Start by marking “Hollywood Hulk Hogan” as Want to Read:
Hollywood Hulk Hogan

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

You think you know Hollywood Hulk Hogan™? Brother, you don't know squat about me.
Yeah, I'm the towering red-and-yellow warrior who revolutionized the wrestling business, the larger-than-life superhero who transformed an entire country into a horde of Hulkamaniacs. I'm the guy who spit blood and breathed fire to help create an empire called World Wrestling Entertainment™.
Published December 6th 2002 by World Wrestling Entertainment (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Hollywood Hulk Hogan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hollywood Hulk Hogan

Andy Carrington
Jul 26, 2016 Andy Carrington rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: people, trash
Overhyped "wrestler" and one hell of a twat outside the ring (not to mention, RACIST).

Oh, and he says "BROTHER" quite a lot.
Reverenddave
I think this is an oral history. its like listening to Hulk Hogan talk to you. Every third sentence ends in "brother" or "let me tell you brother". Like the Hulkster himself its brilliantly over the top and as complex as a kids book
Matt Murphy
Jun 10, 2010 Matt Murphy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Typical Hogan B.S. A dishonest autobiography and a complete waste of paper. It's too bad Hogan couldn't transform back into Terry Bollea long enough to write this, because he was a pop-culture icon who would have a great story to tell if he'd tell it right.
David
May 15, 2011 David rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book would have been a lot better if he had written it as Terry Bollea instead of in character as "Hulk Hogan." I got tired of reading "brother" after about every 2nd or 3rd sentence ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE BOOK. I had to FORCE myself to finish it.
Emmannuel
Feb 05, 2017 Emmannuel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history, biography
As a wrestling fan, I remember reading this in high school and thinking "wow, didn't know that he used to be fat", it was insightful considering what kind of history he's lead up 'til now.

I feel like I should re-read this, actually.
Matt Y
Sep 13, 2012 Matt Y rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this story Hollywood Hulk Hogan you learn about the famous wrestler Hulk Hogan. In the beginning he tells you about his older brother. He tells you how he was always in fights,and how his dad was a very hard working man. Then he goes into how overweight he was. Then he he see the awesome thing on t.v. now as wrestling.After that he says he stopped watching it in high school. Then he found a band to play in he became pretty rich.HE was able to buy to cars brand new,but no girl wanted to date ...more
Tyrus Wong
Mar 20, 2012 Tyrus Wong rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
From Golden Sterling to Thunderlips to the man who forever changed pro-wrestling, the Incredible Hulk Hogan!

I've had the honor of meeting Terry Bollea twice back in his amazing AWA days and let me tell you something, brother...those were the best of the best days because every show was electric! Denver's Auditorium Arena was about blown off its foundation! There was never the excitement when Terry would take on Nick Bockwinkle and Bobby The Brain Heenan, and the rest of the Heenan family (Bobby
Noah Bourdeu
Dec 24, 2014 Noah Bourdeu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Hulk Hogan Fans and Wrestling Fans
As a kid growing up, one of my childhood heroes was Hulk Hogan. He was a larger than life figure, and unlike many athletes, he was had a HUGE positive impact on many children's lives. I know that some might complain that his later steroid use controversy might have tainted his reputation, but to each his own.

I enjoyed reading about Hulk Hogan (Terry Bollea) Terry's younger days and how much he struggled to find a way into professional wrestling. I was impressed at how determined he was, not onl
Nick
Jun 19, 2007 Nick rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: users, cheaters, six-time losers
Shelves: non-fiction
Back in 2004, when Hulkamania was still sweeping the nation, it swept over me. The spirit caught me and I fell down.

I read this nominally non-fiction book for a class on non-fiction book writing. This book on wrestling was supposed to give me a feel for the non-fiction book proposal I was writing on wrestling. And, I have to say that, although it did not help much in that regard, it was a lot of fun to read. I love wrestling.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan was trotted out to cash in on Hogan's rebirth as a
David Bowles
Apr 24, 2015 David Bowles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book certainly was not one of the best books that I have read, not even one of the best wrestling books that U have picked up. Nevertheless, Hulk Hogan has been a wrestling icon who I grew up watching from the mid-eighties and it was interesting hearing from him and his experiences from his perspective.

