Start by marking “We're Not Blended, We're Pureed: A Survivor's Guide to Blended Families” as Want to Read:
We're Not Blended, We're Pureed: A Survivor's Guide to Blended Families

We're Not Blended, We're Pureed: A Survivor's Guide to Blended Families

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  130 ratings  ·  48 reviews
When a second marriage includes children, it often can lead to a less-than-fairy-tale life. This book uses humor to approach the often emotionally charged issues in blended families. Both authors provide useable methods for what to say when words dont come. Short, captivating chapters are perfect for those rare moments parents have to themselves.
Published July 1st 2011 by Concordia Publishing House (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about We're Not Blended, We're Pureed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We're Not Blended, We're Pureed

Michelle
More like 4.5 stars, but still an excellent read. I loved how the author had the character's dialog so unique and well done that I could hear their voices in my head while they spoke. Each character had a distinct voice and way of thinking. That made this book stand out from others. Plus, it wasn't boring. Just being honest here. While the story itself isn't exceptional in the sense that it's not very unique, it still made me smile and had plenty of redeeming qualities. The spiritual arc in the ...more
Casey
I do think this novel might be my latest “cute novel find”. A sweet romance with characters that had me chuckling and loving their antics upon the page, was the perfect end to my restful Sunday, while also completely entertaining me.

I have to give a bit of attention to the most unique character names I think I’ve ever read. Heaven and Angel threw me once in a while, thinking I was reading a cliché instead of a name, but I loved the little twists given their names for the enjoyment of the reader
Lillie
I met Diana Brandmeyer online several years ago when we both had books with the same electronic publisher and have been a fan a long time. While I was predisposed to like Diana's latest book, historical romance isn't a favorite genre for me, so my review is as objective and unbiased as humanly possible.

I love the characters, especially Heaven, Angel, and Travis. My minor complaint about the characters is that I wondered for about halfway through the book how old Angel was. At various times in th
Sandra
All Travis Logan, a reluctant doctor, wants is to raise horses. But what's a man to do when someone offers him a Tennessee farm and heaven?

When Heaven Wharton's ma drilled into her all the proprieties of being a lady in society, she should have included a lesson on the impropriety of shooting a stranger, even if it's accidental.

This is how the hero and heroine in A Bride's Dilemma in Friendship, Tennessee meet. He tries to save her father's life. She shoots him.

As lighthearted as that sounds,
Valerie Comer
On the heels of the Civil War, a dying man gave Doctor Travis Logan the deed to his Tennessee farm. The man’s brain must have been a bit addled, because he also offered Travis Heaven and Angel.

Life is tough in Tennessee as the war closes, and Heaven Wharton has her hands full keeping marauders off her land. Surely soon Pa will return to take Heaven and her sister off to Chicago. Too bad Heaven is a lousy shot. When she attempts to shoot over a man’s head, she accidentally grazes him instead. Hor
Carrie Daws
Apr 21, 2012 Carrie Daws rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christian romantic fiction lovers
A couple months ago I was in a reading slump. It seemed everything I picked up was either poorly edited or had cardboard characters. But the last three books I've read renewed my love for reading! A Bride's Dilemma in Friendship, Tennessee by Diana Lesire Brandmeyer is the latest great book.

Read more of my review on Monday, April 23, 2012 at http://carriedaws.com/?p=768.
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Heaven’s Stolen His Heart.
After witnessing the ravages of the Civil War, Travis Logan vowed to give up doctoring. But when fellow steamboat passenger Caleb Wharton collapses at his feet, Travis knows he must lend his aid. As the old man lies dying, he makes Travis promise to take care of his land and find Heaven. Travis can’t help but wonder what Heaven has to do with a real place, so he heads to Caleb’s farm to fulfill his promise.
Weeks of facing marauders and caring for her
Martha Cheves
We’re Not Blended We’re Pureed – Review by Martha A. Cheves, Author of Stir, Laugh, Repeat and Think With Your Taste Buds

A circle is a symbol of unity, eternity, and completeness. The wedding ring represents eternal love and the persistently renewed promises of a couple. Some Scandinavian women wear three bands: one each for engagement, wedding, and motherhood. In medieval England, a bridegroom would slide the ring partway up his bride’s thumb, index, and middle finger, saying “In the name of Fa
Lillie
A contemporary romance, Mind of Her Own is quite different from the typical romance novel. Louisa has retrograde amnesia, but she wakes up with lots of memories. The problem is that her memories aren't real. She is convinced she's the famous romance writer Jazz Sweet, and she doesn't know anything about being a wife and mother of three.

There is suspense: Is Jazz really Louisa? If so, will she ever give up her dream memories and remember her real life? Collin, her husband, is a great romantic he
Carly
After getting her heart broken, Randi Davis decides to hit the open road driving a truck. She has also sworn off men. Matthew Carter is a pastor who is passionate about his truck stop ministry. When Randi is forced to take Matthew on her route, she begins to wonder if there really is someone out there for her and Matthew begins to wonder the same thing. To complicate things even more, Randi is left having to care for her eight-year old niece, Emma. This could either be a recipe for disaster and ...more
Mary Shipman
Diana Lesire Brandmeyer has taken an old plot and given it a new personality. Published by Tyndale, Brandmeyer’s new book, “Mind of her Own”, almost makes amnesia sound like it could be fun.

