Start by marking “You... Again: Baby Blessed / Yesterday Once More” as Want to Read:
You... Again: Baby Blessed / Yesterday Once More

You... Again: Baby Blessed / Yesterday Once More

Baby Blessed

Going home, baby and all?

Published December 27th 2011 by Mira (first published December 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about You... Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You... Again

Connie N.
This is actually a compilation of 2 separate stories originally released in the 80's and 90's. Both stories focus on 2nd chances. The 1st, Baby Blessed, was quite good, following a couple who had lost a son to SIDS and are trying to come to terms with an unexpected pregnancy. Not only are they are struggling with their fears and insecurities about having another child, but they are working through their issues about getting back together after grief had torn their marriage apart. I'd give this 4 ...more
Julie
Jan 15, 2012 Julie rated it really liked it
Typical Debbie Macomber book - which I LOVE!
Julie Barrett
Jun 12, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing
You Again by Debbie Macomber
2 stories by Debbie Macomber.
Baby Blessed by Debbie Macomber
Molly works at the remote village in South Africa and is surprised when her husband shows up from the helicopter. He is there to bring her back to the US but the army is fighting and they hide out in a safe place and confront one another.
Jordan is fired on and struck on their way out of the remote village and fly to London then to Chicago so he can recuperate. She stays with her father til she has a chat with
Melissa
Apr 02, 2012 Melissa rated it liked it
Usually I can't get into Debbie's books but this one stole my heart!!! What a heart breaking story of two people so in love and have something horrible happen to them and tear them apart. Instead of grieving together they pull apart into their own worlds until one just leaves, drops off the face of the earth or goes to another country to help people. But now they will be together again with Jordan goes to get Molly to bring her home but not to him or for him.

Jordan is an amazing character whom
UberApril
Sep 04, 2015 UberApril rated it it was ok
Recommended to UberApril by: Amy Ikari
This book fulfills my book challenge of reading a book that was previously abandoned. This book has two stories so I will review each story. The two star rating is for the entire book. Baby Blessed oh gawd this story was so awful that I hesitate to give it two stars. But I finished it so based on my own rating I was forced to move it from one star to two. These two people argued fucked and argued some more. Just ridiculous. Yesterday One More I actually laughed more than I should over this story ...more
Marcia  Haskell
Jun 25, 2012 Marcia Haskell rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
'Baby Blessed

Going home, baby and all?

Molly Larabee left her husband, Jordan, after a tragedy destroyed her faith in their marriage. She began a new life as a foreign aid volunteer. But now, four years later, her safety is in jeopardyand Jordan comes to her rescue. She discovers that her feelings for him have never died, and they share a night of passion that results in pregnancy.

Molly wants her husband back. But Jordan, still hurt by her leaving, asks for a divorce. Can a baby reunite them?

Yest
Reeds
Oct 12, 2016 Reeds added it
"Baby Blessed" I will never need to read this story again. So tired of that couple fighting, but can't keep their hands off each other.

"Yesterday Once More" So many “marriage of convenience” in romance novels, and yet I realize that I don’t know a single soul in real life who has had one. If they’re all as whiny as this one, I’ll be sure not to do this myself, if I ever wind up in a novel.

"Yesterday Once More" also reminds me of another of her stories "Ready for Marriage."

The narrator "Amy McFa
Mayanna
Feb 17, 2014 Mayanna rated it it was ok
Shelves: could-not-finish
2 Stars
I could not even finish the first story of this book. Reading the synopsis I thought this would be a pretty good read, the characters sounded intriguing and their scenario's sounded heartwarming and pretty interesting to read. However what I got instead was; annoying characters, stupid scenarios, and batshxt events that did not even make any sense what so ever. The writing style of Mrs. Debbie Macomber is good but it also is not that great. The characters are too deep into their own inner
Barbi
Aug 18, 2016 Barbi rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful heartwarming book with 2 stories all about 2nd chances.

In Baby Blessed, Molly and Jordan suffered the loss of their son due to SIDS and essentially put their marriage on hold. Several years later, Jordan decides to move on and get remarried. First, he has to divorce Molly who is working in Africa. Jordan rescues her and discovers that he is still in love with his wife. They just have to conquer the loss of their son and deal with the grief.

In Yesterday Once More, Julie moves
Brittany
Nov 07, 2012 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance and Hope Lovers
Reading the first story "Baby Blessed" was like having an emotional roller-coaster along the characters Molly and Jordan Larabee who are struggling with their relationship after losing their son to SIDS as they try to make it work after being apart for over 3 years! So many ups and downs and I just wanted to slap them both for it XD but it was such a good read though, id so read this again!

"Yesterday Once More" is about Daniel Van Deen and his ex-fiance Julie, she comes back into the city after
Char (1RadReader59)
Jan 11, 2012 Char (1RadReader59) rated it really liked it
I loved Debbie's books so much that these books were no different. Here style of writing just flows. I know these relationships are happening a lot but I like to think as women we have evolved. In both books the women waiting around walking on egg duels waiting for their men to make a decision on if they will love them enough to stay with them. I can only hope its due to these being older stories as her book I read before this one. But still I enjoyed the book enough to finish it the characters ...more
April Suter
Jan 23, 2012 April Suter rated it really liked it
Baby Blessed: Jordan goes to Africa to get his wife, Molly, to agree to a divorce after being separted for 3 years. It was tough on their marriage when they lost their baby to SIDS and they are ready to move on....maybe....

