Severed (Cloud Prophet Trilogy, #3)

Severed (Cloud Prophet Trilogy #3)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  421 ratings  ·  56 reviews
Book Three: Cloud Prophet Trilogy

Reychel knows her gift of prophecy will lead to madness and now she is at her most vulnerable. The enemy army will attempt to sever her from everything she's ever known: her homeland, her friends, Mark, and her gift. Even at her weakest, she refuses to give up on her desire to end the war between the Malborn and the Serenians. Reychel would...more
Published November 25th 2011 (first published November 18th 2011)

Wither by Lauren DeStefanoEntwined by Heather DixonSilence by Becca FitzpatrickDie for Me by Amy PlumAnna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Best Book Covers 2011
429th out of 724 books — 3,056 voters
Shiver by Maggie StiefvaterSpeak by Laurie Halse AndersonEvermore by Alyson NoelHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickJust Listen by Sarah Dessen
YA Novels by Goodreads Authors
480th out of 1,251 books — 2,390 voters

More lists with this book...

Marsha
Mar 04, 2012 Marsha rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Young Adults and Adults
"Severed" is an excellent ending to The Cloud Prophet Trilogy. Reychel is suffering horrible headaches and fears she is on the verge of going mad. Johna the healer is called in to try to help her but nothing seems to work. That is when Mark realizes that Reychel might be blocked by some outside force. He enters her mind and breaks down the wall but not before she almost dies.

Krissin, the Princess continues to use Reychel at every turn. However, she hatches a scenario that promises the unite the...more
Shirley
Severed is the final book in Megg Jensen’s Cloud Profit Trilogy. I was sorry to see it end, but Megg managed to bring Reychel’s story to a satisfying close.

I love the Dystopian world that Megg has created for her cast of characters in her Cloud Profit Trilogy. Everything is so intertwined and unique. It was an easy world to get lost in. I don’t think it’s a world I would want to live in, but not many Dystopian worlds are.

Each of Jensen’s characters are strong in their own way. Reychel is probabl...more
Emily
2.5 stars This was definitely the most disappointing of the three. Generally I still liked it but there were some parts that dragged it down to "just okay" in my mind. Especially the ending - ugh. Could it have been any sweeter? And of course MARK. I'm just going to go ahead and say it - I detest that character. Mark, I DETEST you!! (view spoiler) There was a quote in th...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Reychel may seem weak at first glance, but after reading through the three books in this part of the story, she is a lot stronger than she appears. She does not take the easy option and will continue fighting for what she believes in even if other people have given up.

This has been an entertaining and intriguing set of books to read, the storyline has followed through at a wonderful pace and all of the characters are well developed, whether you like them or not.

I would recommend this book/series...more
Billie
I really don't like giving books bad ratings. Let me be clear this book series was not BAD, it just wasn't GOOD. The story of the series was a great idea, it was just not executed properly.

This book had a lot of filler in it that did not need to be there. I hated reading about Reychel's visions of her future. It was annoying. I did not like any of the characters in this book at all. Their traits were forced in with no back story or development process.

The big twist? You can see coming a mile aw...more
Kristina
I was so excited to receive a copy of Severed for review since I loved the first two books in the series so much, but then it took me forever to read it! Which was stupid, because this book was awesome. It's a great conclusion to a wonderful series!

I have loved Reychel from the very beginning and her character grows with each book. She used to be slave who had no idea that the stories she told were actual visions of the future. She is so brave and she is willing to do anything to protect those s...more
Flora Bateman
I received a free copy of this book for my honest review.

Although I liked this book I liked it the least out of the trilogy. Reychel is suffering from headaches like the first prophet and the cause is found to be from an unusual source. Afterwards, Reychel has decisions to make that not only will affect her and Mark but all of those in the kingdom.

The pace of this book is a much faster rate than those that came before it. And it feels like the level of magic is also at a much higher degree than...more
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Severed was the perfect ending to the Cloud Prophet Trilogy! Megg has another hit on her hands and has wrapped up the series with an ending that was both heartbreaking and joyous! I couldn’t have seen Reychel and Mark’s story ending any other way.

Megg has brought back the fantasy world that I dearly love and with it the amazing characters that I’ve grown to see as friends. I hoped and wished they would have a happy ending but with Megg I knew that to get a happy ending there would be some suffer...more
Books
I read the first book in this trilogy the last month of 2010, and the follow-up much later in 2011. It took me some time to get around to reading this last instalment in the Cloud Prophet Trilogy as I felt slightly disappointed with the second book and I considered not reading the last book in the series. However, I’m really glad I read the last book, as it tied up all the loose ends and had a pretty good ending.

