Start by marking “Lump: 19 Monologues from a 27-Year-Old Breast Cancer Survivor” as Want to Read:
Lump: 19 Monologues from a 27-Year-Old Breast Cancer Survivor

Lump: 19 Monologues from a 27-Year-Old Breast Cancer Survivor

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  3 reviews
"Biting, Unsentimental... The monologues give voice to a wry, Gen-Y sensibility that is poignantly disarming..." Kirkus Review
This remarkable collection of monologues for young women showcases the complex, unique, and true stories of a woman unexpectedly thrust into the world of breast cancer.
Ranging from the comedic to the dramatic, and often incorporating both styles...more
Published June 1st 2011 by Sublimity Press

To ask other readers questions about Lump, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lump

Nicole
Definitely not your typical memoir - LUMP is a series of monologues that can be read or performed. Either way, the Leena Luther asks that the reader embrace the performance aspect of her work. I thought, at first, that this might be hard to do. But - and maybe having seen the Vagina Monologues about 4 dozen times helped - I found myself really getting into it, reading certain passages out loud, seriously feeling the spoken emotion behind each word.

Which was refreshing. And we're talking about b...more
Liz V.
May 22, 2013 Liz V. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: every cancer patient and caregiver
Leena Luther's monologues were not at all what I expected, but they are perfect.

When Monologues arrived in today's mail, I read them in one sitting. Luther is younger than I and her cancer treatment more extensive, yet each of the monologues resonated with me.

I wanted a copy for the cancer Wellness House where I go to talk to other cancer survivors and to enjoy life in a safe, cozy environment. Counseling is available to patients, their families, and their care givers. A book club is in the wor...more
Susan
As someone who works for Komen for the Cure, I have read many books by women about their breast cancer journeys. This was particularly touching because it was a collection of just short thought pieces - serious and comic - about the experience from diagnosis through treatment to survivorship. This can easily be read in a short time in one sitting and I think that it has greater impact because of that.
Dessyloving Alexander
Dessyloving Alexander marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Shauna
Shauna marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2013
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2012
Vaneza Vasquez
Vaneza Vasquez marked it as to-read
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Kayla Beth
Kayla Beth marked it as to-read
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Paul Topping
Paul Topping marked it as to-read
Aubrey
Aubrey marked it as to-read
miki
miki marked it as to-read
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Kim Higdon
Kim Higdon marked it as to-read
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Valarie
Valarie marked it as to-read
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2011
Laura marked it as to-read
Gretchen
Gretchen marked it as to-read
Tracey (YA Book Addict)
Tracey (YA Book Addict) marked it as to-read
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Dani Moore
Dani Moore marked it as to-read
Kristin Prebarich
Kristin Prebarich marked it as to-read
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Roxanne Carelli Elwell
Roxanne Carelli Elwell marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2011
Meaghan
Meaghan marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2011