Start by marking “I'm Just Like You (Cougar Cub Tales)” as Want to Read:
I'm Just Like You (Cougar Cub Tales)

I'm Just Like You (Cougar Cub Tales)

Cougar Cub Tales: I’m Just Like You is the second book in the Mom's Choice Award Winning Series, COUGAR CUB TALES. I'm Just Like You is about a cougar cub brother and sister who, one day, encounter a creature very unlike themselves. They have ungrounded apprehension about whether or not the blind bobcat is “a REAL cougar cub”.

By the end of the tale, they realize that they
Published October 18th 2010 (first published August 3rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about I'm Just Like You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Just Like You

Jessica Reno
Oct 02, 2014 Jessica Reno rated it it was amazing
I loved it!

From my 8 year old son: I loved it. I liked everything about the story. my favorite part was when they found a new friend. very awesome story!
Bea
Jul 11, 2014 Bea rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no one
The premise was good but the execution poor and the artwork meh.
Mary Walling
by B & F Publishing
ASIN: B004HD5TV6
Book Source: Bought
4 stars

Book Overview: Mom’s Choice Award winner COUGAR CUB TALES: I’m Just Like You (eBook) is about the continuing adventures of the cougar cubs as they encounter a creature very different from themselves. It deals with non-acceptance for physical difference or disability and the watercolors are a feast for the eyes as the text again communica
Mymcbooks
Aug 12, 2011 Mymcbooks rated it liked it
From the award winning series, Cougar Cub Tales: I’m Just Like You is the second book about the ongoing adventures of the cougar cub brother and sister. One day, they encounter a creature very unlike themselves. They have ungrounded apprehension about whether or not the blind bobcat is a REAL cougar cub. By the end of the tale, they realize that they really ARE the same, overlooking their physical differences as they embrace their new friend. It is a timeless story that deals with the everyday ...more
Nicole Hibbert
Oct 24, 2012 Nicole Hibbert rated it it was amazing
Summary: In this continuation of the Cougar Cub Tales the young siblings stumble upon a creature that claims to be a cougar as well. The sibling cubs eventually realize they are wrong, they are the same as the creature they encountered. Looking past physical differences they embrace the new friend they have made.

Audience: This book is intended for any child who does not feel accepted or for children who alienate other children.

Appeal: This book is a good fit for students because the story help
J.R. Barker
Mar 23, 2014 J.R. Barker rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-books
Cougar Cub tales has a sweet premise.
It’s about two orphaned Cougar Cubs who come across a bobcat. The cubs are wary of the newcomer because he looks different, but they soon learn to accept him despite all his differences.
This story is set out in a rhyming style with pictures above each verse.
My take on it?
I have to admit I read this several times, to get the breaks into my head. The flow was a tad off in places for a rhyming tale and the rhymes rhymed inconsistently at times.
The layout is tin
Autumn
Oct 05, 2014 Autumn rated it really liked it
This is a good book to read on learning to accept those that may look or act different than you.

We have two cougar cubs who are orphaned and spend their days playing and having fun like cubs should. Then they met a bobcat who is very different than they are. We get to read the differences between the bobcat and the cougars and they learn that you can be friends with someone different.

The book is a kind of rhyming which is catchy. The only problem I had with this story was the pictures. They see
Chelsea
Jan 07, 2013 Chelsea rated it really liked it
I read this book to my daughter, and she really enjoyed it. I thought it was a very cute, interesting way to show children how they are not so very different once you look past the obvious. A few spots I felt dragged just a little, but my daughter didn't seem to feel the way at all. She LOVED the book- asking questions, pointing out things that she saw in the pictures, and just really getting involved in the story. I would highly recommend this for anyone with toddler to pre-school age children.
Markus Alexander McMurdie
Feb 12, 2015 Markus Alexander McMurdie rated it really liked it
Perfect

It's a good story that kids should learn. Everyone is different. My kids said that this was their favorite book they've read so far. I highly suggest reading this into a kindergarten class or even at home.
Nancy
Dec 30, 2012 Nancy rated it liked it
The story tells of two cougar cubs, who run into a bob cat. They talk about their differences, and how the bob cat can't be a cougar. They become friends, and decide they have more things that are a like, than they have differences.
Vivian Clarke
It's a good book for diversity even though its with animals. The animals might be different but they realize they are really alike!
S
May 03, 2013 S rated it really liked it
Got this for the grandchildren. They thoroughly enjoyed reading these books, which are very entertaining. The series is a good one for the young reader.
Julie Barrett
Feb 29, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing
Cougar Cub Tales: I’m Just Like You by Sharon Kramer
Illustrated very colorful children's book about a brother and
sister cougar cub and how they venture into the woods and meet
some new friends.

