Crime Scene Jerusalem: A Novel

Crime Scene Jerusalem: A Novel

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  11 reviews

Maxwell Odom is one of the nation's top crime-scene investigators. While staying at a hotel in Jerusalem, he steps out to meet his driver and discovers he has been miraculously transported to ancient Jerusalem in the days following Jesus' crucifixion.

According to his guide, the only way for Odom to return to his own time is by solving a historical crime—a conspiracy of th

Published January 1st 2007 by David C. Cook

To ask other readers questions about Crime Scene Jerusalem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crime Scene Jerusalem

Reika
Dec 16, 2012 Reika rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: owned
This book for me is an eye opener. I cried reading the book because I was already in the state of non-believing. I'm not a very religious person but it made me remember that GOD suffered so much for US. It may be true or it may not be (the thought of having GOD), but I won't loose anything if I believe, right?
Cathy Campbell
The main character in this novel is a crime-scene investigator who finds himself in a time he knows nothing about investigating the death of Jesus. He learns how the tragic events in his personal life intersect those of the first century. This is a page turner that get better with each page.
Pygmy
It sounded lulzy (jaded CSI guy gets sent back in time to ancient-day Jerusalem!) so I am giving it a shot.
---------------
ETA:

Woah, this book is irritating and boring all in one. The main character gets transported by his driver into ancient-day Jerusalem right after Jesus' death. But instead of explaining anything, the Enigmatic Driver forces the CSI guy to haul his kit around to various sites where Jesus was prior to death and have him "investigate" them. Which is ridiculous, since as soon as...more
Erin
Crime Scene Investigator Max Odom heads to Jerusalem to speak on technological advances and get away from the nightmare that his life has become. When his driver escorts him not to the conference but instead back in time to the most pivotal time in history - the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ - Max must examine the scene with modern eyes. This hardened man out of time meets disciples, rulers, and other Biblical characters and visits the garden of Gethsemane, Golgotha and the tomb a...more
Dan Rowling
I really loved this book. I really did not know how the author was going to tie everything together, but he sure did, only the way that Alton Gansky can. Not only have I recommended this to others like my mother but I have lent it to her and she has finished it in record time. It is just one of those books that you really cannot put down. The Gospel message is all thru this book and it is really good to see how it works on the main character's life throughout the story. Not only does he seem alo...more
Cathy H.
I enjoyed this fictional time travel piece back to Jerusalem after the death and resurrection of Jesus. The crime scene investigator is not a believer, and how he processes the evidence makes a very good read before Easter.
Chas Funderburg
This book was gritty, intense, and very real. You felt like you were in Jerusalem yourself, walking in the shoes of Max Odom. The attention to forensic detail enthralls you while the story keeps you glued to every page. As a believer, I liked how Yoshua Ben Joseph (Yeshua Ha Massiach) guides the investigator through a story that brings him to making a decision about to whom his life really belongs.
Clara Dearmore Strom
This was about a CSI tech sent to Jersualem and when he steps out of the hotel he is transported back 2000 years to a few days after Jesus is risen from the dead. This book gives a different perspective of the 2000 year old "crime scene".
Carol
Crime Scene Jerusalem by Alton Gansky is an excellent Christian Fiction Mystery novel. A superb blend of crime scene investigation, time travel, and suspense make this novel quite entertaining.
Kristin
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes suspenseful mysteries and Christian fiction!
Lawrence
Gansky wrote a thought provoking story. I look forward to reading more by this author.
Raban
Raban added it
Aug 13, 2014
Lori Ruether
Lori Ruether marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Kelly Gregory
Kelly Gregory marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Amanda Alexander
Amanda Alexander marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Andrea Berrios
Andrea Berrios marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Sonya Bolton
Sonya Bolton marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Connie
Connie added it
Feb 01, 2014
Tricia Robinson
Tricia Robinson marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Alton Gansky is the author of 30 books--24 of them novels, including the Angel Award winner Terminal Justice and Christy Award finalist A Ship Possessed. A frequent speaker at writing conferences, he holds a BA and MA degrees in biblical studies. Alton and his wife reside in Southern California.
More about Alton Gansky...
A Ship Possessed (J.D. Stanton #1) The Incumbent (Madison Glenn #1) Vanished (J.D. Stanton #2) Beneath the Ice (Perry Sachs #2) A Treasure Deep (Perry Sachs #1)