Start by marking “Maid for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #1)” as Want to Read:
Maid for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #1)

Maid for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island #1)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  18,023 Ratings  ·  1,136 Reviews
With more than 2 million copies of the New York Times Bestselling McCarthys of Gansett Island Series sold since Maid for Love debuted in April 2011, this series has quickly become a fan favorite! See where it all began for FREE!

The McCarthys of Gansett Island: Book 1

Maddie Chester is determined to leave her hometown of Gansett Island, a place that has brought her only bad
ebook, Kobo, 236 pages
Published April 29th 2011 by HTJB, Inc. (first published April 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Maid for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maid for Love

Lisa
Jan 25, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it

"I had no idea what it meant to be in love until I knocked you off your bike and you knocked me off my feet."

description

THIS BOOK WAS SWEET, SWEET, SWEET. SUGAR POPS AND GUM DROPS. SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS.

Er...you get the picture.

Maddie Chester is a maid working for mom and pop McCarthy at their resort and hotel and also doing some housekeeping for them at their home. Running late one day, Maddie directly runs into Mac McCarthy, one of the five McCarthy children. Mac is back on Gansett Island on a forced s
valee
Jul 16, 2011 valee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cont-romance
WOW I just LOVED this book. I stayed up till 6 am reading because I could NOT put it down. This is the perfect read for when you're in cheesy moods and wanna read one of those reads with the PERFECT HEA. I can understand why some rated it lower though, but as I was just in this kind of mood, feeling all mellow, LOL, I just adore this read.

In this installment we get to read about one of the famous McCarthy brothers. All the boys in this family were always consider golden boys: Rich, sexy-as-hell
Tina
Jun 16, 2011 Tina rated it liked it
This is one of those books that I really think that you have to read with either a) a fair amount of disbelief suspended or b)you just love the romance fantasy of a basic Cinderella story.

Mac McCarthy is from a wealthy family who are well known and liked on a small New England island.

Maddie Chester lives on the same island but is of a decidedly less golden family. She was tormented in high school for developing early. And one lie by one guy resulted in a tarnished reputation that followed her in
Booklover
This was a wonderful heartwarming story,Mac-Maddie two cuties who meet through an accident and from then n there their journey towards their HEA starts

Absolutely adored Mac he has a caring nature,his humbleness towards others,his trust loyalty determination towards Maddie his love and way he aches for Maddie and does everything to bring happiness and smile on Maddie's and Thomas face

Maddie she has suffered cause of other's ego and pride which has made her quiet bitter but when Mac comes into he
Anja
Mar 18, 2015 Anja rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-ebook, c, w-az, w-sw
Why am I not surprised by the slut-shaming? Maddie’s nickname is Mattress because she banged all the boys in high school and the whole town hates her. But Mac and his insta-love don’t believe the rumors. What do ya know? She says they aren’t true. Good thing because what hero wouldn’t care at all about a heroine’s slutty past? It doesn’t matter that Mac was a ho-bag before his instantaneous and soul-deep connection to Maddie. He says he’s not a playboy. He just used women for sex but that’s okay ...more
Yvonne
Jul 06, 2011 Yvonne rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Mac is the easy going, loyal beta hero and Maddie, is the down on her luck heroine (with baby in tow). Things move along very fast in this story, it's a sweet fantasy romance. Mac falls in love at first sight and saves "the day" for our heroine. Nothing wrong with that every once in a while! :)

Ingela
Written July 19, 2014

3 Stars - Sweet, tender and romantic cute

An seven hours audio romance for just $2. I can see that a lot of readers liked all these books in The McCarthys of Gansett Island series. So did Mo who recommended me this one when the ebook was a freebie a year ago.

Three stars for a an ordinary nice contemporary romance. ~ Maybe wasn't this audio narration the very best (slightly monotonous without much feeling) but I enyojed more or less.

*******************************************
Kathy
Every once in a while I need a book like Maid for Love because my brain needs a break from the H and h fighting vampire wars, running from a drug lord, or waiting for the rake to realize he is in love. Maid for Love has little in the way of conflict, in fact I kept waiting for something gut wrenching to happen but it never came. This book is simply about two very nice people who fall in love and I found it sweet and heartwarming.

I always enjoy Marie Force's storytelling and writing style. Like
Viviana
Feb 10, 2016 Viviana rated it really liked it
Alp
Jul 04, 2015 Alp rated it it was ok
2.25/5

Too predictable and cheesy!
Almost the whole story seemed unreal and impossible. The characters, in my opinion, were not realistic as well. The hero was too perfect, too good to be true! The dialogue sounded strange, might be because it was too intentionally sweet.

The heroine, Maddie, I didn't like her from the beginning because she kept pushing Mac away though he tried every way to help her. She was so annoying!