Louisa Copeland is a ‘perfect’ wife for lawyer Collin, despite three young children, their home is spotless, the car pool is run, dinner is ready when/if he arrives home. Something is missing, maybe her life is too perfect and too bland, she certainly feels lost. What is the secret she is hiding?

When an accid
Sharon Srock
Welcoming the alter ego.

What if you had an alter ego that was everything you felt you could never be? I’m not talking about a split personality, or an evil twin. Still you, but different. Messy where you’re neat, colorful where you’re drab, happy where you’re sad, inept where you’re skilled, skilled where you’re inept, playful where you’re stoic. What if you woke up to find the alter ego had taken over your life?

A Mind of Her Own is a delightful story about finding yourself. Louisa is the perfec
Johnnie Alexander
Louisa Copeland finds security, though not happiness, in her immaculate but bland home. After a head injury knocks her out, she awakes as the colorful, mischievous, and imaginative romance author Jazz Sweet. But there's more to this story than Louisa/Jazz's retrograde amnesia. What is it that "Jazz" doesn't want Louisa to remember? As Jazz and her husband learn together to navigate her memory loss, they also learn important lessons about their marriage -- and each other.

Though we had family visi
Lindsey Silvestrini
What woman hasn’t felt at one time or another that she has a split personality? I know I feel that way almost weekly between hormone changes, lack of sleep and life in general! In Mind of Her Own, Louisa literally experiences a split personality due to a memory loss. I found this such an intriguing plot and one I didn’t see coming at all! While it seems scary to completely forget who you are, it’s also a chance at a new beginning!

Louisa loses her memory from a head injury and wakes up thinking s
Retha
What a dilemma!
Travis Logan thinks he can run away from his past and his calling as a doctor to become a horse rancher. When he bumps into a man on the steamboat, his life is changed; Travis Logan believes in the direction he wants his future to go.
More importantly, before dying, Caleb Wharton had given Travis the deed to his land and offered him heaven.
Travis Logan soon finds out that heaven could mean the beauty of the land or it could mean Heaven Wharton and her sister Angel.
Meanwhile Heaven
Sara ♥
This was a random book I found on the new book shelf at the library, and I was pleasantly surprised! I really quite liked the plot, and the writing was very gripping, right from the start. The author didn't dilly-dally getting into the meat of the story.

I found the female character's names quite cheesy. Heaven and Angel? Blegh. Kill me now. But the characters themselves were very likable. Especially Travis Logan... ;) I was SORT OF annoyed about the weak love triangle that was introduced about 7
Angela Breidenbach
Sometimes life just gets the best of us. But we can't really disappear into another dimension or life. That's just what happens to Louisa when she becomes Jazz. Life is too much for her when a knock on the noggin sends her into an alternate life where the duldrums of child rearing and an over-worked husband don't exist. I love that Diana Lesire Brandmeyer put into fiction what many women have wanted in real life. But how would you find your way back? How far can someone go to help you? Does love ...more
Jenny
I always like getting a bargain, and this is definitely a good one. I find that is difficult to find a good clean love story lately. Both stories are fun and lighthearted all the while dealing with some pretty weighty topics. You have characters who have endured the loss of multiple loved ones, some who are running from their past and all of them are searching for the future and hoping it will be brighter.

Of the two my favorite was the second story. The danger of the gang, the secret mole, the
Michelle
I got a copy of this book this morning, a few hours later I had not put it down. I loved the story line. Jazz Sweet was the person Louisa Copeland longed to be, full of life and hope. Hurts from her past kept her from being the person God created her to be. In the blink of an eye Louisa's life and the life of her family were forever changed. These changes brought new life, new love and new beginnings to the ordinary, dull everyday life the family lead. Jazz brought fun and spontaneous into their ...more
Abbie
This is two novels in one book. The first story is A Bride’s Dilemma by Diana Lesire Brandmeyer. Heaven is trying to keep herself and her sister safe as they wait for their father to come back. When she accidentally shoots a trespasser she and her sister work to nurse him back to health. They find out that Travis has been with their father when he died and now owns their small ranch. As Travis heals he comes to care for Heaven.

The 2nd story is A Brides Flight from Virginia City, Montana by Murra
Kim T.
I L-O-V-E-D this book! It was funny, sweet, charming and uniquely different.

NOTE: I requested and received a copy of this title via NetGalley.com for an honest review.
Angela
I liked this book - it was a really cute, light-hearted read. And there was really no question about which guy to choose, so really no dilemma at all!
Janine
“A Bride's Dilemma in Friendship, Tennessee” by Diana Lesire Brandmeyer is a sweet story with a plot that is unique yet predictable, to where I just couldn't stop reading the book. This is the first book that I have read by Ms. Brandmeyer and I really enjoyed it and look forward to reading more fiction by her in the future. I really hope there is a follow up with this book soon for there was an interesting ending with a couple of characters that I would be interested in seeing how it moves forwa ...more
Stacie Wyatt
I read Mind of her own, in exchange for honest review from Tyndale Blog Network. The book was written by Diana Desire Brandmeyer and published by Tyndale House Publishers Inc.

