Start by marking “Blue Horizon” as Want to Read:
Blue Horizon

Blue Horizon

4.64 of 5 stars 4.64  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Part of a secret government project, Elena Davidson’s life is in serious jeopardy when she is kidnapped by terrorists. Safeguarding 'Blue Horizon' isn’t just a mission to Elena. She knows that if its purpose is revealed and if it falls into the wrong hands, it could be dangerous for the entire world.

Beckham Connors has a simple mission: the retrieval of Elena Davidson, no
Published February 19th 2013 by Secret Cravings Publishing (first published June 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Horizon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Horizon

InD'Tale Magazine
J.L. Hammer has given readers a sandy adventure through the desert, with a secret ops type mission in “Blue Horizon”.

Full review in April 2013 issue in InD'tale Magazine.
Tracey Steinbach
I loved this book! It was fast-paced, a page turner! The characters were easy to get attached to and the plot was interesting. I found myself getting teary-eyed in places and grinning in others. J. L., you have a fan in me!
Georgianna Simpson
Feb 27, 2013 Georgianna Simpson rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romance and adventure fans
WOW! I’m amazed at this fantastic story. It’s a smaller book than usual (less than 200 pages) but is absolutely packed from the beginning with intense action, emotion and great characters. Written by J.L. Hammer this is a powerhouse of unexpected delight.
Here’s a little background on the main characters: Elena Davidson is a 27 year old engineer on a government project and is kidnapped by Iranian terrorists and subjected to torture and brutalization. Cole Davidson is a captain in the AF and is El
Lori- Lusty Penguin Reviews
Lovers of romantic suspense will completely enjoy Blue Horizon by J. L. Hammer, an entertaining story with two romantic relationships to go along with a complex plot including kidnapping, terrorists, treason, and a government weapons project.

Elena Davidson, a Blue Horizon project engineer, is kidnapped by terrorists who hope to gain information about the weapons project. Elena’s rescuer is Beckham Connors, a mercenary hired by the US government to get her out of Iran. Elena doesn’t expect to fal
E.J. Findorff
I'm typically not a "special forces" "espionage" type of reader and I generally don't give written reviews, but I enjoyed this one for several reasons. The action (and there was plenty of it) was nicely balanced with the unlikely relationships that developed with its characters. It was tense, thrilling, and every time I tried to put it down, I thought 'maybe one more chapter'. Although I found it leans towards a romance novel, it was satisfying that Blue Horizon was more about its well developed ...more
Lauren Mayet
My love of military crime dramas like NCIS made devour this story. I felt like I was right there with the team of NCIS only instead of Tony and Ziva, there is Beckham and Elena with her brother Cole trying to save the day. i absolutely loved this story. Who doesn't like a mercenary who saves your life from being tortured by crazy men like Falla.

This is a must read with all the adventure, romance, and all....I absolutely love this one.

Happy Reading.
Carmen
Crazy good
Tara
I really enjoyed this book. Lots of heart pounding action and suspense, no slow spots. The main characters are not only likeable, but believable.
KJ
Excellent adventure. This story is full of foreign intrigue,romance, betrayal, special ops. This novel has it all.
Cheryl
Sep 09, 2011 Cheryl marked it as to-read
from a Goodreads ad
W.E. Lawrence
W.E. Lawrence marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Jadeite Sandiego
Jadeite Sandiego marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Stormylove96yahoo.com
Stormylove96yahoo.com marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Cyn
Cyn marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Lydia Perversius
Lydia Perversius marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Evelyn
Evelyn marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2013
Connie N.
Connie N. marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Natasza Waters
Natasza Waters marked it as to-read
May 27, 2013
Jeanine McAdam
Jeanine McAdam marked it as to-read
May 05, 2013
Lynn Worton
Lynn Worton marked it as to-read
May 05, 2013
Mia Bishop
Mia Bishop marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2013
Flossie
Flossie marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2013
Terri
Terri marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2013
Yvette
Yvette marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
J.L. Hammer writes fast-paced novels filled with suspense, romantic tension, and gripping action. Her next novel, Nothing But Trouble (Vegas Vixens series book #1), releases in November 2014 with Entangled Publishing. J.L. is a member of the International Thriller Writers and Romance Writers of America.

Friend her Facebook page at
www.facebook.com/hammerJL

Follow her on Twitter at
More about J.L. Hammer...
Nothing but Trouble Outmaneuvered 13th Annual Writer's Digest Short Short Story Competition Collection