Start by marking “Sharpen Your Heels: Mrs. Moneypenny's Career Advice for Women” as Want to Read:
Sharpen Your Heels: Mrs. Moneypenny's Career Advice for Women

Sharpen Your Heels: Mrs. Moneypenny's Career Advice for Women

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Star Financial Times columnist Mrs. Moneypenny says the smartest thing women can do for their careers is to stop trying to “have it all” – time is scarce and you can’t excel both at work and at home, so stop feeling guilty already! Instead, she shows you how to figure out what you want, make your choices and own them in her latest book, Sharpen Your Heels: Mrs. Moneypenny'...more
Published February 2nd 2012 by Portfolio Hardcover

To ask other readers questions about Sharpen Your Heels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sharpen Your Heels

Jessica
Let me start this review by saying this: I am not a career woman. Never have been, probably never will be. My heart is at home with my children and partner. I do run a business, but it is not the center of my life.
I read this book because I heard the author give a talk to the RSA and loved some of the advice she had for women.
Here is what I think this book has to offer every woman, whether a career-minded one or a SAH mom:

1. It's important to make a list of your top priorities. Once you do this,...more
Lois
"Sharpen Your Heels" is one of the best books I've read that offers advice to women in business. It's full of useful career advice. Mrs. Moneypenny is British so it may take a minute for those of us on the other side of the pond to translate phrases such as "works a treat" and "training contract or scheme" but the problems women face as the aspire to climb the ladder are universal. Whether you're new to the corporate world or have years of experience as I do you will benefit from following Mrs....more
Kandace Ferguson
Although I think this book could benefit someone who has already begun to climb the professional ladder, it is not very helpful to those who are wanting to start out. This book seemed a little to feminist and focused on biased reasons why women have a hard time in the business world. I liked this book, but I did not love it.
Maria
I thought the tough love was good love but it can be a bit exhausting. Nonetheless, her advice is great and her life is an inspiring example for the modern day ambitious woman.
Erin

Exhausting read. Some great points if you are looking to grow your career. Question is, are you ready to do all of this for a career?
Brittnee
No... Just no.
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Wendy
Wendy is currently reading it
Jun 24, 2014
Amelia
Amelia marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Suz
Suz marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Leigh
Leigh marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Rebecca Thompson
Rebecca Thompson marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Natalia
Natalia marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Sabine
Sabine added it
Dec 27, 2013
Carolina
Carolina marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2013
Lyndsey M
Lyndsey M marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Mrs Moneypenny's Careers Advice for Ambitious Women Mrs. Moneypenny: Survival in the City