Start by marking “Altered (Setenid Blight #1)” as Want to Read:
Altered (Setenid Blight #1)

Altered (Setenid Blight #1)

This is the first book in the young adult paranormal romance series Setenid Blight.

Deep in the Sierra Nevada mountains there lies a cave that has been the source of local legends for centuries. Purported to be the home of an ancient deranged and vicious animal, many have gone in seek of it, but what lies within is far more dangerous than a mere creature.

17 year-old Piper “

To ask other readers questions about Altered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Altered

Avery
Jun 27, 2011 Avery rated it it was amazing
Move aside all book boys I have deemed swoon-worthy in the past! Dev may seriously be the most swoon-worthy boy I have ever read of before (save for Jace Lightwood, but he is another story as he is in a category all of his own). I think that Dev possess all of the best characteristics of all of my favourite book boys- Jay Heaton's super caring nature (from Kimberly Derting's "The Body Finder" series), Marc Ramos' over-protectiveness (from Rachel Vincent's "Shifters" series), and Jace Lightwood's ...more
Ahana .M. Rao
*bangs head on the table*
Why *bang* do I *bang* do this *bang* to myself *bang*.
Tortuuuureeee!
Amazing, heart-wrenching, gut-clenching, eyes-tearing, nose-sniffling story.
God. Sometimes I wonder WHY I do this to myself?!
Then, I realize, because I want to know about true love as it goes against suffering and pain, and yet how the love continues against all odds.
Happy endings.
Fairy-tale love.
Sibling-love.
Sacrifice made for loved ones.
Loss of life of ones you trust with all your heart.
*bangs hea
Beckie
I rated this book 3.5 - Review can also be found here: http://syco4twilight.blogspot.com/

I am very impressed by Kimberly Montague's first book in the Setenid Blight series, Altered. The plot of the book is a very fun read full of Romance, suspense, and difficult choices. A classic love story with a twist. Altered starts out with the reader's learning about a few of the main characters, Evie, her brother Harm and Evie's boyfriend of seven years, Jay. Evie and her brother Harm recently lost there
Teigan
Nov 18, 2016 Teigan rated it liked it
Went from high school romance to intense thriller real quick. I enjoyed the style of writing-- the internal dialogue was eloquently done while still relatable-- but the romance climaxed too fast and took up a significant portion of the story.
Book Snobs
Feb 03, 2012 Book Snobs rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-reads

Not your typical YA paranormal romance! The Setenid Blight books are a tale of almost too real apocalyptic proportions. I read the first book in the series, Altered many months ago. It stole my heart from the very beginning. Many months later, I was contacted with an e-mail letting my know that Divided, book 2 was (finally) available. I can honestly tell you that my fascination with YA paranormal romances got it's beginning right here! However, I no longer really see that this series truly fits
Kelly
Every once in a while a book hits your radar out of the blue and it blows you away. This book did exactly that. From the first page I was enthralled. I even reached a point where I knew something bad was about to happen and I had to put the book down because I didn't want all the goodness that Evie was just beginning to experience to be taken away from her. That, my friends, is some good writing.

We start up with some slow, sweet interactions that let us meet Evie (or Piper, if you choose to call
Cecilia (rather barefoot than bookless)
This book is amazing, I loved it from the first page. The author really knows how to write with passion.  The story is really intriguing and and just wonderful! I was completely captivated by this story!

The main part of this book is focused on the love story between Evie and Devlin. And wow it is a love story I will not soon forget. The way Montague describes their feelings for each other is wonderful! I could almost see the sparks between them fly of the pages of the book. It was loaded with em
Cogito_ergo_sum
Apr 18, 2014 Cogito_ergo_sum rated it liked it
Shelves: maybe
The beginning of the book, like the first 70 pages dragged. The whole time I kept waiting for the action to start. From the blurb we already know there's something up with the cave, and the cover on the book gives us a pretty big clue.

After the inciting incident that started the action with the MC, it took a while to wait for the MC to solve the 'what' mystery. That was a little annoying.

