The Words Lincoln Lived By: 52 Timeless Principles to Light Your Path

The Words Lincoln Lived By: 52 Timeless Principles to Light Your Path

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A Lincoln scholar and performer brings the warmth, wisdom, and humor of our sixteenth president alive in a collection of inspiring quotations on achievement, responsibility, simplicity, and other timeless values that form the foundation of a meaningful life.

The Words Lincoln Lived By is a stirring, inspirational treasury of quotations from our greatest and most admired pre...more
Published February 12th 1998 by Touchstone

Dick
Gene Griessman is a motivational speaker and literally becomes Abraham Lincoln in his work. Gene literally wraps himself in the essence of Lincoln. This short book is filled with Lincoln's philosophy and how to live life. Filled with his core wisdom. I am humbled to be a friend of Gene Griessman. Gene over time has literally become a national treasure.
Sharon Goss
The little book is divided into 52 very small chapters (1-2 pages each) so that one can read one each week of the year. However, it can be read quickly, as I did. This is an excellent book to use with young adults to teach moral principles. It is also an excellent reference book. History of Lincoln's time rolled into the discussion in each chapter.
Dara
Great book! Whenever someone would ask what famous person would you want to have dinner with, I really couldn't come up with a good answer. Now I can - Abraham Lincoln. By focusing on a quality and one of Lincoln's quotes related to it, Gene was able to share a piece of history about Lincoln. The book makes me want to read more about Lincoln.
Jacqueline
I picked up this book at the Ford's Theater museum the night after I'd seen the movie, "Lincoln." It's a nice way to extend the power of seeing the movie.
Bonnie
I love this book. It brings history and the struggles in Lincoln's life to the forefront while demonstrating his gifted leadership.
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Rico
Rico marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2013
Frank
Frank marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2012
Michelle Blyth
Michelle Blyth marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2012
Robb
Robb added it
Jun 12, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2012
Lincoln Speaks to Leaders: 20 Powerful Lessons for Today's Leaders from America's 16th President Lincoln and Obama The Inspirational Words of Abraham Lincoln