Start by marking “The Politics of Emerging Strategic Technologies: Implications for Geopolitics, Human Enhancement and Human Destiny” as Want to Read:

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  7 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
This book examines key trends in emerging strategic technologies and the implications for geopolitics and human dignity. Al-Rodhan argues that future evolution into transhumans is inevitable. In preparation, the global community is urged to establish strict moral and legal guidelines balancing innovation with the guarantee of dignity for all.
Published June 15th 2011 by Palgrave Macmillan (first published April 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Politics of Emerging Strategic Technologies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Politics of Emerging Strategic Technologies

Sharon Martin
Sep 11, 2012 Sharon Martin rated it really liked it
Through the descriptive dialogue the author explains very clearly how with the emerging technologies and human enhancement the impact these changes are having on our lives, not just as individuals but on nations and the environment. I found this book to be really informative and well researched and easy to understand.

Balanced arguments and logical reasoning is well documented and are represented throughout. Reading this book has made me aware and also heightened my knowledge of how quickly techn
Katie Hale
Jul 17, 2012 Katie Hale rated it liked it
The Politics of Emerging Strategic Technologies: Implications for Geopolitics, Human Enhancement and Human Destiny by Nayef R.F. Al-Rodhan was sent to me to read and review.

(1) This is NOT a "fluff" book
(2) This is NOT a read in a week or two here and there book
(3) This DOES require some level of intelligence and awareness of our political, scientific and technological situation at this point and time to understand and apply
(4) This DOES require a dictionary or google help from time to time for
brandy oliver
Aug 08, 2012 brandy oliver rated it it was amazing
I am actually really shocked at the other reviews I have read about this book! I have to give this book 5 stars, not just because I enjoyed it very much so, and not just because I enjoy books like this, and discussions like this, but because it was very well thought out, explained well, (maybe entirely TO well), but from what I gather, it seems that we do have to explain and re explain again and again, so that people can understand.
Which brings me to the only issue I had with this book, and that
Kim Hansen
Jul 14, 2012 Kim Hansen rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying this book was very difficult for me to read – not because it isn’t a good book – but primarily because it is not the type of book I would usually read. Having said that, I understand the concepts in the book, but did have to do a bit of research while I was reading.

One of the key issues discussed in this book is how our world is changing due to new technologies and what kind of effect these changes have on us socially and politically. Are the decisions we are making going
Kimberley
Jul 24, 2012 Kimberley rated it did not like it
My Review:

Wow this book truly sucked. I cannot even begin to tell you how bored I was. I will give the author mad props for being super smart and also to my readers who may be into books like this. ((:
Jacob Smith
Jacob Smith is currently reading it
Aug 12, 2016
Rana Baytar
Rana Baytar marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Ghaida Al-Moammar
Ghaida Al-Moammar marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Batool
Batool marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Zafer
Zafer marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Jay
Jay rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2015
Teo 2050
Teo 2050 marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Douglas
Douglas marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Waleed AlSaab
Waleed AlSaab marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
RENRI
RENRI marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Zarmeena Hassan
Zarmeena Hassan marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Momtaj Khanam
Momtaj Khanam marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Katze
Katze marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2012
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2012
Daniel
Daniel rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2012
Marieke
Marieke marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2011