Start by marking “Ouran High School Host Club” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Ouran High School Host...

Bisco Hatori

Ouran High School Host Club (Ouran High School Host Club #16)

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  3,872 ratings  ·  49 reviews
The two senior members of the Host Club are graduating and will lead separate lives at university. Everyone is mourning the loss of the Hunny-Mori Combo, but the longtime duo already seems to have ended their close friendship. Now Mori has challenged Hunny to a duel--but why?
Published (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ouran High School Host Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ouran High School Host Club

Michelle. D.
Aleixie

I am not going to spend a long time on this. Like most manga series, I have been disappointed toward the end. Although the characters were great (well, most anyway. The main character wasn't a very bright one), especially the twins, I had trouble staying awake (and not because I was deadly tired from all the Christmas decorating!!) The first book wasn't very bright either, where the characters came across as very shallow. Then, the following eight were good but the rest was the same thing over a
Cornerofmadness
Laura Graves
Review posted 1/30/2012 at Owl Tell You About It.

The reason I’m rating this lower than I’ve rated this series in the past is because this volume was full of a lot of stuff I just didn’t care about. I can remember when Fruits Basket was concluding and I could barely keep my nose out of those. I was so hooked. Even though this manga has really stepped things up in the past few volumes, some of it is just not that interesting to me.

Tamaki’s grandmother is made of evil. Actually, pretty much his who
Julie Hayes
The time is rapidly approaching for Hunny and Mori’s graduation, hard as that is to believe. Even more unbelievable is that Mori has challenged Hunny to a duel! What’s up with that?

Ouran High School is abuzz with the news of the impending duel, and bets have even been placed. But no one can predict how the duel indeed ends.

April arrives, and time for the new school year, but the door to Music Room 3 remains locked…

So much is changing, more than friends graduating and moving on. Tamaki has been a
Rach
The build-up between Hunny and Mori and their graduation in the first part of this volume seems a little excessive and irrelevant, given how it is resolved. Mori beats Hunny on a technicality, and his only requests are that once he starts at the university, he brush his teeth daily, eat less cake, and bring his bunny to school less. There is no real drama, because despite the fact that Hunny and Mori will not be at Ouran every day, they're still part of the group, and will be around.

The real dra
Penny
Let me start out by saying that i will be writing one review for this manga. At first i had watched the anime that was adapted from this manga and i fell in love with the characters. It is a funny, cheesy kinda gender-bender romantic plot.

Compared to the anime, the manga had far more details and other stories involved.
Ok enough with the anime.

As i mentioned before the plot is a comedy, cheesy romantic, gender-bender...
Haruhi is a scholarship student at an exclusive rich high school called Ouran
Anna
Hunny and Mori's graduation, and the duel which preceded it, was anticlimactic and silly. Which I suppose should've been expected from this duo. I don't know why I was expecting Mori to say something profound -- though really, if their respective fathers as models, this oddball master/servant dynamic isn't going to change anytime soon.

Haruhi's reaction to Tamaki is this volume makes me uncomfortable. (view spoiler)
Jocelyne
December 2013: 4 Stars
Dawwwww Mori and Hunny's fight was so true to who they are! I was worried at first but the ending of that sequence was great ^_^
I HATE TAMAKI'S GRANDMA!!! He is such a pure, kind soul, and she just poisons him and yet he remains optimistic! ... Gwaahhh it kills me to see him trying so hard and doing everything he can to please her, to no avail. Come on, Tamaki! Stand up to her! Show her that you have the strength of will, vision and leadership to run the company!
Meanwhile,
Marilag
Emy
This is the hundredth review I've done on Goodreads. *fanfare*

Having broken a priceless vase, Haruhi Fujioka is in debt to the host club, and this romantic comedy series follows her as she tries to pay it back.

This volume covers Hunny and Mori's graduation, and the events that come after it. I can't really say much more without spoiling.

Let's just say my little heart is breaking. ;A;

I DON'T KNOW WHO TO TRUST. Perhaps I wasn't wrong about the chairman being sinister, after all! D:

On a side note,
Ashley
❅ (t.c) (hiatus: school)
This is WAYYY too dramatic. I cannot stand this !@#$%^&*() volume!!! UGH THANK GOODNESS THINGS WILL BE RESOLVED. I get IT. Tamaki has to grow up, be the fucking leader and all that shit BUT that is NO fucking excuse to leave ALL your friends in a blackhole, CLUELESS and don't know a shit. Rich and wealthy people, especially one's insistent on that pure blood shit are THE WORST. I hope someone shits on Tamaki's grandma's heart. Someone needs to ask her if she even has one -.- I swear one da ...more
Sarah Jane Smith
T-T-TAMAKI-SEMPAI ;_____; this was very much a Tamaki volume - despite the back cover description, most of the chapters center around him and his troubled relationship with his family. It also has some lovely flail-making Tamaki/Haruhi moments including the one at the end of the first chapter OH YES LET IT BE ♥

