Start by marking “Three Dangerous Magi: Osho Gurdjieff Cr” as Want to Read:
Three Dangerous Magi: Osho Gurdjieff Cr

Three Dangerous Magi: Osho Gurdjieff Cr

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  34 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
The Three Dangerous Magi reveals scandal, mayhem, death, sex, drugs, ecstasy, enlightenment, in the lives of the three most notorious sages of the 20th century. Use their story for personal transformation.
Published October 12th 2010 by John Hunt Publishing (first published October 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Three Dangerous Magi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Dangerous Magi

Jim
Aug 18, 2012 Jim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A comprehensive, sympathetic yet often skeptical recounting of the lives and ideas of Osho (Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh), Gurdjieff, and Crowley by a very well-read practitioner. I'd give it another star except that I think the author gives too much credence to unsubstantiated metaphysical claims and it is sometimes a bit repetitive. Still, the amount of material in this book, including background on philosophers and traditions that influenced each of these "dangerous magi" is impressive.
Lainie Petersen
Engaging book in need of an editor. The author conducted painstaking research, well-synthesized with his own considerable experience in esoteric practice. The trouble is that sometimes the text wanders into trivia that would have best been relegated to an appendix. Still, this book was crafted with great wisdom. Recommended.
Andy
Sep 15, 2015 Andy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in self developement and personal growth
Initially I wasn't sure if I wanted to read this book as over the years I've read so much about the subjects. I'm glad I did though, this man brings experience to the table and his insights are pretty sharp so there was much food for thought. This book is so well written and researched it must be a work of love. It will be useful to anyone looking to explore Crowley, Gurdjieff or Osho. He offers a fine analysis of their position on the world stage and gives due respect to these men who are often ...more
Ludo
Apr 04, 2015 Ludo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before reading this book I was already somewhat familiar with Gurdjieff's teachings, and wondered why anyone would write a book on him with the names Crowley and Osho also mentioned in the title.
Osho didn't interest me because through the media my perceived idea was that this wasn't a genuine teacher.
Crowley was a name I would avoid because of the reputation generally being connected to black magic and weird stuff.
The author has thoroughly changed my vision on Crowley - a very interesting perso
Hock Chye
Mar 07, 2014 Hock Chye rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Thick book needing time to read.At times I think it is hard to read even.
Hertzog
Hertzog marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Ron Sijm
Ron Sijm marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Dr.Direk Ekbawornwong
Dr.Direk Ekbawornwong is currently reading it
Dec 28, 2015
Danny Phelan
Danny Phelan marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Andrei Mihailescu
Andrei Mihailescu marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Josh Crase
Josh Crase rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2015
Crysstyne
Crysstyne marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Vlad Popescu
Vlad Popescu rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2015
Tine!
Tine! marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Aylamaria90
Aylamaria90 rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2015
Alexandra
Alexandra marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
Dragos
Dragos marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Bill
Bill is currently reading it
Sep 04, 2015
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Rupa Khare
Rupa Khare marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Marat Dakunin
Marat Dakunin marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Paul Russell
Paul Russell marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Neelam
Neelam marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Felipe
Felipe marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Elise
Elise rated it did not like it
May 17, 2015
Narayanan
Narayanan marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Nikee Gilbert
Nikee Gilbert is currently reading it
May 11, 2015
Léa
Léa marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Lid Ija
Lid Ija marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015