe and everything she knows is turned on her head and the life she mus
You can also see this review on my blog here. :D

Where to start... Well, I'd like to say first of all, that this was disappointing. I was expecting way more out of this book from the positive reviews I've been seeing all over the net. Some of you may know that I hardly ever down a book. But this just didn't cut it for me. It had definite flaws all throughout the book that were cliche and just downright frustrating.

As for the history/plot in the book, I think it was the only thing that kept me re
May 31, 2012 Meli rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: YA readers, paranormal romance lovers
*Clears throat*
Thank you Wendy, thank you for releasing this Sweet Evil Extra #2. I can now say that I am officially in love with a fictional character. Thanks to you Wendy Higgins. Thank you.

*Steps off soapbox*

PD: I knew it! he loves her!! I knew it!!...lalalalala..lalalala...

Merged review:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!!! with all my heart,body,brain,internal orga
This was highly addicting. I kept picking it up, planning on only reading a chapter or two, then realizing I had read 100 pages. I just couldn't ever put it down. I really like the mythology. It made the story more unique from other demon/angel books I've read. The main characters were nothing special and kind of the typical YA tropes but I still found myself caring about them and liking them. I loved the side characters! They all had a lot of depth. Overall this was a very addicting story and I ...more
Pearl Angeli
"I was in love with him. And there wasn't a thing on earth, in heaven, or in hell that could have stopped me."

Can I start this review by saying that I'm totally fangirling right now? I love it so much! And I therefore conclude that Kaidan Rowe is my new book boyfriend!

Oh my God.. It's so hard to think of better words to describe my feelings for this book. First off, I really had high expectations with it since it has high ratings here in GR. Guess what? It actually exceeded my expectations. I
Kate ❣

Actual Rating:
Can I be really annoyingly specific and say 4.45/5? ;)

I read a quote in this book that simply resonated with me and, I felt described the deeper meaning of every other word that was written on these pages:

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven"

I loved this book, and the reason it's only getting 4 stars is because I strongly believe the other two novels in this trilogy will be even bette

I must be masochistic. I knew how much I hated this, and yet I still managed to will myself and complete the book. Now, I’ve learnt an invaluable lesson from this: don’t get carried away when a friend slogans the book as “the best thing I’ve ever read”. It’s like flipping a coin; you’ve got a fifty-fifty chance. You either love it and spend the rest of eternity fist-pumping your friend, or you will hate it and entertain yourself with dreams of flushing the story out of your mind, never mentionin
I chose to read this book as a recommendation from twitter. I asked this simple question... "Can someone recommend a book with a heck of a good romance?".... Sweet Evil got the majority of votes, so Sweet Evil I decided to read!

Now I feel that a thank you is in order. Thank you to everyone on twitter that tweeted me about this AMAZING book! You were all right! Incredibly right! This was definitely my kind of read!

I got the romance I craved, the ever so swoon worthy Kaidan to pine over, and a sto
I have mixed feelings toward this novel. I didn't love it. I don't think I hated it. I'm definitely in the "Meh" zone.

So, I actually liked Wendy Higgins writing. It was easy to read (had a nice flow to it), addictive and compelling, and at times downright beautiful. Now there were some awkward dialogues, and some conversations that were just completely over the top (worthy of forehead slaps)...

“Kai, like Thai only yummier. Gah! Who was this girl invading my brain”

“He was smokin’ hott. I’d neve
Jun 01, 2012 Erin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Hush, Hush and the Premonition series
HOLY SH%T, Sweet Evil blew me away!!! Without a doubt, Wendy Higgins' phenomenal story is the best series-start of the year, and I literally couldn't put this book down!! Wow, I'm floored and I'm going to be VERY impatiently waiting for the next book in this series!!!!

