Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1)

Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family #1)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  12,892 ratings  ·  961 reviews
When Keri Daniels' editor finds out she has previous carnal knowledge of reclusive bestselling author Joe Kowalski, she gives Keri a choice: get an interview or get a new job.

Joe's never forgotten the first girl to break his heart, so he's intrigued to hear Keri's back in town--and looking for him. Despite his intense need for privacy, he'll grant Keri an interview if it m...more
Published December 20th 2011 by HQN Books (first published May 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Exclusively Yours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exclusively Yours

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...
“It’s customary to offer a squeeze to determine if breasts are real or not, you know. Don’t you watch TV?”

She laughed and shoved the retrieved ballcap back on her head. “Nice try, Kowalski. You’ll have to take my word for it.”
Exclusively Yours is the first book in the Kowalski Family series, and wow! Just… WOW! It’s one of my absolute favorite Contemporary Romances that I’ve read, and I loved every single word, every heartbreaking, heartwarming, funny, sexy minute of it! I laughed, I cried and...more
Jessica (Rabid Reads)

So the first thing I need to say is that I don't read a lot of contemporary romance.

I read a few Sophie Kinsella, Jane Green, and Helen Fielding books when I was in college, and maybe a half dozen sports romances, but it's only been the last 18(ish) months that I've really started reading straight-up romance (and if it's not Kristen Ashley, Julie James, or a handful of others, I don't know much about it).

So know upfront that I'm not any kind of authority.

But I liked this. It had more d...more
♡Karlyn P♡
4.5 stars. In short, it’s a fun laugh-out-loud steamy contemporary romance set in the backwoods of New Hampshire (complete with mosquitoes, ATVs, bath houses, and marshmallow roasts.) This is an author to watch as her humor is sharp, the sexual tension tight, the romance believable, and the characters all well developed.

The premise: High school sweethearts Joe and Keri went separate ways when Keri chose to move out west to attend Berkeley and make a name for herself. It was the toughest decisio...more
Ridley
One of the debut releases from the brand new epublisher Carina Press, Exclusively Yours is a contemporary romance set in the exotic, mosquito-infested wilds of New Hampshire, where the ATVs roam free and the riders all work at giving love a second chance.

Keri Daniels ends up in this mess when her boss, the editor-in-chief of an LA-based celebrity magazine, gets a hold of a compromising photo from Keri’s past. In the photo, she’s cuddling with her high school sweetheart, Joe. Of course high schoo...more
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I started reading this as an accident of fate. Yes you read it well! Me and my friend Aly decided we should do a “group” (or whatever you wanna call it) read. We picked a couple of books, numbered ‘em and then used an online random number chooser thing to pick what to read. This was the result. It was actually a nice experiment. Worked for my friend, didn’t work for me.

This review will be a bad one. I hated the book; I won’t be nice so in case you’re into this type of books you should probably s...more
Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary Romance

The Kowalski family is a kooky, fun bunch who take camping and ATVing to the extreme while also dealing with realistic marital struggles, kid stress, and a blast from the past. This is a fun, light contemporary romance that had me seriously cracking up at times. I just wish there had been a bit more romance between Joe and Keri and that the heat level had been turned up a few degrees.
Ruth
This one was OK, but, for me, it wasn't up to the same standard as the other books by this author. I guess most of my reasons for not liking it much are down to me really, but I had a number of issues with it.

- The hero and heroine dated in high school (OK, they spent most of their time in each others' pants). It was the best sex of the heroine's life. So far, so good. Then we're told she's always carried a torch for him, and he's the same about her. Hmm. Why? I ask. Why would two nearly 40-some...more
Jaci Burton
With full disclosure, Shannon is a good friend of mine. That being said, this book was wonderfully written. A great contemporary romance that held me spellbound. I couldn't put it down. It was fun, with tons of humor, incredible secondary characters I grew to love, and a fantastic romance between the hero and heroine. Shannon writes characters you root for, characters who aren't perfect, a compelling story, and her voice simply captures you. It wouldn't matter if we were friends or not, I'd stil...more
Barks & Bites
Joseph Kowalski and Keri Daniels were high school sweethearts but Keri left Joe broken hearted in order to chase her dreams. Now 18 years later, he’s a reclusive best-selling author and she’s a reporter for an entertainment magazine whose editor has just discovered her past relationship with Joe and demands she get the scoop on the guy. If she refuses she’ll risk losing her job and any chance of moving up a rung or two on the ladder. Keri’s worked hard to get to where she is and leaves behind su...more
Melissa
I really enjoyed this story! It's been a long while since a book has grabbed my attention and I didn't want to put it down.