Karen
Mar 06, 2012 Karen rated it liked it
Cougar cub's is a series of stories for children that explores different challenges being on their own.
Matthew
Mar 06, 2016 Matthew rated it it was amazing
Great book!

This book was great! I am happy to see even in our obvious differences that we can be friends indeed!
Eileen Carter
Oct 21, 2015 Eileen Carter rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

A cute, funny story to teach children about accepting differences in others. this story showed that you don't have to look the same to enjoy the same things.
Cathy
Jul 02, 2012 Cathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
Very cute illustrated story for little ones about 2 cougar cubs and the new friend they find in the woods.
Cheryl
Jun 23, 2011 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Recommended to Cheryl by: Amazon-Free Kindle book
Bright pictures and gentle rhymes in this children's picture book formatted for the kindle. Has a good message about accepting differences and using one's talents to help others.
Peacegal
Aug 11, 2016 Peacegal rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Get thee to an editor. Lots of typos and bad formatting in this one, and the illustrations need work.

Cougar Cub Tales: I'm Just Like You
by Sharon Cramer
Audrey Grant
Jan 18, 2012 Audrey Grant rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-book
Age range - 2 to 4 readability 5 and up. a lot of made up words for the rhyming so it sounds good when read by an adult but not kid friendly for reading alone.
Hari ATKURI PhD
Jan 05, 2016 Hari ATKURI PhD rated it it was amazing
Really funny

The read is fun n quick. Not at all disappointing. Fin book overall.The read is fun n quick. Not at all disappointing. Fin book overall.
ShaRhonda
Oct 30, 2012 ShaRhonda rated it liked it
Shelves: kaybrie
Cute story. My daughter is five and still didn't quite "get" it, but it was a great opportunity to explain that friendships can be with anyone, same or different.
Wanda
Jul 16, 2012 Wanda rated it really liked it

Cougar Cub Tales: I'm Just Like You by Sharon Cramer

A cute story about brother and sister cougar who meet a bobcat cub. Nice illustrations.
Carla  Moore
Carla Moore rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Ania Wisniewska
Ania Wisniewska rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2015
Elizabeth Cook
Elizabeth Cook rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2013
Amy Burdg
Amy Burdg rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2014
Theresa Carr
Theresa Carr rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2014
Peter
Peter rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2012
Judy
Judy rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2016
  • Maebelle's Hat
  • Stick Dog Wants a Hamburger: Adventure 1
  • The Deep and Snowy Wood (Christmas Picture Book)
  • If You Have A Hat. A Silly Rhyming Picture Book For Children
  • Burly and Grum and the Secret City
  • Henry Burp - Mind Your Manners
  • Jimmy the Racing Frog
  • The Mouse and the Christmas Cake
  • My Little Pet Dragon (Fun!)
  • Squidge: Little Elf, Big Trouble
  • I Love You This Much: A Song of God's Love [With CD]
  • Tooth Trouble
  • The LAST Snowman
  • Potty Animals: What to Know When You've Gotta Go!
  • Cock-A-Doodle-Doo! Barnyard Hullabaloo
  • The Dragon of the Dolomites
  • Gershon's Monster: A Story For The Jewish New Year
  • The Berenstain Bears and the G-Rex Bones (Big Chapter Books)
Sharon Cramer is an aspiring time-traveler, alien princess, and master painter of Halloween faces. In the meantime, she writes from a dank, dark cave, somewhere in Washington State. THE EXECUTION is her breakthrough novel and the first of The WINTERGRAVE CHRONICLES.

Hard at work on her new Sci-Fi, Fantasy series, THE CERULEAN STAR, she also creates children’s picture books, including the multi-awa
More about Sharon Cramer...

Cougar Cub Tales (3 books)
  • The Sneezy Wheezy Day (Cougar Cub Tales)
  • Cougar Cub Tales: Lost and Alone