This was such a cool twist on the whole fallen angels theme!!! I think what I loved most about Sweet Evil was that instead of seeing an innocent heroine fall in love with the bad boy fallen angel, we actually get to be on the flip
This review is also available on my blog, Qwerty

Look, I'm aware of just how many of my GR friends are fans of this book. But, Kaidan didn't work his magic on me, nor I can tolerate everything else about this book.

Buckle up, boys. This ain't going to be pretty.

The whole time, I was trying to figure out the author. What was it actually that she wanted to convey? It was as if she was drunk herself while writing this!

I'm not saying that this is a total trainwreck. My 2-stars rating proved that. Some
I don't even know where to begin because this book was just made of awesome!

I have to start off by saying BRAVO to the author for coming up with a completely FRESH and unique premise in the YA genre. Her spin on angels and demons is so detailed and unlike anything I've read before. I loved that about this story!

Anna Whitt is a breath of fresh air! She is a different kind of narrator than we've seen. She's innocent, but strong and though she's lived a sheltered life, she's willing to jump in ther
Mimi Valentine
This has to be one of the best angel books to ever hit the shelves! Not just because the angel lore was completely original or because there's a boy with an English accent, but because Wendy Higgins must be an angel in disguise since she writes them so well.

In Sweet Evil, the sole purpose of Nephilim is to be a bad influence to humans. But that's not as easy as it sounds when the angel hierarchy is so complicated. When we learn everything along with Anna in the beginning, it's hard not to say, "
Liz* Fashionably Late

I've lost the ability to write coherent sentences.

Anna had always been the Good Girl until she found Kaidan. He was the son of the Duke of Lust and you can imagine what he wanted from her from day one. Well, thank's good for Patti, Anna's foster mother who sent her on a road trip with this hot, enigmatic guy because he's an emancipated minor and is loaded. Hey, wait, don't get all judgmental right there. Before they left she warned him: "bring her with her virtue intact." That's what I call Pare
Read-along: Fantasia Urbana | Sweet Evil 17 23 4 hours, 23 min ago
Square In Wonderl...: Sweet Evil [General] 1 2 Sep 30, 2015 07:25AM
Perfect Song 7 71 Sep 07, 2015 09:30PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Sweet Evil, by Wendy Higgins - Restarting April 6th 2015 131 175 Aug 19, 2015 05:21PM
Teen and YA Book ...: Katherine and Anna's Book Chat 11 12 May 03, 2015 05:12PM
the book eaters: This topic has been closed to new comments. Sweet Evil March BOTM 3 5 Apr 06, 2015 01:08PM
  • Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1)
  • Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers, #1)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Enticed (The Violet Eden Chapters, #2)
  • The Collector (Dante Walker, #1)
  • Immortal City (Immortal City, #1)
  • Spellcaster (Spellbound, #2)
  • A Temptation of Angels
  • Illuminate (Gilded Wings, #1)
  • Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #1)
  • Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4)
  • Forbidden
  • Touched (Sense Thieves, #1)
I don't often check messages here...
If you'd like a quick response about something, feel free to contact me by email at wendyhigginswrites at gmail dot com.

Wendy Higgins is the USA Today and NY Times bestselling author of the SWEET EVIL series from HarperTeen, the high fantasy duology THE GREAT HUNT, and her independently published Irish Fantasy SEE ME.
After earning a Creative Writing degree
More about Wendy Higgins...

The Sweet Trilogy (4 books)
  • Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2)
  • Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy, #3)
  • Sweet Temptation (The Sweet Trilogy, #4)
Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2) Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy, #3) See Me (See Me, #1) Sweet Temptation (The Sweet Trilogy, #4) Flirting with Maybe

“He was smoking hot. As in H-O-T-T, hott. I’d never understood until that moment why girls insisted on adding an extra t. This guy was extra-t-worthy.” 514 likes
“I know I’m just a human woman, but so help me, if anything happens to her while she’s with you—”
“I assure you she’ll be in good hands.”
“Mm-hm, that’s part of what I’m worried about.” She pointed at his hands. “Hands off, mister.”