Start by marking “Objection!: How High-Priced Defense Attorneys, Celebrity Defendants, and a 24/7 Media Have Hijacked Our Criminal Justice System” as Want to Read:

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  147 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Court TV host Nancy Grace presents her case in this behind-the-scenes look at the high-profile cases everyone is talking about ancy Grace is a name millions of Americans recognize from her regular appearances on Court TV and Larry King Live. Legions of loyal fans tune in for her opinions on today's high-profile cases and her expert commentary on the challenges facing the A ...more
Published June 8th 2005 by Hachette Books (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Objection!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Objection!

Daphne Wheeler
I read this book off & on. I love Nancy Grace but she's quite a pill! I can only take her in small doses.
Channelle
When I was in law school, I would try so hard to watch Nancy Grace. I really wanted to like her, but the fact of the matter is she's rude, obnoxious, and an absolutely terrible writer. Since I was trying to like Nancy Grace, I bought this book, I wanted to give her another chance. Sadly for her, she failed miserably. This book is terribly organized and repetitive. Although she divides the book into chapters, she has subheadings every couple pages and it really just doesn't make sense. Too many d ...more
Asia
As a writer - terrible. Book is disorganized and repetitive.

HOWEVER...

I hated Nancy Grace without even knowing much about her. My knowledge of her persona was limited to the fact that anytime her face would appear on the screen during my CNN time it was time to switch channels. Her obnoxious and rude personality visible, in what she called TV "arguments" (although it is mostly Nancy screaming and someone else keeping their composure trying hard not to laugh) were overbearingly annoying.

This bo
Lolly LKH
An eye-opening read that only made me hate the so called justice system all the more. Before reading this book I was already sickened by the constant barage of defense lawyers on tv trying to play on the public's compassion to make their clients appear like the victims. Not to say there aren't inocent people out there, and many in prison for crimes they did not commit, I am speaking of the countless criminals (cold blooded ones at that) who do not feel a lick of remorse, or feel anything and try ...more
Amy
You either like Nancy or you don't. I happen to like her a lot. Yes, she gets on my nerves when she won't let people talk and interrupts, etc. But when you know her life story and what she's out there battling for, you've got to admire her. And she has the courage in this book to say what we all think when celebrities are in the news. When they're not convicted in a court of law, watch out, because Nancy will convict them herself! Don't get on her bad side!
Andrea
I love NG and her book totally rocked. I never followed crime news before like I do now, so the quick recaps of cases like Robert Blakes, filled me in on what I missed over the years. Acutally, a lot of the questions I come up with about the legality of this or that were totally answered by this book. I hope Nancy writes another one after the Casey Anthony case is over!
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
Hmm I thought I had already reviewed this book, anyways I love Nancy Grace and if your a fan of hers, this book will not dissapoint. Nancy touches many topics in the media and uses great examples to back up her statements. Although I read this a few years ago, I don't recall any story in particular to comment on but I do highly reccomend her books!
Julie D
It definately gave me a new perspective on how the criminal justice system works. Espically how the jury gets the "cleaned up" version, which almost seems like a complete lie with bits & pieces added in to make the criminal "look good".
I've served on a jury before and after reading this book, it definately made sense.
kathi
Interesting book....if you have money you go free most of the time and if you are poor you do time....proves without a doubt that simpson was guilty but most of us already know this. She is a strong advocate for victims.
Auntkel
I'm learning alot from this book. Nancy tells about some of the cases she did when she was younger before she had her show and she gives her take on some of the more current high profile cases from a prosecutors pov.
i learned a lot of the reason why Nancy comes off as a b*tch on her show. i agree with her hatred of defense attorneys that try to get murderers off. so if you like nancy then yes you should read this.
Casey
There were a few semi interesting chapters in this book but for the most part the entire time I was reading this all I could think was 'I like watching her on tv rather than reading her books.'
Sorry Nancy!
Emily
I had reallly wanted to like this book. But I didn't she repeats herself nonstop, she's rude, and came off to me as just spiteful and hateful. No new information for me, just same old same old...
Barb
Nancy talks about the court system and varies cases she has talked about on her TV show. She's a good writer and I can't wait to read her new book coming out in Aug. of 2009.
Ron
Passably written and plotted novel with a semi-interesting protagonist, pretty good dialogue and some interesting turns. Helps pass the time better than most television for sure.
Ben
Oct 15, 2007 Ben rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Awesome reading. We used this book during an online college course that I took from the University of Florida and it was awesome thats all I have to say. Its a must read!!!
Cynthia
I loved this book. I am a big Nancy Grace fan. this is an interesting book and gives insight to her private life...i recommend it to anyone!
Amy Pedersen
Very interesting read and would recommend for anyone interested in law and reading something from a former prosecutors point of view.
Joy
Aug 16, 2009 Joy marked it as to-read
I have mixed feelings about Nancy Grace but she is smart and I'm interested in this book. She also wrote a novel recently...
Sybil Watters
Nancy always has something to say that is worth hearing and she always says it with great fervor. Worth a read.
Carolina
Interesting and entertaining. But, a lot to think about when you are trying to forget about "work".
Theresa Perfetto
Interesting fast read. Not the most well written but an interesting insight into the criminal justice system
Amee
Great test of your own opinions and arguments. Nancy Grace is not shy about voicing her opinions.
Linda
Overview of some famous cases of the last decade or so. Interesting but limited.
Patty
Her opinion of the trial system with reference to famous cases. Well written.
Carol Reed
Nancy Grace is a hero to victims everywhere!
Erin
I love Nancy Grace! I think she is fabulous!
Hayseed
Nov 04, 2007 Hayseed rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: think about it books
Good read, makes you think about the system.
Stacey Westbury
I can't help it. I love her.
Joann
Oct 27, 2009 Joann added it
So far it is ok
  • Ordinary Injustice: How America Holds Court
  • 40 Whacks: New Evidence in the Life and Legend of Lizzie Borden
  • Tacoma Confidential: A True Story of Murder, Suicide, and a Police Chief's Secret Life
  • Law Man: My Story of Robbing Banks, Winning Supreme Court Cases, and Finding Redemption
  • Poisoned Love
  • Zodiac Unmasked: The Identity of America's Most Elusive Serial Killer Revealed
  • A Long December
  • Crota: A Novel
  • A Descent Into Hell
  • Outrageous Fortune
  • Angel Face: The Real Story of Student Killer Amanda Knox
  • The Mammoth Book of Unsolved Crime: The Biggest and Best Collection of Unsolved Murder and Mystery Cases
  • Until It Hurts: America's Obsession with Youth Sports and How It Harms Our Kids
  • A.I. Love You, Vol. 02
  • There But for the Grace of God: Survivors of the 20th Century's Infamous Serial Killers
  • Scream at the Sky: Five Texas Murders and One Man's Crusade for Justice
  • The Care and Feeding of Books Old and New: A Simple Repair Manual for Book Lovers
  • Della's Web: A True Story of Marriage and Murder
Nancy Ann Grace is an American talk show host and former prosecutor. She frequently discusses issues from what she describes as a victims' rights standpoint, with an outspoken style that has won her both praise and condemnation. As of 2008, she is the host of Nancy Grace, a self-titled Headline News show, and was the host of Court TV's Closing Arguments. She also co-authored the book Objection! -- ...more
More about Nancy Grace...
The Eleventh Victim (Hailey Dean #1) Death on the D-List (Hailey Dean, #2) Secrets Can Be Murder Letitia Objection!: How High-Priced Defense Attorneys, Celebrity Defendants, and a 24/7 Media Have Hijacked Our Criminal Justice System