Start by marking “The Words Lincoln Lived By: 52 Timeless Principles to Light Your Path” as Want to Read:
The Words Lincoln Lived By: 52 Timeless Principles to Light Your Path

The Words Lincoln Lived By: 52 Timeless Principles to Light Your Path

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  35 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
A Lincoln scholar and performer brings the warmth, wisdom, and humor of our sixteenth president alive in a collection of inspiring quotations on achievement, responsibility, simplicity, and other timeless values that form the foundation of a meaningful life.

The Words Lincoln Lived By is a stirring, inspirational treasury of quotations from our greatest and most admired pre
Published February 12th 1998 by Touchstone

To ask other readers questions about The Words Lincoln Lived By, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Words Lincoln Lived By

Martin
Apr 14, 2015 Martin rated it really liked it
In between giant books about Lincoln's life and covering dissections of his famous speeches (the world needs more books like these! - oh, there aren't enough great speeches), I required something of a smaller dose on Honest Abe to digest in full. This one fit the bill perfectly, accepted in small bites, but nevertheless offered quite a full view of the man and his philosophies. Good primer.
Amanda Yamate
Jan 29, 2016 Amanda Yamate rated it it was amazing
This book is an excellent way to get one's "Lincoln Fix." It is inspirational and educational. It's also a "quick read." I highly recommend it for fans of history and self-help texts.
Andrew
Mar 15, 2015 Andrew rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Gene Griessman captures the wit and wisdom of America's greatest president. I read this book over the course of a year, covering one segment a week. Each section, with a length of 1-2 pages, examines a virtue Lincoln lived by. Expect to find quotes regarding courage, morality, humor, charity, and all the other wonderful attributes that made Abraham Lincoln the greatest man ever to hold America's highest office. "The Words Lincoln Lived By" combines historical facts with personal details in order ...more
Dick
Mar 24, 2009 Dick rated it it was amazing
Gene Griessman is a motivational speaker and literally becomes Abraham Lincoln in his work. Gene literally wraps himself in the essence of Lincoln. This short book is filled with Lincoln's philosophy and how to live life. Filled with his core wisdom. I am humbled to be a friend of Gene Griessman. Gene over time has literally become a national treasure.
Sharon Goss
Apr 17, 2012 Sharon Goss rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The little book is divided into 52 very small chapters (1-2 pages each) so that one can read one each week of the year. However, it can be read quickly, as I did. This is an excellent book to use with young adults to teach moral principles. It is also an excellent reference book. History of Lincoln's time rolled into the discussion in each chapter.
Dara
May 17, 2013 Dara rated it it was amazing
Great book! Whenever someone would ask what famous person would you want to have dinner with, I really couldn't come up with a good answer. Now I can - Abraham Lincoln. By focusing on a quality and one of Lincoln's quotes related to it, Gene was able to share a piece of history about Lincoln. The book makes me want to read more about Lincoln.
Jacqueline
Apr 21, 2013 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
I picked up this book at the Ford's Theater museum the night after I'd seen the movie, "Lincoln." It's a nice way to extend the power of seeing the movie.
Bonnie
Jul 06, 2009 Bonnie rated it really liked it
I love this book. It brings history and the struggles in Lincoln's life to the forefront while demonstrating his gifted leadership.
Karen
Karen added it
Jan 19, 2016
David
David marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Katie Page
Katie Page rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2015
Julinda Ooi
Julinda Ooi marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Eric Vinyard
Eric Vinyard rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2015
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
May 11, 2015
Martin
Martin rated it really liked it
May 06, 2015
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Hallie Tripp
Hallie Tripp rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2015
Sean
Sean added it
Jan 17, 2015
Nancy Cothrum
Nancy Cothrum marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Kacy Davis
Kacy Davis marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Joel
Joel rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2014
Jean
Jean rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2014
Trog Trogdon
Trog Trogdon rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2014
Steve S
Steve S rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2014
Landon Blackham
Landon Blackham marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014