Other than that, the plot was okay. I really only liked the book when the actual action started. Then it bec
Erin
Jan 31, 2013 Erin rated it really liked it
I don't think I'll ever be able to walk into a cave without having a panic attack after reading this book. The sickening, creepy, violent plot was so understated for most of this book, that when it finally comes full-throttle into the storyline it's a shock to your system! There was teen drama and love triangle heartache at every turn, but I was not prepared for the "I Am Legend"-style creatures that made my stomach turn over! Definitely a fascinating twist on the "zombie" apocalypse plot, and I ...more
Alisha
Aug 05, 2012 Alisha rated it really liked it
This was a peculiarly different read...the reason i say this is because a mixture of genres was used in the production of this book, namely sci-fi and romance, both of which are brilliant in their own rights but bizzare when combined.
In this case, the author complemented each genre brilliantly in this book however i found a certain welding of both aspects lacking. You'd concentrate either on the romance or the sci-fi at each given time and none particularly crossed at any point which made me fee
Luna Chulhan
Feb 08, 2012 Luna Chulhan rated it liked it
I think this book deserves more than three stars but I have strict standards on reviewing. the only reason why I did not give it 4 stars is cause I have to push my self to read through the first chapter, there was not much of a hook but I digress on to the book!!

So I really felt of Piper/Evie, being stuck between a rock and a hard place, living with her boyfriend and wanting another. It's a tough place to be and you have to be really brave to persue something like that when you have some much to
Amanda
Sep 08, 2011 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011, favorites
I only have one question....when is the next book coming out?

This book is probably one of the easiest and most unique books I have read lately. The relationships between Jay, Piper, and Devlin are well written and completely believable (although the relationship between Devlin and Piper at times seems to move really fast). I read this book in one sitting and when I got to the end was sad to have to leave this world for awhile. I cannot wait for the next book. The plot line has a slow start as t
Taylor Hale
Aug 21, 2011 Taylor Hale rated it it was amazing
I love, love, LOVED this book!! When I finished it I was so sad because I wanted to read more! Dev is officially my favorite love interest! He's cocky, witty, and super sweet. He just seemed more real than most. I think too often authors make the male love interest too mellow, too perfect, and they forget the flaws that make them real people. And frankly that gets old. But Kimberly Montague made both love interests: Dev and Jay real and flawed, but still extremely lovable.

But beyond the romance
Brandy
Sep 06, 2011 Brandy rated it it was amazing
This book I absolutely LOVED. At some points I forgot I was reading a paranormal thriller because I was so enthralled in the romance between Evie & Dev. Then at another point I forgot all about their romance because of the insane paranormal events going on in the book.

This has definitely moved up to one of my favorite books and I cannot wait until she releases the second book at the end of this year. When I closed this book I was literally sad to leave these characters and their world behind
Michele
Aug 25, 2011 Michele rated it it was amazing
Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy! Devlin is the newest inducted in my YA Crush Club! There are books that draw you in and won't let you go, this is one of those books. I was hooked right from the beginning.