But, as much as I enjoyed Severed, it had the potential to be so much better. Not mu...more
Kim
Severed is the last of the Cloud Prophet trilogy, and my favorite! The mystery and intrigue are at a fever pitch in this novel, keeping me completely absorbed. Reychel is a fabulous character, a former slave thrust into a life she never imagined herself a part of. Now the fate of the world rests primarily on her shoulders and she stands to lose everything she has ever dreamed of to save her people. She still struggles to use her gifts to help her people, even while fearing the loss of her sanity...more
WovenStrands
A trilogy that completely enraptured me! I loved the writing style of this particular author from the first chapter of book one, Anathema. Besides her fabulous writing, I also loved the setting and world Jensen had created so I was extremely excited to read the final book …as well as sad, because who really wants a great writer to finish writing about characters you’ve grown to love?

As we catch up with Reychel in the final book, she’s suffering physically with unexplainable headaches and extreme...more
Catherine
As usual, I devoured Megg Jensen's book! Unfortunately as the series goes on I find myself liking Reychel less and less as a character - though that's not to say she isn't well written. In fact, the reason I don't like her is because she thinks exactly like someone of her age and background would, meaning I wouldn't necessarily make the same decisions. As usual, Reychel has some character growth, and in the climax of this book she is definitely put to the test.

Many of the previous characters ret...more
Amy Nielsen (is going cerebral for 2014)
I got this first book from Amazon for free (or close to) I believe. Each subsequent book was an affordable 2.99 and I was quick to snatch up and download to my iPad.

Each of these books was relatively short - only took me 4-5 hours to finish them each but a lot of that was because they were all great!

Megg Jensen has a gift with word choice, descriptions and suspense. I was totally "in" these stories. The only exception was the lack of depth I got from Mark which was totally ok with me because th...more
Krista (CubicleBlindness Reviews)
This is one of those series that had me from the first book. The characters are intriguing and each book has so much that happens they are hard to put down.

In this third book, it's the one that I feel Reychel has the most character growth for her. she is learning how to use her powers and read her visions.

Her romance with Mark takes a pretty big step forward. And her relationship with her childhood friend Ivy takes a huge turn with events that left me breathless. It was an emotional roller coast...more
Savannah (Books With Bite)
his is the last book in the Cloud Prophet trilogy and I am sad to see it end. I have followed and review every book loved it. From the start of slave girl to blooming into someone she never thought it be, this book had a great ending.

What I like most about this book is the great plot line. It gripped the reader from the very beginning holding the reader down for a ride we never expected. With every turn of the page, the reader is immersed with wars, betrayals, and old enemies coming back for mor...more
Megan
When I started reading Severed, I had literally just finished Oubliette, and although I had other books that I should have read first, and they are books that look really good too… I just couldn’t prolong the wait to find out what happens to Serenia as well as all the characters that I have come to love. So I started reading this book, even though I should have gone to sleep and waiting until the next day, and it was so good that I read it in like three hours!
This book was by far my favorite in...more
Kasey
Reading this after the other two was a bit of a letdown. The other two were action packed and we got to see Reychel learn to look after herself and learn to be more careful about who she trusted. I feel like I missed half the book because she woke up 4 months later. Granted it was at the end and she did end up being able to win against the Malborns but ultimately it just lacked something the previous two books had. It also felt like it ended really quickly.(view spoiler)...more
Nina
I really enjoyed this book. However, like the first two, I felt like it was way too short. I think that the three books in this series could have easily been combined to make just one book and then it would have been a normal length. It only took me about two hours to read this installment.

This book wraps up Reychel's story and does a good job of tying up all the loose ends of where each character was coming from and what their final role was in the story. Again, there are a few nice twists and...more
S
The third and final book in the trilogy was the best of the three books, which is very unusual. Megg Jensen writes a good fantasy novel and knows how to grab the reader’s attention and keep it from beginning to end. I still say this could have easily have been a single book instead of a trilogy, but with that said, I will continue to read her books. Good job for a quick, enjoyable, light-hearted read.
Liz Wood
As good as the rest of the series

The adventures of Raychel and Mark + crew have invaded my life. It has been quite a while since I have been so entranced. by a trilogy. The plot develops naturally, with many twists and reversals, and frames believable characters who are flawed but doing what they can to better the lot of people around them. Well worth reading.

