Start by marking “Maid for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #1)” as Want to Read:
Maid for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #1)

Maid for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island #1)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  16,084 ratings  ·  1,024 reviews
With more than 2 million copies of the New York Times Bestselling McCarthys of Gansett Island Series sold since Maid for Love debuted in April 2011, this series has quickly become a fan favorite! See where it all began for FREE!

The McCarthys of Gansett Island: Book 1

Maddie Chester is determined to leave her hometown of Gansett Island, a place that has brought her only bad
Published April 29th 2011 by Smashwords Edition (first published April 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Maid for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maid for Love

The Look of Love by Bella AndreFrom This Moment On by Bella AndreCan't Help Falling in Love by Bella AndreI Only Have Eyes for You by Bella AndreIf You Were Mine by Bella Andre
Romance Series about Families
7th out of 518 books — 226 voters
Raw by Belle AuroraFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesWallbanger by Alice ClaytonCrashed by K. BrombergThis Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
Most Talked about Books on Facebook
98th out of 863 books — 1,889 voters

More lists with this book...

"I had no idea what it meant to be in love until I knocked you off your bike and you knocked me off my feet."

Maddie Chester is a maid working for mom and pop McCarthy at their resort and hotel and also doing some housekeeping for them at their home. Running late one day, Maddie directly runs into Mac McCarthy, one of the five McCarthy children. Mac is back on Gansett Island on a forced s
WOW I just LOVED this book. I stayed up till 6 am reading because I could NOT put it down. This is the perfect read for when you're in cheesy moods and wanna read one of those reads with the PERFECT HEA. I can understand why some rated it lower though, but as I was just in this kind of mood, feeling all mellow, LOL, I just adore this read.

In this installment we get to read about one of the famous McCarthy brothers. All the boys in this family were always consider golden boys: Rich, sexy-as-hell
This is one of those books that I really think that you have to read with either a) a fair amount of disbelief suspended or b)you just love the romance fantasy of a basic Cinderella story.

Mac McCarthy is from a wealthy family who are well known and liked on a small New England island.

Maddie Chester lives on the same island but is of a decidedly less golden family. She was tormented in high school for developing early. And one lie by one guy resulted in a tarnished reputation that followed her in
This was a wonderful heartwarming story,Mac-Maddie two cuties who meet through an accident and from then n there their journey towards their HEA starts

Absolutely adored Mac he has a caring nature,his humbleness towards others,his trust loyalty determination towards Maddie his love and way he aches for Maddie and does everything to bring happiness and smile on Maddie's and Thomas face

Maddie she has suffered cause of other's ego and pride which has made her quiet bitter but when Mac comes into he
I really enjoyed this book. Mac is the easy going, loyal beta hero and Maddie, is the down on her luck heroine (with baby in tow). Things move along very fast in this story, it's a sweet fantasy romance. Mac falls in love at first sight and saves "the day" for our heroine. Nothing wrong with that every once in a while! :)

Written July 19, 2014

3 Stars - Sweet, tender and romantic cute

An seven hours audio romance for just $2. I can see that a lot of readers liked all these books in The McCarthys of Gansett Island series. So did Mo who recommended me this one when the ebook was a freebie a year ago.

Three stars for a an ordinary nice contemporary romance. ~ Maybe wasn't this audio narration the very best (slightly monotonous without much feeling) but I enyojed more or less.

Why am I not surprised by the slut-shaming? Maddie’s nickname is Mattress because she banged all the boys in high school and the whole town hates her. But Mac and his insta-love don’t believe the rumors. What do ya know? She says they aren’t true. Good thing because what hero wouldn’t care at all about a heroine’s slutty past? It doesn’t matter that Mac was a ho-bag before his instantaneous and soul-deep connection to Maddie. He says he’s not a playboy. He just used women for sex but that’s okay ...more
Every once in a while I need a book like Maid for Love because my brain needs a break from the H and h fighting vampire wars, running from a drug lord, or waiting for the rake to realize he is in love. Maid for Love has little in the way of conflict, in fact I kept waiting for something gut wrenching to happen but it never came. This book is simply about two very nice people who fall in love and I found it sweet and heartwarming.

I always enjoy Marie Force's storytelling and writing style. Like
5 stars for Maid for Love - contemporary romance by Marie Force

Maid for Love is the first book in a new series (The McCarthys of Gansett Island) by Marie Force. Starting this book, I was curious but not very hopeful because I usually prefer her romantic-suspense novels. I was nicely surprised by this funny, romantic and delicious Cinderella story.

Maddie Chester is a maid for the McCarthy family hotel on Gansett Island. She is basically considered the town tramp and when she gives birth to he

Too predictable and cheesy!
Almost the whole story seemed unreal and impossible. The characters, in my opinion, were not realistic as well. The hero was too perfect, too good to be true! The dialogue sounded strange, might be because it was too intentionally sweet.