Evie has been through a lot already having just lost her parents, saying goodbye to her brother, moving in with her boyfriends family and back to the town of her childhood. But what she faces next will be more difficult and dangerous then even she could imagine.
Ashley
Sep 02, 2011 Ashley rated it really liked it
So I only bought this book the other day thinking it might be a mildly interesting novel and it was fairly cheap for a ebook. But, I have to day this book was wonderful. The story is completely gripping it had me laughing and crying. My only complaint is there are a lot of questions but hopefully they will be answered in the sequel. I recommend this book to anyone who loves fantasy/paranormal books.
Fawn
Jul 10, 2012 Fawn rated it it was amazing
I love that there are two very different things that keep you drawn to this story. There's the crazy, massively destructive "disease" issue and there's the amazingly sweet and timeless love story. Devlin has to be the best good guy ever and the chemistry/love between he and Evie had me grinning. I had to read book two right after finishing this book. I can't wait for book 3!
Melissa
Dec 30, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Wow wow and wow. I was asked to review this book by its author. I was not expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. It was a wonderful mix of romance, mystery, and the paranormal. The second half of the book is so full of action I couldn't put it down and stayed up till 3 am last night to finish it. I highly reccomend this book and look forward to reading more from this author!
dluvsbooks
Oh, wow!!! This book was so amazing that I'm literally speechless. This is definitely my favorite book!!! I laughed, bawled my head off, and was swept off my feet. Know wonder Altered has such high ratings!!! Sooooo can't wait to read more. This is one of those books you could read over and over and never get tired of it!!! Happy reading everybody;)
Tiffany
Feb 12, 2012 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
I must admit that while Dev is no Daemon Black (Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout) or Tristan (Anew by Chelsea Fine), he is definately an adorable, male lead. You will find yourself rooting for Dev and Evie throughout the entire story. I will definately be reading this one again....can't wait for the sequel "divided".
Tracey
Jan 11, 2012 Tracey rated it it was amazing
WoW I loved this book. Yes it starts of a bit slow, don't stop reading thinking oh no this is going to be another love triangle cause it's not. keep going and you'll get hooked like I did. Can't wait for book 2.
Amy
Aug 13, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it
Looking forward to reading the next book in the series, interested to see where it is going next. Kinda gave me the shivers reading this,because there is a new drug in our area, that makes people act like this LOL. Just came out in the news when I started reading it lol.
Tara
Jan 10, 2012 Tara rated it it was amazing
Stayed up till nearly 4am to finish this book! With my husband growling at me every so often to "put the damn kindle down!", I just couldn't do such a thing! Awesome read!! As some have asked, when is book 2 coming out??!
Miranda
Oct 24, 2011 Miranda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-amazing
I Think Altered Was The Perfect Combination Of Mystery, Love, And Suspense. I Absolutely Love This Book Along With The Other Two Currently Published. I Cannot WAIT To Read The Second One. :)

You're Such A great Author, I Hope My Books Turn Out As Good As Yours.

-Miranda Edwards<3
Ashley
May 15, 2013 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Totally thought I was in for another paranormal romance, but then wha-bam! Not so! Totally loved the twist in this story of who the real monsters were and can't wait for the next book. Something different.
Revati Ragini
Aug 11, 2011 Revati Ragini rated it really liked it
Can't wait to read the second part. It didn't live up to everything I'd hoped, but it was an extremely enjoyable read nonetheless.
Kerri
Sep 23, 2011 Kerri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This paranormal thriller turned out to be much better than I had thought it would. Interesting characters and a unique story line kept me turning the pages.
Zoë Kern
Zoë Kern rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Rudi
Rudi rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2015
Shianna
Shianna rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2011
  • Kept (Coveted, #2)
  • Break Away (Away, #1)
  • Blood Fever (The Watchers, #3)
  • The Twelfth Keeper (Twelfth Keeper #1)
  • Beautiful Nightmare
  • Tempus (Tempus, #1)
  • Entropy (The Countenance, #3)
  • Starcrossed: Perigee (Starcrossed, #1)
  • Push (The Game, #2)
  • Hell Transporter (Between, #2)
  • Don't Fear the Reaper (Netherworld, #1)
  • Otherkin (Otherkin, #1)
  • Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4)
  • Amber Eyes (Entwined Souls Trilogy, #1)
  • King Cave (Forever Evermore, #2)
  • A Werewolf's Tale (Forbidden Alliance, #1)
  • The Curse Girl
  • Allusive Aftershock
Kimberly Montague was born and raised in the Bay Area of California before moving to North Carolina with her husband where they now live with their three dogs, Ronan, Kara, and Buffy along with their over-sized cat, Shadow. In her spare time, she enjoys watching True Blood, old episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and reading tales of vampires. In addition to writing, she enjoys constantly readin ...more
More about Kimberly Montague...

Setenid Blight (3 books)
  • Divided (Setenid Blight, #2)
  • Manipulated (A Setenid Blight Novel)