Start by marking “Raining Cats & Dogs” as Want to Read:
Raining Cats & Dogs
Preview

Raining Cats & Dogs (Melanie Travis #12)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  432 ratings  ·  20 reviews
It's an all-new case for Melanie: a husband, an eight-year-old son and, count them, five poodles. Finding a new, bigger house is at the top of her agenda. To add to the mayhem. Melanie has got the task of keeping an eye on her disconcertingly beautiful new neighbor, whose absent husband is nearly as worrisome as her seven wander outdoor cats. Melanie's poodles are constant ...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 399 pages
Published December 31st 2005 by Thorndike Press (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Raining Cats & Dogs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raining Cats & Dogs

Karen
Raining Cats and Dogs by Laurien Berenson is a murder mystery with some dog and cat stories tossed in which added some humor. The main character has five poodles and a neighbor who has a bunch of cats. Her private life relating to her neighbor was the humorous part of the book. She and her poodle went to a dog obedience class which invited her to join them on their visit to the nursing home. Although they weren't therapy dogs exactly, many of the residents enjoyed seeing the dogs. I was interest ...more
Anne
Enjoyable book. For dog lovers and mystery lovers alike.
Pat
It's an all-new case for Melanie: a husband, an eight-year-old son and, count them, five poodles. Finding a new, bigger house is at the top of her agenda. To add to the mayhem, Melanie has got the task of keeping an eye on her disconcertingly beautiful new neighbour, whose absent husband is nearly as worrisome as her seven wander outdoor cats. Melanie's poodles are constantly being provoked by the frisky felines. Melanie is not going to let all of the chaos in her life deter her from enrolling h ...more
Sherrill Watson
Since I've had some experience training my dogs (which was funny, incidentally) I skimmed over parts of the first 30 pages. Like the other readers I was put off by Melanie's dislike of cats -- I like both -- and surprised that a nursing home would let a novice come in with a big dog. I liked Melanie's family dynamics though they were cardboard characters. The title -- there was no rain and no cats, so . . . ?????
Lisa
Another series I have to catch up in. Every time I read one I decide I would love to have a standard poodle...
Pat
Married.
Nursing home murder
Trade houses with Bob
Julia
Another solid book in the Melanie Travis series. A murder is committed in a senior residential facility, and it is up to Melanie to figure out who did it. The murderer is not readily apparent, so it is hard to guess who it is. Melanie has joined an obedience training class with her dog, Faith, and also joins the group in visits to the senior home. There are several new people and their dogs to meet. As a dog lover, it is always interesting to read books about other dog lovers. I am looking forwa ...more
Joan
Melanie Travis and her poodles are back for another spot of crime-solving. I enjoyed this title far less than the others I have read. The early murder of a very sympathetic character was disturbing, and the solution was just plain foolish, as if the author had written the requisite number of words and had to end the story in a hurry. The usual characters were, as always, enjoyable, but the new ones were never fully developed and remained two-dimensional.
Natalie
One of my least favorite...
Dorothy Timm
Being an animal lover, I enjoyed this book. However, if you're not crazy about dogs, there were some things I didn't like. The motive for the murder, information you needed to try to solve it, wasn't made known to the reader until near the end. Also, I didn't like the choice of who was murdered. It was kind of sad. And she didn't like cats, which I do. Overall, enjoyable, but not overly so.
Myra
3.5 stars. Melanie is enlisted to investigate the death of an elderly resident of a nursing home. A death that coincidentally happens during Melanie's first visit to the home with her standard poodle, Faith. An entertaining, well-plotted mystery. It would have gotten four stars but the vilification of cats in this book was a little heavy-handed.
Rachel
Melanie Travis enrolls her poodle Faith in an obedience class. During the classes visit to a nursing home the great aunt of one of the class members is murdered and Melanie becomes involved in solving the case. A light mystery with a bit too much about how wonderful poodles are.
Debbie
If you like dogs - and mysteries - then this is a fun book to read. If you don't like those two things, this is not the book for you!
Odetta
Mar 07, 2011 Odetta rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Odetta by: Talking Books
I really didn't like this book. There was too much about dogs. I didn't like the lady being killed.
Suzanne Platt
I'm finishing it but I am not drawn to read any other books. Not much of a mystery.
Mary
Another enjoyable Melanie Travis mystery.
Shanon Erickson
not worth wasting ur time!!!!
Lindig
Dog breeder (poodles)
Christina
Christina is currently reading it
Apr 21, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Sharelle
Sharelle marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
  • The House on Bloodhound Lane
  • Bride & Groom (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #16)
  • Sit, Stay, Slay (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #1)
  • Putting On The Dog (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #2)
  • Trouble at High Tide (Murder, She Wrote, #37)
  • Gun Shy (Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries, #3)

Melanie Travis (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • A Pedigree to Die For (Melanie Travis, #1)
  • Underdog (Melanie Travis, #2)
  • Dog Eat Dog (Melanie Travis, #3)
  • Hair of the Dog (Melanie Travis, #4)
  • Watchdog (Melanie Travis, #5)
  • Hush Puppy (Melanie Travis, #6)
  • Unleashed (Melanie Travis, #7)
  • Once Bitten (Melanie Travis, #8)
  • Hot Dog (Melanie Travis, #9)
  • Best in Show (Melanie Travis, #10)
A Pedigree to Die For (Melanie Travis, #1) Underdog (Melanie Travis, #2) Dog Eat Dog (Melanie Travis, #3) Hair of the Dog (Melanie Travis, #4) Best in Show (Melanie Travis, #10)