When Maddie found out that Mac made the guys, who caused her to have a bad repu
Steffi
May 13, 2011 Steffi rated it it was amazing
5 stars for Maid for Love - contemporary romance by Marie Force

Maid for Love is the first book in a new series (The McCarthys of Gansett Island) by Marie Force. Starting this book, I was curious but not very hopeful because I usually prefer her romantic-suspense novels. I was nicely surprised by this funny, romantic and delicious Cinderella story.

Maddie Chester is a maid for the McCarthy family hotel on Gansett Island. She is basically considered the town tramp and when she gives birth to he
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review
4 STARS
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Chick Lit
Series: Book#1 in The McCarthys of Gansett Island

Relax, Mac. I want to kiss you everywhere."- Maddie
"You can't use my own words against me."-Mac
"Oh no? Watch me."-Maddie in
Maid for Love

Brief Summary
Maddie Chester has worked for the McCarthy Resort & Hotel in housekeeping for 8 years. But today she is running a little late and due to her lateness she will directly collide into the love of her life. When Maddie is thrown from her
Luc
Sep 24, 2013 Luc rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2-6-unremarkable
I'm a big fan of the Fatal Affair series from Marie Force (even if after the third book it drops in quality)so I thought there was no harm in reading the first of the McCarthys' series since it was free on Amazon.

So, Maid for Love is about Maddie Chester, a single mum whose live has been seriously impacted for having big boobs and having had a reputation for being easy during high school.

Mac is the eldest of the McCarthys and after a panic attack retires to the quiet island he grew up on and w
Deedee
Such a good read. This book had me dying laughing, so warning if you're sick or have a bad cough not a good idea to read this during such hard times. I've learned from experience. :)

Mac McCarthy has spent most of his life trying to get away from his hometown. After more than 15 years away. Hes returned to help his father repair the inn. Only to run into Maddie Chester; whose experience on the island has left her unable to trust men and had her labled the "town whore".

""After awhile, I got sick
Becky
Jun 02, 2016 Becky rated it it was amazing
Shelves: abuse
What a sweet story. I loved the way Mac took care of her and her little boy. He gave up his whole life to move back home after he met her!
Dee
Being that this is a MF book I really expected to love it but I just didn't! Don't get me wrong, I did like it and thought it good and I am even glad that I took the time to read it, but I just didn't fall in love with it....Maybe I just wasn't in the mood :(
Becky ♡The Bookworm♡
I need to be careful here as to not totally bash this book. It was a freebie and after seeing all the four and five star reviews I decided to give it a try. I had to wonder (as others have said) if I was reading the same book, or was it just me?

The actual plot had so much potential, but there were significant problems with the writing and timelines that left me scratching my head while saying, "Huh!?" Sorry, folks. I just didn't like this one.

Since this was written in 2011, I'm sure the author h
Splage
This is the first book in the series about a family that lives on an small island off Rhode Island. It is a love at first sight, small town love story where the golden boy returns from a big city job to his hometown for a needed break and he literally runs into the tramp of the the town, known as Mattress Maddie. She is a single mom who has always been looked down upon and wrongly stereotyped because she has built like a pin-up girl. She was labeled in high school because some boys spread false ...more
Aly is so frigging bored
3.5*
Buddy read with Maru

I wanted to love this book but I didn't... I can see this is one of the first book from Ms. Force. She used the "fell in love in 24h" thrope and I just wasn't in a mood for it. I'll read the next book though
Barbara
Mac comes back home after being gone for years. When he gets off the ferry, he steps in front of Maddie who is on her bike causing her to take a spill. Because of this, she can't work for a while so Mac steps in to help take care of her and her son. These two are definitely from opposite sides of the track.

I really had a hard time rating this one. There were aspects I loved, like Mac and the fact it was insta-love. But then there things I didn't care for like Mac's family or decisions Maddie mad
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jun 27, 2012 Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads rated it really liked it
I thought this was such a cute heartwarming love story! Mac and Maddie are adorable. Mac is the perfect gentlemen, he wins you over right away with his charm. I loved Maddie she was a very real and relatable. The story is really sweet and quite charming, definitely a book that will leave you smiling!
Anna D.
Jun 09, 2014 Anna D. rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, free
Simply perfect...

It helped that I was in the right mood for this book. It’s really quite a simple, almost modern day Cinderella-like story in which the handsome prince comes home after almost 20 years and rescues the poor damsel in distress – that he just happened to knock off a bike. Mac is seriously a perfect book-boyfriend/husband material. Everything he says and does is just right.

The addition of Thomas, Maddie’s 9 month old son, was wonderful. Mac was incredible sweet and so good with the
Julie
Apr 05, 2014 Julie rated it did not like it
I feel bad writing this review because after all the book was free. But it got on my last nerve.

This book was completely unrealistic. The couple meets because Mac ran into Maddy with his bike, injuring her. A few hours later, he's moved into her apartment, taking care of her son, taking over her job etc. Within 2 days they're discussing marriage.

