I'm Just Like You (Cougar Cub Tales)

I'm Just Like You (Cougar Cub Tales)

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  231 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Cougar Cub Tales: I’m Just Like You is the second book in the Mom's Choice Award Winning Series, COUGAR CUB TALES. I'm Just Like You is about a cougar cub brother and sister who, one day, encounter a creature very unlike themselves. They have ungrounded apprehension about whether or not the blind bobcat is “a REAL cougar cub”.

By the end of the tale, they realize that they...more
Published October 18th 2010

Kilimanjaro and Beyond by Barry FinlayMini Skirts and Laughter Lines by Carol E. WyerDamon by Teresa GabelmanI'm Just Like You by Sharon CramerA Quest for Good Manners by Karin Lefranc
Best Books of Substance
4th out of 60 books — 13 voters
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussNot Just a Princess by Mary    LeeThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Best Free Kindle Ebooks for Children
45th out of 138 books — 173 voters

More lists with this book...

Bea
The premise was good but the execution poor and the artwork meh.
Mymcbooks
From the award winning series, Cougar Cub Tales: I’m Just Like You is the second book about the ongoing adventures of the cougar cub brother and sister. One day, they encounter a creature very unlike themselves. They have ungrounded apprehension about whether or not the blind bobcat is a REAL cougar cub. By the end of the tale, they realize that they really ARE the same, overlooking their physical differences as they embrace their new friend. It is a timeless story that deals with the everyday i...more
Mary Walling
Cougar Cub Tales: I'm Just Like You
by Jean Cramer
Published December 2010
by B & F Publishing
ASIN: B004HD5TV6
Book Source: Bought
4 stars

Book Overview: Mom’s Choice Award winner COUGAR CUB TALES: I’m Just Like You (eBook) is about the continuing adventures of the cougar cubs as they encounter a creature very different from themselves. It deals with non-acceptance for physical difference or disability and the watercolors are a feast for the eyes as the text again communica...more
Nicole Hibbert
Summary: In this continuation of the Cougar Cub Tales the young siblings stumble upon a creature that claims to be a cougar as well. The sibling cubs eventually realize they are wrong, they are the same as the creature they encountered. Looking past physical differences they embrace the new friend they have made.

Audience: This book is intended for any child who does not feel accepted or for children who alienate other children.

Appeal: This book is a good fit for students because the story help...more
J.R. Barker
Cougar Cub tales has a sweet premise.
It’s about two orphaned Cougar Cubs who come across a bobcat. The cubs are wary of the newcomer because he looks different, but they soon learn to accept him despite all his differences.
This story is set out in a rhyming style with pictures above each verse.
My take on it?
I have to admit I read this several times, to get the breaks into my head. The flow was a tad off in places for a rhyming tale and the rhymes rhymed inconsistently at times.
The layout is tin...more
Eileen Carter
Wonderful

A cute, funny story to teach children about accepting differences in others. this story showed that you don't have to look the same to enjoy the same things.
Chelsea
I read this book to my daughter, and she really enjoyed it. I thought it was a very cute, interesting way to show children how they are not so very different once you look past the obvious. A few spots I felt dragged just a little, but my daughter didn't seem to feel the way at all. She LOVED the book- asking questions, pointing out things that she saw in the pictures, and just really getting involved in the story. I would highly recommend this for anyone with toddler to pre-school age children....more
Nancy
The story tells of two cougar cubs, who run into a bob cat. They talk about their differences, and how the bob cat can't be a cougar. They become friends, and decide they have more things that are a like, than they have differences.
Julie Barrett
Cougar Cub Tales: I’m Just Like You by Sharon Kramer
Illustrated very colorful children's book about a brother and
sister cougar cub and how they venture into the woods and meet
some new friends.

Cheryl
Bright pictures and gentle rhymes in this children's picture book formatted for the kindle. Has a good message about accepting differences and using one's talents to help others.
ShaRhonda
Cute story. My daughter is five and still didn't quite "get" it, but it was a great opportunity to explain that friendships can be with anyone, same or different.
Peacegal
Get thee to an editor. Lots of typos and bad formatting in this one, and the illustrations need work.

Cougar Cub Tales: I'm Just Like You
by Sharon Cramer
S
Got this for the grandchildren. They thoroughly enjoyed reading these books, which are very entertaining. The series is a good one for the young reader.
Audrey Grant
Age range - 2 to 4 readability 5 and up. a lot of made up words for the rhyming so it sounds good when read by an adult but not kid friendly for reading alone.
Wanda

Cougar Cub Tales: I'm Just Like You by Sharon Cramer

A cute story about brother and sister cougar who meet a bobcat cub. Nice illustrations.
Vivian Clarke
It's a good book for diversity even though its with animals. The animals might be different but they realize they are really alike!
Karen
Cougar cub's is a series of stories for children that explores different challenges being on their own.
Cathy
Very cute illustrated story for little ones about 2 cougar cubs and the new friend they find in the woods.
Saša
Ebook zadara s roztomilými obrázky a veršovaným příběhem o mláďatech pumy.
katie
It was a free download from Amazon- "nuff " said.
Vicky
Nice pics but I wasn't crazy about the story.
Crystal Straley
My three year old loves this book, great lesson!
Sheila
Author Sharon Cramer is sweet and kind.
Angel
Very cute children's story.
Vernetta
Vernetta marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Blakmina
Blakmina marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
  • Garbage! Monster! Burp!
  • Maebelle's Hat
  • The Last Enchanter
  • Fing
  • Piano Starts Here: The Young Art Tatum
  • Not Just a Princess
  • Unhappily Ever After (The Librarian, #2)
  • The Flea's Sneeze
  • Kindergarten Rocks!
  • I'll Follow the Moon
  • How Full Is Your Bucket? For Kids
Sharon Cramer is an aspiring time-traveler, overlord(ess), alien princess, and master painter of Halloween faces. In the meantime, she writes from a dank, dark cave, somewhere in Washington State. She's just released the first in an epic Sci-Fi fantasy series called THE CERULEAN STAR, and has a breakthrough novel, beloved by an amazingly loyal following, called THE EXECUTION. Movie release 2015!
Wh...more
More about Sharon Cramer...
The Execution Marlow and the Monster Cougar Cub Tales: Lost and Alone The Sneezy Wheezy Day (Cougar Cub Tales) The Cerulean Star: Liberty