Start by marking “Diet Rehab: 28 Days to Finally Stop Craving the Foods That Make You Fat” as Want to Read:
Diet Rehab: 28 Days to Finally Stop Craving the Foods That Make You  Fat

Diet Rehab: 28 Days to Finally Stop Craving the Foods That Make You Fat

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  19 reviews
The co-host of TLC's hit series, Freaky Eaters, reveals the ultimate diet plan to kick the junk-food habit in just four weeks- without the pain of withdrawal.

In March 2010, The Scripps Research Institute released a study showing how rats on a junk-food diet had just as difficult a time-if not more so-giving up excess fat and sugar as the rats who were struggling to recove
Published December 27th 2011 by Avery

To ask other readers questions about Diet Rehab, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diet Rehab

Julia Seargeant
This book is powerfully changing my life. It has been completely amazing. Well thought out and written. Dr. Mike explains how certain eating habits directly correlate to many people's brain chemistry - particularly dopamine and seratonin. Oh how I have been eating to stimulate them! This book was a perfect fit for me. There were two aspects of the book that I found completely different from other "diets' and yet made sense.

First, he has you add certain foods and activities into your life before
Jacqui Allen
Very interesting book about brain chemistry and food addiction. Personally, I got a lot out of it and think I will be better equipped to handle the lows of life without resorting to a comforting bag of crisps or chocolate :)
Christy Harrill
Using these ideas to help me and my son with ADHD.
Pae
I like how this book wrote about like why it is not your fault that you crave for food and you don't follow on diet, it give you self encouragement and explain it in science too. Also i love how this book tell you to continue eating those food you crave for, but just add in healthy food and so on... and it really work somehow and i am excited to embark on this journey!
Juanita Johnson
My only regret is that I didn't find it earlier. Like when I went into withdrawal from sex and love addiction. It finally makes sense. I've often said its not just the food, I need other things to do besides eat. Dr. Dow has been there and he understands. I ate my way to 100 pounds overweight moving through my sex and love addiction withdrawal. I didn't know what else to substitute but food. Now it feels like giving up food is my last haven. Dr. Dow has tossed me a lifesaver. He has given me an ...more
Pedro Brescia
Melhor livro sobre emagrecimento que já li. Para quem for ler em português, não se deixe levar pelo título ridículo ("Dieta das emoções"). Trata-se de um livro sério sobre dependência alimentar, focado em fornecer estratégias para produzir equilíbrio hormonal.
Chiara
Eye-opening information about symptoms and food addiction related to low levels of brain chemicals Dopamine and Serotonin. The book included information on how to raise the levels of these brain chemicals through activity, nutrition, and consciously changing chemical-depleting thought patterns. Enjoyed that there is still room for a couple of portions of "pitfall foods" or pleasurable fattening or sweet foods which would make the program more realistic to continue with as a lifestyle change.
Minnie
This book really makes sense. It discusses overindulgence as a symptom of chemical imbalance and then proceeds to give sound advice on how to rectify this imbalance. I believe that if you were to follow the do's and don'ts of this book not only will you lose weight but you will gain insight into yourself and your self-defeating habits as well.
OK, so now I've read the book, let's see if I can start on this journey and follow through!!!!
Kara
Jan 13, 2014 Kara rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
This book makes a lot of sense! I listened to it three times in two days trying to soak in as much information as possible.
Sunny
This book really makes sense. I like how Dr. Mike not only helps you change food habits, but also gives you daily tasks to enhance your life and make it fuller. I'm going to give it a try. His philosophy for eating is based on research and facts, so I'm hoping for great results.
Sarah JF
I liked that this book gave a lot of science based reasons why we eat bad food and the plan is helpful, but at the end of the day it's eat right and exercise. The plan is good because it's very slow to integrate changes. Would really like to give it 3.5 stars.
Shilo
One week into the rehab and it is really working!! I've lost weight and feel great and the best part, I'm getting more sleep and better sleep!! Highly recommend this book.
Duygu
Kitap en başta çok sarmıştı fakat daha sonra sürekli kendini tekrar etti. Ve ne yazık ki verilen tarifler ve yemek önerileri bizim kültürümüze uymuyor. Ama mantığını beğendim...
Kathryn Kozody
Really interesting look at food addiction and the brain chemicals that come into play
Mary Kay
Stuff you probably already know about food addictions
Jane
Couldn't get into it- maybe I'm not ready.
Alane
Love it! Life changing!
Amy
Sep 05, 2013 Amy added it
Great book, bad title.
Maureen
O.K., here I go!
Tuna Dedeal
Tuna Dedeal marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Hasret
Hasret added it
Jun 21, 2015
Leigh
Leigh added it
May 19, 2015
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Never to Know Diet Rehab: 28 Days To Finally Stop Craving the Foods That Make You Fat The Brain Fog Fix: Reclaim Your Focus, Memory, and Joy in Just 3 Weeks Sworn to Love The Book of Rites (Li Ji): English-Chinese Version