Maddy's a complete doormat who does nothing to actually improve her life. I don't mind a Cinderella story, but if it's placed in the present day, some i
Petra (Safari Poet)
Maddie Chester is just living her life on Gansett Island on her way to work when she bumps into Mac McCarthy, literally and he begins to fall for her, figuratively. Mac is the kinda of guy who goes the extra mile and helps Maddie despite her repeated objections to take care of her son. She has always done thing for herself and doesn't want any help, especially a McCarthy's, but can't deny her attraction for long. Just as Maddie starts to believe in Mac and a life she never allowed herself to dre ...more
Ian
Mar 28, 2013 Ian rated it liked it
/ 3.5 Stars

As a girl in high school, Maddie rejected one of the popular boys. He exacted his revenge by spreading vicious rumours about her. Now many years later she is still considered the town tramp by just about everyone on Gansett Island.

After Mac knocks her off her bicycle she is incapable of working at his families hotel where she is a cleaner. He decides to make amends by helping her out until she is better. Almost from the first he realizes her reputation isn't deserved and soon finds
Lori
Jul 05, 2012 Lori rated it really liked it
First of all I have to say that the fact that I was able to download this one for free on Amazon... is just a major bonus! Maid for Love was a sweet little story that has me itching to read the rest of the McCarthy's series. I loved Mac, there is nothing quite like a playboy who gets knocked on his behind by a sweet innocent girl who doesn't care to give him the time of day. I also loved Maddie, granted she did get on my nerves a little and got angry over something a little silly, but I can unde ...more
Kathleen
Jul 19, 2014 Kathleen rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. This is a pleasant love story with some sizzle. It's part of a popular series. The series takes place on Gansett Island, off Rhode Island. Maddie Chester is a single mother working as housekeeper at McCarthy's Resort, striving to raise a baby. Accidentally, Mac McCarthy knocks her over as she bikes to work. Ouch!

He feels terrible about it...and terribly attracted to her, but she doesn't want to play pauper to his prince. We go from there.

Nothing too special, but a nice enough time-
Kristi Davis
May 06, 2011 Kristi Davis rated it it was amazing
Oh dear... Having access to my Kindle ap through my iPhone doesn't do me any favors. While I was supposed to be working, I instead took an extra long lunch break to finish up Maid for Love! I first got started on Marie Force from Love at First Flight. I was SO happy to hear she self-published a few more books because I felt she wasn't writing fast enough!

Maid for Love was a wonderful story that I adored. There were some clichéd moments but every-time I was about to sigh and think it was typical
Sandra
¿Sabéis ese tipo de días en el que por mucho que te leas estudies una y otra vez el mismo párrafo sobre un tema de dietética y cuando lo terminas estás igual que al principio? Bueno, hoy he tenido uno de esos días. Sólo he podido estudiarme dos temas. DOS temas de UNA sola asignatura en un DOMINGO, básicamente ese día perfecto para estudiar porque tienes mañana y tarde para estudiar. DOS TEMAS. Así que sí, lo he tirado todo por la borda y me he puesto a leer.

Criado para el amor es una historia
Looking for a specific book 1 14 Jan 05, 2016 04:38PM
Audio-Bibliophiles: NYT Times and USA Bestselling Books on Offer this Week at AudaVoxx! 1 6 Jul 24, 2015 11:08AM
  • Return to You (Laurel Heights, #3)
  • Take A Deep Breath
  • Can't Help Falling in Love (San Francisco Sullivans, #3; The Sullivans, #3)
  • This Time Forever
  • Bluegrass State of Mind (Bluegrass Series, #1)
  • The Executive's Decision (Keller Family, #1)
  • Almost Perfect (Perfect Trilogy, #1)
  • With this Kiss
  • The Love Of A Cowboy (Callister, #1)
  • Beauty and the Feast
  • Hired by the Cowboy (Windover Ranch #1)
  • Wild Irish Ride (Weldon, #1)
  • The Wild One (The de Montforte Brothers, #1)
  • Shut Up and Kiss Me
  • Maid for the Billionaire (Legacy Collection, #1)
  • A Little Bit of Déjà Vu (Return to Redemption, #1)
  • Shameless (Nashville Nights, #1)
  • Private Paradise (Private, #2)
aka M.S. Force

About the Author
About the Author
***Start reading Marie's New York Times Bestselling Gansett Island Series today with Maid for Love, free on Amazon. You can also sign up for Marie's newsletter at marieforce.com on the left hand side of the page.***

Marie Force is the New York Times bestselling author of contemporary romance, including the Gansett Island Series, which has sold more than
More about Marie Force...

The McCarthys of Gansett Island (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Fool for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #2)
  • Ready for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #3)
  • Falling for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #4)
  • Hoping for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #5)
  • Season for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #6)
  • Longing for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #7)
  • Waiting for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #8)
  • Time for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #9)
  • Meant for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #10)
  • Gansett After Dark (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #11)

“This is love. Finally, he understood. This was what made sane men into fools.” 2 likes
“You hear about people waiting too long to retire, then one of ’em gets sick. . .” 0 likes