The heroine, Maddie, I didn't like her from the beginning because she kept pushing Mac away though he tried every way to help her. She was so annoying!

When Maddie found out that Mac made the guys, who caused her to have a bad repu
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Chick Lit
Series: Book#1 in The McCarthys of Gansett Island

Relax, Mac. I want to kiss you everywhere."- Maddie
"You can't use my own words against me."-Mac
"Oh no? Watch me."-Maddie in
Maid for Love

Brief Summary
Maddie Chester has worked for the McCarthy Resort & Hotel in housekeeping for 8 years. But today she is running a little late and due to her lateness she will directly collide into the love of her life. When Maddie is thrown from her
Such a good read. This book had me dying laughing, so warning if you're sick or have a bad cough not a good idea to read this during such hard times. I've learned from experience. :)

Mac McCarthy has spent most of his life trying to get away from his hometown. After more than 15 years away. Hes returned to help his father repair the inn. Only to run into Maddie Chester; whose experience on the island has left her unable to trust men and had her labled the "town whore".

""After awhile, I got sick
I'm a big fan of the Fatal Affair series from Marie Force (even if after the third book it drops in quality)so I thought there was no harm in reading the first of the McCarthys' series since it was free on Amazon.

So, Maid for Love is about Maddie Chester, a single mum whose live has been seriously impacted for having big boobs and having had a reputation for being easy during high school.

Mac is the eldest of the McCarthys and after a panic attack retires to the quiet island he grew up on and w
Being that this is a MF book I really expected to love it but I just didn't! Don't get me wrong, I did like it and thought it good and I am even glad that I took the time to read it, but I just didn't fall in love with it....Maybe I just wasn't in the mood :(
This is the first book in the series about a family that lives on an small island off Rhode Island. It is a love at first sight, small town love story where the golden boy returns from a big city job to his hometown for a needed break and he literally runs into the tramp of the the town, known as Mattress Maddie. She is a single mom who has always been looked down upon and wrongly stereotyped because she has built like a pin-up girl. She was labeled in high school because some boys spread false ...more
Angie's Dreamy Reads
I thought this was such a cute heartwarming love story! Mac and Maddie are adorable. Mac is the perfect gentlemen, he wins you over right away with his charm. I loved Maddie she was a very real and relatable. The story is really sweet and quite charming, definitely a book that will leave you smiling!
Anna D.
Simply perfect...

It helped that I was in the right mood for this book. It’s really quite a simple, almost modern day Cinderella-like story in which the handsome prince comes home after almost 20 years and rescues the poor damsel in distress – that he just happened to knock off a bike. Mac is seriously a perfect book-boyfriend/husband material. Everything he says and does is just right.

The addition of Thomas, Maddie’s 9 month old son, was wonderful. Mac was incredible sweet and so good with the
Becky ♡The Bookworm♡
I need to be careful here as to not totally bash this book. It was a freebie and after seeing all the four and five star reviews I decided to give it a try. I had to wonder (as others have said) if I was reading the same book, or was it just me?

The actual plot had so much potential, but there were significant problems with the writing and timelines that left me scratching my head while saying, "Huh!?" Sorry, folks. I just didn't like this one.

Since this was written in 2011, I'm sure the author h
Petra (Safari Poet)
Maddie Chester is just living her life on Gansett Island on her way to work when she bumps into Mac McCarthy, literally and he begins to fall for her, figuratively. Mac is the kinda of guy who goes the extra mile and helps Maddie despite her repeated objections to take care of her son. She has always done thing for herself and doesn't want any help, especially a McCarthy's, but can't deny her attraction for long. Just as Maddie starts to believe in Mac and a life she never allowed herself to dre ...more
/ 3.5 Stars

As a girl in high school, Maddie rejected one of the popular boys. He exacted his revenge by spreading vicious rumours about her. Now many years later she is still considered the town tramp by just about everyone on Gansett Island.

After Mac knocks her off her bicycle she is incapable of working at his families hotel where she is a cleaner. He decides to make amends by helping her out until she is better. Almost from the first he realizes her reputation isn't deserved and soon finds
First of all I have to say that the fact that I was able to download this one for free on Amazon... is just a major bonus! Maid for Love was a sweet little story that has me itching to read the rest of the McCarthy's series. I loved Mac, there is nothing quite like a playboy who gets knocked on his behind by a sweet innocent girl who doesn't care to give him the time of day. I also loved Maddie, granted she did get on my nerves a little and got angry over something a little silly, but I can unde ...more
3.75 stars. This is a pleasant love story with some sizzle. It's part of a popular series. The series takes place on Gansett Island, off Rhode Island. Maddie Chester is a single mother working as housekeeper at McCarthy's Resort, striving to raise a baby. Accidentally, Mac McCarthy knocks her over as she bikes to work. Ouch!