Keri and Joe were high-school sweethearts. Keri needing something bigger in life left her home town and Joe for California to become a writer for a magazine.

Fast forward 18 years, Keri's boss demand she gets the inside scoop on Joe or lose her job.

I really fell for Joe, he was sweet and lovable.

The secondary characters were a nice addition. I'm looking forward to Kevin's...more
Dee
I had seen more than a few raving reviews from friends on GR about this story and had high hopes and was really looking forward to reading it. Although I enjoyed the story I can't quite see what all the fuss was about!

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the story but I just didn't feel the connection between Joe & Keri. I don't believe they actually loved each other - ok maybe I believed Joe a bit more than Keri. I am always saying that I like quite a bit of steam with my romances and I certainly d...more
~J~ Riverina Romantics
Exclusively Yours is a masterpiece of contemporary perfection.

Yep, I’m still giddy with excitement over reading my first Shannon Stacey book and I literally have heart palpitations thinking about reading the second book in the series – Yes, it was that good.

Was there suspense? No. Was the story action packed? No. Was there paranormal shifters or sexy vampires?? Well, its contemporary – so obviously not. But what it did have was witty dialogue, a HUGE dose of sweetly simmering sexual tension tha...more
Carrie
I listened to this book in the car on a trip. The characters made me so angry I was yelling at the iPod adapter! Thank goodness I was alone. ;-) In short, except for Joe, I thought most of the characters were shallow, immature, vindictive, pushy, and stuck in middle school. Keri sort of redeemed herself in the end, but then again, the fact that she was so adamant about not being "somebody's" girl/wife/mother that her turn around didn't ring true to me. I just wanted to know why Joe fell for her,...more
Kellie G.
Currently free on amazon!! 1/15/13

I absolutely loved this book!!
~Tina~

I've seen this book for so long now and even though I don't read much adult contemporary, something about this book always made me so curious. I guess my gut-reaction was spot on, cause I really ended up just loving Exclusively Yours!

Keri Daniels works for spotlight magazine when her boss gives her a choice between getting the dirt on Joe Kowalski - a famous private author and Keri's high school ex-boyfriend- or loss everything she's worked her entire life to achieve.
But Keri hasn't se...more
AH
The thought of a family vacation with extended family members would put fear into the hearts of many people I know, even those blessed with loving families. Don't get me wrong - these vacations can be a lot of fun. But consider the outsider invited into this chaos: 4 unruly boys nicknamed "Mass Weapons of Destruction," a despondent teenage girl, adult siblings - married, separated, and divorced, and the grandparents. Add in one reclusive and a bestseller list author, and the results are very ent...more
❀angela
What's so wrong about leaving your hometown to pursue your dream?! If Keri gave up her ambitions to stay with her high school sweetheart, she would've spent her life asking herself "what if?" and blaming Joe for her regrets. Also, how can you still be in love with your high school sweetheart twenty years later??
Samantha
More like a 3.5 stars. Exclusively Yours is a funny, light and contemporary read that will leave readers wanting a little bit more.

Lately I’ve been reading new books by new authors (or at least they are new to me) and while I’m always a bit reluctant and leery, I have to say that I’ve been finding some really good books. Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey was another good read. High School sweethearts Joe Kowalski and Keri Daniels were wildly in teenage love, planning a future until Keri bolted...more
Emma
Just an okey read for me and a story that definitely had some potential. I was a bit disappointed though. A few things didn't work for me :
- the sexy banter between two people who haven't seen eachother in 18 years and parted with a TERRIBLE heartbreak... I'd have imagined more uneasiness, even a little, and couldn't see any.
- it took 166 pages (out of 208) to the heroine to start thinking that, MAYBE, she made a mistake in harshly dumping her BF.
- I would have prefered a more contreit heroine...more
Erika  Badass
I'm waffling on a rating for Keri and Joe. On the one hand, I liked the premise of Exclusively Yours, on the other hand, I thought that Keri was a superficial flake.

I was entertained enough by the antics of all the characters to read this entire book fairly quickly. I giggled a few times. I teared up a bit with some of the marital woes going on in the other Siblings lives, but Joe and Keri's relationship felt one sided.

It's been 18 years since Keri broke Joe's heart and left high school for the...more
Penny Watson
I am fervently attempting to avoid all contemporary romance novels. Even ones that come highly recommended are pissing me off no end. However, one has been nagging at me for a while, and for one simple reason.

Kowalski.

As soon as I saw that Shannon Stacey's series had a family with the last name Kowalski, I knew I was going to read it. That is ballsy, funny, and so uncool it's totally cool.

Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey (Kowalski Family series #1) is just the way I like contemporary romance:...more
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
Jul 04, 2010 Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) by: goodchoicereadin@aol.com
I really, really, really enjoyed reading this book. I loved everything about it.

This book in some sort of way reminded me a little of The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. Joe and Keri were high school sweathearts and loved each other very dearly, until one day Keri decides that she wants to move to California to pursue a career in Journalism. Keri leaves Joe back in New Hampshire heart broken and confused.

Joe is so hurt by Keri leaving him that he turns to alcohol and slowly becomes an alcoholic....more
Catherine
I wanted to read for a little bit before I went to bed last night, so I opened this up. I had heard great things about this series from Sophia. She loved how the whole family was so important to the series and since I enjoy the same, I was eager to give it a try. well, unfortunately for me, I really got into the book. I say unfortunately because I had to go to work in the morning and I ended up staying up way too late because I wanted to read it all. I may be cursing myself today, but it was wor...more
Kimba
Exclusively Yours is the first novel in the Kowalski Family series. It had all the elements I love in a contemporary romance and I quickly consumed this. If you are looking for a feel good, clean romance surrounding a fun, quirky, tight-knit family Shannon Stacey has just the series for you.

Keri Daniels and Joe Kowalski were highschool sweethearts and Joe thought they would be together forever. After graduations they parted ways as Keri went off to Los Angeles to pursue a career in journalism....more
Lisa Kay
★★★★½ Short, sweet, with a touch of spice, and just the right fit for my brooding-moody self after another disappointing read. I'm not a big fan of "second chance at love" - with the same person. I figure, when it is over, it's over. In fact, I chose this one to fullfill a "National Pet Peeve Week" requirement in an October Challenge. But, this was well done and the Kowlaski family is down-to-earth fun.
Jae
I so cannot dig this story.

I didn't like Keri for being a career-orientated woman through and through, first when she was 18 and even now 18 years later.
And I didn't like Joe any better either for not learning any lesson at all regarding Keri. You'd have thought he'd be a bit guarded this time around too.

I had a very hard time finishing this off.
Ellen W-S

I loved this light, bittersweet romance. I fell in love with the Kowalski family and Keri Daniels but Joe Kowalski is the perfect blend of tough and sensitive that kept me captivated as he bared his soul to be with the woman he has loved since high school. You bet, I am moving on to the next Shannon Stacy book immediately! Thank you netgalley!
Miss Kim
The Kowalski family is so lovable! I can't wait to read more of them in the series. Keri was a tad on the annoying side, but I did love joe. The camping and the four wheelers, and the authors humor were a great read! Recommend to anyone looking for a light contemporary.
willaful
3.5 stars. At first this seemed like a surprisingly light read given the set-up -- Keri broke Joe’s heart, they haven’t seen each other in decades, now she needs an exclusive interview with him to save her job -- but there was something infectiously cheerful about it that made me just go with the flow. I wound up liking it for not going in the obvious direction and being a bitter, moody story. Instead, it’s about Keri and Joe rediscovering each other on one of his family’s wacky camping trips, w...more
Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
Here I am again. On my long, lonely "Is It Just Me?" limb. It seems like everyone in the Romancelandia absolutely loves this book/series. I wanted to read this because everyone raves about it and Shannon Stacey. And I, for the life of me, don't understand how anyone liked this book. This is basically a DNF at 60% review, though I (heavily) skimmed through the end just to see what the secret one of the characters was holding onto was. It took me until now (from October 2012) to even do that, I wa...more
  • The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2)
  • Real Men Will (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #3)
  • Within Reach
  • Planning for Love (Aisle Bound, #1)
  • Somebody to Love (Gideon's Cove, #3)
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish
  • Close to You (Laurel Heights, #2)
Shannon Stacey married her Prince Charming in 1993 and is the proud mother of two incredible sons. She lives in New England, where her two favorite activities are trying to stay warm and writing stories of happily ever after. Her two cats refuse to curl up on her lap and keep it warm while she writes, but her Shih Tzu is never far away.

When she’s not writing, she’s indulging in her other passion—f...more
More about Shannon Stacey...
Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3) Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2) All He Ever Needed (Kowalski Family, #4) All He Ever Dreamed (Kowalski Family, #6) All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5)

“She said you were probably plastic and Uncle Kevin said he’d give you a feel and let her know and then Uncle Joe punched him in the shoulder and said the only thing he’d feel is his A-S-S getting kicked if he tried.” 29 likes
“Kevin slapped a box of hot dogs down on the rock. “What the hell was that?”
“A kiss. It’s something guys like me do with girls we like. But don’t worry, someday you’ll find one drunk enough to let you try it.”
26 likes