It glossed over many things and the writing style was a bit basic, it was a light read. The reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 3 was because I was so interested in the subject matter rather
Joe Juarez
Dec 05, 2012 Joe Juarez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say that despite the problems he's facing right now over his racial comments during the summer, Hulk Hogan gives himself credit into making professional wrestling what it is today.
There comes a time where in the 1980's pro-wrestling fans assumed that Hogan was the man; and truthfully from merchandising, endorsement deals, movies, and creating a counterculture between sports and entertainment, he deserved to be the man. However, nowadays, it's a whole different story.
With names like J
John Cress
An ok book for a wrestling fan but nothing really shocking or eye opening which came out shortly after the Wrestlemania match with Hulk vs the Rock. One could definitely tell that Hulk had a ghost writer as many portions read as a promo. I enjoyed the book and I read a few pages here and there until I was done.
Scotty Wirth
Jan 27, 2016 Scotty Wirth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book that explains alot about the well known WWE/WWF wrestler and whT strugles in his life and how you can be as susessful as a wresteler like him. This book tells you information like how he got his start,what was his motavation , and etc.I would recomend anybody that likes to learn about history of the unknown.
Victor Orozco
Jun 06, 2013 Victor Orozco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book though slightly flawed. Hogan truly has too much of an ego and it shows in his writing. This man elevated multiple wrestling companies to great success, yet he leaves out that he was culpable in some of their weakest moments. Nevertheless he is an amazing entertainer and worthy of praise. B+.
Will
Feb 18, 2008 Will rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Were you are aware that Hogan/Andre was the draw for the Shea Stadium show that had the Bruno/Zbyszko cage match? No? Then you have a brain. Unlike Hulk Hogan.

And yes he really makes that claim in this book.
Kelly Ghartey
Oct 17, 2010 Kelly Ghartey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Its about Hulk hogan (Used to wrestle) and about his life. The book is good and he is talking about his life all the way back when he was 5 years old and up to 50 years. Alot of Deatails since the book has about 500 pages. But really instresting book,
mark stephens
I like this book because it talks about how Hollywood Hulk Hogan where he grew up, talks about his mother and father, then he talks about him doing sports when he was little kid like Baseball. Then he talks about how he want and becomea Professional Wrestler. There is more to come.
Rob
Dec 24, 2009 Rob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. I think Hulk's newer book (2009) is better written, and of course has newer more recent stuff in it. However, this book was enjoyable and an easy read. It had more stories and inside info on wrestling and his relationships and thoughts on other wrestlers.
Jono
Jun 08, 2012 Jono rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know how much of this book was actually written by Hulk Hogan, if any, but the end result is an often entertaining, sometimes funny, but always interesting glimpse at the man who pretty much single-handedly helped mould professional wrestling into the brand it is today.
Reed
This book should have been titled "Hulk Hogan's Book of Simple Sentences." The longest chapter in this book is five pages and it gives no insight whatever into Hogan's career. By far the worst of the WWE published books.
Luis Maggi
Jun 18, 2012 Luis Maggi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excelente para conocer el mundo de la lucha libre como espectaculo, y las diferencias entre los considerados estrellas y aquellos que tienen que sufrir para subir, es verdaderamente una analogía de lo que muchas empresas hacen con sus empleados.
Michael Smith
Feb 22, 2016 Michael Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book a long time ago and I personally enjoyed it as a wrestling fan...and particularly as a big fan of Hulk Hogan himself. ..I recommend it to every fan of Hulk Hogan...everyone else read at least a sample if you can because not everyone will like it
Mo
Aug 19, 2016 Mo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has mild entertainment value. Terry's story is fun and his personal life stories are heartfelt. However, the storyline about Vince McMahon is pretty forced. It doesn't seem particularly sincere. Perhaps we were trying a bit too hard to get that WWE endorsement for our book, Mr. Hogan?
Bill
Heard the audio book of this, and while not particularly good in the classical sense of the word, it was still pretty entertaining, if only to hear Hogan constantly address you, the listener, as "brother."
John
Nov 07, 2009 John rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. I was a major wrestling fan growing up and reading this book was like a dose of nostalgia.
Jenn
Jun 04, 2011 Jenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: autobiography
I enoyed reading how he worked his way up the ladder from working in shipyards to wrestling all over the world, there is alot of stories about him and andre the giant.
David
Dec 23, 2011 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. I read this book a few years ago, but just found this site. Great account of Hogans story from childhood to his days in the ring with the WWE/WWF
Mr. Pease
Jan 01, 2011 Mr. Pease rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As with many things Hogan-related, it's moderately enjoyable, and of questionable reliability. Only recommended for fans of The Hulkster.
Big
Jul 15, 2008 Big rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this a while back. It was interesting in part, but it was more of a "promote Hulk Hogan as he's a hot ticket right now" as opposed to an in depth biography of his life.
Claude Willis
Contains little that most die-hard wrestling fans didn't already know, and yet I read it in a day, and couldn't put it down.
Hollywood Hulk Hogan 2 4 Jan 21, 2013 05:24PM
  • WWE Legends
  • In The Pit With Piper
  • WWE Encyclopedia
  • If They Only Knew
  • Batista Unleashed (Wwe)