Start by marking “The Seven Whistlers” as Want to Read:
The Seven Whistlers

The Seven Whistlers

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Legends say that on stormy nights, or on sunsets, there sometimes comes a strange whistling noise in the sky, followed by sightings of enormous black dogs. But these are no ordinary dogs. They are demonic things, hounds loose from the Wild Hunt, and they are searching for lost souls. Ill fortune will befall any who encounter them, one by one. They are rarely sighted more t ...more
Published December 1st 2006 by Subterranean Press

To ask other readers questions about The Seven Whistlers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seven Whistlers

Brooke
Jun 12, 2007 Brooke rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: short story fans
Shelves: 2007, own, horror
The Seven Whistlers is the newest in the growing line of collaborations between Benson and Golden, but is not a part of their Ghosts of Albion series. The stand-alone novella follows Rose in the days following her grandfather's death as the small town she lives in is plagued by fearsome black dogs and grave bad luck.

Benson and Golden weave an intriguing tale for such a short space, and some of Golden's trademark horror is present as Rose slowly learns disturbing truths about loved ones. The horr
jess
I picked up this book from the new horror section for a change of pace at the downtown library. I wanted a fairly quick read, and it was skinny and with no book jacket - I was intrigued. Classic or pompous for a new book. Then I saw Amber Benson mentioned, and thought 'buffy!'. Not sure if it's the same one..

anyway, it was an easy story to get into. pretty straightforward characters, enjoyable clasic scarytale.

Kendra
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I found it hard to put down as I needed to know what happened to the people in the town and the reason for the story. I loved that although it was a quick read a lot happened and the story was portrayed in such detail that it worked for 143 pages no more and no less.

Great story!
Shirley
Enjoyed this book very much - couldn't put it down. Interesting characters and story plot. I'm a fan of Christopher Golden but was surprised by Amber Benson's (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)input.
Seawood
A spooky little tale!
Javier
Javier marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Myrna
Myrna marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Caerigna Lunaltii
Caerigna Lunaltii marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Sunshine
Sunshine marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Lia
Lia marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Ruben
Ruben marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Miza Peters
Miza Peters marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Breezy
Breezy marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Bianca
Bianca marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Dani
Dani marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Dave Olsher
Dave Olsher marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Mamat
Mamat marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Mika
Mika marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Joshanna Robinson
Joshanna Robinson marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Meredith
Meredith marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
BookLoversLife
BookLoversLife marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
More about Amber Benson...
Death's Daughter (Calliope Reaper-Jones, #1) Cat's Claw (Calliope Reaper-Jones, #2) Serpent's Storm (Calliope Reaper-Jones, #3) How to be Death (Calliope Reaper-Jones, #4) Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow & Tara (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #25 Buffy Seasons 5 & 6)