Yesterday Once More: Julie left Wichita and Daniel 3 years ago because the stress of a wedding was too much. She returns now to apologize and finds Daniel's mother requesting forgiveness first because of her declining health. Now Daniel and Julie must make Mrs. VanDeen happy
Jeanne
Dec 12, 2014 Jeanne rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This is another 2 for 1 book by Macomber. Baby Blessed is about a couple who's baby had died of SIDS. Molly and Jordon could not express their grief together. They went their separate ways but fate threw them together in a most unusual way.

Yesterday Once More is about Julie who walked out on her marriage to Daniel 5 days before the wedding. Now she's back in town to make amends to both Daniel and his mother.

They were easy reads.
Hope Frost
Apr 08, 2013 Hope Frost rated it liked it
If you enjoy a book that is full of angst, this is the book for you. I am not really in to the angst and back and forth kind of thing, but I did enjoy the story for the most part. My favorite part, was the rescue and not so much the back and forth and indecision that followed, that being said, I did enjoy the characters and the story line, I think it was just to much angst packed in to a little book.
Moey17
Jul 10, 2012 Moey17 rated it really liked it
Deborah Darsie
Aug 24, 2012 Deborah Darsie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Debbie Macomber fans
Recommended to Deborah by: Borrowed from a friend-library
Gentle stories of loving relationships damaged and with the passing of time and some work on both sides of the relationships rediscovering why they got together in the first place.

No huge surprises really. The quality of story telling and character development is somewhat apparent (at least 10 years between the 2 stories).

Dana Arcuri
Jul 13, 2012 Dana Arcuri rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Two romance stories in this book, which I found interesting, but not earth shaking terrific. The stories were cute, but very predictable. In my own opinion, the characters were too old fashioned and stuffy. I love Debbie Macomber so if you are one of her fans, it's worth checking out because maybe you will enjoy it.
Catherine Aubie
Jul 30, 2012 Catherine Aubie rated it liked it
I've read Baby Blessed and enjoyed it very much. It had a good story that made you like the characters and want to know what was going to happen to them.

The second story was not as good as the first, still enjoyable but a bit too far fetched for me.
Irene
Jun 28, 2013 Irene rated it it was amazing
such two great love stories loved them both very moveing I enjoyed every minute of this book debbies books make you want love like her characters in her books do you again/babyblessed is a must read :)
Alisha
Jul 10, 2014 Alisha rated it really liked it
I have to say I picked the WORST time to read it though. Do not read if you have recently had a baby as the story is about a couple who loses a child to SIDS so it makes you paranoid! Loved the story though. sappy too.
Jenea Chartier
Mar 04, 2012 Jenea Chartier rated it liked it
this duet shows how debbie has improved over the years. the second book was written in the 80's and the first book in the 90's.
Suzanne
Sep 10, 2013 Suzanne rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books-read
Two entertaining stories, somewhat predictable endings (which I like!), but with turns unexpected within the story itself.
Courtney Moulton
Nov 03, 2012 Courtney Moulton rated it it was amazing
This book is a good read on second chance, restarting over, and learning to trust each other again. This book has two great stories that you'll enjoy. I highly recommend.
Margaret Fraleigh
Jan 29, 2012 Margaret Fraleigh rated it it was amazing
Being a fan of Debbie Mcomber, I loved this book. There are two stories in it and
both were wonderful.
Teasuponya
Feb 19, 2012 Teasuponya rated it liked it
pretty okay... I enjoyed the two storylines... well written... needed more smut.. but was good for what it was!
Linda
Jan 04, 2012 Linda rated it liked it
Liked this book for middle of the night reading when I couldn't sleep. Good characters, but a bit sappy in the storylines. Once again, love seems to conquer all.
Liz Michaels
Nov 10, 2013 Liz Michaels rated it it was ok
Baby blessed: It was too sappy for my liking, but if you like characters who love to wallow in their sorrow, this is the book for you.
I haven't got around to the second story yet.
Lea
Dec 19, 2012 Lea rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Two stories, both about women who ran away from their husband or husband-to-be, and discovered years later they wanted them back. Babies in the plot.
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2014
Kathy Leftwich
Kathy Leftwich rated it liked it
May 22, 2014
  • Making Spirits Bright
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Home at Rose Cottage: Three Down the Aisle\What's Cooking? (Rose Cottage Sisters #1-2)
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Perfect Harmony: Unfinished Business / Local Hero
  • Heartache Falls (Eternity Springs, #3)
  • The Promise of Home (Mirror Lake, #5)
  • Her Unforgettable Cowboy (Cowboys of Sunrise Ranch, #1)
  • Better Than Chocolate (Life in Icicle Falls, #1)
  • Once Upon a Christmas: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year/'Twas the Week Before Christmas
  • Cowboy at Midnight (Fortunes of Texas: Reunion #1)
  • Hunting the Wolfe (Men of Mysteries Past, #2)
  • Betting on Love
  • Second Chance in Dry Creek
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 990 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...