Start by marking “A Treasure Deep (Perry Sachs #1)” as Want to Read:
A Treasure Deep (Perry Sachs #1)

A Treasure Deep (Perry Sachs #1)

Famous engineer Perry Sachs pursues a booby-trapped bounty with vision and faith, but must fend off the increasingly desperate attempts of a modern-day murderer.
Published January 1st 2005 by Barbour Publishing (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Treasure Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Treasure Deep

Symon
Mar 22, 2011 Symon rated it liked it
I finished Alton Gansky's 'A Treasure Deep' the other day. When I saw it on sale and read the backcover, the Indiana Jones inside of me just couldn't resist.

The book's plot revolves around one archaelogical dig containing a relic which will undoubtedly be the biggest discovery in modern history, effectively re-writing all the history books and confirming the Christian faith beyond all doubt. The problem is that the reader is kept guessing as to what the 'relic' is for most of the book. Cleverly
Feb 02, 2008 Laura rated it really liked it
Perry Sachs and his friends are digging for a treasure, but the mayor of a nearby town isn't too happy with them and someone else wants the treasure.
At the begining this book was going to get 3 stars as it took awhile to get into it and it overused cliques, but after the first few chapters it picked up and there was less cliques (Lol or I just didn't notice them). I don't think the author wrote the rest of the series, but this book stands on its own. Overall it was very intertaining.
Shelley
Nov 13, 2016 Shelley rated it really liked it
This was my first Alton Gansky and I must say, what a ride! I'm looking forward to enjoying more from this author
randy hepfer
A good read with with a hidden treasure that keeps you wondering till the end.

I would rate this book a 6 out of 10. it holds your interest throughout the book although the plot doesn't get as intense as I would like. Perry's secret is intriguing and shows how important archeology is in writing history. I would think the story would appeal to Christian teenagers and men of all ages.
Mary
Jun 07, 2016 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alton-gansky
This book by Aton Gansky is filled with suspense, greed, and faith in a story told as only Gansky can tell it. Perry Sachs and his inner circle of friends/coworkers are searching for some type of "treasure", the clues to which were found in a briefcase held by a murdered man that Perry tried to save. Involved: the dead man's wife and savant son; a wealthy man with ALS; a small town mayor who is bitter toward God. The novel is the first book in a series of three.
Sheila
Sep 16, 2012 Sheila rated it liked it
A novel about finding the burial cloth of Jesus hidden underground in California, buried near the graves of Roman soldiers and Mary Magdalene.
Frans Karlsson
Mar 26, 2014 Frans Karlsson rated it really liked it
A hunt for a treasure that could change the whole world is taking place in a small town in USA. It was fast paced and had a easy flow to it. I also liked the storyline,interesting and intriguing.
Nathan Geck
Nathan Geck rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Melinda
Melinda rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2011
Belinda Coombs
Belinda Coombs rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2007
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it really liked it
May 27, 2015
Lisa Brooks
Lisa Brooks rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Wendi Yarborough
Wendi Yarborough rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2011
Mark Davis
Mark Davis rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2013
Caleb Lang
Caleb Lang rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2013
James Konow
James Konow rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2013
Patrick
Patrick rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2012
Sandy Schmidtbauer
Wonderful series. Kept my interest all the way through.
TheDoodlingGirl
TheDoodlingGirl rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2011
Amy Binkerd
Amy Binkerd rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2012
Kim Gregory
Kim Gregory rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2016
Wes
Wes rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
Keri Brooke
Keri Brooke rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Pam Timberlake
Pam Timberlake rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2015
Noellasue
Noellasue rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2011
Mike Belonga
Mike Belonga rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Oxygen (Oxygen, #1)
  • Premonition (City of God, #2)
  • Shivering World
  • Mama Gets Trashed (A Mace Bauer Mystery, #5)
  • Second Time Around
  • The Bell Messenger
  • The Immortal
  • The Unholy Deception (Nephilim series, #2)
  • Lethal Harvest (Bioethics #1)
  • Double Cross (Taylor Pasbury, #2)
  • The Last Guardian
  • Sadie's Song (Coast of Maine, #4)
  • It Happened One Christmas
  • Blood and Bone (Jack Hawthorne Adventure #3)
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
Alton Gansky is the author of 30 books--24 of them novels, including the Angel Award winner Terminal Justice and Christy Award finalist A Ship Possessed. A frequent speaker at writing conferences, he holds a BA and MA degrees in biblical studies. Alton and his wife reside in Southern California.
More about Alton Gansky...

Perry Sachs (3 books)
  • Beneath the Ice (Perry Sachs #2)
  • Submerged (Perry Sachs #3)