The book is about Louisa, who develops a case of amnesia after a knock to the head by a George Foreman Grill. (which is why I chose the book. The description was amazing). She can't remember her name or her life, with three kids.

The book opens as Louisa is reading a romance novel, maybe she reading a steamy love scene. Anyw
TAMMY CUEVAS
Louisa and Collin's marriage has hit a rocky patch and neither seems to know what to do. Feeling overwhelmed by everything in life and knowing Collin will be late as usual, she decides on a quick dinner of grilled chicken. Louisa's last memory is of the George Foreman indoor grill falling and hitting her head.

Waking in the hospital, Jazz Sweet has no memory of this handsome man, and can't imagine why he insists they are married and her name is Louisa. Collins takes Jazz/Louisa home to recover, a
Title: WE’RE NOT BLENDED, WE’RE PUREED
Authors: Diana Lesire Brandmeyer and Marty C. Lintvedt
Publisher: Concordia Publishing House
July 2011
ISBN: 978-0-7586-1791-0
Genre: Inspirational/Christian living/family concerns

We’re all familiar with the term of blended family. Diana and her husband Ed, both lost their spouses to death, and then eventually remarried. Between the two of them, they have three sons, the two older ones are twenty-one days apart—almost twins. But the problems when they tried to m
Suzanne Williams
This is a sweet story about two people finding unexpected love. The main characters, Travis, Heaven, Angel, and even the animals, are so likeable. Angel's character made me laugh more than once. Her personality really made the book so much better. The plot was a bit expected, not that this is necessarily bad in a romance. However, I did want more of a confrontation between Heaven and her old fiance, Jake. It seemed he sort of fell out of the story. I also wanted more of an ending for Annabelle. ...more
Carrie Daws
Who knew dinner could change your life? Yet that's exactly the catalyst that sets a family on a new path to find God and each otherin Mind of Her Own by Diana Brandmeyer.

Louisa goes to make dinner, gets knocked over by the family dog and knocked out by the grill she was preparing to make dinner on. When she awakes, huge portions of her memory are gone and her family sets out to help her remember. In the process they must confront the truth of who they were, the path they were on, and whether or
S.M. Hutchins
This is a nice look at stepfamily life with each chapter being a somewhat self-contained essay, so it's easy to pick up and read a chapter here and there.

The chapters cover a wide range of topics from the wedding that joins families at the beginning to discipline, changing last names, adopting each other's kids, and the day to day adjustments to blended family life. This is all done from a Christian perspective and includes inspirational Bible verses at the end of each chapter.

Compared to other
Amber Stokes
A Bride's Dilemma in Friendship, Tennessee is a clever story alternately peppered with humor and faith lessons.

Travis practiced medicine during the Civil War - but now that the war is over, he wants nothing more than to breed horses on his own little piece of "heaven." A man's dying requests gives him a chance at his dream.... Maybe.

Heaven and her little sister Angel have been keeping to themselves, waiting for word from their father and hoping that they'll have enough food to last until then. B
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 05, 2015 11:55AM
Christian Fiction...: E-book giveaway 7 40 Feb 09, 2013 12:58PM
  • The Brides of Chance Collection
  • Sundays in Fredericksburg
  • A Bride for All Seasons
  • Finally a Bride (Texas Boardinghouse Brides, #3)
  • The Bartered Bride Collection
  • A Texas Brides Collection: 9 Romances from the Old West
  • A Patchwork Christmas: Three Christmas Romances with Bonus Handcraft Patterns and Cookie Recipes
  • The Message on the Quilt (The Quilt Chronicles #3)
  • Swept Away (Trouble in Texas, #1)
  • Sarah My Beloved (Little Hickman Creek #2)
  • The Midwife's Legacy
  • A Match Made in Texas
  • Simple Choices (Harmony, #3)
  • Highland Crossings (Romancing America)
  • Love Finds You in Groom, Texas
  • Plain Admirer (Brides of Amish Country, #8)
  • Stitched with Love Collection
Christian author, Diana Lesire Brandmeyer, writes historical and contemporary romances. Author of, Mind of Her Own, A Bride's Dilemma in Friendship, Tennessee, We’re Not Blended-We’re Pureed, A Survivor’s Guide to Blended Families, and Hearts on the Road.

Once widowed and now remarried she writes with humor and experience on the difficulty of joining two families be it fictional or real life.
More about Diana Lesire Brandmeyer...
The Festive Bride (The 12 Brides of Christmas #9) A Time To Dance The Trouble With Ralph Wyoming Weddings The 12 Brides of Christmas Collection: 12 Heartwarming Historical Romances for the Season of Love