The extra chapters are adorable as well, especially the one about Haruhi's parents back when they first started dating. Interesting stuff! All in all, for a series sliding into home base,
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Well this was good. Series getting interesting. And moments where it was good, a little sad in a way and makes you wonder where the story will go, same with the characters.
Sakura Yue Michaelis
The departure of 2 members of the club :( the ending is approaching :(

BUT! the first kiss between 2 other beloved members! :D Very "shoujo" style.
Adriana
3.5/5 Stars

Holy crap, things are getting real in this volume! Not my favorite installment, but I still don't want it to end D:
Romi
And this is the one. This is the one where I just paused at Ranka's words and nodded and wanted that to last forever.
Aparajita
God i cannot believe that Honey and Mori graduated!
Mori challenges Honey to a battle because he has something to say to Honey and he will only say that if he wins.
In this book we are introdued to Honey and Mori's parents who are nothing like Honey and Mori.
Honey's father accuses Mori because he challenges Honey but Mori's father reminds him the number of things Mori has done for Honey and thy are epically funny!
When Mori challenged Honey i thought he had something very serious to say but the thi
Lauren
Haruhi is one of my favorite manga characters of all time. She is funny and strong even against a bushel of guys (strange kinds of guys by the way, but they are lovable too!) Even though all of the guys fit in their own individual stereotype that is exactly what makes the series as a whole so funny and enjoyable. The relationship between Haruhi and Tamaki is epic and I can tell you for a fact that I will be re-reading this series many times in the future!

I would really recommend watching the ani
Chelsea
The plot in this series seems to be getting really intense and I am looking forward to the next volume! The bonus chapter Haruhi's Mother and Father was really sweet. I also loved the bonus chapter Hitachiin Family Precept because it gave us another chance to see the twins when they were younger as well as some more insight into their family. I really enjoy reading about the Hitachiin family because they are all so fun and eccentric.
Kay
This latest installment in the series provides more character and plot development than some of the previous, although I'm still often confused about about a character's, well, character. The stereotypes and archetypes and world views differ a lot from my background and givens, so I often don't have any idea why A leads to B and then C. Still, this is one manga that has managed to keep me interested.
Lindsey
Ryouji and Kotoko are soooooooo cute!
Starbubbles
I was expecting humor, and I got this depressing thing instead. Okay, I'm making it sound worse than what it was, but I was terribly depressed after reading this. To top it off, the next new book I read turned out I already owned. But that's unrelated, it just added to the disappointment. I'm looking forward to reading how all of this resolves.
Jenny
[Ch. 72-75:]

So Mori ended up winning, which was very surprising. It wasn't as dramatic as I thought it would be.

LOL that 'kiss' between Tamaki and Haruhi was so awkward.

Tamaki finally gets to go to the main house. Wow. I wonder what scheme is going on... ¬_¬
But booo, the Host Club is disbanded. :(
Kate
Kereesa
Volume 16 of the Ouran High School Host Club mostly revolves around the graduation (finally :P) of the two seniors of the groups, and the changes Tamaki's grandmother is making towards his life as the future heir of his family's company. Cute, but a serious one as well. 4/5
Natalie
I wanted a lot more content from this volume and got very little. Maybe it's a bit much to expect, but I read the last chapter of this tankobon over a year ago now, and it's just coming out in tankobon form?! Publish faster, people!
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 23 (Fruits Basket, #23)
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 15
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 15
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 17 (Hana-Kimi, #17)
Japanese: 葉鳥ビスコ

Bisco Hatori born August 30 is a Japanese manga artist. Bisco Hatori is a pseudonym; she states that the name has special meaning to her. She has worked for such magazines as LaLa. Her manga debut was A Moment of Romance in LaLa DX. Her first series was Millennium Snow. However, the comedy Ouran High School Host Club is her breakout hit.

More about Bisco Hatori...

Ouran High School Host Club (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 2 (Ouran High School Host Club, #2)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 3 (Ouran High School Host Club, #3)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 4 (Ouran High School Host Club, #4)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 5 (Ouran High School Host Club, #5)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 6 (Ouran High School Host Club, #6)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 7 (Ouran High School Host Club, #7)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 8 (Ouran High School Host Club, #8)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 9 (Ouran High School Host Club, #9)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 10 (Ouran High School Host Club, #10)
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1) Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 2 (Ouran High School Host Club, #2) Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 3 (Ouran High School Host Club, #3) Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 15 (Ouran High School Host Club, #15) Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 4 (Ouran High School Host Club, #4)

“You, your grandmother, the chairman----YOU'RE ALL ABUNCH OF FRIGGIN' IDIOTS!!!"

~Haruhi”