Start by marking “Down the Road: The Fall of Austin” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Down the Road: The Fal...

Bowie V. Ibarra

Down the Road: The Fall of Austin (Down the Road #2)

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  75 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
When the dead rise, the living must unite.

Officer Mike Runyard of the Austin Police Department and his partner, Derek Tucker, are stuck in the middle of a city overrun with the living dead. With resources and luck running out, Runyard is flung into a fight for survival among the living, the dead, and a wave of criminals released from jail into the streets of central and so
Nook, 264 pages
Published April 27th 2011 by Permuted Press (first published April 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Down the Road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Down the Road

Patrick D'Orazio
May 20, 2011 Patrick D'Orazio rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Down the Road: The Fall of Austin is not a continuation of the saga that Bowie Ibarra started with the first two novels in this series, but a story that runs parallel to it. More specifically, there are connections to the first book and the main character in that storyline, George, the teacher who is flees Austin as the zombie apocalypse gets rolling in Texas. The author takes things from a different angle, giving us a point of view from characters that were passers-by in the first story, but pl ...more
Will
Aug 11, 2011 Will rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished, Fall of Austin, the other day......WOW....all I can say is more, more, more! This is another must for the shelf of anyone who likes zombie literature.

When I started reading it I had not even put two and two together to realize Mr. Ibarra had also written, Down the Road. I should have realized it! Down the Road was the first zombie apocalypse book I had read and the book that hooked me on zombie apocalypse genre.

The, Fall of Austin, was everything I like in a zombie book. It is fast p
Frank Watson
The book started out like it was going to be good. Then it collapsed with making two Army fire teams at each other throats ready to kill one another. And it continued to do so. The writing, which was good along as it dealt with cops and drug dealers was good. But again it falls apart with the military. In a matter of days the military are the bad guys, blood thirsty and full of greed. Not caring for the people they have been entrusted to care for. I have read several zombie books and don't know ...more
Horror Reviewer
May 07, 2011 Horror Reviewer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this third book of the Down the Road series. Mr. Ibarra gets right down with the action in this fast paced tale.
Trevor
Jul 16, 2011 Trevor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies
Think the zombie/apocalyptic genre is stale? Not after you read this, it isn't.
David Blaylock
Fun to read a Zombie book that takes place in your home town.
Dave
Oct 03, 2012 Dave rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

There was every reason for me to like this book; I work in downtown Austin, live in another area specifically described ( but incorrectly named? ), and worked many years as a cop. Oh, and it was a zombie book. How could I not like it?

Somehow, Ibarra managed to miss all on four accounts. Austin, like many big cities, is target rich for settings and environments. What we get is mostly an apartment complex and IH35.

His description of the outlying suburb was good, but I wonder why he chose to alt
Crystal Michallet-Romero
Reading zombie novels is a lot like reading fan fic. Sometimes you hit, finding some really good work, and other times you miss and find really, really bad stuff. Bowie Ibarra's novel, Down the Road: The Fall of Austin, is hit and is well worth the read. The overall story is compelling, the character's brought to life in such a vivid way and the scenarios are believable. If you're a zombie fan I urge you to go out and buy this novel, you will NOT be sorry!
Gerard
Jan 21, 2012 Gerard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, very well crafted with a good story. You get involved with the characters from civilians to the army. There are good guys and bad guys and some in a grey area. Once you have finished the tale seems to be much much larger than the pages that it squeezes itself into.

Tara Wowra
Good story line but weak character development. New characters were introduced too late in the novel. Ibarra needs more experience or to team up with a more experienced writer or get a better editor to help him make the most of his story telling
Jimmy
Jul 28, 2014 Jimmy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jimmy by: Barnes & Noble.com
Shelves: ebook, zombies
2 1/2 STARS I Liked It/ It Was So-So
Full of intense action, and a real fun read. But, no surprises here. It follows a sequence of events that you'd expect.
A STAND ALONE NOVEL SET IN THE DOWN THE ROAD UNIVERSE!
Jared
Nov 11, 2013 Jared rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the first two.
This is a nice follow up but with the power of the first two I personally expected a bigger punch.
Hope more to follow.
Rusty Trosclair
Rusty Trosclair marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Ashley Beaudoin
Ashley Beaudoin marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Tullio Salvucci
Tullio Salvucci marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Dec 07, 2015
Ronnie
Ronnie marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Aud
Aud marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Tonjia
Tonjia is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
May 25, 2015
George Ibarra
George Ibarra rated it liked it
May 03, 2015
Erinn spielberger
Erinn spielberger marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Jgreen1117gmail.com
Jgreen1117gmail.com rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it did not like it
Dec 29, 2014
Deatherage's
Deatherage's rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
A Good Story is not enough 1 3 Nov 08, 2011 01:00PM
Bowie Valeriano Ibarra was born and raised in Uvalde, Texas on April 15, 1975. In his youth, he enjoyed acting, writing, and drawing. His most notable acting roles in High School include Huckleberry Finn, The Mad Hatter, Charlie Brown, and the Artful Dodger. Bowie also played wingback for the Uvalde Coyotes football team.
Bowie graduated from Uvalde High School and earned an acting scholarship to
More about Bowie V. Ibarra...

Down the Road (3 books)