He feels terrible about it...and terribly attracted to her, but she doesn't want to play pauper to his prince. We go from there.

Nothing too special, but a nice enough time-
Kristi Davis
Oh dear... Having access to my Kindle ap through my iPhone doesn't do me any favors. While I was supposed to be working, I instead took an extra long lunch break to finish up Maid for Love! I first got started on Marie Force from Love at First Flight. I was SO happy to hear she self-published a few more books because I felt she wasn't writing fast enough!

Maid for Love was a wonderful story that I adored. There were some clichéd moments but every-time I was about to sigh and think it was typical
¿Sabéis ese tipo de días en el que por mucho que te leas estudies una y otra vez el mismo párrafo sobre un tema de dietética y cuando lo terminas estás igual que al principio? Bueno, hoy he tenido uno de esos días. Sólo he podido estudiarme dos temas. DOS temas de UNA sola asignatura en un DOMINGO, básicamente ese día perfecto para estudiar porque tienes mañana y tarde para estudiar. DOS TEMAS. Así que sí, lo he tirado todo por la borda y me he puesto a leer.

Criado para el amor es una historia
Well this was a cute quick and easy read..almost zero angst but Maddie drove me bonkers at times.. but it was a sweet story.

Kindle freebie 7/6/2014!
I feel bad writing this review because after all the book was free. But it got on my last nerve.

This book was completely unrealistic. The couple meets because Mac ran into Maddy with his bike, injuring her. A few hours later, he's moved into her apartment, taking care of her son, taking over her job etc. Within 2 days they're discussing marriage.

Maddy's a complete doormat who does nothing to actually improve her life. I don't mind a Cinderella story, but if it's placed in the present day, some i
Sheyla ✎
Maddie Chester wishes she could move away from this island. She has had bad luck since her breast developed during high school. She got a reputation that she didn't deserve. And since she is a single mother, gossip still surrounds her. She is working for the McCarthy’s Resort Hotel as a maid. She is on her way to work on her bike when Mac McCarthy crosses her path, literally. To avoid him, she hurts herself pretty badly. Mac feels completely responsible for the accident and decides to move into ...more

I have to admit that I enjoyed Maid for Love by Marie Force more than I thought I would. I expected this novel to be your average, stereotypical adult romance novel – a good and solid 3 STAR rating. However, Maddie and Mac’s love story was better than good; it was great! This story was sweet, heartfelt, and sexy.

I really enjoyed both of the leading characters in this novel, but I must admit that Mac stole the show and my heart. He’
This series is so perfect for a vacation/beach read. Mac McCarthy is a modern day prince charming. Marie Force is my go to for a feel good book. Her writing is spot on for a fast and easy light hearted read. If your looking for something along the lines of a modern day Cinderella then this one is for you.

This just misses my five star list, for a few reasons, but the value of $2.99 kindle was amazing for this well rounded full story and I will highly recommend it to all my reading friends.

Mac w
  • Love Me (Take Me, #2)
  • The Executive's Decision (Keller Family, #1)
  • The Teacher's Billionaire (The Sherbrookes of Newport #1)
  • Almost Perfect (Perfect Trilogy, #1)
  • Twelve Days
  • Cross My Heart (Landry, #2)
  • Take A Deep Breath
  • Maid for the Billionaire (Legacy Collection, #1)
  • Love Will Find a Way
  • Secret Santa
  • Hired by the Cowboy (Windover Ranch #1)
  • The Wild One (The de Montforte Brothers, #1)
  • Someone to Believe In (O'Neil Family, #1)
  • The Other Side of Us
  • Lawful Escort (Eternal Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Needing Nita (Serve and Protect, #3.5)
  • Playing for Keeps (Pillow Talk, #3)
  • This Time Forever (Glebe Point, #1)
aka M.S. Force

About the Author
With more than 4 million books sold, Marie Force is the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling, award-winning author of more than 40 contemporary romances. Her New York Times bestselling self-published Gansett Island Series has sold 2 million e-books since Maid for Love was released in 2011. She is also the author of the New York Times bestselli
More about Marie Force...

The McCarthys of Gansett Island (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Fool for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #2)
  • Ready for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #3)
  • Falling for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #4)
  • Hoping for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #5)
  • Season for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #6)
  • Longing for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #7)
  • Waiting for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #8)
  • Time for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #9)
  • Meant for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #10)
  • Gansett After Dark (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #11)

“This is love. Finally, he understood. This was what made sane men into fools.” 2 likes
“You hear about people waiting too long to retire, then one of ’em gets sick. . .” 0 likes