Miranda Agee
*2.5 STARS (Severed), 3.5 STARS (Cloud Prophet Trilogy) *

Even though I liked this series as a whole, Severed, individually, fell short of the mark. There were too many inconsistencies, weak dialogue, and overall the writing did not stand up to the caliber the story demanded.

This is a cool world, curious to see how life will work in Swarm.
Kristina
What I Loved
Final
What a great conclusion to the final book in the trilogy. A few great twists that kept me guessing what was going to happen next and wondering how this story was going to end. It did have one of those exciting ending where you thought it was all finished, but them something crazy happens and we still have more to go.

Didn't Love
I went back and forth on Reychel in this book, last book she was doing so much better with being not so naive but in this book it kinda comes back a bit.

R...more
Veray Carter
This is the last book in this series and I loved how Rachel became stronger and able to stand on her own two feet. She finally felt useful and was able to help them win the war. There was a twist at the end that surprised me, but I liked it and was happy for all of them.
Tonya
Megg Jensen well done - what a great way to finish a story - I fell in love with Reychel and Mark and their story and how Reychel over came great odds in her life to become a great prophet and what a great way to end the story for her, Mark and well I wont say that would ruin it. The characters are so vibrant and full of life in all three books, your descriptions of them their character, mannerisms their look, attitude is so very clear and made me feel like I was standing right there. I could cl...more
Jamie Russell
had a lot of action in this book. but the ending was just a little lame. I was hoping for the trilogy to go out with a bang but it kinda fizzled out overall great trilogy. fast read.
Brea Essex
I am so sad that the Cloud Prophet Trilogy is over! It was a fabulous ending, though. Once again, Megg Jensen left me guessing throughout the entire book. The ending to the war was unexpected, as was the people behind the war. The very end left me surprised, but successfully tied up all the loose story threads. Megg Jensen is definitely joining the list of my favorite authors!

While the Cloud Prophet Trilogy may be technically over, there's more to look forward to. Megg recently announced that sh...more
R.G.
Oct 25, 2012 R.G. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
an amazing end to the trilogy... this is one of the few series i've read where i was constantly surprised... nothing is predictable... there are constant twists and turns as one plan after another fails and changes and the war becomes more than they thought it would be... and Reychel does everything she thinks is right but as things continue to go wrong she begins to question how right her choices really are and whether there really her choices to make... all i can say is if you've made it this...more
Joan Johnson
Severed

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys fantasy. The quality of the writing in all three books is great and flows throughout the story. The editing is also great.
Jackie -Sated Faery
Great ending to a fascinating series! This book was full of surprises and tension. There were several times when I was almost afraid to keep reading, but couldn't bear to stop! The world Reychel lives in is being turned upside down with fighting all around and Reychel is having a hard time getting her gift under control. And that's just where all the trouble starts! Thank goodness for Mark and the few loyal friends Reychel has made along the way or she wouldn't even have a chance! This series ta...more
Mandy
so who takes over the northern castle? what happens to the other guy? inquiring minds want to know...
  • The Vessel (White Aura, #2)
  • Unhallowed Curse (The Sacred Guardians, #2)
  • Shattered (Desire, #2)
  • Two Moons of Sera Vol. 1
  • Sacrifice (The Chosen #3)
  • Pride Unleashed (A Wolf's Pride, #2)
  • Weaving Destiny (The Soulkeepers, #2)
  • Splintered (Reflections #3)
  • Embody (Insight, #2) (Web of Hearts and Souls #2)
  • Haunting the Night (Past Midnight, #2.5)
  • Alexander Death (The Paranormals, #3)
  • Beguiled (Immortal Essence, #2)
  • The Dark Zone (Galahad, #4)
  • Bound (The Crystor, #1)
  • The Pearl Savage (Savage, #1)
  • The Assassin's Curse (The Emperor's Edge, #2.5)
  • Beyond the Sea (Beyond the Sea, #1)
  • August (One Black Rose, #2)
I've been a freelance parenting journalist since 2003 and began writing YA novels in 2009. I live in the Chicago suburbs with my husband, two kids, and our miniature schnauzers, Ace & Tanu.

For more information on me please visit my website at http://www.meggjensen.com
More about Megg Jensen...
Anathema (Cloud Prophet Trilogy, #1) Sleepers (The Swarm Trilogy, #1) Oubliette (Cloud Prophet Trilogy #2) The Initiate (Cloud Prophet Trilogy, #0.5) Afterlife (The Swarm Trilogy, #2)